Thread: Epic Quest

Default Epic Quest

I just got a pop up telling me it will be released in february
    It also shows up in the menu as coming soon.
    Awesome

Seriously Zen, just take my money now. I'm an old pinball nut and Zen Pinball has become my favorite game on iOS hands down. I'll buy any table you release. Thanks for a great product.

Thanks! My sharpness in sudoku has sure waned since finding Zen; I can't wait for the new table to release!

This is my first posting on these forums.....since Zen released pinball on ios, I spend more time checking these threads for updated information than I do anything else (SEVERAL times a day)! Thus, I decided to join so I can add my .02 LOL ...... Cannot wait for this new table.... I'm also with ars2x and countless others.....PLEASE RELEASE ALL OF THE TABLES ON IOS AT ONE TIME!! Especially the Marvel tables........ Perhaps the Ghost Rider table to go along with the new movie that is coming out? Hint Hint...... Would love to see Spider Man, Iron Man, and Fantastic Four all at one time, too ..... Too many air hockey games on ios and not enough quality games such as Zen Pinball....start flooding ios, guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anhedonian View Post
    This is my first posting on these forums.....since Zen released pinball on ios, I spend more time checking these threads for updated information than I do anything else (SEVERAL times a day)! Thus, I decided to join so I can add my .02 LOL ...... Cannot wait for this new table.... I'm also with ars2x and countless others.....PLEASE RELEASE ALL OF THE TABLES ON IOS AT ONE TIME!! Especially the Marvel tables........ Perhaps the Ghost Rider table to go along with the new movie that is coming out? Hint Hint...... Would love to see Spider Man, Iron Man, and Fantastic Four all at one time, too ..... Too many air hockey games on ios and not enough quality games such as Zen Pinball....start flooding ios, guys!!
    Yeah, I'd love it if they flooded it. This gradual release is killing me, but it might be a better marketing plan. For normal casuals though. Zen could fill their wallets quickly, as everyone on here would buy every table at once. Though if it was flooded I could see sales of weaker tables be really low. Like I probably wouldn't have bought Excalibur if I could pick up the awesome marvels.

Cant wait for this, there's a review on YouTube that is very promising.

And the RPG element will probably stop me restarting if I lose my first ball cheaply.

That's true, Evolve Or Die, I'm sure they have a good marketing plan in mind and are sticking with same....... but this waiting is killing me, too. I do think it would be a good marketing plan to at least release Ghost Rider in the next couple of weeks to coincide with the movie release..... I'm sure there will be a whole group of people on a Ghost Rider kick who will be willing to purchase the table......

I'm not sure about this table. Of course i will buy it to give it a try. I like the animations in zen pinball, to a degree, when it doesn't interfere with the pinball game play. This seems over the top though. And i have never been a fan of rpg's or hunting for "loot." Also i hate the title. Seems like everybody likes to call everything "epic" these days. In my day it was "rad." I can only hope the fad wears off soon. The one thing i like about the table is it looks more like a comedic parody of the classic rpg rather than a serious attempt to combine pinball with rpg elements. It looks funny.

(no, its not a faucet,it's a tap)

I LOVE the scrolling theatre backdrops. Judging by the chicken top right, and the descriptions I think this is going to be VERY tongue in cheek. The loot thing you are worried about I think is part of the comedy too. Honor? Screw that. Show me the money!

I think i heard somewhere that they are releasing this game on valentine's day.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    I think i heard somewhere that they are releasing this game on valentine's day.
    The 14th for the US PSN and the 15th for everyone else (360, EU PSN, iOS and Android).

Great table!!! I hope there are hundreds of enemies and bosses. The WoW colored loot is cool! Brings back memories...

Isn't EQ supposed to be released for iOS today?

It should be up shortly! Thanks for your patience everyone

whoohoo it's up!

Just downloaded it.

It is available now!!!!

Nice table but too bad it's barely playable on ipad1.
    With the dmd turned on, the framerate is terrible.

