Results 1 to 73 of 73

Thread: ZEN Pinball THD

  1. #1
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Talking ZEN Pinball THD

    Formal announcement regarding ZEN Pinball THD coming May 9th. We will be showing the game at Google I/O in the developer sandbox.

    ZEN Pinball THD will be available soon on Tegra Zone, a free app on Android Market™ that provides a one-stop destination for the richest games for Tegra-powered super phones or tablets.

    Available for the first time on any mobile platform, ZEN Pinball THD harnesses the power of Tegra’s GeForce® GPU and dual-core CPU to produce a hyper-realistic, graphically-rich pinball gaming experience. The game sets a new standard for realistic ball physics and graphical detail in pinball video games employing cutting-edge visuals, challenging tables, true-to-life ball and table physics and combines them with innovative features not found in any other pinball game.

    Sorcerer's Lair will be the first table released for ZEN Pinball THD. Release will be late May / Early June 2011.

    crackervizzo

  2. #2
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,023

    Talking

    Wicked, good that you are branching out to other platforms in which you can deliver digital pinball to us all.


    - Official Table Guides

    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  3. #3
    Member LarrysFunnyBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sunshine State.
    Posts
    32

    Thumbs up

    Soon I will never have to leave pinball...or it will never leave me...something like that. Look forward to trying it out.
    I aint got no skills, I just smack the ball for a while...LOL! ;-)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Good news..now go for the iPad.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Ah, so it's only for Android devices with Tegra processors? Hopefully my next Android will have that so I can get this.

  6. #6

    Default

    Just ordered my tegra tablet wich i'm supposed to get tomorrow ...

    Bring it on !!! IT IS late may early june

  7. #7

    Default

    Got it ... acer iconia A 500 , great product compared to the archos 101 very close to the ipad but more open due to android ... recommended product !
    Well ...
    Where's sorcerer's lair now ???

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I just traded my mt4g for a g2x and zen thd was one of the driving factors. The wait is killing me! I want to count the days until release but...

    I really hope it lives up to my expectations, the mt4g had a lot going for it that this phone does not. So far nvidia's pinball hd has only made me regret the switch.

  9. #9

    Default

    pinball hd is a joke ... on android on iphone, in hd ... whatever.

  10. #10
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Release date is looking late September-ish.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Thanks for the update! are you guys planning on keeping tegra 2 compatibility? I know the tegra 3 looks amazing but I hope it doesn't become a requirement.
    Last edited by AARPS; 07-06-2011 at 09:39 AM.

  12. #12
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AARPS View Post
    Thanks for the update! are you guys planning on keeping tegra 2 compatibility? I know the tegra 3 looks amazing but I hope it doesn't become a requirement.
    Yes, the game will run on Tegra 2 devices (I have it installed on my Atrix right now!)

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Yes, the game will run on Tegra 2 devices (I have it installed on my Atrix right now!)
    WHEW. I, uh, I can test if it'll run smoothly on a g2x for you if you'd like. And maybe try to beta it a little for you..?

  14. #14

    Default

    Anyway, for the few users who seem to be interested in tegra 2 tablets, can we have a special info regarding wich tables will be available for ZEN PINBALL THD ???

    Apart from sorcerer's lair, that we already know ....

  15. #15
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    Anyway, for the few users who seem to be interested in tegra 2 tablets, can we have a special info regarding wich tables will be available for ZEN PINBALL THD ???

    Apart from sorcerer's lair, that we already know ....
    We've announced that Marvel tables are coming to the platform, but I think that's all we've said. Expect the content to be somewhat in line with the PS3 Zen Pinball/Marvel Pinball.

  16. #16

    Default

    Nice thanks for the quick reply ...can't wait

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3

    Arrow Availability

    Looking forward to download it, any news?

    Rgs
    Andrea
    www.lagodiosiglia.it

  18. #18

    Default

    From tegrazone, july 2011 :

    Tegra Puts a New Spin on Pinball

    By John Gaudiosi (gamerlive.tv) on Wed, Jul 20 2011


    Developer Zen Studios is using NVIDIA’s latest technology to update a classic game – pinball. Designed to take advantage of the latest NVIDIA® Tegra™ -powered smartphones and tablets, Zen Pinball THD brings the classic arcade game to life in a mobile format. Neil Sorens, creative director at Zen Studios, talks about the role new technology has played in making something old, new again, in this exclusive interview.

