Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Ode to the Release of Zen Pinball on the Wii U

Default An Ode to the Release of Zen Pinball on the Wii U

As we are anxiously awaiting the release of the game I found myself waxing poetic.

Twas the night before Thursday and Lo and Behold, all my Wii U games had suddenly grown old

Nintendoland certainly was fun without doubt, but no online play left me feeling without

Super Mario Brothers was also a blast, but now Peach is rescued and the excitement has passed

So I went to the eShop which had been woefully bare, in hopes that a new game soon would be there

But when I arrived I was sort of depressed. Only some demos and some games for DS

One of the demos actually filled me with dread, as you have to kill Zombies, which are already dead

Disappointed I turned and walked toward the door. A woman named Barbie then entered the store

The box she was carrying is what caught my sight, showing flippers and spinners and bumpers and lights

I was drawn to the box like a moth to a flare. My eyes read the name “Sorcerer’s Lair

I could tell right away that this game was for me, but could hardly believe that the price tag said “Free”

I turned to her and asked “Is this price for real?”, but before she could answer in walked her friend Neil

He was carrying items in several large sacks. Individual tables and some sold in packs

The two went to work stocking the shelves made of glass and soon there was a crowd that had started to mass

Rafie, MK and Tech 101
    Lumafan, Lemar, Hunter, and Shogun

As the shelves became stocked my eyes started to glow, reading names like “Telsa” and “El Dorado

The tables kept coming, which one was the best? Would it be one from Marvel or perhaps “Epic Quest”?

With all these new games my joy was revived, then a gentleman named Mel suddenly arrived

He was carrying a briefcase, locked strong and tight and he smiled as he shook off the cold from the night

Our obvious interest caused him to grin as he too was thrilled at the treasures within

“What I have with me is truly unique, but I suppose it won’t hurt to give you a peek”

Opening the case he carried in tow we saw familiar faces from games long ago

Mario and Link had adventures to attend because both Peach and Zelda were kidnapped……again

Colorful Pikmin were dancing around while from Pokemon stadium there came cheering sounds

Star Fox and Metroid were seen in the flash along with Yoshi and the Brothers that Smash

The case was then closed and the lock resecured. “You will see these again” Mel kindly assured

Making our choices we smiled big and wide then said to theChin “We’ll need table guides”

Thus heading back home with my bag filled to the top I turned back and looked at the glowing eShop

In the window there hung a sign bright, clean, and new

Zen Pinball is here for the Nintendo Wii U
    Last edited by Everly; 01-30-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Default That was EPIC WIN!

Wonderfully thought out and well written! I loved every minute of it. I hope all you said comes true. If nothing else the wait for you will only be 1-15 more days. That's not so bad as long as Armageddon doesn't happen! . Which I wouldn't mind!

Thanks for working some of us in there as well!
    Last edited by Tech101; 01-16-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Thumbs up

Everly in the three years of reading zen forums this one tops the cake by far. Going back to read again.

I've read it like 5 times now!! I want to save it to my phone to keep forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Everly in the three years of reading zen forums this one tops the cake by far. Going back to read again.
    Thanks Carnegie! If I had unlimited time and resources I would make a flash movie of it as well. Sorry I didn't work you into the story, but maybe we can play some Zen in Wii U (if you have one)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    I've read it like 5 times now!! I want to save it to my phone to keep forever!!!
    The 6th time is the best....it goes down hill after that.

UPDATE: Check it out, that post upgraded me from Jr. Member to Member. Now I don't feel so small.
    Last edited by Everly; 01-16-2013 at 04:57 PM.

This totally made my day! As an English major and a total pinball dork--I'm seriously geeking out over this!!

KickBeaten Down

Anapestic tetrameter is the best meter. The Castlestorm intro has a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    This totally made my day! As an English major and a total pinball dork--I'm seriously geeking out over this!!
    I'm so glad you liked it Barbie. I'm certainly no English major but every once in awhile I have to get my Dr. Seuss on. BTW, my friend request on the Wii U that I sent you is still hanging out there. Did you get it on your end?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Anapestic tetrameter is the best meter. The Castlestorm intro has a bunch!
    I can honestly say I did not expect that reply. I must have much more to learn about Zen than I originally anticipated.

WOW....WOW....and oh yeah......WOW!!! Dude that was totally off the chain! You sir certainly know how to move the pinball heart! Truly impressive! I enjoyed! I would "like" 1,000 times if I could and if we had a like button.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

This was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing

Anyone else care to share a pinball poem with everyone? Even a haiku-- it doesn't have to be as long as Everly's

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    WOW....WOW....and oh yeah......WOW!!! Dude that was totally off the chain! You sir certainly know how to move the pinball heart! Truly impressive! I enjoyed! I would "like" 1,000 times if I could and if we had a like button.
    Thank you so much Rafie! I'm looking forward to being able to playing with you soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    This was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing
    I really appreciated your reply Snakeman. And your viewing the thread might have been the one that pushed it over the 150 views to make it a "Hot Thread", my first one here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    And your viewing the thread might have been the one that pushed it over the 150 views to make it a "Hot Thread", my first one here on the forum.
    I *may* have posted this to our Facebook page. And Tweeted it. It was too good not to share!

It doesn't hurt I looked in here at least 10-15 times! :P

Anyone else care to share a pinball poem with everyone? Even a haiku-- it doesn't have to be as long as Everly's
    Sorry! I suck at writing poetry and haiku.

Everly, that was amazing! Very well thought out and well written.
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

i loved it and i think this thread should be a sticky. i too can't wait for zen pinball to come to the wii u.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

I *may* have posted this to our Facebook page. And Tweeted it. It was too good not to share!
    I'm glad you felt it was good enough to mention on your other social medias. If it would help move forward with the release I would write a Limerick, an Epic, a Sonnet, and a Haiku.
    It doesn't hurt I looked in here at least 10-15 times! :P
    I kept reading to see if I could find the hidden message of when ZP was being released...then I remembered that I wrote it and I don't have the information. Oh, and thanks for having a screen name that would rhyme with Shogun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Everly, that was amazing! Very well thought out and well written.
    Thanks Warrior! I appreciated you taking the time to post and let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MK2017 View Post
    i loved it and i think this thread should be a sticky. i too can't wait for zen pinball to come to the wii u.
    Thanks buddy, and thanks for adding me on the Wii U. Can't wait to play ZP with you.

The best thing anyone has ever posted on this site...LITERALLY. Props to you Everly! This made my day. Haha.
    I sang this in my head 10 times already! Stuck in my head.

Share this with the team Barbie!

Signed this poem.

Quote Originally Posted by LumaFan") View Post

Share this with the team Barbie!

I already did haha!

The best thing anyone has ever posted on this site...LITERALLY. Props to you Everly! This made my day. Haha.
    I sang this in my head 10 times already! Stuck in my head.
    Thanks Luma! Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait for the game....well actually I have no choice but to wait....you know what I mean.

Thumbs up

Great post! thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

We will make this go viral!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Great post! thanks for putting a smile on my face today!
    Thanks a lot Markit, glad it make you smile.
    We will make this go viral!
    I love that idea as long as no one that is working on getting the game released is involved in doing so. No distractions for them!

Great! I think I'm catching a cold! Thanks Luma! :P

Everly...I think everyone here loves you now.

Today is your day for praise for such a great poem. You are talented my friend. No doubt we will get down on some ZP2 action when it drops.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Great! I think I'm catching a cold! Thanks Luma! :P
    Good! That means its already going viral! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Everly...I think everyone here loves you now.
    That really makes me happy, especially being one of the newer members. I hope the love manifests itself by you guys helping me get some skills on ZP. I know Solitude (Neil) indicated that real time online multi-player wasn't in the cards at the release, so I'm not sure if there is any ability to play together online. I suppose we will find out soon enough.
    Last edited by Everly; 01-17-2013 at 01:49 PM.

This has to be the quickest rising topic I've ever seen on this site. In less then one day it almost has 300 views and closing in on 30 posts. Nice job once again!!

This has to be the quickest rising topic I've ever seen on this site. In less then one day it almost has 300 views and closing in on 30 posts. Nice job once again!!
    I'm sure you could easily eclipse that record. Just start a thread that titled "Zen Pinball Wii U date announced!" I'd probably view 40 times even knowing that it was bogus.

That makes my ZP2 thread fall to 2nd place for fastest response time.... lol

I'm sure you could easily eclipse that record. Just start a thread that titled "Zen Pinball Wii U date announced!" I'd probably view 40 times even knowing that it was bogus.
    I had a topic go 33 replies and well over a 1000 views but it was a topic of negativity! It's one page back!

I had a topic go 33 replies and well over a 1000 views but it was a topic of negativity! It's one page back!
    Yeah, It seems to be much easier to get people interested in the negative. We could start a TV show "The Real Pinball Players of Zen Studios" with lots of drama and market it to Bravo. I'll be the guy that is really good at shooting the ramps but always forgets to get the Kickback activated.

Yeah, It seems to be much easier to get people interested in the negative. We could start a TV show "The Real Pinball Players of Zen Studios" with lots of drama and market it to Bravo. I'll be the guy that is really good at shooting the ramps but always forgets to get the Kickback activated.
    And ill be the guy who creates all the drama!

I can see that happening lol. but bravo i don't think would be the right channel i got the history channel in mind for some odd reason.
    feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Just got in from a twelve hour night shift and had to read the poem again. Now I can play a few tables.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Have to say this is pretty dope.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Table Help Videos (Me Playing)

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Just got in from a twelve hour night shift and had to read the poem again. Now I can play a few tables.
    Those 12 hour shifts can be rough. I hope the poem puts you in the Pinball Wizard Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Have to say this is pretty dope.
    Thanks buddy, and thanks for all of your work on the table guides. I'm studying the Zen Classic pack and Epic Quest. Is one competed for Excalbur?

Thanks buddy, and thanks for all of your work on the table guides. I'm studying the Zen Classic pack and Epic Quest. Is one competed for Excalbur?
    Thanks m8, its a real Community effort without everyones help nothing would be possible. Yeh I do have an Excalibur Guide in the works along with Earth Defence.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Thanks m8, its a real Community effort without everyones help nothing would be possible. Yeh I do have an Excalibur Guide in the works along with Earth Defence.
    Awesome! I think I'll be going with those 6 tables to start. I'm on the fence about Plants/Zombies, Earth Defense, and MARS, but I have a feeling they will be in my collection before it is over.

Awesome! I think I'll be going with those 6 tables to start. I'm on the fence about Plants/Zombies, Earth Defense, and MARS, but I have a feeling they will be in my collection before it is over.
    Mars is 1 of my all time fav's btw.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Mars is 1 of my all time fav's btw.
    I'll have to give it a stronger look then. The bottom of the field looked very bare comparatively. But maybe less is more.

Mars is a great table, the lower play field is open but missions come into play here. Targets appear all over this area in random order then when you make the shot a space machine picks up your ball, then on to the next target till you make I think five or six for mission complete. Mars is one of the first zen tables I played a few years ago, and like sttc said its one of my favs also.

Mars is a great table, the lower play field is open but missions come into play here. Targets appear all over this area in random order then when you make the shot a space machine picks up your ball, then on to the next target till you make I think five or six for mission complete. Mars is one of the first zen tables I played a few years ago, and like sttc said its one of my favs also.
    It looks like I will be getting 4 to 6 out of the gate, depending on the price structure. In everyone's experience (which probably varies from person to person) how many tables do you like to get and play through to be decent at before you pick up more?

Lol. Well I've never had a choice before. We got 4 tables for each set on the 3ds. I'm a Zen slappy so ill download them all and concentrate on one at a time. Of course that's when we finally get the dlc. On my android I got all but two and those I already had but they were on sale at 99 cents so it wasn't a big deal.
    Last edited by Tech101; 01-20-2013 at 12:40 PM.

For me it was the more tables the better. Have all 28 on ps3. I think the more variety one has the better your skills get. And the replay on is never ending, still play most all tables they are that good.

Lol. Well I've never had a choice before. We got 4 tables for each set on the 3ds. I'm a Zen slappy so ill download them all and concentrate on one at a time. Of course that's when we finally get the dlc. On my android I got all but two and those I already had but they were on sale at 99 cents so it wasn't a big deal.
    I'd love to see tables at $.99, but I don't think that will be the case. Although I do like the idea of sales.

For me it was the more tables the better. Have all 28 on ps3. I think the more variety one has the better your skills get. And the replay on is never ending, still play most all tables they are that good.
    I'm sure I'll grab several, just not sure when. Is it possible to get individual tables from packs without having to get the entire pack? (get Spiderman and Wolverine without getting Iron-man and Blade)
    Last edited by Everly; 01-20-2013 at 01:44 PM.

I can't speak for sure on this but you should be able to buy only one table at a time if you so choose. The packs just help keep the price down and add insentive for those that might not buy a lot. I think there might be a good chance of having a sale for early adaptors. At least when introduced to the google play that's what happened.

I can't speak for sure on this but you should be able to buy only one table at a time if you so choose.
    Sweet!
    I think there might be a good chance of having a sale for early adopters.
    Sweeter!

KickBeaten Down

I can't speak for sure on this but you should be able to buy only one table at a time if you so choose. The packs just help keep the price down and add insentive for those that might not buy a lot. I think there might be a good chance of having a sale for early adaptors. At least when introduced to the google play that's what happened.
    Actually, on consoles, we tend to make you buy a 4 pack (any 4 pack) before you can buy individual tables. On mobile, Win 8, and Mac, that's not the case. I think we also made an exception when ZP2 released on PS3/Vita allowing players to buy PvZ without buying a 4 pack first. I'm not 100% sure on Wii U but I believe we're requiring a 4 pack purchase before individual ones are available there as well.

Also, I don't think we're doing a sale out of the gate, but Nintendo does allow us to change the pricing ourselves, which means that it will be easier for us to schedule sales (which should increase their frequency, much like on mobile).

Actually, on consoles, we tend to make you buy a 4 pack (any 4 pack) before you can buy individual tables. On mobile, Win 8, and Mac, that's not the case. I think we also made an exception when ZP2 released on PS3/Vita allowing players to buy PvZ without buying a 4 pack first. I'm not 100% sure on Wii U but I believe we're requiring a 4 pack purchase before individual ones are available there as well.

Also, I don't think we're doing a sale out of the gate, but Nintendo does allow us to change the pricing ourselves, which means that it will be easier for us to schedule sales (which should increase their frequency, much like on mobile).
    Well the first thing I'm getting without question is the Zen Classic pack. It is listed as being in the library on the Zen Blog so hopefully that will be available. I'll just have to wait and see what there is to choose from and the cost after that.
    Last edited by Everly; 01-20-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Well that's good know. Did you have any idea on the pricing structure yet or can you even tell us that yet?

KickBeaten Down

Well that's good know. Did you have any idea on the pricing structure yet or can you even tell us that yet?
    The same as on other consoles - $3 for individual tables and $10 for 4-packs.

WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN INFORMATION THAT ISN'T BAD! (starts to cry from emotion)
    Last edited by Everly; 01-20-2013 at 05:36 PM.

How about in Euros or GBP? Would it just be based on the exchange rate from USD, or will it be a little more expensive here, like everything else?
    http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab65/FreudianLemur/Youwanttoholdapigehsmall.jpg

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by FreudianLemur View Post
    How about in Euros or GBP? Would it just be based on the exchange rate from USD, or will it be a little more expensive here, like everything else?
    I think it's more expensive largely because of VAT.

that would be a good deal for now because i can pick up two 4 packs with the $$20.00 i have in my balance right now.

that would be a good deal for now because i can pick up two 4 packs with the $$20.00 i have in my balance right now.
    I'm waiting until it is available to download and then I'm going to add the funds as needed. Getting the Zen Classic pack for sure and then moving from there.

That sort of raises an interesting question. The price of the tables is the same for the Wii U as it is for the other consoles, even though it is missing (at least what I believe) a major element in not having the online multi-player feature.

How was that decision reached. What features does the Wii U version have that isn't on the other platforms to make up for the lack of online multi-player and thus justify the same price structure?

KickBeaten Down

That sort of raises an interesting question. The price of the tables is the same for the Wii U as it is for the other consoles, even though it is missing (at least what I believe) a major element in not having the online multi-player feature.

How was that decision reached. What features does the Wii U version have that isn't on the other platforms to make up for the lack of online multi-player and thus justify the same price structure?
    We keep things simple and price things the same way for similar platforms. We don't base table prices on a specific feature set. When we add new features, we don't increase prices. The Wii U prices are essentially the same as the Windows 8 version, yet Wii U players get Wii U Gamepad support, split-screen multiplayer, offline play, and global leaderboards.

For the record, less than 5 percent of our players use online multiplayer.

When we add new features, we don't increase prices.
    That is a nice policy, and I remember you mentioned that online multi-player may come in the future.

global leaderboards
    Does "global" mean it compiles the data from all platforms or will it only contain the results of the players and scores submitted from the Wii U? More of a platform global.

For the record, less than 5 percent of our players use online multiplayer.
    That really surprised me, esp with the activity here on the forum. But again, what do I know?

That is a nice policy, and I remember you mentioned that online multi-player may come in the future.

Does "global" mean it compiles the data from all platforms or will it only contain the results of the players and scores submitted from the Wii U? More of a platform global.

That really surprised me, esp with the activity here on the forum. But again, what do I know?
    I think we do have a great community. However its probably only about one percent of all Zen pinball players when you think about it. Also your right it will be platform global as each platform has its own set of players and its more fair that way anyways since each system is slightly different in the way it plays.

I think we do have a great community. However its probably only about one percent of all Zen pinball players when you think about it.
    I think so as well. I have been on several forums on different subjects and this one has the feel of Capcom Unity (the forum associated with Monster Hunter) In fact, JosiahB is also a member of that community and we have done several quests in that game together. I suppose if you think about it, pinball does lend itself to more of a one-person game. I'm mean, in real life how often do you have a 2-player thing happening on one machine? Having said that however, I would really love the ability to play with members of the forum here because of the sheer amount of playing experience that the members have. Having a voice chat feature during a multi-player game where experienced players could show tips and tricks. I imagine that would be used by even less people, but I certainly would like it.

In other news, this thread is close to cracking 1,000 views! Which do you think will happen first? This thread reaching 1,300 views or getting a release date? (notice not get the game released, just the date that it will be available)
    Last edited by Everly; 01-24-2013 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Increased the number of views mentioned

MONSTER HUNTER!!!! I played that game to death when it came out. Had well over 600 hours and easily the most fun I've had online in any ygame. The thrill was playing it with same level players though as if you have even one that's super strong they can do most of the work. I'm sure you're looking forward to that on the wii U?!

MONSTER HUNTER!!!! I played that game to death when it came out. Had well over 600 hours and easily the most fun I've had online in any game. The thrill was playing it with same level players though as if you have even one that's super strong they can do most of the work. I'm sure you're looking forward to that on the wii U?!
    THREAD DERAILMENT ALERT:

Oh yeah! The demo is supposed to be in the eShop on Feb 21 with the game coming out March 19. Without a doubt I got more use out of MH Tri than any other game I had ever bought. I even made a little quest to be done in the game with a video and posted it on the Unity forum. A lot of the members did it and I got to learn a little bit about making movies in Flash.

I was actually not very impressed with the Wii U after the E3 presentation, but when I saw MH3U was coming out for it, I launched a fund raising quest for myself. Turns out I really like the system, just wish Nintendo would get their act together and provide some content for it. From what I have read they intentionally delayed the release of Pikmin 3 and some other games because of the awesome 3rd party support. Not seeing it myself. Maybe the Nintendo Direct presentation today will bring us some welcome news.

THREAD RERAILED
    Last edited by Everly; 01-24-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Well, the release of the eShop offerings for 1/24/13 is up and no Zen. So we will either get it next week or it won't happen this month.

I like how you changed your views from 1100 to 1300! Coming from me be patient as I've been waiting a lot longer for dlc but at least I already do have 8 tables!

I like how you changed your views from 1100 to 1300! Coming from me be patient as I've been waiting a lot longer for dlc but at least I already do have 8 tables!
    Yeah, we hit 1,100 just a couple hours after I posted that, so I figured I would at least give the release a fighting chance. For the record though, I don't think we are going to see it this month.

I've seen in the forum that sometimes tournaments are scheduled. I was curious to know if those are solo player tournys or if you are able to somehow form teams. I seem to remember somewhere reading that you could make groups, but that might have just been about the people in your friend roster and the ProScore.

Anyone notice the Nintendo thread is really active lately? It was dead for months until recently!

For sure, it was the zp2 forums that were really busy but now its done a 180. Nintendo is now the most used with some help from the 'poem' and new release coming.

even i did a check and no zp2 the more i wait the more i want to play lol. but i do love the demo video and i played in on my hd tv that i have the wii u hooked up to and it looked a whole lot better than watching it on the pad.

I've seen in the forum that sometimes tournaments are scheduled. I was curious to know if those are solo player tournys or if you are able to somehow form teams. I seem to remember somewhere reading that you could make groups, but that might have just been about the people in your friend roster and the ProScore.
    They are solo tournaments, each person tries to get the highest score posted. We usually give prizes for the top 3 and then a few random ones just so everyone has a chance to win something.

It's solo! A special tournament leader board appears and your score is recorded to it. All you do is just play a typical game on the said table and that's it. At the end of the tournament, the top 3 scores and usually 3 randomly selected scores will receive prizes.

EDIT: Barbie beat me to it.

They are solo tournaments, each person tries to get the highest score posted. We usually give prizes for the top 3 and then a few random ones just so everyone has a chance to win something.

I'm curious as to what the prizes consist of? Can you give an example?

For the top 3 winners, usually some form of swag (slippers, t-shirts) and a free redeem code for the next table release.

For the 3 or so randomly selected winners, they just get a free redeem code for the next table release.

If you want to see some previous ones, you can go back through some of the older blog posts and take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    For the top 3 winners, usually some form of swag (slippers, t-shirts) and a free redeem code for the next table release.

For the 3 or so randomly selected winners, they just get a free redeem code for the next table release.
    And have you ever won Shogun?

Also thanks to both of you for letting me know!

And have you ever won Shogun?
    Nope! I'm not good with tournaments. I crack under the pressure and not to mention, there are far better players than me. I can usually get in the top 20 though.

The only thing I'm good at is being the fastest in getting the trophies.

The slippers are really cool. If I ever win a pair id wear them to work, bus, home and everywhere else.

Nope! I'm not good with tournaments. I crack under the pressure and not to mention, there are far better players than me. I can usually get in the top 20 though.

The only thing I'm good at is being the fastest in getting the trophies.
    How does the tournaments work? How much time are you given to get the highest scores?

How does the tournaments work? How much time are you given to get the highest scores?
    You just play the table during the week of the tournament (on PSN/XBLA, there is an icon that shows you when they're running).

Like Barbie said, you got a week to play a game and post a score. Heck, you don't even have to play it online. You just need to upload the score before the tournament ends.

The problem for me is that during the tournament week, I will absolutely suck at the table. Any other given week, I would be doing well on the said table and may actually beat my all time high score.
    Last edited by shogun00; 01-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Like Barbie said, you got a week to play a game post a score. Heck, you don't even have to play it when you are online. You just need to upload the score before the tournament ends.

The problem for me is that during the tournament week, I will absolutely suck at the table. Any other given week, I would be doing well on the said table and may actually beat my all time high score.
    I'm guessing a lot of people hold off on posting their score till the last minute so to make others think they may have won. Then all of a sudden they go from first to tenth in a matter of minutes! Sounds like eBay!

I'm guessing a lot of people hold off on posting their score till the last minute so to make others think they may have won. Then all of a sudden they go from first to tenth in a matter of minutes! Sounds like eBay!
    You are not too far off on that assumption. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion with previous tournaments. One time I was at 5th place with a pretty average score and I knew it wouldn't last. Surprisingly, it sticked until the very last day. However, just 12 hours before the tournament ended, I went from 5th to 16th place.

You are not too far off on that assumption. I've seen it happen on more than one occasion with previous tournaments. One time I was at 5th place with a pretty average score and I knew it wouldn't last. Surprisingly, it sticked until the very last day. However, just 12 hours before the tournament ended, I went from 5th to 16th place.
    I'm also going to guess a lot of the same people show up in the top three!

I'm also going to guess a lot of the same people show up in the top three!
    Oh yeah! That's very true!

Thankfully Barbie does some random score drawings. That way everyone that participated has at least a change to win something.

Been away but really appreciate all of the information.

We usually give prizes for the top 3 and then a few random ones just so everyone has a chance to win something.
    Sweet! I like the idea of prizes

Although the slippers are getting high marks I like the idea of the free table. It sort of fits into the normal pinball theme that if you play well then you get to play again.
    You just need to upload the score before the tournament ends.
    Oh, I figured it would be pulled off of the leader boards. Other than being unethical, what prevents someone from posting that they made a score they didn't really achieve?

Ha, I think we might be twins separated at birth.
    Thankfully Barbie does some random score drawings. That way everyone that participated has at least a chance to win something.
    Awesome, I'm back in the running!
    For sure, it was the zp2 forums that were really busy but now its done a 180. Nintendo is now the most used with some help from the 'poem' and new release coming.
    I have a limerick ready to roll when when we get the date. Don't worry, it is rated "E"

Oh, I figured it would be pulled off of the leader boards. Other than being unethical, what prevents someone from posting that they made a score they didn't really achieve?
    It's still tied to your account and settings. The Operator's Menu settings must be set at the defaults (factory settings) or your score won't be posted on the leader boards.

It's still tied to your account and settings. The Operator's Menu settings must be set at the defaults (factory settings) or your score won't be posted on the leader boards.

I see, so it is still linked to the leaderboard. Sounds fun, I'm looking forward to playing.

Thumbs up new limerick

Looking forward to that. I had a feeling you had something brewing.

Thumbs up

I am now dieing to test out my skills agen e1 els now. but when it comes to wii u i might be a bit rusty becouse i haven't played in years.

Ah my pinball skills have been rusty too. Haven't play ZP2/MP3D on my 3DS for a while now!

Ah my pinball skills have been rusty too. Haven't play ZP2/MP3D on my 3DS for a while now!
    You've been rusty since you got those games!!

You've been rusty since you got those games!!
    LOL! True,but I don't suck at pinball...it's because your too good!!!

LOL! True,but I don't suck at pinball...it's because your too good!!!

Why haven't you been on swapnote lately? Busy?

Why haven't you been on swapnote lately? Busy?
    Yeah I've been quite lazy to do so. Too much hardwork to bring updates, but at least NN))) lasted for good year!

The slippers are really cool. If I ever win a pair id wear them to work, bus, home and everywhere else.
    i wear my slippers every morning and some time if i am really lazy i will keep my indor/outdoor slippers on and walk pugley my pug outside.

i wear my slippers every morning and some time if i am really lazy i will keep my indor/outdoor slippers on and walk pugley my pug outside.
    Wow, these things sound multi-purpose! I know that we now have a date for the EU release (if you were keeping score the "Ode thread" was at 1,516 views) I'm saving posting the limerick for the NA release, since that is the one I'm waiting for, however to recognize the joy for those in Europe:

We've all been awaiting the dates
    Now we're happy with news for our mates
    As the game's been released
    For our friends in the East
    Now when will it get to the States?

(For the record, limericks are hard!)
    Last edited by Everly; 01-28-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Red face zen slippers

How about two pair for your pug, custom pug pinball slippers.