Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 FAQ

Default Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 FAQ

Zen Pinball 2 releases on December 18th in Europe and December 24th in North America! I wrote up this FAQ to assist in the transition from PS3/Vita to PS4, I hope this helps! If I missed anything feel free to ask!

If I bought Zen Pinball 2 tables on PS3/Vita, can I import them to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4?

Yes! Download Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 for free, and start importing! Most content you have purchased in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3/Vita can be transferred to Zen Pinball 2 on PS4. See complete table listings at the bottom of this post.

PS4 Table Import Walkthrough
    1. Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
    2. Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
    3. If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
    4. Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
    5. Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away!

I bought some tables in the Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball games on PS3, can I play those tables on PS4 too?

Yes, but you’ll need to import any tables purchased into Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 first. The PS4 import tool can only pull content from Zen Pinball 2, not from the standalone Marvel or Star Wars Pinball games.

If I buy content in Zen Pinball 2 for PS4, can I import it to my PS3/Vita?

No, the import tool can only transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4, so if you want to play any of your tables on PS3, please make sure to buy them on PS3 or Vita first, and then import to PS4.

Where are the rest of the PS3/Vita tables I purchased?

We could only choose 20 tables to bring from PS3 to PS4, and we wanted to bring a variety of tables for users to import for free as a thank you for supporting Zen Studios over the years. It was a tough choice but those tables represent some of the most loved tables in our collection. We'll of course be listening to feedback on this, so let us know how you feel about the table selection and import process.

Will Zen Studios continue to add new tables to ZP2 on PS3?

Yes! We have some amazing tables in the works, both original ideas and tables based on some huge brands!

I got some tables from PS Plus, can I play those tables on PS4?

Yes, as long as your PS Plus membership is still active, you can import them to PS4.

Will the scoreboards/trophies from PS3 carry over? Are the trophies the same as the PS3 version?

The trophies are the same as in the PS3 version; however there is no way to carry over scoreboards/trophies from the PS3 or Vita.

Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation 4 Table Library (List updated 8/27)

• Star Wars Pinball
    • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
    • Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within
    • Marvel Pinball
    • Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue
    • Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • Epic Quest
    • Paranormal
    • Earth Defense
    • Sorcerer's Lair (Totally free for all players!)
    • The Walking Dead
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Deadpool
    • Super League Football
    • Doctor Strange
    • Captain America
    • Fantastic Four
    • Marvel Civil War
    • Mars
    • Excalibur
    • Shaman, V12, Eldorado, Tesla
    • Street Fighter II

Zen Pinball 2 on the PS4 has a nearly identical feature set as PS3, however we have made great gains in performance:
    • Zen Pinball 2 is running silky smooth 1080p @ 60 FPS
    • The most responsive flippers that we have ever been able to produce

***If you are having login issues, please try logging out from PSN without leaving the game, then sign in. Don't restart the console, the game should be running in the background while you log in/out. Please post below if that workaround doesn't do the trick!

****If tables will not unlock properly, please try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.

Please post any additional questions you may have below
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 08-27-2014 at 10:22 PM.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I absolutely can't wait till next week, going to be interesting to see how much the new Hardware will effect things like the Ball physics etc.

I take it the Table selection menu will be exactly the same, oh has Content folders been implemented ala Star Wars Pinball Folder etc.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Table Help Videos (Me Playing)

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I absolutely can't wait till next week, going to be interesting to see how much the new Hardware will effect things like the Ball physics etc.

I take it the Table selection menu will be exactly the same, oh has Content folders been implemented ala Star Wars Pinball Folder etc.
    Yes, as far as I know it will be the same as the PS3 version in regards to the table library screen.

Thanks for that detailed info Barbie, i can't wait.

I know it's been discussed but just wanted to add my feeling regarding the existing tables...i think it's great and generous of Zen to carry those 20 tables over. I have every table on Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and Wii U and every table on Pinball FX2 on Xbox 360. I think I counted 46 unique tables last night between the platforms.

I would definitely re-buy all the tables that aren't included on PS4 if they were brought over no problem. I understand that the tables are almost identical but now run at 1080P and 60 FPS. It'd be nice to have one arena for all the tables to play in that glorious and smooth ultimate incarnation.

I'm not sure how much work is involved but it seems like an easy transition and would be worth it for Zen as most would buy many tables on the new platform. The most important tables missing to me are: Tesla, Fantastic Four, Moon Knight, Mars, Ninja Gaiden, Excalibur, Pasha and Agents. Maybe add them as single tables if possible (I can live without Shaman, V12 and Eldorada for ex) and not packs.

Either way, another thank you for one of the best games in my collection. Psyched that ZP2 is arriving so quickly on PS4!

Default Marvel’s Doctor Strange

So if we buy the new table on PS3/Vita, we can import it for free to PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    [B]

I bought some tables in the Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball games on PS3, can I play those tables on PS4 too?

Yes, but you’ll need to import any tables purchased into Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 first. The PS4 import tool can only pull content from Zen Pinball 2, not from the standalone Marvel or Star Wars Pinball games.

I absolutely love Zen Pinball games. I have bought both Marvel and Star Wars Pinball on my PS3 account. They are listed as separated games. But I don't have the Zen Pinball 2 platform. If I understand correctly, I have to download Zen Pinball 2 on ps3 (which is also free ?) then import the already bought tables in there en finally I can import these tables into my ps4 ?

Please clarify this for me

Looking forward to the hollidays where I have lots of time for Zen Pinball in 1080 P

Thanks in advance.

Hey all - we've been a bit delayed on PS4 in North America. ZP2 will now release on December 24th, check out the PS Blog for all the details. The Europe release will still happen December 18th. Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by beek View Post
    I absolutely love Zen Pinball games. I have bought both Marvel and Star Wars Pinball on my PS3 account. They are listed as separated games. But I don't have the Zen Pinball 2 platform. If I understand correctly, I have to download Zen Pinball 2 on ps3 (which is also free ?) then import the already bought tables in there en finally I can import these tables into my ps4 ?

Please clarify this for me

Looking forward to the hollidays where I have lots of time for Zen Pinball in 1080 P

Thanks in advance.
    Yes - the PS4 version can only pull from your table library in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3, so anything you want to import to PS4, needs to be in ZP2 on PS3

Sony must have just now realized it might not be good to have Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 have a simultaneous release on PS4. Or maybe you guys just said NEWP haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonic-Ice View Post
    Sony must have just now realized it might not be good to have Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball 2 have a simultaneous release on PS4. Or maybe you guys just said NEWP haha.
    Haha no, it had nothing to do with anyone else's release.

Haha no, it had nothing to do with anyone else's release.
    Well that's good. Either way, the sorcerer supreme will make his journey to my Vita today.

Sorry if I missed this...
    Does the PS4 version of ZP2 come with Dr. Strange or is it a separate purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollwart View Post
    Sorry if I missed this...
    Does the PS4 version of ZP2 come with Dr. Strange or is it a separate purchase?
    Separate! Sorcerer's Lair will be free with ZP2 though

Separate! Sorcerer's Lair will be free with ZP2 though
    Then someone's gettin' strange tonight!

Exclamation PS4 - Epic Quest Import Problem!

For some mad reason I can't import Epic Quest even though I owned the Table, all the other Tables imported ok. Heck even clicking on the 'Buy Table' Option it says Content not available.

***Suggestion***

Also I noticed something which should of been added, my pad switched off (ran out of juice) but the table didn't go into Pause Menu. So I lost the Ball as a result.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

For some mad reason I can't import Epic Quest even though I owned the Table, all the other Tables imported ok. Heck even clicking on the 'Buy Table' Option it says Content not available.

***Suggestion***

Also I noticed something which should of been added, my pad switched off (ran out of juice) but the table didn't go into Pause Menu. So I lost the Ball as a result.
    Have you tried downloading the EQ demo? Download it, restart and see if that helps.

Default Sign in/download issues

Hi,

Are there issues at the moment with accessing the online content?
    I have ZP2 downloaded for the PS4 but have been unable to import any tables. After a few seconds on scanning for available tables to import, the PS4 displays a message stating connection to the servers has been lost. Then ZP2 pops a message saying I must sign in to PSN to continue. I can still pop out to the PS4 homescreen and browse friends etc.
    Back to Zen - same message.
    And now, just after I thought I was getting somewhere when the scan was taking longer than usual, I get the message 'This service is currently undergoing maintenance'

Any help/advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raduga View Post
    Hi,

Are there issues at the moment with accessing the online content?
    I have ZP2 downloaded for the PS4 but have been unable to import any tables. After a few seconds on scanning for available tables to import, the PS4 displays a message stating connection to the servers has been lost. Then ZP2 pops a message saying I must sign in to PSN to continue. I can still pop out to the PS4 homescreen and browse friends etc.
    Back to Zen - same message.
    And now, just after I thought I was getting somewhere when the scan was taking longer than usual, I get the message 'This service is currently undergoing maintenance'

Any help/advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Rad.
    You're the first to report anything like this - have you restarted the PS4 and tried again? Let me know if that doesn't work

You're the first to report anything like this - have you restarted the PS4 and tried again? Let me know if that doesn't work
    I had restarted several times and and testing network settings before trying to import tables - none of which helped.

That said, it has now worked and I have all the tables imported. It looks like it was connection issues to the store, for some reason. Maybe just a busy period?

Anyway, all sorted and thanks for your reply.
    I'm going to have a blast on Clone Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Raduga View Post
    I had restarted several times and and testing network settings before trying to import tables - none of which helped.

That said, it has now worked and I have all the tables imported. It looks like it was connection issues to the store, for some reason. Maybe just a busy period?

Anyway, all sorted and thanks for your reply.
    I'm going to have a blast on Clone Wars
    Awesome! Glad it's working, let me know if it gives you trouble again

Why the multiplayer mode is absent in the PS4?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Why the multiplayer mode is absent in the PS4?
    Local is there but online MP is not, since barely anyone ever used it. Sorry! We do have plans to rework the online MP for future iterations though.

Awesome! Glad it's working, let me know if it gives you trouble again
    Only other issue I've had (lets call this one a bug report), and this has happened a couple of times - when I quit by holding the PS button and select the 'Close Application' option, press OK on ZEN Pinball, The PS4 goes back to the home screen but is completely unresponsive. No button inputs work, and the background image is static. After a few minutes of waiting, the PS4 turns itself off. I can then turn on and begin operations as normal.

Local is there but online MP is not, since barely anyone ever used it. Sorry! We do have plans to rework the online MP for future iterations though.
    Very sad and maybe it is still to come as an update.
    Thank you for the quick reply

Default Can't Import or Buy EPIC QUEST?!

I still can't import Epic Quest, even if I go to the actual store to select Buy it says "Content Not Available!"

I'm in the UK so what is this a UK relegated issue?

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I still can't import Epic Quest, even if I go to the actual store to select Buy it says "Content Not Available!"

I'm in the UK so what is this a UK relegated issue?
    I've had one other report of EQ not unlocking, we'll look into it

Barbs to the rescue!
    Thanks Barbs, appreciate it.

I do wonder if it's a UK thing, was the other report a UK related user as well?
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 12-19-2013 at 03:24 AM.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Question folks. Did any of you unlock both trophies for Dr. Strange, but no trophy popped? It happened to me. I did both the Eye of Agamatto and Shuma Gorath requirements, but the trophies never appeared. I wonder why. Also something is going on with Zen Pinball 2 telling me that I need to purchase packs to play the game. I've already purchased the packs. What's going on?! Is anyone else having this problem. I hope so, because that would suck if I was the only one experiencing this.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Default Epic Quest not unlocking

I'm situated in Norway and have successfully imported all tables except Epic Quest. It seems it can't find the unlock file from the PS Store. I can download the Epic Quest trial table, but not unlock it.
    Last edited by donTeflon; 12-19-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    Question folks. Did any of you unlock both trophies for Dr. Strange, but no trophy popped? It happened to me. I did both the Eye of Agamatto and Shuma Gorath requirements, but the trophies never appeared. I wonder why. Also something is going on with Zen Pinball 2 telling me that I need to purchase packs to play the game. I've already purchased the packs. What's going on?! Is anyone else having this problem. I hope so, because that would suck if I was the only one experiencing this.
    Already a known problem and a workaround has been discovered.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...p-since-update

In short, just re-download one of the table pack unlocks (I went with the Avengers Unlock myself).

BTW, why are you posting this in the PS4 thread?

Im having the same problem on ps4,all my other tables have imported successfully except for the epic quest table,trial downloaded ok but the full unlock shows as unavailable on the psn and when selecting the table ingame it just says no content was found or it has been removed from the store. Im in the uk too.

Quote Originally Posted by TamKing View Post
    Im having the same problem on ps4,all my other tables have imported successfully except for the epic quest table,trial downloaded ok but the full unlock shows as unavailable on the psn and when selecting the table ingame it just says no content was found or it has been removed from the store. Im in the uk too.
    Ah well I know its bad but at least I'm not the only one encountering this.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Already a known problem and a workaround has been discovered.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...p-since-update

In short, just re-download one of the table pack unlocks (I went with the Avengers Unlock myself).

BTW, why are you posting this in the PS4 thread?
    Woops. I have no clue why I posted that on the PS4 thread. Sorry Barbie and team. Had a long day yesterday. Oh and good looking out on that workaround, Shogun. It definitely work. I just had to re-earn the trophies again. The Eye of Agamotto trophy can be annoying sometimes. LOL I kept loosing the ball right when the chamber would reopen after hitting all of those lit lanes. I did it like 6 times. Hehe
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Default Epic Quest workaround

Sony is looking into the EQ issue, however, we have a workaround! YAY!

Players will experience this issue if they have Epic Quest on the PS3 ONLY (but not on Vita).

1) Browse the store and find the Vita version of Epic Quest unlock
    -
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...NPINBALL2EPIK1

2) Add the content to the basket (it should be free if you have the PS3
    version) and proceed to checkout.

3) after this "purchase" is done, find the PS4 version
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...2PS4EPIC00000K

4) Voila! It is now available and can be added to the basket for free.

I had some issues with the PS4 version and I managed to fix them. Steps and issues are as follows:

* I bought and downloaded the PS3 version of the Dr. Strange table. Then ran ZP2 on that platform and played a couple of minutes.
    * I downloaded the PS4 version of ZP2 from the PS4 itself. Then I used the import functionality to activate the content. It seemed to find all my content except the new Dr. Strange table. I was in a rush so I didn't select the little download icon next to each item (planned on doing this later).
    * From my work PC (um, it was my lunch hour ok). I kicked off the remote download of each piece of PS4 content.
    * When I got home I started the PS4 ZP2 and every table was still greyed out. I went to the PS4 store and every piece of content was marked as "Installed" so I couldn't re-install any of it.
    * I deleted ZP2 (still only at the original 350MB size).
    * I could then go to the PS4 store and download ZP2 again.
    * This time I clicked on each download link for each of the pieces on content that came up as part of the import. Note that Dr Strange did not come up as part of this step. I exited the PS4 and put it in standby for a while.
    * After letting the content install I went to the PS4 store and downloaded Dr Strange Trial and Unlock.
    * Starting ZP2 on PS4 again, I could now see (and play) all tables, but not Dr Strange (couldn't even see it). If I remember right, I could not access the leaderboards either.

Ok, the way I fixed it was to go to the Account Management section on the PS4 and select Restore Licenses. Then starting ZP2 all seems to be good now. (this also fixed an issue with the Lego Marvel demo being locked after initiating the download from the webstore).

Hope this helps with anyone else experiencing (Dr) strange issues. Thanks again Zen and Barbie for allowing us to play such a great game on our PS4s. Loving the new table and will have fun trying to beat my early 350M score on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubafinch View Post
    I had some issues with the PS4 version and I managed to fix them. Steps and issues are as follows:

* I bought and downloaded the PS3 version of the Dr. Strange table. Then ran ZP2 on that platform and played a couple of minutes.
    * I downloaded the PS4 version of ZP2 from the PS4 itself. Then I used the import functionality to activate the content. It seemed to find all my content except the new Dr. Strange table. I was in a rush so I didn't select the little download icon next to each item (planned on doing this later).
    * From my work PC (um, it was my lunch hour ok). I kicked off the remote download of each piece of PS4 content.
    * When I got home I started the PS4 ZP2 and every table was still greyed out. I went to the PS4 store and every piece of content was marked as "Installed" so I couldn't re-install any of it.
    * I deleted ZP2 (still only at the original 350MB size).
    * I could then go to the PS4 store and download ZP2 again.
    * This time I clicked on each download link for each of the pieces on content that came up as part of the import. Note that Dr Strange did not come up as part of this step. I exited the PS4 and put it in standby for a while.
    * After letting the content install I went to the PS4 store and downloaded Dr Strange Trial and Unlock.
    * Starting ZP2 on PS4 again, I could now see (and play) all tables, but not Dr Strange (couldn't even see it). If I remember right, I could not access the leaderboards either.

Ok, the way I fixed it was to go to the Account Management section on the PS4 and select Restore Licenses. Then starting ZP2 all seems to be good now. (this also fixed an issue with the Lego Marvel demo being locked after initiating the download from the webstore).

Hope this helps with anyone else experiencing (Dr) strange issues. Thanks again Zen and Barbie for allowing us to play such a great game on our PS4s. Loving the new table and will have fun trying to beat my early 350M score on it!
    Thanks! And sorry this was such a hassle!

Thanks! And sorry this was such a hassle!
    No hassle. No stress. Wasn't too worried about it.

All this cross-buy stuff must be tricky for devs. Now I can hassle you for details on that Football themed table

Quote Originally Posted by Scubafinch View Post
    No hassle. No stress. Wasn't too worried about it.

All this cross-buy stuff must be tricky for devs. Now I can hassle you for details on that Football themed table
    Ohhh yes. Pretty tricky indeed. Luckily Sony has set up a system that allows us to bring these crazy ideas to life

What football table?

Sadly none of the workarounds worked for me, even doh I own the PS3 version of Epic Quest it states I can't download the PSVita Version. When I clicked more info it stated something along the lines of can't download because you already own it.

Hopefully Sony can fix this issue, otherwise I won't ever have Epic Quest on my library. Has Sony given any ETA on a fix, I know Christmas is next week so could be a while I guess.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Sony is looking into the EQ issue, however, we have a workaround! YAY!

Players will experience this issue if they have Epic Quest on the PS3 ONLY (but not on Vita).

1) Browse the store and find the Vita version of Epic Quest unlock
    -
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...NPINBALL2EPIK1

2) Add the content to the basket (it should be free if you have the PS3
    version) and proceed to checkout.

3) after this "purchase" is done, find the PS4 version
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...2PS4EPIC00000K

4) Voila! It is now available and can be added to the basket for free.
    Workaround didnt work for me,when i go to the sen site all the psvita versions of the ps3 tables i own say they are unavailable where the price should be showing and cant be added to basket.

Update: after refreshing the store a few times i was able to add the vita version of epic quest and now have access to the unlock key from the ps4 store. However i now have another problem,even though i have the trial and unlock key downloaded i still cant play the epic quest table . The only option i get is a download and play now tab when i click on download and play now im taken to the ps4 store with the trial and unlock for epic quest available to download but no matter how many times i download both the table wont unlock.

I have used the import feature also deleted everything and redownloaded multiple times with no luck,this table just doesnt want to be played.
    Last edited by TamKing; 12-20-2013 at 08:54 AM.

I know, i'm ot... but... Any news about x1 version?

Guys its seems that the Epic Quest problem is fixed.

- Official Table Guides

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I often have the problem that I'm not online in the game and can not see which friend has what points.
    Is this a Sony problem or the Program?
    and when are the new tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Icedry View Post
    I know, i'm ot... but... Any news about x1 version?
    Working on it!

I often have the problem that I'm not online in the game and can not see which friend has what points.
    Is this a Sony problem or the Program?
    and when are the new tables?
    Seems like it's a Sony thing, though we are looking into it. For now, try logging out from PSN without leaving the game, then sign in. Don't restart the console, the game should be running in the background while you log in/out. Let me know if that works or not.

I just had a 'wow' moment that I want to share with you all.

I was going through my reports from this time last year to calculate growth on our social pages and I had written: "some PSN players think we've abandoned PSN altogether."

And now you can import many of your PS3 tables to PS4. Made my day!

Hello all,

I have a problem with Marvel Pinball: Original Pack on PS4. I have a licence, but the demo part is somehow linked to the Avengers pack on UK PSN PS4 store. So, the content on the store is named Marvel Pinball Original Pack, but once selecting it you see an Icon and description of the Avengers pack. The four tables are grayed out in ZP2 and selecting it brings up a menu, where Buy option immediately dissapears (I guess this implies that licence is recognized) and offers to "download and play". Selecting this option leads to PSN store with error "Item not available". When/If this is fixed, will I have the option to download the correct pack, as PS4 store has a weird download list?
    Last edited by hudibauc; 12-21-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hudibauc View Post
    Hello all,

I have a problem with Marvel Pinball: Original Pack on PS4. I have a licence, but the demo part is somehow linked to the Avengers pack on UK PSN PS4 store. So, the content on the store is named Marvel Pinball Original Pack, but once selecting it you see an Icon and description of the Avengers pack. The four tables are grayed out in ZP2 and selecting it brings up a menu, where Buy option immediately dissapears (I guess this implies that licence is recognized) and offers to "download and play". Selecting this option leads to PSN store with error "Item not available". When/If this is fixed, will I have the option to download the correct pack, as PS4 store has a weird download list?
    That is super weird! I'll let the team know.

Hey BarbieBobomb, yeah it is. Basically both, the unlock key and trial part of Marvel Original Pack lead to same description/file of Avengers Pack on UK PS4 store. When accessing the store over the web (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com) description of add-ons is correct but initializing download to PS4 from there also does not grant you the right files. I guess some weird upload mishap happened. Thanks for looking into it. Happy xmas to you and the team.

Looks like we're live in North America!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...2PS40000000001

Away I go to download!

You are live!! I just finished downloading and importing my tables.

Just FYI, we aren't seeing Dr Strange on the ps4 version. Sit tight!

Default can't download avengers chronicles

I tried to purchase the Avengers: Chronicles pack for PS4 and ran into several problems. I was unable to purchase the pack from inside the game as it said there was no content and that the content was no longer available. I then went to the Playstation Store and found the Avengers: Chronicles pack under addons on the Zen Pinball 2 page and attempted to purchase and download the pack from there. I went to checkout and I was given the message "We're sorry, this product can not be purchased at this time followed by the error code (E-82000113) I wouldn't have minded very much, it is the first day of launch and there are bound to be bugs, except the store also took the money from my wallet that I had just deposited to purchase the pack. Hopefully your team can have this fixed and can either allow me to have my tables purchased or refund the money taken from my account.

Very sad and maybe it is still to come as an update.
    Thank you for the quick reply
    Yeah a little disappointed here that there is no multiplayer. I did use it on the Xbox side in Pinball FX 2. I may just have to keep my xbox for the time being. I really wish some of PFX2 tables would be ported over too.
    PSN ID: mdh71

I have a weird problem with Zen on PS4.

I bought the Marvel Originals pack on my PS3, then imported it into my Ps4 version (took a few attempts because of PSN being buggy) and I have now installed it and the unlock on my PS4, Problem is when I go in the game it still shows the trial versions and has the option to buy pack. If I select this it takes me to the download screen for Zen, the pack and the unlock key (which I've already installed) after I go back it changes to "Download and Play" (I've already downloaded it) Pressing this will once again take me back to the download screen, even if I download and install it again It stays on "download and play"

I've tried deleting my whole Zen Pinball data and reinstalling it again but the same thing happens. Quitting the game and returning put's the cycle back to the beginning asking me to buy it again

If I go to the store the table pack and unlock key show as purchased on my PS4 so the license is definitely there

Question Other tables?

Barbie,

Will we be getting the other tables for Zen on PS4? I don't see El Dorado, Excalibur, Mars, Shaman, Street Fighter, Tesla or V12 in my list.

I also don't see Doctor Strange...

No Ninja Gaiden either?!?
    Last edited by warlock7; 12-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Stay sane inside insanity.
    Raptr sucks now. No more PSN support without giving up your password.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanjj View Post
    I tried to purchase the Avengers: Chronicles pack for PS4 and ran into several problems. I was unable to purchase the pack from inside the game as it said there was no content and that the content was no longer available. I then went to the Playstation Store and found the Avengers: Chronicles pack under addons on the Zen Pinball 2 page and attempted to purchase and download the pack from there. I went to checkout and I was given the message "We're sorry, this product can not be purchased at this time followed by the error code (E-82000113) I wouldn't have minded very much, it is the first day of launch and there are bound to be bugs, except the store also took the money from my wallet that I had just deposited to purchase the pack. Hopefully your team can have this fixed and can either allow me to have my tables purchased or refund the money taken from my account.
    You'd have to contact Sony for a refund but what region are you in (North America or Europe)? Try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy11 View Post
    I have a weird problem with Zen on PS4.

I bought the Marvel Originals pack on my PS3, then imported it into my Ps4 version (took a few attempts because of PSN being buggy) and I have now installed it and the unlock on my PS4, Problem is when I go in the game it still shows the trial versions and has the option to buy pack. If I select this it takes me to the download screen for Zen, the pack and the unlock key (which I've already installed) after I go back it changes to "Download and Play" (I've already downloaded it) Pressing this will once again take me back to the download screen, even if I download and install it again It stays on "download and play"

I've tried deleting my whole Zen Pinball data and reinstalling it again but the same thing happens. Quitting the game and returning put's the cycle back to the beginning asking me to buy it again

If I go to the store the table pack and unlock key show as purchased on my PS4 so the license is definitely there
    Are you in North America or Europe? Try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock7 View Post
    Barbie,

Will we be getting the other tables for Zen on PS4? I don't see El Dorado, Excalibur, Mars, Shaman, Street Fighter, Tesla or V12 in my list.

