Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReviewZoneHD
    • Jun 2012

Top 20 Zen Studios Pinball Tables (PS3)

I did a video today for the top 20 tables that zen studios have released for the playstation 3, including all the DLC tables for both zen and marvel pinball, just wanted to share it with this forum for those interested. I have covered every release of dlc for both games on my channel

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks
    ~zer0
    Last edited by ReviewZoneHD; 06-08-2012, 07:25 PM.
  • snakeman07
    Banned
    • Jan 2012

Nice vid, dude. I've watched your videos before, they give me a good look at the tables.

Comment

• tenorhero
      • Mar 2012

Nice I recall watching your vid review on some tables that I wasn't thinking of buying. Everyone has their own opinion on each table most of you reviews were unbiased aside from the tables that have your favorite color.

Well I know we don't want another Top Zen pinball tables thread I think I will add my favorites.

1. Epic Quest - Charm, Simplistic, visually engaging.
      2. Thor - Challenging, Loved the table design
      3. X-men - Very deep table once you understand the rules. Lots of multi-ball modes
      4. Fantastic Four - My favorite table before I got V&V and Zen pinball. Mission are fun and varied, Wizard mode is definitely no small feat.
      5. Sorcerer's lair - very fun and varied missions ( lots I might add) can't wait to play in the new engine.
      6. Moon Knight Didn't know the lore but didn't matter as it is a well designed table.
      7. Captain America - Love the theme Simple missions
      8. Iron Man My favorite of the core Marvel tables. I like the difficulty and how accurate your shots need to be.
      9. MARS- I think this table is challenging with the need for accurate shots, Which I love.
      10. El Dorado - wasn't impressed with the core tables from Zen but again after getting used the rule set The mission were fun and challenging at the same time.
      11. Tesla another table where you need to know the rule set and how missions are actibated to appreciat the table. Can't wait for the new engine to play it.
      12. Paranormal - Although the front area is to constrained it is fun to do the missions. The levition ball is so much fun and the Haunted House Shots challenging.
      13. Excalibur - Love the theme table is very difficult to start missions (Which isn't a bad thing) I guess with most of the older Zen tables it's another one that I will play once the new engine comes in play.
      14. Earth Defense - Like the Attack From Mars theme. Difficult mission. (again not a bad thing) Anxiously awaiting ZP2 engine.
      15. Wolverine - /This table didn't grab me that much.
      16. Spider Man - Another table that didn't quite grap me.
      17. Ghost Rider - like the layout thought it was to boring doing the same shots over and over again. Unlike Epic Quest though.
      18.Shaman - Wasn't impressed with the table but the sounds and them was interesting.
      19. Blade - Looks cool but can't get into. At some point I might but right now the table isn't for me.
      20. V12- This table wasn't fun IMO ( again My opinion)

Have not played Street Fighter 2 or Ninja Gaiden. If Ninja Gaiden is as hard as he said it is I might give it a shor once I could get my hands on the demo available through ZP2. also these table could jump ahead of any of the others on here.

Comment

• ReviewZoneHD
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by tenorhero
        Nice I recall watching your vid review on some tables that I wasn't thinking of buying. Everyone has their own opinion on each table most of you reviews were unbiased aside from the tables that have your favorite color.

Well I know we don't want another Top Zen pinball tables thread I think I will add my favorites.

