Thread: Eshop update

Default Eshop update

I was wondering if today's update that now lets games get patched is what we were needing for the dlc tables to come out?

I'm not sure if today's update was what we needed or not, but I will be sure to spread the news as soon as we release anything on 3DS

@op
    its not just an update for the eshop, system update 4.0.0-7 lets RETAIL games get patched (as in, mario kart 7) ( http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update )

and from the change-log from Pong20302000 on GBATemp...

http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firm...lation-thread/

Quote Originally Posted by system_update
    Ability to access Nintendo eShop account from other Internet enabled devices and smartphones Including computers.
    This system allow users to take Will pictures of QR codes from the 3DS With The device's screen to other redeem Purchased content.
    Ability to update via physical Games Nintendo Nintendo 3DS eShop (DLC feature)
    A "Game Preview" Mode for the Nintendo 3DS system Nintendo Shop.
    Folders on the home menu (60 items per folder)
    Nintendo Zone on EUR 3DS's that current do not have the update
    Game patches (Mario Kart 7 will be patched)
    Enhances the speed of the handheld.
    Increases the system security with automatic security updates.
    Fixed uploading of photos to Facebook; recent Facebook updates had broken this functionality
    so yes, this is the update we have been waiting for
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 04-27-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Drug references

Yes... YES... *starts cramming twenty dollar bills into his 3DS* Let the DLC come in avalanche-like heaps!

...actually, so long as Nintendo has given the OK to DLC distribution, THAT'S the 'what we're waiting for' thing. 'Patching a game' is very different from the economic component of 'having a system set up by which money may be exchanged for additional components to an already existing game.'

Although I know that system is currently up and running in Japan's eShop, as they've been doing DLC for Theatrhythm and Fire Emblem: Awakening for the last month, I'm unsure if America's (and Europe's) eShop has that capability... although given that last big overhaul of the eShop I'd assume SOME functionality was added...

Quote Originally Posted by AlgusUnderdunk View Post
    'having a system set up by which money may be exchanged for additional components to an already existing game.'
    Ability to update via Nintendo 3DS eShop (DLC feature)

it has a DLC feature now O_o

Quote Originally Posted by seaking177 View Post
    Ability to update via Nintendo 3DS eShop (DLC feature)

it has a DLC feature now O_o
    Great news!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

At least now the Nintendo 3DS will have Tables added via DLC.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Ah, well then, ahem. *Flails like Kermit* YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Please! Give us a release date!!! I want DLC's so much!!!

Or at least let us know which tables you have planned? Y'know, to make the wait easier (or possibly harder actually)...

http://gbatemp.net/t326965-mario-kart-7-patch-is-up

mario kart 7 patch is up. when it is downloaded onto someones 3DS it goes onto the "Add-on content" part of the 3DS data management thing.

so, now DLC HAS been released (in the US and EU). so, NOW it is possible to release DLC .

http://gbatemp.net/t326965-mario-kart-7-patch-is-up

mario kart 7 patch is up. when it is downloaded onto someones 3DS it goes onto the "Add-on content" part of the 3DS data management thing.

so, now DLC HAS been released (in the US and EU). so, NOW it is possible to release DLC .
    Pretty much, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. Just because they've finished setting up the system, and have released their own stuff doesn't mean they are willing to allow third parties to sell DLC yet. So this doesn't mean we'll be getting tables really soon. We should just wait until we get an actual announcement before we start getting really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    Pretty much, but this is Nintendo we're talking about. Just because they've finished setting up the system, and have released their own stuff doesn't mean they are willing to allow third parties to sell DLC yet. So this doesn't mean we'll be getting tables really soon. We should just wait until we get an actual announcement before we start getting really excited.
    i never said that this meant that they will let 3ed/2nd parties release DLC :P.

so, NOW it is possible to release DLC .
    meaning, the system is now 100% ready for DLC, not that Nintendo has allowed DLC for 3ed parties :P.

i never said that this meant that they will let 3ed/2nd parties release DLC :P.
    Calm down. I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was just making sure no one started expecting tables to appear on the eShop tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    I was wondering if today's update that now lets games get patched is what we were needing for the dlc tables to come out?
    The eshop update today May 24th 2012 is adding DLC to Mighty Switch Force from the developer WayForward. So I guess it means we might be seeing DLC for Zen Pinball soon enough. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post
    The eshop update today May 24th 2012 is adding DLC to Mighty Switch Force from the developer WayForward. So I guess it means we might be seeing DLC for Zen Pinball soon enough. I can't wait!
    Technically, that's just an updated version of the game that happens to contain 5 extra levels. Since we you go to update the game, unlike DLC, you will re-download it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodix View Post
    Technically, that's just an updated version of the game that happens to contain 5 extra levels. Since we you go to update the game, unlike DLC, you will re-download it all.
    Yeah, it's just an updated version of the game with more content built in, not separate DLC. The only thing we've had here so far that's close to DLC is the Mario Kart update. In Japan tyhey've had a few games with DLC for a while.