    Why do you think pinball translates well to the mobile space?
    Pinball is a very simple game and it’s very easy to get into. You have two clippers and a bunch of stuff going on the tables. So whether you’re a novice or you’re an expert, there is just something there for everyone. You can just hit the flippers and keep the ball in play while the lights flash and stuff moves around. Or in expert mode you learn all the modes and you can beat a table. It’s definitely a game that reaches across all audiences.

    What’s your business model with Zen Pinball THD?
    It’s essentially a pinball platform. It’s a game where you get the platform for free and then you just buy any tables you want within that platform. Gamers can buy anything from our own original tables to licensed tables. We’re working with some of the biggest names in the games and entertainment industry on this platform. Best of all, these tables pretty much look exactly like what a console pinball game would look like. We were very pleasantly surprised about just how much power we were able to get out of the Tegra processor. When we hand the tablet to somebody, they’re always surprised at how much our game looks like something you’d play on today’s consoles. It’s just really amazing. And if you’re a game developer on consoles, how could you not be excited about this? It’s just as good as Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and you can carry it around with you. The graphics are amazing. The interface is amazing. It’s the future.

    How easy was it to port your game over to Tegra 2?
    We got Zen Pinball up and running very quickly, actually. NVIDIA’s been in the graphics business for a long time, so they know exactly what developers want. It was a very smooth process. They’re like “what can we do for you, how can we make things easier, here are some tablets, just go do what you do best and let us know if you need any help.” It’s been fantastic. On the Tegra platforms, it’s like working on another console. That’s basically what it is and we can do the same assets, same engines, and just get it on there quickly and everything will work. The game runs at 60 frames per second with full texture quality and full physics effects going one. In some ways, this is actually superior to what we have going on with the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. It’s super impressive.

  19. #19

    Default

    @up, I read that on TegraZone few months ago. I am waiting for Zen Pinball since may, and I am checking this thread every day for some info about real release date not mentioning like "soon" - come on guys it is almost 5 months of waiting :P
    I have birthday soon - I am looking forward for Zen Pinball as a gift :-)
    I have few another questions about app
    1. About buying another tables - it will be In App Purchase or Buying additional tables from Android Market - as addons or sth?
    2. About memory space/cache - is it possible to use it on SD-card (sometimes phone/tablet system storage is better for app base and SD-card for other content like textures etc.)

    Thanks for your great job, and I'm waiting for quick release

  20. #20
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Sorry to keep you guys waiting. This is a post to say that good news is coming soon, including specific tables that will be available, pricing, release dates, etc. I think you will all be happy with the launch.

    crackervizzo

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Really looking forward to this!

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting. This is a post to say that good news is coming soon, including specific tables that will be available, pricing, release dates, etc. I think you will all be happy with the launch.

    crackervizzo
    Hi any info about release. Is it possible to get the game in this month, or probably on October?

    Edit. Still no answer, almost 6 months of waiting few changes of release date.... Guys come on! How long?
    Last edited by wiewiorcwaniak; 09-29-2011 at 07:40 PM.

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    So, any news on the release or even the press release announcing the release date? Since the last post from Zen in this thread, Shadowgun for Tegra has both been announced and given a release date of this month, kinda feel like we're being left in the dark, which is disapointing because this game was the title I was most looking forward to when i bought my tablet back in June.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Pinball was one of the reasons i got the galaxy tab on Sunday. i got pinball hd from the tegra zone its ok but not a patch on zen pinball. Really looking forward to playing it

  25. #25
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    By the end of next month for sure!
    Last edited by Solitude; 10-04-2011 at 06:36 PM.

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    By the end of next month for sure!
    So what another month of waiting? First of all you tells that you release game at late may... second was early june... third was late september... then now you're telling us that you release game on end of november? Then what... sorry guys it will run only on Tegra 3?
    On first info on Tegra Zone you are telling about that game is completed... Now few months later there is nothing than changing "virtual" release date...
    Better way was release standard version with few tables, then develop and release another addon tables for money etc. Or even release standard version not for free only for happy customers...Now we're waiting for some kind of mirage or sth....

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiewiorcwaniak View Post
    So what another month of waiting? First of all you tells that you release game at late may... second was early june... third was late september... then now you're telling us that you release game on end of november? Then what... sorry guys it will run only on Tegra 3?
    On first info on Tegra Zone you are telling about that game is completed... Now few months later there is nothing than changing "virtual" release date...
    Better way was release standard version with few tables, then develop and release another addon tables for money etc. Or even release standard version not for free only for happy customers...Now we're waiting for some kind of mirage or sth....

    +1 indeed!!