1. Epic Quest - Charm, Simplistic, visually engaging.
        2. Thor - Challenging, Loved the table design
        3. X-men - Very deep table once you understand the rules. Lots of multi-ball modes
        4. Fantastic Four - My favorite table before I got V&V and Zen pinball. Mission are fun and varied, Wizard mode is definitely no small feat.
        5. Sorcerer's lair - very fun and varied missions ( lots I might add) can't wait to play in the new engine.
        6. Moon Knight Didn't know the lore but didn't matter as it is a well designed table.
        7. Captain America - Love the theme Simple missions
        8. Iron Man My favorite of the core Marvel tables. I like the difficulty and how accurate your shots need to be.
        9. MARS- I think this table is challenging with the need for accurate shots, Which I love.
        10. El Dorado - wasn't impressed with the core tables from Zen but again after getting used the rule set The mission were fun and challenging at the same time.
        11. Tesla another table where you need to know the rule set and how missions are actibated to appreciat the table. Can't wait for the new engine to play it.
        12. Paranormal - Although the front area is to constrained it is fun to do the missions. The levition ball is so much fun and the Haunted House Shots challenging.
        13. Excalibur - Love the theme table is very difficult to start missions (Which isn't a bad thing) I guess with most of the older Zen tables it's another one that I will play once the new engine comes in play.
        14. Earth Defense - Like the Attack From Mars theme. Difficult mission. (again not a bad thing) Anxiously awaiting ZP2 engine.
        15. Wolverine - /This table didn't grab me that much.
        16. Spider Man - Another table that didn't quite grap me.
        17. Ghost Rider - like the layout thought it was to boring doing the same shots over and over again. Unlike Epic Quest though.
        18.Shaman - Wasn't impressed with the table but the sounds and them was interesting.
        19. Blade - Looks cool but can't get into. At some point I might but right now the table isn't for me.
        20. V12- This table wasn't fun IMO ( again My opinion)

Have not played Street Fighter 2 or Ninja Gaiden. If Ninja Gaiden is as hard as he said it is I might give it a shor once I could get my hands on the demo available through ZP2. also these table could jump ahead of any of the others on here.

haha well i didnt pick the fan four table because it has my favorite color, i guess i shoulda clarified that in the video. It was a pretty awesome table, just happened to be my fav color as well.

I thought ninja gaiden was a tough table. And i didnt really like v12 either, which is why i didnt put it on the list.

Im surprised that both of you guys that commented have already visited my channel before, thats pretty cool indeed.

Comment

• Rafie
          • May 2012

I watched you vid. I actually agree with most of it. My placements with tables would be a little different, but I understand it was your opinion on it. I definitely respect it. I guess I was surprised from your Tesla review. The table is beautiful and I can't wait to play it with the update physics and trophies. Anyway, great review man!
          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
          Gamertag- RAFIE82
          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Madman
            • May 2011

Originally posted by ReviewZoneHD
            I did a video today for the top 20 tables that zen studios have released for the playstation 3, including all the DLC tables for both zen and marvel pinball, just wanted to share it with this forum for those interested. I have covered every release of dlc for both games on my channel

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks
            ~zer0
            Haven't played enough tables to do a top 20. I agree with most of your assessments on the ones I have played. However, I found the voice acting in the Wolverine table to be very lacking (as opposed to "Good", as you mentioned). Especially Wolverine's voice himself which sounded like they hired a DJ with a smooth deep voice to do it, but had no clue who Wolverine was as a character.

Sorcerer's Lair was a bit annoying for me. Not my #1 pick, but not the lowest either. I liked Tesla's creative design and would have probably ranked it higher.

Comment

• Rafie
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Madman
              Haven't played enough tables to do a top 20. I agree with most of your assessments on the ones I have played. However, I found the voice acting in the Wolverine table to be very lacking (as opposed to "Good", as you mentioned). Especially Wolverine's voice himself which sounded like they hired a DJ with a smooth deep voice to do it, but had no clue who Wolverine was as a character.

Sorcerer's Lair was a bit annoying for me. Not my #1 pick, but not the lowest either. I liked Tesla's creative design and would have probably ranked it higher.
              That's what I said. LOL Tesla should have been higher, but remember this is his take on the top 20.
              PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
              Gamertag- RAFIE82
              YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
              Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Metalzoic
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Etaistoerpol
                thanks for the list guys. it'll really help me.
                I was trying to make sense of this topic and then I noticed the dates.
                This thread is undead man! You bumped it out of the grave!

Comment

Working...