I also don't see Doctor Strange...

No Ninja Gaiden either?!?
    Dr Strange is not up yet, we will post when it goes live. We were only able to bring the tables you see at launch, no plans to bring any other old tables at this time.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 12-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.

I have solved my problem with deleting zen pinball 2 and redownload just the core game which auto added all add-ons. The funny part was, that on the store the links were pointing to the right packages, while under my library the links were still broken, so I decided to re-download the whole thing.

Yeah since I bought them just the other day on ps3, I had to try a couple times to get them imported on ps4. All activated now.

Now I just need more pinball friends.

How do you play online against other people? Only seem to find hot seat and splitscreen on the same ps4.

Also anyone else having trouble with the left flipper? Sometimes it begins to flip without me touching it, and it seems it only happens on the return of the jedi table.

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    How do you play online against other people? Only seem to find hot seat and splitscreen on the same ps4.
    You can't! The game doesn't support online multiplayer. They are planning to add it later down the road, but it's not a priority at the moment. According to Zen, online multiplayer isn't played that much on the PS3 or Vita version.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    You can't! The game doesn't support online multiplayer. They are planning to add it later down the road, but it's not a priority at the moment. According to Zen, online multiplayer isn't played that much on the PS3 or Vita version.
    I for one would have loved to play online, cause at the moment there aren't many games out there for ps4 and an online function would have been an extra asset.

Dr Strange is not up yet, we will post when it goes live. We were only able to bring the tables you see at launch, no plans to bring any other old tables at this time.
    It's a shame since Excalibur was my favorite table. More generaly, i prefer classic Zen Tables (or Pinball FX exclusives ones) over Marvel or Star Wars Ones.

Anyone else think the challenges pop-up window is really small and hard to read? I have a 58" TV and can barely read the messages that pop up. This needs to have larger text, and also ability to turn it off. Also need the ability to enlarge, shrink the scoreboard on left side and move it around with the D-Pad, like on Xbox 360. Right now, you can only change the settings before you start a game.

Default Can't Import Doctor Strange Table to PS4

I purchased Doctor Strange on PS3 on Dec 31, 2013. When attempting to import Doctor Strange on PS4, it is unsuccessful in finding the table. Searched for Doctor Strange on PSN on PS4 and the table is NOT listed.

Tried the following but it didn't help

****If tables will not unlock properly, please try going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses and that should unlock it.

Doctor Strange is currently nort yet available. They are looking into the issue.

***If you are having login issues, please try logging out from PSN without leaving the game, then sign in. Don't restart the console, the game should be running in the background while you log in/out. Please post below if that workaround doesn't do the trick!

I have tried above and have also shut down and restarted PS4 as recommended in other thread. Still the game tells me to sign in first.

Needs patch, restart of servers (?) or other fix which is not local to console it seems.

Just to chime in, the PS4 leaderboards are broken for me now as well. I've tried every combination of recommended fixes, nothing has had an effect. The game client just says to sign in to PSN every time. (When I am of course signed in, and all other online / PSN functions and applications work correctly.)

Seems a reset was done! Got a message starting the game about importing tables from other platforms. Now the leaderboards are back to normal. Thanks.

I ported my tables to ps4. Scoreboards worked for a bit and now it can't find scores. I tried doing a delete/reinstall plus the sign-in out with the game in the background. Neither work. Any way to fix? Thanks

I really enjoy zen pinball and would really like to see the street fighter table added to the ps4 version I didn't have a ps3 so I cant play it if anything id like to vote for it as one to be added

Default Dr Strange PS4 table mystery?

I purchased Dr Strange on my PS3 and can access it via the PS3 and PSVita. It does not import and I cannot find it on the PS Store regardless of how I access it. PC, Phone, PS3, 4 and Vita. I did found it once when I was not logged in but when I selected it and signed in it disappeared. Please assist!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FATHASUN View Post
    I purchased Dr Strange on my PS3 and can access it via the PS3 and PSVita. It does not import and I cannot find it on the PS Store regardless of how I access it. PC, Phone, PS3, 4 and Vita. I did found it once when I was not logged in but when I selected it and signed in it disappeared. Please assist!!!
    Doctor Strange was delayed for PS4. It has not been officially posted yet on PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by teko92 View Post

I have tried above and have also shut down and restarted PS4 as recommended in other thread. Still the game tells me to sign in first.

Needs patch, restart of servers (?) or other fix which is not local to console it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
    Just to chime in, the PS4 leaderboards are broken for me now as well. I've tried every combination of recommended fixes, nothing has had an effect. The game client just says to sign in to PSN every time. (When I am of course signed in, and all other online / PSN functions and applications work correctly.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbutters View Post
    I ported my tables to ps4. Scoreboards worked for a bit and now it can't find scores. I tried doing a delete/reinstall plus the sign-in out with the game in the background. Neither work. Any way to fix? Thanks
    If you have issues with the game saying you aren't online, do a network test and that should help. Let me know if it doesn't!

So if I had Marvel Pinball but sold my PS3 before being able to import to Zen Pinball 2 I have to repurchase those tables for my PS4?