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting. This is a post to say that good news is coming soon, including specific tables that will be available, pricing, release dates, etc. I think you will all be happy with the launch.

    crackervizzo

    My tablet is full of dust

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    great news, looking forward to it!!

  30. #30
    Junior Member OSPerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default Atrix 2 doesn't have a Tegra 2 chip in it, but Atrix 1 did??

    I've been holding off on buying a new droid phone awaiting the killer app from you guys...

    My question is... Atrix 1 from Motorola, has the Tegra2 chip, and AT&T used to sell it in their stores, but now they sell the Atrix2 phone, which has the same horsepower as the Atrix one but doesn't have a Tegra 2 chip. There are very few phones, in the grand scheme of things, that runs Nvidia's Tegra 2, and its interesting that Motorola moved away from Tegra 2, to a Texas Instruments chip I think.

    Will Pinball FX for android run on newer phones... say an Atrix2, or does it require Tegra2?

    Thanks,
    OS Perry

    Love your guys work.

  31. #31
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OSPerry View Post
    I've been holding off on buying a new droid phone awaiting the killer app from you guys...

    Will Pinball FX for android run on newer phones... say an Atrix2, or does it require Tegra2?

    Thanks,
    OS Perry

    Love your guys work.
    Zen Pinball THD will run on Tegra2 and Tegra3 devices for the time being. We are looking at getting it ready for the rest of the Android market ASAP.

  32. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3

    Default Tegra optimization

    For the time would be nice to have release it OPTIMIZED for Tegra 2 since after 4 month it was presented is not yet available for Nvidia user.....

  33. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Well they did say by the end of next month back in October, so should be soon.

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Re the trailer:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeQFcjudi7Y

    Something I saw:

    "Zen Pinball THD - Coming Soon as a Free Download"

    I believe this has a very strong potential to mislead people, just as the "free" claim of Pinball FX 2 annoyed quite a number of people.

    Zen, you might want to make it clearer that although Zen Pinball is a free download, the tables are not free.

    (Unless, of course, you really are giving Sorcerer's Lair away for free.)


    BTW, Zen are now boldly stating that they have:

    The most advanced ball physics in video game pinball
    Quite a boast. OTOH, FarSight are claiming that their physics are the closest match to real tables.

    Competition is good!

  35. #35
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Re the trailer:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeQFcjudi7Y

    Something I saw:

    "Zen Pinball THD - Coming Soon as a Free Download"

    I believe this has a very strong potential to mislead people, just as the "free" claim of Pinball FX 2 annoyed quite a number of people.

    Zen, you might want to make it clearer that although Zen Pinball is a free download, the tables are not free.

    (Unless, of course, you really are giving Sorcerer's Lair away for free.)

    We are in fact giving away Sorcerer's Lair for free to anyone who downloads the game. Same goes for iOS

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Wow, that is very cool.

    Is that a limited time deal, or something you plan on doing for a while?

  37. #37
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    This will be ongoing, no strings attached.

  38. #38
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Wow offering a free table, I love me some Sorcerers Lair. That alone should make it a policy for everyone to download.


    - Official Table Guides

    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  39. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default A decent pinball game on android phones?

    Can't wait for a decent pinball game on android phones, seems there are some very average tables on there. From looking at some other non pinball games it seems the dual core phones have pretty similar graphics to the tegra ones.

    I have a SGS2 so hopefully zen puts out some good tables soon.

    A Couple of questions cracker, will they be all new tables just for phones or the same ones as on xbox? If they are the same will there be any link to xbox features?

    Have you guys settled on a pricing structure yet or release window?

  40. #40
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOKTango View Post

    A Couple of questions cracker, will they be all new tables just for phones or the same ones as on xbox? If they are the same will there be any link to xbox features?

    Have you guys settled on a pricing structure yet or release window?
    Right now we are working on bringing our existing table portfolio to THD. However, the goal is to begin releasing all new tables across both console and mobile at the same time so everyone can get the game simultaneously.

    Pricing structure: the game / app will be a free download and come with a FREE table (Sorcerer's Lair). After that, tables will be purchased individually. Prices will likely be $1.99 / licensed table, and $0.99 for original tables. We are still playing with this, and the game will be out very soon!

  41. #41
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Pricing structure: the game / app will be a free download and come with a FREE table (Sorcerer's Lair). After that, tables will be purchased individually. Prices will likely be $1.99 / licensed table, and $0.99 for original tables. We are still playing with this, and the game will be out very soon!
    Thats very reasonable imo, practically giving the Tables away.


