Thread: Best table to improve multi-ball skills?

Default Best table to improve multi-ball skills?

So I want to actually increase my skill level from doing okay to actually starting to hit some super high scores.

The trouble for me is:

1: I get bored of safe play and enjoy playing modes over just ramp grinding
    and
    2: I am terrible at multi-ball >.>...

Issue no.1 is an easy fix that just requires patience and learning score-paths, issue 2 however is not so simple. I know how to trap 2-3 balls and can do it quite easily, but then I usually choke and lose a ball almost instantly. On two balls I can usually get a couple of good shots at jackpots but the mode ultimately ends quite fast.

So what table do you guys think has the easiest rinse/repeat multi-ball that actually offers a good challenge for practising and improving techniques on?
    Last edited by Lepruk86; 03-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Secrets of the Deep, Fantastic Four, Biolab and X-men. Multiball is easy to activate on these tables, and their outlanes gobble up balls. Use these to work your way up to Spider-Man. Clone Chaos takes a few minutes of prep, but it is an excellent test of multiball ability. Once you've mastered that, graduate to Rome's garrison frenzy.

Avoid Epic Quest and Ghost Rider. Both have outlane bonuses during multiball, so drains are less common. Ghost Rider and Paranormal are also poor choices since they allow for plentiful kickback stacking. Table specific handicaps will stunt your overall progress.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

For me: Epic Quest (1 slot add ball, 1 slot jackpot, 1 slot extra ball/jackpot).
    Ghost Rider (you can choose between 2ball, 3ball or even 4ball for training).
    Rome (Romulus Multiball, very challenging, but very rewarding too).
    I'm not an expert at all, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    So what table do you guys think has the easiest rinse/repeat multi-ball that actually offers a good challenge for practising and improving techniques on?
    well, theyre all the same but a table that has a shot that eats up time. Like the loot shot/forest in EQ, serpent ramp in THOR. That's great with three balls on, coz it gets one out of the way for a bit.

A table that has a jackpot shot that returns to the same flipper. So you trap two balls on the other flipper and go for it with the other.

And remember that three balls can be a curse, two are more manageable. Look up cradle separation and other cool multiball tricks like cradle juggle, newtons cradle for good techniques

But epic quest for a quick restart of the multiball. Every time you defeat a monster you have the chance start multiball
    Last edited by Evolve or die; 03-20-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Secrets of the Deep, Fantastic Four, Biolab and X-men. Multiball is easy to activate on these tables, and their outlanes gobble up balls. Use these to work your way up to Spider-Man. Clone Chaos takes a few minutes of prep, but it is an excellent test of multiball ability. Once you've mastered that, graduate to Rome's garrison frenzy.

Avoid Epic Quest and Ghost Rider. Both have outlane bonuses during multiball, so drains are less common. Ghost Rider and Paranormal are also poor choices since they allow for plentiful kickback stacking. Table specific handicaps will stunt your overall progress.
    I've found that the easier tables HELP develop your multi ball skills very fast, and makes you better on harder tables. DO play Paranormal, Epic Quest, Ghost Rider, and Biolab. Secrets will help too. X- Men will absolutely not help you, it's a very hard table. Rock out on Paranormal or Epic Quest for some hours and your skills will improve in general.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Avoid Epic Quest and Ghost Rider. Both have outlane bonuses during multiball, so drains are less common.
    *shrug*. I think I've gotten way better at multiball playing Epic Quest than on any other table, just because I find it so easy to activate and keep going. It's helped me start improving on the harder tables, as well.

Lightbulb

Exactly. Your skills get sharpened on easier tables.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

I'd also echo Epic Quest and Ghost Rider tables for developing multi-ball skills just as they are much easier to start a multi-ball on.

I personally find it a state of mind. I used to be a flipper flailer when a multiball started but after a while relaxed into knowing that I can make the shots usually, I just needed to make them a bit quicker. It reminds me very much of juggling if you've ever tried that.