I didn't mind turning the dmd off on other tables and see my score at the end but with this one you really miss a lot of info during play.

@Whisper: I have had a few hiccups with dropping framerates on my ipad 1 but I would not call it "barely playable." Make sure all other apps are closed. In fact, I usually reboot the device and start a fresh game. See if that helps. The Apple notification system also causes large drops in framerate. Not much you can do about that unless you don't want any notifications and you can turn them all off. Unfortunately i need notifications.

Yeah thanks but that's not realy the issue. It's a constantly low fps.
    Try a game with the dmd turned off.

Yeah, this table is very hard to play without dmd because you are frequently choosing between different monsters and loot. Bummer. I think we need to upgrade to the ipad 3. Hopefully it has a retina display and a quad core processor. Zen pinball would look pretty slick on that, probably close to console level graphics and performance.

It's barely playable on my iPhone 4 as well.
    The lag is horrible,like it's running 30 fps and then with hickups.
    Extremely disappointing , tried rebooting and even reinstalled .
    Guess it's back to pinball arcade then.

Reading some of the comments it appears that Zen Studios have developed this table for the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 as they're the only devices it runs smoothly on.

Not an issue for me as I have iPhone 4S and iPad 2 but the poor framerate and performance must be very annoying for users with older iOS devices.

You would think there would be a warning before you purchase the table as they surely must have tested the table on devices other than iPhone 4S and iPad 2.

Where do you read that it was developed for new devices only?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
    Where do you read that it was developed for new devices only?
    Nowhere, it's just common sense. The 4s and iPad 2 are the only iOS devices that run zen properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolve or die View Post
    Nowhere, it's just common sense. The 4s and iPad 2 are the only iOS devices that run zen properly.
    Right - and thats the shame!
    Zen had it call "Zen Pinball HD" or give us some explanations in the infotext "only for iPhone 4S and iPad2" (like Galaxy on Fire 2 and GoF2-HD) - that would be fair.

Now there is a embittered aftertaste about the iOS-Version and Zen Studios.

Your comment about common sense makes no sense at all
    And the question was for coffee n donuts about the comments he mentioned
    Last edited by Whisper; 02-16-2012 at 02:47 PM.

I hope there's an update for this table because it is barely playable on the iPhone 4. Luckily I do have an iPad 2, and it plays just fine there, but it's sad that I can't play on my phone while waiting for the train!

I haven't tried this one on my iPad 1, but it's disappointing to hear it's less smooth than previous tables, especially after how Thor and Excalibur look on iPad 1. After the update, I found the flipper response to be much better on iPad 1 than before, and the framerate seems to be mostly stable in general. The ball textures are odd looking for tables pre Thor. I wasn't expecting 60 FPS on iPad 1, so I'm ok with a lower framerate as long as it's stable (I do expect it to hold up to the 3DS, which sounds slower than iPad 1 spec wise), but it sounds like Epic Quest got the short end of the stick here. Too bad there aren't demos like on 360.

I usually play in vertical mode on view 3, though. Not sure if that makes any difference, but I noticed scrolling was choppy when I played in horizontal mode on a couple tables, and that the graphics at the bottom are cut off. I also noticed that the game attempts to do the reflections of the console versions. IMO, these should be disabled on older models if they cause too much of a framerate hit.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 02-17-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlemonjello View Post
    It's barely playable on my iPhone 4 as well.
    I have the iPhone 4 and it seemed fine to me. I always try to reset my phone before I play a game so I don't have issues with it. I will let the team know that some people are having issues playing on the iPhone 4. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
    Your comment about common sense makes no sense at all
    And the question was for coffee n donuts about the comments he mentioned
    My answer would have been exactly the same as Evlove or Die's. It's just common sense after reading all of the feedback in this forum from older device owners.

Hopefully Zen can tweak it for older devices. If not, upgrade!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee_n_Donuts View Post
    My answer would have been exactly the same as Evlove or Die's. It's just common sense after reading all of the feedback in this forum from older device owners.

