Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Planet Minigolf Improvements / Wishlist

  1. #1
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default Planet Minigolf Improvements / Wishlist

    We are currently discussing the future of Planet Minigolf, we would really like to hear your thoughts on improvements and new features you might like to see. All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance for taking the time to share.

    crazkervizzo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Planet minigolf improvements

    I would like to see more courses, outfits, and maybe different characters.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    21

    Default Imporvements

    Hi Zen

    Firstly that bug in the ancient course - the obstacle with the ramp and the button you have to hit to make the stone wheel turn around to get the ball to go to the other side - this only works for the first payer thru the obstacle - everyone else if playing multiplayer gets stuck in the trough - this has been reported numerous times and is on of the most agonising problems. So if you aren't first then you take 15 strokes.

    Also the catapult in stronghold. It is very unreliable with direction when it capatults you out i=unless there is a driver in the cup. So maybe if that could be tweeked to go straight - or maybe stronghold is particularly windy. lol.

    It would be nice to have some sabotage power ups like in 3d ultra mini golf. Life a flame trail or bombs or stick gum or grease you can place on the course to play war games.

    And the other thing is the ranking system. The exploit that was used in the games beginning makes it virtually impossible to get anywhere near the top of the overall scoreboard. I'm 63 at the moment but omg how does the No1 player have a gazillion points.

    Plus and added feature could be the addition of a wins and losses leaderboard or some kind of true skill ranking system which combines trick points and wins. Again like 3d mini golf on the xbox.

    Some new oufits and accessories and characters would be great too.

    Apart from that i am an avid lover of the game.

    Cheers and hope you take on board this

  4. #4
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,520

    Default

    - More control options, especially for the gadgets. I don't like using the tilt control on that ball control one.

    - More weekly tournaments. If you can't create these frequently anymore, then make a permanent one. It's not fair that your new customers can't get that one bronze trophy.

    - More DLC! Only one add-on and that's it?

  5. #5

    Default Online/Offline

    Please can you have an option for local players to join in with online games

    I often play online with friends but I am unable to join with a friend who is with me at the time due to that not being an option

    Also, there is no option for 3 players to play offline

    And if at all possible, more than 4 players to play in a single offline and online game

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Continued support with weekly tournaments please.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default Feedback

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    - More control options, especially for the gadgets. I don't like using the tilt control on that ball control one.

    - More weekly tournaments. If you can't create these frequently anymore, then make a permanent one. It's not fair that your new customers can't get that one bronze trophy.

    - More DLC! Only one add-on and that's it?
    Hear, hear!

    Quote Originally Posted by stedaman View Post
    Continued support with weekly tournaments please.
    Seconded! I too want to play atleast one weekly tournament. Hope one will be up soon.

  8. #8
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Thanks everyone. There are some great ideas in here!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Planet Minigolf improvements

    That obstacle on ancient course must be eliminated. It has become a certain custom for everyone to give up that hole every time we see that obstacle (ramp to hit buttons - only first person goes through).
    Also, guests must definitely be able to join online games. Many times I would like to play online with my friends at home , and cannot. This would be amazing if it could be changed.
    More characters and outfits would also definitely be a bonus.
    Also, I don't know how ratings affect a hole, but holes with a lower rating should be selected less frequently on random courses, and vice versa. I am not saying they should never come up, but less would be nice, and rewarding for people who spend time building good courses.
    Last but not least, additional courses would be great. Its been a while since stronghold island, and other courses would greatly be welcome, considering how many people still play the game.

    That is all.

    Thanks for trying to make these changes possible! I love the game. Its like pringles: once you pop, you can't stop.

    Sincerely,
    The Swiss Mafia

  10. #10

    Default Just some ideas

    I'd like to see/have..

    Course Design :

    1: A lot more course pieces to play with..

    Half width pieces (straights, curves, zigzags etc..)
    More pieces without sides.
    Some more "organic" shaped pieces.
    What about some with water ones (or just ones with various shaped holes filled with water etc..)
    Generally, just more pieces to play with.


    2: Be able to select different textures for the course pieces (grass, concrete etc..)

    3: More objects (static and animated) such as rocks of different sizes, columns, arches etc.. generally a lot more objects to add to courses.

    4: An increase in the maximum course parts and objects for each hole (the limit is way too small at the moment).

    5: Be able to create/save holes and courses to your HD so you can play them offline without having to have uploaded them and be connected. This way I could create as many holes as I want and ony upload the best ones and not everything I create.

    6: Maybe some new environments (Egypt theme, Theme Park theme (eg. water park)

    7: The ability to set the par for my holes/courses myself (This is quite important for me).


    The Game :

    1: More clothes and items. Maybe even with selectable diffent colour options.

    2: Maybe a customizable character editor (like the "proper" golf games have).

    3: Allow 3 players to play offline (I like the fact you can use one controller for everyone so please keep that).

