Thread: Odd Behavior after purchasing Excalibur

Default Odd Behavior after purchasing Excalibur

After buying Excalibur and installing it on my iPad and iPhone earlier today, I've started having a problem with Zen Pinball. I keep getting asked to enter my Apple ID Password, like it asks when you purchase something.

Has anyone else had that problem?

Yes. I'm having the same issue.

Are you only having the problem while playing the Excalibur table? I haven't played anything else yet today to check if it's just an issue with that one table, or if the entire app is affected.

I see the same thing. Just on the table select menu.

I had it there, but also had it appear if I paused the game, or if I exited the app and returned to a game that I had already started.

Quote Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post
    I had it there, but also had it appear if I paused the game, or if I exited the app and returned to a game that I had already started.
    I have the same problem.

Are you only having the problem while playing the Excalibur table? I haven't played anything else yet today to check if it's just an issue with that one table, or if the entire app is affected.
    Yes, I can confirm that this only occurs when playing Excalibur and then leaving the game/putting iPad to sleep. On wake if it's been more than about 5 minutes I have to sign in with my Apple ID before I can play.

UPDATE: I am now getting this every time I boot up the game from fresh. It appears immediately while the Zen logo is on screen. Rebooted iPad, all apps closed, must be a bug with the latest table update.
    Last edited by Coffee_n_Donuts; 01-19-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Same issue here.
    I have to log in or cancel it to play every time I start Zen Pinball since Excalibur was added.
    Not a biggie but still annoying

No offense to Zen, but how can something like this get missed in testing?

Same here, was wondering why it kept doing that. Glad it's not just me. Fix please Zen!!!

and just to prove it's universal.... me too

It now asks me for my password every time I start the app. Very odd.

Hello Zen guys... is there a fix coming for this soon?

Thanks for the note on this...looking into it.

Waiting for a fix on this to buy this table, normally would be an instabuy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ltruite View Post
    Waiting for a fix on this to buy this table, normally would be an instabuy for me.
    It doesn't spoil the game at all. It just asks you to log in with your Apple ID but all you have to do it click cancel and it won't bother you again while you are playing. The game plays perfectly.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker, it's just slightly annoying.

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker, it's just slightly annoying.
    Agreed. I have the same problem as everyone else. You only get the pop up during the menu screens and you can simply cancel to keep playing. Minor bug and inconvenience that will hopefully be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
    It doesn't spoil the game at all. It just asks you to log in with your Apple ID but all you have to do it click cancel and it won't bother you again while you are playing. The game plays perfectly.
    Oh it can happen In-game. Got me yesterday on the Thor table. Might be whilst I was restarting quickly, coz you know "I don't get out of bed" for anything less than 100 million on my first ball.

We are working on this issue, hope to have it fixed in an update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    We are working on this issue, hope to have it fixed in an update soon.
    How about swipe support for nudging while you're at it???? Will save u resubmitting another update to apple

I like the new forum verification questions, btw

I see that this problem is still there even after installing the latest update (V1.3).

Yup, very annoying!

Yeah...

Annoying indeed. It isn't a problem as far as any gameplay is concernced, but it would be nice to actually see this issue go away.

Deleting and reinstalling the app fixed this issue for me. Though it deleted my Epic Quest stats. Still waiting to here if zen is planning on fixing the camera view not saving from game to game.

This is still rather annoying indeed. After the last update and then Epic Quest table install, (restart, uninstall...etc...etc...) it still is doing this. Is there any new word on what is being done?

Thanks
    Sam

Thanks for letting us know! We're working on a fix

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks for letting us know! We're working on a fix
    No offense Barbie, but you guys have been working on a fix for 2 months... we're starting to feel a bit abandoned here.

Also experiencing this problem. Love the game, but it's driving me crazy having it pop up each time. Experiencing this issue with the third gen ipad

Ok, this is getting even sillier now. After I leave the game and am on the home screen the login suddenly pops up.

And if it happens when you come back to a game it can seriously affect the ball physics. Ball coming down the left side in EQ from a right orbit, went SDTM when it's usually a left flipper catch or bounce pass. Grrrr.

No offense Barbie, but you guys have been working on a fix for 2 months... we're starting to feel a bit abandoned here.
    I sent this to the team (again) about a week ago, I'll let you know what I hear back. Thanks for your patience.

deletezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by spidey99; 06-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Default Same problem here

I wish I looked at this thread prior to purchasing Excalibur. It is so annoying. I really feel for you guys who have been waiting since January. Not having a fix by now is pretty astonishing.

deletezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by spidey99; 06-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.

In 2 days it'll be 4 months since this bug was first reported, and it's still not fixed. Is Zen Pinball on iOS pretty much a dead product at this point? I hope not.

In 2 days it'll be 4 months since this bug was first reported, and it's still not fixed. Is Zen Pinball on iOS pretty much a dead product at this point? I hope not.
    Join the club! There are a lot of bug reports on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game and they have yet to fix any of those either and they've been out for much longer than the iOS version.

It's not dead, we're working on updates for all platforms, it's a lot to do while putting out new products at the same time.

Good, that's what I was hoping to hear. It's just frustrating when obvious bugs aren't fixed, and no new tables have been announced.

deletexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by spidey99; 06-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.