Hopefully Zen can tweak it for older devices. If not, upgrade!!!!!
    I disagree. I found the framerate to be stable, for the most part for Thor and earlier tables and it's unreleastic to expect Zen to run as smooth as 360 or iPad 2 on earlier devices considering the amount of detail and quality of the graphics. I'm fine with 30 FPS, as long as it's stable (still, iPod Touch 4 and iPad 1 have better specs than 3DS, so, if it's not at least as smooth as that, it should be possible to get it running just as smooth or better). The response issue has even been fixed for earlier devices, as well. I was also wrong about the scrolling and it's not choppy like I thought. The screen still cuts off a very small part of the table at the very bottom in horizontal mode, though (most annoying on the Wolverine table where you can't see all of the launch meter).

I would like to get a new iPad or iPhone 4S, but it's not an option for everyone, especially since they are both over 500 dollars and iPhone 4S is still not avilable for all phone carriers.

I have an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2 and I notice the framerate drop sometimes, so it's not just older devices.

Quote Originally Posted by GordLacey View Post
    I have an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2 and I notice the framerate drop sometimes, so it's not just older devices.
    To avoid framerte drops on ipad 2 or iPhone 4S make sure you close all running apps first by double tapping the home button and closing all the apps at the bottom. This will eliminate any framerate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I have the iPhone 4 and it seemed fine to me. I always try to reset my phone before I play a game so I don't have issues with it. I will let the team know that some people are having issues playing on the iPhone 4. Thanks for letting me know!
    I rebooted, closed all Apps,heck, i even reinstalled.
    It's just not playable.
    Furthermore i think that every pinball game should run at 60 fps.
    Sacrifice graphics or whatever,pinball should run smooth as butter.
    To say it can't run as smooth on an iPhone as on a console probably has'nt played pinball arcade.indeed people were expecting more of the graphics but at least it plays smoothly.Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlemonjello View Post
    I rebooted, closed all Apps,heck, i even reinstalled.
    It's just not playable.
    Furthermore i think that every pinball game should run at 60 fps.
    Sacrifice graphics or whatever,pinball should run smooth as butter.
    To say it can't run as smooth on an iPhone as on a console probably has'nt played pinball arcade.indeed people were expecting more of the graphics but at least it plays smoothly.Just my 2 cents.
    I have an ipad 1, an A4 device like the iphone 4, and I am on the leader board for this table. I admit it sometimes has drops in framerate, though I can usually manage it unless the ball is already traveling down the flipper when i get the fps drop. I would definitely not call it unplayable. I usually restart my ipad before playing and make sure all other apps are closed. I am not sure how well jailbroken devices work, but i heard many jailbreak tweaks to iOS can use a lot of memory and decrease performance. If anyone uses a jailbroken device i would try restoring your device to factory settings.

If you want a game that runs smoothly at 60 fps then buy it for the console. it is unrealistic to expect that kind of performance from a current iOS device. Hell, most console games don't run at 60 fps. Perhaps the new A6 devices that are coming out might be able to get that type of performance, if it gets a quad core processor. I have all the tables for zen and pinball arcade on my iPad1 and can say that both have drops in framerate. RBION in particular experiences significant drop in fps, even with crappy graphics. So i think it is unfair to say it is only zen that has issues.

I heard that the 3G version of the iPad 1 uses up more memory for some reason. I only have the WiFi one, so I can't confirm this, though.

Default Is Epic Quest even available for iPhone 4?

I have an iPhone 4 and Epic Quest doesn't even appear in the table listing (only Sorcerer's Lain, Thor, Wolverine, and Captain America). Is this now officially NOT available for the iPhone 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 and Epic Quest doesn't even appear in the table listing (only Sorcerer's Lain, Thor, Wolverine, and Captain America). Is this now officially NOT available for the iPhone 4?
    It is still there! Make sure everything is updated, restart and see if that helps. If you still have problems, email me at bobby@zenstudios.com