    - Official Table Guides

    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  42. #42
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Zen Pinball THD for Tegra powered devices will be available starting next week!

    This will be a FREE pinball platform download, similar to Pinball FX2 on XBLA. The download will come with a FREE table - Sorcerer's Lair - for everyone, no strings attached.

    All other tables will be purchased individually via in-app purchasing.

    We will let you know when the game goes live next week!

  43. #43
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Wow this sure is going to be a busy christmas for Zen Studios, hope everything goes as planned.


    - Official Table Guides

    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  44. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Zen Pinball THD for Tegra powered devices will be available starting next week!

    This will be a FREE pinball platform download, similar to Pinball FX2 on XBLA. The download will come with a FREE table - Sorcerer's Lair - for everyone, no strings attached.

    All other tables will be purchased individually via in-app purchasing.

    We will let you know when the game goes live next week!
    At last ... I already began to worry that we can forget about this game for Tegra 2 chips. It's took a very very long time with, hopefully, this time you will keeping your promises.

  45. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Cannot wait. Will we be able to link our android accounts with our xbox ones for high scores and such, or are they completely seperate?

    Ps, pinball on the go!

  46. #46
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    The game will be live tomorrow!

    You can check out a trailer here: http://youtu.be/-JTd8VsEcbE

  47. #47
    Senior Member Bearded_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, AL, US
    Posts
    394

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    The game will be live tomorrow!

    You can check out a trailer here: http://youtu.be/-JTd8VsEcbE
    Sweet! The game looks as good as I hoped it would. I guess it's time for me to get a new phone
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

    Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

  48. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I waited so so long for this game to get the biggest disappointment.....it wont run on my tegra 2 froyo tablet. 2.3 and up

  49. #49
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kieso View Post
    I waited so so long for this game to get the biggest disappointment.....it wont run on my tegra 2 froyo tablet. 2.3 and up
    What is the model and the exact Android version? (for example, I have a Motorola Atrix running 2.3.4).

    We haven't tested the game on every available Tegra 2 device, so it's possible that some won't work properly. But we will put out updates to get the game running on any that don't work - we just need to know what they are.

  50. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    324

    Thumbs up

    It works perfectly on my wife's acer a500...

    Now there won't be salvation from pinball, even when i'm away from my 360...



    Great job guys, and thanx for the free table.Everything works just fine, i only have to make practise with nudging...here is for real!

  51. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zuprichy View Post
    It works perfectly on my wife's acer a500...
    I'm very glad i bought this tablet although acer's rep is not that good, but that piece of equipment i found very good ... now you're telling zen pinball works like a charm on it, hurray !

  52. #52

    Default

    ok found it during lunch break ... im a bit disapointed at the framerate especially on fantastic four but its still the best game i have on the tablet ... of course it is !

    Bring on tegra 3 tablets now

  53. #53
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Glad you guys are enjoying it.


    - Official Table Guides

    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  54. #54
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X DrLobo View Post
    ok found it during lunch break ... im a bit disapointed at the framerate especially on fantastic four but its still the best game i have on the tablet ... of course it is !
    Turn off the "Arcade Effects". That may help improve the frame rate.
    Last edited by shogun00; 11-30-2011 at 06:47 PM.

  55. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    What is the model and the exact Android version? (for example, I have a Motorola Atrix running 2.3.4).

    We haven't tested the game on every available Tegra 2 device, so it's possible that some won't work properly. But we will put out updates to get the game running on any that don't work - we just need to know what they are.
    I have a gtablet running 2.2 and it is a tegra 2 device. I have no issues running other THD games that are compatible with 2.2

  56. #56
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kieso View Post
    I have a gtablet running 2.2 and it is a tegra 2 device. I have no issues running other THD games that are compatible with 2.2
    We only officially support 2.3.3 and above, as the Marketplace description says. Unfortunately, 2.2 has some major issues that make it impossible to do certain things at an acceptable performance level.

  57. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I was long waited this game to release but unfortunatelly I cannot find it on market.
    If I am using the web version of the android market it says that my Samsung Galaxy Tab device is not supported.

    Is it a normal behaving?

    My Device:
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510)
    - Android version is 3.1
    - Rooted (kernel v2.6.36.3)
    Last edited by sEsE123; 11-30-2011 at 08:52 PM.

  58. #58
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sEsE123 View Post
    I was long waited this game to release but unfortunatelly I cannot find it on market.
    If I am using the web version of the android market it says that my Samsung Galaxy Tab device is not supported.

    Is it a normal behaving?