    4: Be able to "download" other peoples courses so I can play them offline (I don't always have access to an internet conection).

    5: Be able to turn the percentage meter on or off etc..



    And of course keep everything you already have.


    I really like the game (it plays really well) and I think it has huge amounts of potential if things were expanded so you could do more with it.

    Just some ideas.

    Slippery

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Gotta say I was disappointed to read in another thread that you guys weren't too keen on doing more for Planet Minigolf due to poor response to (I'm guessing) Stronghold Island. I say this because more DLC is what I'd like to see.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs down complete disappointment

    It has been 7 months since this topic was created, no support whatsoever for this game and the 3 player local multiplay wich is a huge embarrassment was never fixed, i'll think twice or more before buying another game from Zen Studios.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    We are currently discussing the future of Planet Minigolf, we would really like to hear your thoughts on improvements and new features you might like to see. All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance for taking the time to share.

    crazkervizzo

    I think the game is mostly excellent as it is. This game should have sold millions of copies. Maybe if a new version is created minus the bugs it would sell a lot more copies?

    The shrine bug needs to be fixed.

    There is also another bug you get now and again. Luckily not a lot of people put this on a course. I think this is on the ancient valley courses. You get a sort of concrete see-saw. When the first player goes over the see-saw it tilts the see-saw upwards. That then creates a problem for the next player as the see-saw is up and you have no way of getting on or over it. You then have no choice but to give up.

    A lot of the ancient valley and stronghold island courses are boring. There are often too many short shot turns. Sometimes you have played 4 - 6 shots and hardly moved along the hole. Some of the wooden courses are just very long and require little skill. I must admit I mostly play random local multi play courses so sorry to all the people who have created custom wooden, ancient valley and stronghold island courses. The custom hole/course creator is outstanding. The power ups are great but maybe some new ones could be added. I can't think of any new power ups though lol. Also maybe add more things you would see on a real life crazy golf course such as windmills.

    I think mini golf maniacs is a good mini golf game. Maybe that could also give you some ideas. It's a free download for the PC and has a mod to add the extra courses.

    I would love to see a new version of planet minigolf especially for the PC. The graphics could be massively improved due to current hardware and the bugs could be ironed out. With the bugs ironed out it could be a top seller. Even with the bugs planet minigolf is the best mini golf game ever released on any platform. It's a really fun game to play.
    Last edited by ennogs; 04-02-2014 at 11:10 PM.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamieDaCosta View Post
    Please can you have an option for local players to join in with online games

    I often play online with friends but I am unable to join with a friend who is with me at the time due to that not being an option

    Also, there is no option for 3 players to play offline

    And if at all possible, more than 4 players to play in a single offline and online game
    Excellent idea. I play local multiplay with a friend when he comes to my home. It would be great if we could both play online against people.
    Last edited by ennogs; 04-02-2014 at 11:12 PM.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPenguins View Post
    I'd like to see/have..

    Course Design :

    1: A lot more course pieces to play with..

    Half width pieces (straights, curves, zigzags etc..)
    More pieces without sides.
    Some more "organic" shaped pieces.
    What about some with water ones (or just ones with various shaped holes filled with water etc..)
    Generally, just more pieces to play with.


    2: Be able to select different textures for the course pieces (grass, concrete etc..)

    3: More objects (static and animated) such as rocks of different sizes, columns, arches etc.. generally a lot more objects to add to courses.

    4: An increase in the maximum course parts and objects for each hole (the limit is way too small at the moment).

    5: Be able to create/save holes and courses to your HD so you can play them offline without having to have uploaded them and be connected. This way I could create as many holes as I want and ony upload the best ones and not everything I create.

    6: Maybe some new environments (Egypt theme, Theme Park theme (eg. water park)

    7: The ability to set the par for my holes/courses myself (This is quite important for me).


    The Game :

    1: More clothes and items. Maybe even with selectable diffent colour options.

    2: Maybe a customizable character editor (like the "proper" golf games have).

    3: Allow 3 players to play offline (I like the fact you can use one controller for everyone so please keep that).

    4: Be able to "download" other peoples courses so I can play them offline (I don't always have access to an internet conection).

    5: Be able to turn the percentage meter on or off etc..



    And of course keep everything you already have.


    I really like the game (it plays really well) and I think it has huge amounts of potential if things were expanded so you could do more with it.

    Just some ideas.

    Slippery

    I agree with this

    Be able to "download" other peoples courses so I can play them offline (I don't always have access to an internet connection).

    I took my PS3 to a friends house who has no internet connection. I was sad to find out I could not play random local multi play courses. If I was able to download the custom courses it would make things much better especially as one day you might decide it's time to turn off the online server. If that happens then we will only have the original holes and courses and it would be a shame to lose all the custom made holes..
    Last edited by ennogs; 04-02-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •