X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • surf1der
    Pinball Wizard
    • Jan 2012

Capt America bugs?

"After a certain number of hits to those Bumpers you see that you a gaining Letters which eventually spell out words „SOLDIER‟, „SYMBOL‟, „SAVIOR‟,
    „FRIEND‟.

This was taken from the table guide. Is every bumper hit supposed to spell a letter. I get multiple bumper hits that don't seem to register. Or does it have to hit all bumpers to spell out a single letter? Furthermore, it is almost impossible to know when the supply drop indicator is going to light up. It seems to light up at random times, not after spelling out a word. In fact when you spell one of the above words, nothing happens. I assumed the red indicator light would start flashing but it doesn't. Because it lights randomly, I am sure sometimes I completely miss it and other times I notice it flashing late and only have a second or two to make a shot into the sinkhole. Because of the randomness, I think I have only done the supply drop once or twice.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but after completing the skillshot if you make an immediate right ramp shot it will not count towards "saving bucky". It seems to take 3-5 second after completing the skillshot before saving bucky is activated. This is annoying if you make a great initial flipper shot on the right ramp.
  • ShoryukenToTheChin
    Writer of Guides
    • Apr 2011

The Guide does explain how to do this correctly, I did test it when I produced the Guide but I myself find getting the Supply Drop more luck based imo. Regarding the Skillshot then Bucky that should acquire him, so perhaps might be a bug. I game on PFX2 on 360 so cant speak for iOS.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 05-03-2012, 01:25 AM.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• shogun00
      Pinball Wizard
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
      The Guide does explain how to do this correctly, I did test it so perhaps might be a bug. I game on PFX2 on 360 so cant speak for iOS.
      I tested it out three times on the PS3 version and it triggered each time. It's possible that Supply Drop is tied to a timer and the bumpers just accelerates the timer.

Sort of like Earth Defense and its Invasion Mode. You can accelerate the timer by hitting the captured ball.
      Last edited by shogun00; 05-03-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• surf1der
        Pinball Wizard
        • Jan 2012

"Supply Drop this mode is activated by hitting the Bumpers which are
        just inside the entrance to the Left Orbit (3). After a certain number of
        hits to those Bumpers you see that you a gaining Letters which
        eventually spell out words „SOLDIER‟, „SYMBOL‟, „SAVIOR‟,
        „FRIEND‟. After that you get a 10,000 points bonus every time you hit
        the bumpers. When you successfully light one word – the Red Plane icon
        will light up this can be seen just above the Howling Commandos
        Sinkhole (5). You then have about 10 Seconds to hit that; to access that‟s
        just hit the Howling Commandos Sinkhole (5)."

I can confirm, on the iOS platform (ipad 1) running the most current version of the game, that successfully lighting a word does not light the Red Plane icon. I have seen the red plane icon light up randomly before spelling out a complete word, after spelling out a complete word, and after spelling out a complete word and part of another word. So it seems that at least on the iOS platform, the the red plane icon lights randomly.

I have noticed early in the game it lights up very briefly, maybe 3 seconds. However, later in the game it lights up for a longer duration maybe 8-10 seconds. It may be that spelling out words increases the duration the light is lit, but I would need to test this further to be sure. I still do not know exactly how bumper hits score letters. Sometimes hitting bumpers scores me a bunch letters, other times it doesn't score me any.

Also, a couple of times I have nailed the sink hole while the red plane icon was lit but it did not start the supply drop minigame. It may be that the timer just barely expired right before I hit the hole, but I can't be sure.

As for the "Save Bucky" super skillshot, I believe that you cannot save him until it is lit on the dmd along with the point countdown. If you make a right ramp shot very quickly after making the skill shot, so that it still says "skill shot" on the dmd, you will not save bucky.

Comment

• surf1der
          Pinball Wizard
          • Jan 2012

The more i play this table the more bugs i find. Anyone else have issues with balls repeatedly falling through the habitrails, particularly the one that leads to the right flipper?

Comment

• shogun00
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by surf1der
            The more i play this table the more bugs i find. Anyone else have issues with balls repeatedly falling through the habitrails, particularly the one that leads to the right flipper?
            Oh yeah! It's the same across all versions (PS3 and 360).

Comment

• surf1der
              Pinball Wizard
              • Jan 2012

That sucks. I was just on the death ray mission and twice i shot it up the right ramp and twice it fell out of the habitrail failing to register the shot. The second time it took a quick bounce off the right slingshot and center drained.

I like the overall look of the table and the rule sets. But these bugs are making it very difficult for me to reach the wizard mode on this table.

Comment

• surf1der
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jan 2012

Next bug, this one really sucks. After spelling out assault and starting the castle minigame, it is impossible to hit the 3rd target from the top on the right side. Also, i believe this is a timed objective to get all the targets but for me the game got stuck in this mission and because i could not activate the target i had no other choice but to drain the ball. Unfortunately it was my last ball and the game ended.

Comment

• surf1der
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Jan 2012

The assault mode bug happened again and i was one mission away from starting the wizard mode. This bug really needs fixing. Once you start the assault/castle minigame, it gets stuck in that mode until you drain the ball (i.e. you can't start any missions). Next time i'll see if letting the the point counter run down to 0 will end this crappy mode.

Comment

• surf1der
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Jan 2012

Time to add yet another bug to bug-ridden table. Let's create a list.

1) Pinballs flying out of the habitrail that leads to the right inlane.
                    2) A quick shot up the right ramp after the skillshot will not "save bucky."
                    3) Occasionally, a shooting the left sinkhole while the red light is flashing will fail to start the supply drop mini game.
                    4) During the castle mini game, the third target from the top on the right side usually fails to register a hit. During the "assault" mode, this results in the inability to start any other mission until you drain the ball because it is impossible to complete the mission and the timer on this mission freezes if you actually shoot it up the left ramp after spelling "assault". During the resistance mission, the difficulty in hitting this target often results in a failed mission and extreme difficulty to ever reach the wizard mode.
                    5) Just found this game-breaking bug. During the adhesive x mission, the right ramp remained up exposing the sinkhole. No matter how many times i shot the ball into this sinkhole the ramp would not lower so it was impossible to destroy the middle cannister. The ramp would lower after the timer expired. However after restarting the adhesive x mission, the right ramp would immediately raise up so it became impossible to complete this mission.

Comment

• Richard de s
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by surf1der
                      Time to add yet another bug to bug-ridden table. Let's create a list.

1) Pinballs flying out of the habitrail that leads to the right inlane.
                      2) A quick shot up the right ramp after the skillshot will not "save bucky."
                      3) Occasionally, a shooting the left sinkhole while the red light is flashing will fail to start the supply drop mini game.
                      4) During the castle mini game, the third target from the top on the right side usually fails to register a hit. During the "assault" mode, this results in the inability to start any other mission until you drain the ball because it is impossible to complete the mission and the timer on this mission freezes if you actually shoot it up the left ramp after spelling "assault". During the resistance mission, the difficulty in hitting this target often results in a failed mission and extreme difficulty to ever reach the wizard mode.
                      5) Just found this game-breaking bug. During the adhesive x mission, the right ramp remained up exposing the sinkhole. No matter how many times i shot the ball into this sinkhole the ramp would not lower so it was impossible to destroy the middle cannister. The ramp would lower after the timer expired. However after restarting the adhesive x mission, the right ramp would immediately raise up so it became impossible to complete this mission.

Same bugs here

Comment

• maink
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Dec 2011

i ran into the adhesive x bug , i think it actvares when you do the mission real fast like hit all kinds of combos the last ramp i hit before the bug was the red skull ramp then the ramp became stuck i hit about 5 times then i past the mission.

for bucky skillshot yea happens a lot to me too
                        i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Comment

Working...