    My Device:
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (GT-P7510)
    - Android version is 3.1
    - Rooted (kernel v2.6.36.3)
    We're having an issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 specifically. Hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow-ish.

  59. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    We're having an issue with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 specifically. Hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow-ish.
    Thank you for the quick information.
    I think I can wait one (or two) more day.

  60. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Turn off the "Arcade Effects". That may help improve the frame rate.
    Brilliant idea, thanks !

  61. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Great job zen plays sweet on my galaxy tab 10.1 you now have my money on ps3, xbox, droid and i'm about to buy capt america on my gfs ipad 2

  62. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    181

    Default Impressed

    Downloaded it and played it on Galaxy Tab and I must say it is very good. No lag or anything and looking very nice.

    I have to compare it side by side with my 360 version later just for fun but I didn't feel like anything was missing.

  63. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I have an Asus EEE Pad Transformer, and Zen THD works great on it. The only gripe I have is that nudging is awkward on a tablet since you have to jerk the entire device while trying to touch it for flippers. Other than that, it's great, just as smooth as the PS3 version. Well done, guys.

  64. #64
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Just a quick note to let you know that a new Marvel table will release tomorrow for Zen Pinball THD.

  65. #65
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Just got the thor table good choice prob my fave of the v&v pack. Keep up good work

  66. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Next Up?

    Will there be another table released in January? I would suggest the Street Fighter table if you're looking for a candidate.

  67. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Zen Pinball THD will run on Tegra2 and Tegra3 devices for the time being. We are looking at getting it ready for the rest of the Android market ASAP.
    Can't wait! I only have a Motorola RAZR

  68. #68
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Just wanted to let you all know that the Excalibur table for Zen Pinball THD will release tomorrow! $0.99 for the table. If you are unfamiliar with this table, here is a brief description:

    One of Zen Studios’ most popular original designs, Excalibur, takes players back to medieval times, when the Kingdom of Camelot is under siege from every direction. Fire-breathing dragons, bandits, wizards and witches all threaten to destroy King Arthur’s legendary domain. Join Arthur, Merlin, and the Knights of the Round Table as they fight duels, joust in tournaments, rescue maidens, protect Camelot, and quest for the Holy Grail!

    You can see the table up close on zenpinball.com or pinballfx.com
    Last edited by Solitude; 01-18-2012 at 08:03 AM.

  69. #69
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    My favorite game! I have bought all tables because I have no PS3 or X-Box and I do not plan to buy a console. The power of modern mobile devices is strong enought to let us play fantastic games on it. And tables are not only game platforms but also on the way to replace computers... So my question. Is it planned from ZEN to release all existing tables for Android too? If yes...any plans when and what table will be released next???

  70. #70
    Community Manager BarbieBobomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,767

    Default

    We have a table coming out this summer (and of course more after that) for the mobile crowd, but it is unannounced at this point. I'll be sure to post the news as soon as I am able to

  71. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thanks that's nice to hear but I wonder why you can release six tables during the last half year and now there is a long time we must wait for new releases...
    It would be so nice to play all the existing tables on mobile devices. The new mobile devices have enough power and interfaces (USB, HDMI) to play your tables on a full HD screen with an sixaxis controller so there is no difference to PS3 or Xbox....

  72. #72
    Community Manager BarbieBobomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,767

    Default

    We have a lot of different projects going (for MANY different platforms besides mobile devices) and our focus is getting Zen Pinball 2 and Avengers Chronicles out on console before we can focus on mobile again.

  73. #73
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jojolino View Post
    Thanks that's nice to hear but I wonder why you can release six tables during the last half year and now there is a long time we must wait for new releases...
    It would be so nice to play all the existing tables on mobile devices. The new mobile devices have enough power and interfaces (USB, HDMI) to play your tables on a full HD screen with an sixaxis controller so there is no difference to PS3 or Xbox....
    That's not the problem. It's the manpower. Zen is a pretty small company with only about 40 developers. Right now, it's an "all hands on deck" moment in trying to get both Zen Pinball 2 and the Avenger Chronicles out. Once those are released both their developers and money will be freed up and they can start focusing on the other platforms.

    It's been the same for both PS3 and Xbox 360 users. We had times in the past where we were waiting up to 8 months for a new table to release out and Zen was much smaller back then.

    Game ports aren't magically converted to other platforms over night either. It doesn't matter how advanced the hardware is on cell phones. The PS3 (for example) uses a completely different programing language compared to the cell phones. It still takes time to convert (recode) the tables properly over to another platform.
    Last edited by shogun00; 05-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •