Thread: Petition For Another RPG Table

Exclamation Petition For Another RPG Table

If you enjoyed Epic Quest or at least the RPG elements, let Zen know here that we want another RPG style table. This was a very refreshing and nice change of pace for a table. I would love to see more RPG tables.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

I'm a big fan of Epic Quest. I don't want one too similar but another table with RPG elements would be very welcome.

I'd rather every table feel unique...

I also like tables that are whole games in themselves and not things that carry over from game to game.

I wouldn't mind one table with those elements each year, but I'd be turned away if every table started having RPG elements where you have to build up across several games rather than start from 0 every time.
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

This is great! Also, what RPG elements worked the best and what need improving? For example, some people were confused about equipping loot at first, so that (maybe?) needs improving (or just in-game clarification). I know there is a demand for more Zen originals, but what other existing RPGs would you like to see implemented in an RPG table?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    what other existing RPGs would you like to see implemented in an RPG table?
    Gamma World!
    But perhaps Biolab already satisfies most of that need.

[ whoa; I haven't played that one since the 80s, but apparently it's still around, and in its seventh edition! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_World ]

Quote Originally Posted by Lepruk86 View Post
    I'd rather every table feel unique...

I also like tables that are whole games in themselves and not things that carry over from game to game.

I wouldn't mind one table with those elements each year, but I'd be turned away if every table started having RPG elements where you have to build up across several games rather than start from 0 every time.
    I thinks it's pretty cool. The higher level up you the higher the scores, technically.
    Yeah i can see there are many that don't want to play the table consistently just to progress and get higher scores rather than playing a table once to obtain a goal.

As far as the wizard mode. It would have been cool to see a dragon head coming out from the background to let us know we are in wizard mode. I don't recall how many times I got to wizard mode and didn't realize it.

1 play-though the other day I think I hit the cave and was fighting a monster. I didn't hit the sword ramp fast enough and the monster hit me for 3/4 of my life. I was like 'What the heck?" then it dawned on me it was the dragon.

Yes more clarification on equipping items would be useful All in all I think epic quest and to an extent some of the Marvel tables opened up some great ideas for more Zen tables.

I think I found my new addiction. Pinball. Ha. Anyway more news on Zen pinball 2 for the PS3 would be nice. Is it just a revamp or are we going to be able to get some of the the other interesting tables that Xbox owners? I would like ROME and Buccaneer they look like really cool tables.

Thanks for a great product Zen. looking forward to Avegers chronicles and any other table you guys are coming up with. Can't wait.

Did I mention I can't wait? Yeah? Ok I off to play epic quest.

Edit: Also to add, D&D, Diablo and Warcraft are the more recognizable RPG I think. Those would be a good source for RPG themes. As it is, I'm sure licensing costs etc would be to hard to get.

Perhaps some RPG elements you are able to be certain classes? Very similar to the new Avengers table. Where each ball has different effects. From what I hear Hulk ball would yield higher scores from bumpers. Hawkeye on accuracy scores etc. Maybe there is some way you can implement that as a class based table? Just an idea of course.

Can't wait for more tables. Wait....... I said that already.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 03-23-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Thumbs up

Maybe some in game clarification about how to level up that benefits yours score the most. I love the idea of building your self up from game to game. It gives a more satisfying feeling of playing the same game over and over, for a reason. Also, Zen really needs to figure out how to get an expansive unfolding table going, that's what some friends of mine thought would happen with Epic Quest. You know, you play one stage, then the table changes dramatically some how; we are dealing with video game pinball, why not take advantage and do something mindblowing like that on at least one table? The table would keep keep changing and evolving to a point of course. Something like this would work amazing with Bethesda's two best RPG franchises, Elder Scrolls and Fall Out. Now if Zen struck up a deal with Bethesda there would truly be an epic quest, pun intended.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 03-23-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I thinks it's pretty cool. The higher level up you the higher the scores, technically.
    Yeah i can see there are many that don't want to play the table consistently just to progress and get higher scores rather than playing a table once to obtain a goal.

As far as the wizard mode. It would have been cool to see a dragon head coming out from the background to let us know we are in wizard mode. I don't recall how many times I got to wizard mode and didn't realize it.

1 play-though the other day I think I hit the cave and was fighting a monster. I didn't hit the sword ramp fast enough and the monster hit me for 3/4 of my life. I was like 'What the heck?" then it dawned on me it was the dragon.

Yes more clarification on equipping items would be useful All in all I think epic quest and to an extent some of the Marvel tables opened up some great ideas for more Zen tables.

I think I found my new addiction. Pinball. Ha. Anyway more news on Zen pinball 2 for the PS3 would be nice. Is it just a revamp or are we going to be able to get some of the the other interesting tables that Xbox owners? I would like ROME and Buccaneer they look like really cool tables.

Thanks for a great product Zen. looking forward to Avegers chronicles and any other table you guys are coming up with. Can't wait.

Did I mention I can't wait? Yeah? Ok I off to play epic quest.

Edit: Also to add, D&D, Diablo and Warcraft are the more recognizable RPG I think. Those would be a good source for RPG themes. As it is, I'm sure licensing costs etc would be to hard to get.

Perhaps some RPG elements you are able to be certain classes? Very similar to the new Avengers table. Where each ball has different effects. From what I hear Hulk ball would yield higher scores from bumpers. Hawkeye on accuracy scores etc. Maybe there is some way you can implement that as a class based table? Just an idea of course.

Can't wait for more tables. Wait....... I said that already.
    See I really like games that are single in themselves. I haven't played Epic Quest yet, but I certainly got fed up with Spiderman for example and the way that you are at a disadvantage playing the table if you don't spend as much time on it.

Don't get me wrong, variety is definitely good and I certainly would be happy with another 1-2 RPG-ish tables as long as it doesn't become a gimmick of every table.

As I said, you want each table to feel unique, one of the issues people are having with the Marvel tables is that they are starting to feel *samey*; we wouldn't want the same situation repeated for RPG-style tables now would we?
    My Youtube channel I have started, Playthroughs, game chatter - that sort of thing

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDpP...el_video_title

Maybe a table where you collect money as you play, and the money builds up from game to game, and you can use your money in a store to buy temporary things like kickbacks, ball saves, and extra balls, or permanent upgrades like leveling up ramps so you get more points from them, or balls with special powers. With the emphasis on money, maybe it could have a Monopoly-esque economic theme or something.

I'd love to see something involving Tales or MegaTen, but any JRPGs not involving Square are probably off the table.

I'd love to see some way of spending experience gained to alter your character/table in some way, maybe upgrading bumpers or ramps. Some way to go toward each players table being unique.

One thing I had hoped to see with EQ was different versions of Max, sadly this wasn't really the case. There only seems to be 3 or 4 variation of armour, helmet and weapon and these don't make a difference to the game play. Don,t get me wrong I love EQ, but apart from your level carrying onto your next play, it mechanically doesn't feel anymore RPGish than Spiderman.

Only if the theme is Steampunk, Cyberpunk or Dark Ages.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Only if the theme is Steampunk, Cyberpunk or Dark Ages.
    I agree on cyberpunk. An RPG table based on Blade Runner, Shadowrun, or Deus Ex would be cool.

yes more like this please , i love D&D so if i could choose my character that would be amazing and distribut str dex int wis con cha , also i would like it to be darker more serious although epic quest is good n funny also in epic quest i find selling and acquiring items a bit confusing it would be good if you could open up a menu and select equip or sell , also it would be cool if zen added more cutscenes like in begining of moonknight
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

A Battletech theme might work as well. For loot or money you could get better mechs. Better Mechs could mean that you have more "hardpoints" to equip items, like weapons.

An integral part of the table could be to go to your garage to outfit your Mech for the upcoming missions, with different missions being easier, if you have the right weapons etc. equipped.

And -to shamelessly repeat myself from the suggestion thread- the Legends of the five rings theme could be awesome for an rpg table as well. Fantasy Samurai clans fighting against demons and amongst each other? Yes please!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    yes more like this please , i love D&D so if i could choose my character that would be amazing and distribut str dex int wis con cha , also i would like it to be darker more serious although epic quest is good n funny also in epic quest i find selling and acquiring items a bit confusing it would be good if you could open up a menu and select equip or sell , also it would be cool if zen added more cutscenes like in begining of moonknight
    I agree, more cut scenes!! They don't just have to be on the comic book tables. But hopefully the new Marvel pack has some too!!!

I definitely would like to see more RPG tables, I made a few suggestions in the "New Table Ideas" thread, but I'll repost some here:

Chrono Trigger
    Lost Odyssey
    Final Fantasy (IV, VI, VII, X, XII or XIII)
    Phantasy Star (II or IV)
    .hack//SIGN or ROOTS (I know those 2 are Animes, not games, but they're based off of games.)
    Warcraft
    Legend of Zelda (WindWaker/Skyward sword Link. And no exclusive to Nintendo crap. Pinball FX for life!)
    Dragon Quest (American version: Dragon Warrior)
    Secret of Mana
    Lufia (Fortress of Doom/Rise of the Sinistrals)
    Breath of Fire
    Lunar (Silver Star/Eternal Blue)
    Fire Emblem
    Golden Sun
    Shining Force
    Disgaea

Just a few to get you started.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)
    IG (6-24-12) PvZ (1-7-13) ESB (2-27-13) CivilWar (6-22-13) BF (7-2-13)

Default Original IP

What I like to see from RPG elements like those in Epic Quest is that even if I didn't beat my high score or even if I genuinely played a bad game, it still helps to tally toward SOMETHING... be it money, and XP count, or any other arbitrary number. I would like the elements to stay fair... ie no big points for someone who's lvl 40 over someone just starting out.

But please, like Epic, let it be your OWN. No big name IPs, I'm not buying your tables because of who you're partnered with, I buy them because YOU guys make good tables. (ok, accept the marvel tables, but that's another story). Just put elements in YOUR OWN tables that give me incentive to keep going past losing my first ball at 12,000 points.

Thumbs up

Exactly, with a RPG table that drive to move forward is always there.

I love Epic Quest.... maybe there should be an easy to read menu that explains your level and stats to make it clear how to upgrade. I still don't understand which equipment I should be buying etc...
    I definitely could go for a couple more RPG style tables!

Quote Originally Posted by jibblypop View Post
    I love Epic Quest.... maybe there should be an easy to read menu that explains your level and stats to make it clear how to upgrade. I still don't understand which equipment I should be buying etc...
    I definitely could go for a couple more RPG style tables!
    Jib, you may have not noticed, but trapping a ball and holding both flippers will bring up a status report (like most tables)... if you watch it long enough it will tell you what your stats are (hp and damage base score based on your level) and then list your equipment and the additional a bonus from each. When you get LOOT, DON'T press A!!! I used to do that a lot, get impatient and wail on 'A', and I've lost good loot that way. When the camera zooms to your charater flip the flippers back and forth to see your current gear vs. the piece you just got. Keep it on the piece that has the highest numerical value and then tap 'A'.

I think one fault with Epic Quest is that the leveling process is a little too slow. I'm a hardcore player so I was going to eventually reach level 100 no matter how long it took. I don't know exactly how long it took me but it was over 24 hours played. And I'm a good enough player that I almost always win my monster fights. Someone that struggles is going to find that the XP rolls in really slow. It doesn't seem fair to have such a huge scoring bonus for the jackpots be practically out of reach for so many players.

