Zen Pinball 2 releases on December 18th in Europe and December 24th in North America! I wrote up this FAQ to assist in the transition from PS3/Vita to PS4, I hope this helps! If I missed anything feel free to ask!
If I bought Zen Pinball 2 tables on PS3/Vita, can I import them to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4?
Yes! Download Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 for free, and start importing! Most content you have purchased in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3/Vita can be transferred to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. See complete table listings at the bottom of this post.
PS4 Table Import Walkthrough
1. Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
2. Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
3. If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
4. Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
5. Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!
I bought some tables in the Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball games on PS3, can I play those tables on PS4 too?
Yes, but you’ll need to import any tables purchased into Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 first. The PS4 import tool can only pull content from Zen Pinball 2, not from the standalone Marvel or Star Wars Pinball games.
If I buy content in Zen Pinball 2 for PS4, can I import it to my PS3/Vita?
No, the import tool can only transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4, so if you want to play any of your tables on PS3, please make sure to buy them on PS3 or Vita first, and then import to PS4.
Where are the rest of the PS3/Vita tables I purchased?
We could only choose 20 tables to bring from PS3 to PS4, and we wanted to bring a variety of tables for users to import for free as a thank you for supporting Zen Studios over the years. It was a tough choice but those tables represent some of the most loved tables in our collection. We'll of course be listening to feedback on this, so let us know how you feel about the table selection and import process.
Will Zen Studios continue to add new tables to ZP2 on PS3?
Yes! We have some amazing tables in the works, both original ideas and tables based on some huge brands!
I got some tables from PS Plus, can I play those tables on PS4?
Yes, as long as your PS Plus membership is still active, you can import them to PS4.
Will the scoreboards/trophies from PS3 carry over? Are the trophies the same as the PS3 version?
The trophies are the same as in the PS3 version; however there is no way to carry over scoreboards/trophies from the PS3 or Vita.
Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation 4 Table Library (List updated 8/27)
• Star Wars Pinball
• Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
• Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within
• Marvel Pinball
• Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
• Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
• Plants vs. Zombies
• Epic Quest
• Earth Defense
• Sorcerer's Lair (Totally free for all players!)
• The Walking Dead
• Guardians of the Galaxy
• Super League Football
• Doctor Strange
• Captain America
• Fantastic Four
• Marvel Civil War
• Shaman, V12, Eldorado, Tesla
• Street Fighter II
Zen Pinball 2 on the PS4 has a nearly identical feature set as PS3, however we have made great gains in performance:
• Zen Pinball 2 is running silky smooth 1080p @ 60 FPS
• The most responsive flippers that we have ever been able to produce
***If you are having login issues, please try logging out from PSN without leaving the game, then sign in. Don't restart the console, the game should be running in the background while you log in/out. Please post below if that workaround doesn't do the trick!
****If tables will not unlock properly, please try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.
Please post any additional questions you may have below