Thumbs down Table Selection for PS4

Hey there,
    I'm a fan of ZP since release on PS3, but I absolutely don't understand why there is a limited table selection for PS4. Nowadays there should be no limitation of tables for the same game on next gen consoles. At the beginning I really thought it's just the first phase, but when I read the faq I was very disappointed to hear that the missing tables (compared to PS3) are not coming. Why the hell is that as it is? What if people sell their PS3 or the device gets broken, then we have no opportunity to play the others we used to? I'm still a big fan of this game, but that fact make we feel angy and somehow betrayed. I feel kind of punished for something the community hasn't done. Please respond as I really want to know what's the reason behind this decision!!!
    Last edited by eMeL-Music; 01-24-2014 at 09:17 AM.

They have explained this many times already. It's because of Sony and the cross-buy (import) feature. Sony would only allow them to port 20 of the current tables for the cross-buy feature. They can bring over the other tables, but they will have to charge you again for them.

Junior Member Retrogammer1977SB's Avatar

I would pay for the missing tables over again.

Just a heads up - we patched the PS4 version of ZP2 to fix connectivity issues, please let me know if you are still having trouble!

Default Serious Request!!!

I don't understand why sony is limitating content, it's contra productive. They should be better prepared next time they launch a new console and have more games to offer and less functions disabled/canceled.

Hey ZenStudios please make an PS4 upgrade bundle available for 10€-20€ or at least offer the other standard bundles as you did on PS3. I would buy it all time. The PS4 console doesn't offer that much atm and I like spending time with your game, but I want to enjoy the complete ZP experience/game. Please pass this information to the right person in your company, that is allowed to decide about game content. This is a serious request!!! I'm kind of desperate about the fact that the game content is cut...

So please think about it and satisfy your loyal customers.

Quote Originally Posted by eMeL-Music View Post
    I don't understand why sony is limitating content, it's contra productive. They should be better prepared next time they launch a new console and have more games to offer and less functions disabled/canceled.

Hey ZenStudios please make an PS4 upgrade bundle available for 10€-20€ or at least offer the other standard bundles as you did on PS3. I would buy it all time. The PS4 console doesn't offer that much atm and I like spending time with your game, but I want to enjoy the complete ZP experience/game. Please pass this information to the right person in your company, that is allowed to decide about game content. This is a serious request!!! I'm kind of desperate about the fact that the game content is cut...

So please think about it and satisfy your loyal customers.
    I do understand where you are coming from I would also like the option of purchasing the rest of the tables as well. I fully appreciate getting the tables that I have so far for free due to the cross buy feature. However, it's hard to not feel like it's a partially empty experience not having all of the tables on my new system. It almost feels like if I went out and hypothetically bought the Megaman Anniversary Collection and it came with most of the Megaman games, but for some reason they left out Megaman 4, 5, and 6. Sure, I would still enjoy the rest of the Megaman games, but every time I would play it, there would be a disappointment that those 3 were missing. I may already own them on a past system, but why would I want to go and dig out my old system to replay these games when they should be available within the collection.

Maybe you should try going to twitter and asking Sony at either https://twitter.com/yosp or https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment. I asked the question of why Zen was limited to only 20 tables. I have not received a response yet, but maybe if enough people ask, somebody might get a response. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, does seem to answer fans questions quite often through Twitter, so it's worth a shot.
    P.S. - I also asked why there was a trophy cap of 96 for this new generation, when games like this and the Pinball Arcade have unique DLC that can easily hit that cap in a short amount of time. Good luck.

Default I'm not finding my free tables.

Is it possible that I was playing Hulk and Thor and the other games on Zen Pinball 1, and now can't port over my games to my 2-day old PS4? My PS3 stopped working months ago, and I don't know anyone with one. Is there anything I can do?

Dr. Strange out yet, I didn't see it among the new tables (to me) like Star Wars.

Thanks, I love my birthday present PS4!

Quote Originally Posted by Thefly0810 View Post
    I do understand where you are coming from I would also like the option of purchasing the rest of the tables as well. I fully appreciate getting the tables that I have so far for free due to the cross buy feature. However, it's hard to not feel like it's a partially empty experience not having all of the tables on my new system. It almost feels like if I went out and hypothetically bought the Megaman Anniversary Collection and it came with most of the Megaman games, but for some reason they left out Megaman 4, 5, and 6. Sure, I would still enjoy the rest of the Megaman games, but every time I would play it, there would be a disappointment that those 3 were missing. I may already own them on a past system, but why would I want to go and dig out my old system to replay these games when they should be available within the collection.

Maybe you should try going to twitter and asking Sony at either https://twitter.com/yosp or https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment. I asked the question of why Zen was limited to only 20 tables. I have not received a response yet, but maybe if enough people ask, somebody might get a response. Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, does seem to answer fans questions quite often through Twitter, so it's worth a shot.
    P.S. - I also asked why there was a trophy cap of 96 for this new generation, when games like this and the Pinball Arcade have unique DLC that can easily hit that cap in a short amount of time. Good luck.
    This is the response I received

@Knife_8

@AskPlayStation Do you know why there was a limit of only 20 tables placed on Zen Pinball 2 for the PS4? Thank you and have a great day. - 26 Jan

Ask PlayStation
    @AskPlayStation
    Follow Follow

@Knife_8 Best to contact the game developer goo.gl/tWQtOF

03:43 PM - 27 Jan 14

Quote Originally Posted by knightm7 View Post
    Is it possible that I was playing Hulk and Thor and the other games on Zen Pinball 1, and now can't port over my games to my 2-day old PS4? My PS3 stopped working months ago, and I don't know anyone with one. Is there anything I can do?
    You can get around the PS3 import issue by doing what Shogun suggests in this thread.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 01-28-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Default tables importation

Just to confirm... i bought the star wars - balance of the force table on PS4... and i discovered here on the forum that there is no possibility to import on vita/ps3...

The only way is to buy again for vita or ps3?
    #feelingsorry

João Eduardo Barioni

Default Remove Table

Hey all - I have ps4 and i love Zen Pinball2. But the question is....
    Is possible remove one table from the list in the main menu?

Thanks
    d.

not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by devidro View Post
    Hey all - I have ps4 and i love Zen Pinball2. But the question is....
    Is possible remove one table from the list in the main menu?

Thanks
    d.
    I think you'd have to delete the entire game, then only re-download the ones you want.

Default Shared tables

In our house we all play Zen Pinball 2. On the ps3 we had quite a few tables. Once we got the 4 we quickly uploaded the available tables but we have run in to an issue... I can only play the ones I bought my daughter cant play any we bought and my husband can only play the ones he bought. Am I doing something wrong? Or do we each need to buy the table separately? (oh I sure hope not )

Quote Originally Posted by BluntLadee View Post
    In our house we all play Zen Pinball 2. On the ps3 we had quite a few tables. Once we got the 4 we quickly uploaded the available tables but we have run in to an issue... I can only play the ones I bought my daughter cant play any we bought and my husband can only play the ones he bought. Am I doing something wrong? Or do we each need to buy the table separately? (oh I sure hope not )
    You can only import them within the same account, so as long as they were all bought on the same PSN account, you should be okay. If you are using just one account and they still aren't importing, let me know which tables are causing trouble and I'll help you out.

Default Epic Quest Bug

I, Barbie

I've just play this afternoon with Epic Quest on my PS4 and I would report to you an bug. The ball block on the trigger just before the mill. Sound game continue a while, about one or two minute, the ball disappear and come back on the lancher. It's look like very strange.
    Thank's to inform the crew.
    Gamely, Gilles
    Last edited by Woodpeeker; 03-30-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Sorry if this was answered before, but can the new tables (SW: heroes within and future tables ) be imported to ps4 if I buy them from my vita? I know the old tables can be imported but new and future tables?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Javalens View Post
    Sorry if this was answered before, but can the new tables (SW: heroes within and future tables ) be imported to ps4 if I buy them from my vita? I know the old tables can be imported but new and future tables?

Yes, since the download page is showing three different version (PSV, PS3 and PS4) and there are no information on cross-buy. Please confirm on this. Thank you.

The most frequently asked question about the PS4 should be: who thought it best to have Earth Defense and not Mars on the PS4?

I have Mars on the PC and PS3 yes, but it should be on the PS4. It's the most Zen table that Zen has in its line up; you can just turn off the DMD and 'Zen out' on Mars, but you left it out of the PS4 game

P.S. l am considering adding a signature to say something about what kind of liquid the 'kin sea is full of!

Quote Originally Posted by Javalens View Post

Yes, all tables going forward can be imported to PS4 from either Vita or PS3.

Cool, thanks!

Last edited by Javalens; 05-02-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Question about being able to play Super League Football table bought on PS3 after importing to PS4?
    I bought Super League Football table from Zen 2 Pinball on PS3 and played for about 15 minutes. Then I used to PS4 to import the the talbe but PS4 Zen Pinball 2 said there was no table to import. So I redo the step to buy the (team) and the Super League Football table on my PS4. PSN did not charge me anything for the download. Unfortunately now I only see the trial table on my PS3! Is it a bug or something? Should I be able to play the table on both the PS4 and PS3 after importing the table from PS3 to PS4?

Default Import table OK from PS3 to PS4

Quote Originally Posted by vivison View Post
    Question about being able to play Super League Football table bought on PS3 after importing to PS4?
    I bought Super League Football table from Zen 2 Pinball on PS3 and played for about 15 minutes. Then I used to PS4 to import the the talbe but PS4 Zen Pinball 2 said there was no table to import. So I redo the step to buy the (team) and the Super League Football table on my PS4. PSN did not charge me anything for the download. Unfortunately now I only see the trial table on my PS3! Is it a bug or something? Should I be able to play the table on both the PS4 and PS3 after importing the table from PS3 to PS4?
    My bad. I just have to download the table again from PS3 to play. So the answer is YES, I bought SLF table from PS3 then import the table to PS4 and can play the table on both my PS3 and PS4 anytime.

Default Street Fighter table for ps4?

Hello,

I recently downloaded this for ps4 and I have purchased this on my ps3 years ago. I saw online that a recent update included some new tables, Street Fighter being one of them. When I looked for it over the weekend, I was not able to find this table.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican170 View Post
    Hello,

I recently downloaded this for ps4 and I have purchased this on my ps3 years ago. I saw online that a recent update included some new tables, Street Fighter being one of them. When I looked for it over the weekend, I was not able to find this table.

Any help?
    Weird, PSN had some sort of error last night and when it was fixed, I found the table. But I also noticed that all of my high scores were gone from online. Did anyone else have this problem? Its weird, it shows those high scores as "local high scores" but it is not linked to online anymore... I was thinking maybe it had to do with the PSN having issues?