But I do like leveling up. I just think it needs to be tweaked either by making the bonus less or the leveling process go faster. It certainly gives the table an incentive to play beyond simply beating your high score.

To go slightly off-topic from Epic Quest, I really like the shop in Blade. It would certainly be an interesting idea to implement some sort of currency system in a RPG type table that actually carries over from game to game. You could build up a lot of money over several games and then spend it all in one game where you try for a really high score.

Agreed.. I love the idea and creativity this time around, but the leveling process could probably be shortened by about 50%. The levelling is a fun feeling of progress as you learn the table and try to beat the wizard mode, so your failed games still move you ahead. But after everything is beat and you're going for a high score, there's currently about 15-20 hours of slogging it out doing XP grinding before you can really try for your "real" high score. The addictiveness of a pinball table is that feeling that any game can be *THE* big score game, but the XP grind in the middle removes that, and you're playing a bunch of dull games where you don't care much about the score because you're still trying to get the table to the maxed out point.

... and thus the struggle that every MMO dev has had to deal with. How do you get people who will grind on a game for days straight (or in PS's case, just be really really good at the game) to level at an acceptable rate compared with casual gamers (or those of us who just aren't very 'lite).
    It boils down to both players feeling rewarded for the time spent, and I can't imagine how hard it is to balance. In WoW they practically give away levels now-a-days so that everyone can feel more equal, but to the old-schooler who earned his/her levels the question is "If I spent 100% more time doing this shouldn't I be ahead?"
    This is why I like the idea of cosmetic/vanity rewards for time spent; for example, an Epic Quest type set-up but way more models for loot rewards so that you really look like more of a bad-a__. This way, even if you weren't getting higher scores for the accumulated xp-reward, you'd still be able to notice your earnings and time invested everytime you started a game.

... don't know tho, it's a hard thing to balance yo...

One thing about Epic Quest pinball, however, is that any game still could be your "best ever", even if you're not levelled up fully -- it's just more of a "long shot".
    I think this fits in very well with the idea of an "Epic Quest" (hobbits, anyone?)

I was showing EQ to a friend the other day, and unintentionally started a game under her profile at level 1; even not playing very seriously, I still got a score well over 100M (whereas my current high score, achieved at level 68, is 366M).

Thumbs up

Exactly bc. On a table like EQ you always have more of a chance because of the huge jackpots that you accumulate and eventually use game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post

... at level 1; even not playing very seriously, I still got a score well over 100M (whereas my current high score, achieved at level 68, is 366M).
    I feel Epic Quest is actually a good balance. I never before even realized there was any bonus to higher levels; I just thought higher level meant better hp/damage when fighting.
    My current high, 336M, I got at only lvl 27 . Also, as for the 'too-many-extra-balls issue some have, that high score was reached with only ONE extra ball (I kept screwing up my princess multi).

Quote Originally Posted by CrocNRoll View Post
    Maybe a table where you collect money as you play, and the money builds up from game to game, and you can use your money in a store to buy temporary things like kickbacks, ball saves, and extra balls, or permanent upgrades like leveling up ramps so you get more points from them, or balls with special powers. With the emphasis on money, maybe it could have a Monopoly-esque economic theme or something.
    I like this idea. Casino theme or whatever... just give me some money to play for that can be used for anything (pink fluffy rabbits or whatever).

Default Money: it's what I want

Yeah, I dig the money idea.
    Gives a whole new meaning to the Billionaire's Club!

Although a new RPG would be cool (GuildWars2, TERA, Assassins Creed 3, etc);
    I think a shooter (FPS) theme like Halo4, Gears of War, Call of Duty style table with upgradable guns, and perhaps power events like bombing runs and attack helicopters could be a heck of a lot o fun.
    Perhaps a bombing run could shake the table like the Space Shuttle does in MARS.

Tribes Ascend anyone?!

Quote Originally Posted by FIREBALL View Post
    Perhaps a bombing run could shake the table like the Space Shuttle does in MARS.
    Oh god I hope not. If there's one thing on a pinball table that I hate more than anything, its random shaking of the table messing with my table mojo. This is the main reason I have yet to complete Wizard Mode on Fantastic Four or Mars. I love the themes and layouts of the tables. But Ben Grimm on FF and the stupid shuttle on Mars forcing my ball out of the Outlane (when it clearly wasn't even headed that way to begin with) all the time really gets my blood boiling. If Zen starts implementing this on more and more tables, I may just quit buying their tables all together. When I get into a good game I don't want random shakes that I have no control over screwing my game up, bottom line.

*EDIT* This goes for Epic Quest also, but not the same extreme. It annoys me when I "get hit" by a monster and the table shakes, but I normally don't lose my ball over it like I do often on FF and Mars.

That being said, I love the ideas from Avengers Chronicles that "bend the rules" of pinball to add a bit more flare to the tables. Some of the things you guys are implementing on those tables sound fantastic, but at the same time, some people just like regular old pinball. Don't forget what brought you to the dance. Innovative ideas to bring in more customers is fine. But you don't want to lose fans that have been around for years just to attract the younger crowd. Cater to both, not one or the other.

Just the fact that you advertised Avengers Chronicles as what it is, pinball with a twist, shows me your taking steps in the right direction. You're not just trying to lure in true blue pinball fans with flashy themes then throwing crazy twists in their face like some games do. As long as you keep this direction (being up front about what your product is) and keep giving me the "true" pinball in the process, I'll be a loyal fan for life. Just don't totally forget about "basic pinball" in your adventures to innovate the genre, that's all I'm truly asking. That and don't add silly achievements for all the silly modes you plan on adding to PFX3. Keep the current formula for achievements. Its simple, easy yet challenging and clean. You start throwing "go 6 hours on Buccaneer in Marathon Mode" in there and silly things like that and its ruined. Keep the basics in mind. *END EDIT*
    Last edited by E113; 04-01-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    Wizard Modes Completed: Buccaneer (1-6-11) SotD (1-20-11) Agents (1-24-11) Biolab (3-31-11) MSM (10-8-11) SL (10-12-11)
    Paranormal (10-26-11) S-M (11-13-11) MK (12-15-11) X-Men (12-19-11) GR (1-15-12) CA (1-17-12) EQ (2-16-12) Rome (3-11-12)
    Pasha (3-12-12) NM (3-28-12) Extreme (5-16-12) Thor (5-22-12) SM (5-26-12) WWH (6-21-12) FF (6-22-12) Blade (6-23-12)

Exclamation Annoying parts of pinball

Quote Originally Posted by E113 View Post
    Oh god I hope not. If there's one thing on a pinball table that I hate more than anything, its random shaking of the table messing with my table mojo. This is the main reason I have yet to complete Wizard Mode on Fantastic Four or Mars. I love the themes and layouts of the tables. But Ben Grimm on FF and the stupid shuttle on Mars forcing my ball out of the Outlane (when it clearly wasn't even headed that way to begin with) all the time really gets my blood boiling. If Zen starts implementing this on more and more tables, I may just quit buying their tables all together. When I get into a good game I don't want random shakes that I have no control over screwing my game up, bottom line.

*EDIT* This goes for Epic Quest also, but not the same extreme. It annoys me when I "get hit" by a monster and the table shakes, but I normally don't lose my ball over it like I do often on FF and Mars.

That being said, I love the ideas from Avengers Chronicles that "bend the rules" of pinball to add a bit more flare to the tables. Some of the things you guys are implementing on those tables sound fantastic, but at the same time, some people just like regular old pinball. Don't forget what brought you to the dance. Innovative ideas to bring in more customers is fine. But you don't want to lose fans that have been around for years just to attract the younger crowd. Cater to both, not one or the other.

Just the fact that you advertised Avengers Chronicles as what it is, pinball with a twist, shows me your taking steps in the right direction. You're not just trying to lure in true blue pinball fans with flashy themes then throwing crazy twists in their face like some games do. As long as you keep this direction (being up front about what your product is) and keep giving me the "true" pinball in the process, I'll be a loyal fan for life. Just don't totally forget about "basic pinball" in your adventures to innovate the genre, that's all I'm truly asking. That and don't add silly achievements for all the silly modes you plan on adding to PFX3. Keep the current formula for achievements. Its simple, easy yet challenging and clean. You start throwing "go 6 hours on Buccaneer in Marathon Mode" in there and silly things like that and its ruined. Keep the basics in mind. *END EDIT*
    Man you should play real pinball, where it looks like it's going in the inlane but just goes out the outlane, but as you play longer and get more experienced in pinball you can play better and stop outlanes from happening, which, for me is part of the pinball experience, this happens less with zen's pinball, (wether it's the physics or they have done it purposly I do not know) which allows a more fun experience and for you to increase your pinball skill.
    But I do know what you mean, just try to get better, the more you hit it to the right places the more fun you have and the less chance comes into it, play well and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Pent View Post
    Man you should play real pinball, where it looks like it's going in the inlane but just goes out the outlane, but as you play longer and get more experienced in pinball you can play better and stop outlanes from happening, which, for me is part of the pinball experience, this happens less with zen's pinball, (wether it's the physics or they have done it purposly I do not know) which allows a more fun experience and for you to increase your pinball skill.
    But I do know what you mean, just try to get better, the more you hit it to the right places the more fun you have and the less chance comes into it, play well and have fun
    You may have missed the gist of what E113 was saying. I completely agree with E113 on the Ben Grimm table shake. Mars is Mars, the shake is annoying at times but I've never outlaned because of it. But on FF the kickback is annoying to get (no not impossible or overly hard, but setting up ten lamps is annoying) and I've had many a ball that were going to be free and clear (ie. NOT headed that way) only to be shaken into the outlane by Ben's stomp. I mean, it almost seems like his stomp is timed to occur when the ball is headed toward the bottom.

I know what you're saying about real tables, practice hones the skill so that there are fewer wild shots which lead to outlanes; but I can do without the shaking on some tables. tbh, I kind of like it on Epic Quest, as I've never had it hurt me and its kinda cool to get the feedback that you've been hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    You may have missed the gist of what E113 was saying. I completely agree with E113 on the Ben Grimm table shake. Mars is Mars, the shake is annoying at times but I've never outlaned because of it. But on FF the kickback is annoying to get (no not impossible or overly hard, but setting up ten lamps is annoying) and I've had many a ball that were going to be free and clear (ie. NOT headed that way) only to be shaken into the outlane by Ben's stomp. I mean, it almost seems like his stomp is timed to occur when the ball is headed toward the bottom.

I know what you're saying about real tables, practice hones the skill so that there are fewer wild shots which lead to outlanes; but I can do without the shaking on some tables. tbh, I kind of like it on Epic Quest, as I've never had it hurt me and its kinda cool to get the feedback that you've been hit.
    You hit the nail on the head in terms of what I meant for Fantastic Four. I guess the Mars shake is a bit more annoying than dangerous. As for Epic Quest, as I stated above, I've never lost a ball because of it, it just annoys me at times. When I'm lining up my shot for the Sword Ramp/Smash Target and I'm not paying attention to the Dot Matrix Display, then get hit and it ruins the shot. And it is "user error" if you want to it that way, because its me not paying attention to the Dot Matrix Display. Again, not so dangerous just annoying at times. But as you stated, it does give you a clear cut "you've been hit" notification (the table shake). So the "you've been hit" shake doesn't bother me as much as Ben Grimm's stomp.

Some randomish thoughts:

The Epic Quest "you've been hit" shake doesn't bother me, because it feels "right" -- being hit jars you and may cause you to make further errors.

With Fantastic Four, Ben Grimm is supposed to be "on your side" but his stomp can cause you to screw up... so I like it because it's even MORE realistic

The one I find most annoying is Mars, and it's made worse by the shuttle partially obscuring the view. It doesn't usually cause me to drop the ball though.

No one has mentioned Earth Defense yet...

In general, I prefer event-based table shakes to levitating/antigravity balls. This is probably because I tend to prefer elements that could be conceivably implemented on an electro-mechanical* table.

*edit: though for a steampunk table, I'd love to see a simulation that appeared to be steam-powered.
    Last edited by bclewis; 04-03-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bclewis View Post
    In general, I prefer event-based table shakes to levitating/antigravity balls.
    This statement alone made me want to edit my previous statement. Random table shakes would have to be bumped to the second most annoying thing for me on a table. Somehow I totally forgot about the totally uncalled-for levitating ball incidents. The one that comes to mind most prominently at the moment are the Anti-Gravity Multiball in Mars. Probably forgot about it because the Pyramid mission made me give up on that table long ago. Luck based missions just get me aggravated sometimes, so I turn off that table instead of ending up hating the table in general due to that mission. Eventually I suppose I will beat Mars. But lately I've just had no desire to play the Pyramid mission.

Talking

Table shaking events occur at predicable times and therefore an appropriate response can be planned.

Negative comments prove that shaking is one challenging aspect of the few tables on which it occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by FIREBALL View Post
    Table shaking events occur at predicable times and therefore an appropriate response can be planned.
    I tend to agree with this, at least on the tables mentioned. On Mars for instance, I'm almost always able to trap the ball before the shuttle takes off (annoyingly, right into my face).

Negative comments prove that shaking is one challenging aspect of the few tables on which it occurs.
    I don't think this is necessarily the case. "Challenging" is not the same as "annoying"; and furthermore, not all challenges are fun or interesting.

You could similarly argue that the "too easy" tables that better players complain about are challenging because it's hard to stay focused on a single pinball game for 3 days straight -- but that's not the kind of challenge I want

[QUOTE=E113;24199..... Somehow I totally forgot about the totally uncalled-for levitating ball incidents. The one that comes to mind most prominently at the moment are the Anti-Gravity Multiball in Mars.. ..[/QUOTE]

Lol @ anti-gravity multiball

I remember the first time it happened and I was all like "Wow! Cool!" and then the balls started drifting off the table and I was all like " "
    It is one of the few times in pinball when I actually grimace at the sight of a multiball beginning.

Exclamation

God I wish they would stop with the gravity multi balls already. Everyone I lknow (top video and real life pinball players in the world) hates them.

I think instead of leveling up a character, or getting things like item shops, or stuff that is out of the scope of pinball, maybe the table itself could level up, and everything could be reset each new session.

So you still get experience points, but it's confined to one session.

I'm thinking along the lines of something like Castlevania 2, where at a certain point, the game stops and writes "What a horrible night to have a curse", and then the whole palette changes, and everything gets much more dangerous.

It could be Van Hellsing or Harker themed. You grind on lower level monsters until you level up the table, and the dead start to rise from their graves (like the hand guys rise in the Wolverine table), and then level up to a full moon and the table goes dark blue, a moon piece lifts up, and you use an earned silver weapon to fight the Wolfman. Then you level up and fight a Dracula, on a red table.

Maybe after you beat Dracula, the moon goes down, a sun comes up, and you are in the victory phase, where it's all sunny/yellow themed, and the bards are singing your praises.

The table could morph with pieces rising or lowering, and go from a graveyard to a forest, to dracula's castle. Maybe have a Harker character on the board that fights like Thor or Wolvering, with equipable gear as well, but he should reset between sessions as well.

Just a random thought.
    Happy Zen Pinball Android Customer
    ASUS Transformer TF101