X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joaomelo
    • Jul 2014

Good Sign!!!!

Hi barbieBoBomb

In the polygon article about Pinball Fx 2 on Xbox One, there´s a quote from a MS Spokesman saying that they are working with Zen Studios to bring the feature to transfer add-on content from xbox 360 to xbox one...

"Polygon reached out to a Microsoft representative to ask if the limitation facing cross-platform compatibility was in the hardware itself, the Xbox Live Marketplace or something else. This story will be updated with any response.

Update: A Microsoft spokesman replied that "with Xbox One, you are able to transfer add-on content from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for certain titles. We are working with Zen Studios to bring this feature to Pinball FX 2."

So, it´s true??? We can be happy about it now???

Sorry from my bad english

Comment

• wims
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BBIAJ
      "From the beginning, Microsoft definitely not assure with the tremendous work of Zen Studios. For example, patches to fix some bugs on XBox360 are difficult to achieve apparently because of the cost. While on PSN or Steam (which is also a Microsoft Support for PC), it costs nothing!"

This bit is just wrong, and out of date.

It used to be that your first game patch with Microsoft would be free (hence developers working really hard to make their first patch fixed as much as possible), after that, it would cost $10,000 per patch.

It is for this reason that games such as Brutal Legend were never patched further to fix game breaking bugs, as the cost to do so was so high.

But then, things started to change.

Mojang brokered a special deal with Microsoft to waive the patch charges for Minecraft (can you imagine what that would have cost with its constant updates!!?), and a similar deal was done with Undead Labs for State of Decay, and shortly thereafter, the patch fee was dropped entirely.

But through all of this, people were constantly singing the praises of how it is free to patch Sony games on the PSN, when in fact, they had in place a similar, if not identical, patch charging system as Microsoft.

I believe this has changed now also, so that it is free to patch on the Sony platform as well, but don't quote me on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks for this details, but I really not understand.

So the first patch is free, and next upgrades or patchs costs 10.000$ each one.

Tell me what Microsoft have to do for 10.000$ !! May be they need 100 more employees for an update ? (so give me 10.000$ and I will personaly push the button). Or is it a special fine for developpers ? Sorry I won't engage another console war but I just call that "easy money" !

May be Sony has a similar patch / upgade charging system (I really don't care about that) but it supports cross-buy system too. All the rest is a political problem Microsoft wanna speak to justify the question on each morning brainstorming : hey guys, who can push the button for free ?

I really can't undersand why Microsoft has spended thousands millions on the XBoX One Project and couldn't follow his first logic on the long time (when XBox360 was realesed, first XBox games worked on it too). That just a genese. But it's really hard for studios when their vows are to preserve their gamers community they already purchased a licence with Microsoft.

I don't like this politic. World is crumbling down with all that sheet. Sorry for this "apparté", let's return to other real feedbacks
      French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Comment

• game04
        • Jul 2014

dlc xbox 360 to xbox one transfer

the interview with polygon makes it sound like they will implement it soon, i hope its by launch. They should issue an official statement soon i hope

Comment

• BBIAJ
          • May 2014

It would have to be at launch, or at least, well advertised if it were to be soon after, imagine the backlash if people started buying tables, and then they implemented the crossbuy feature?

After what happened after the initial announcement of having to pay for all the tables over again, it doesn't bear thinking about...

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by joaomelo
            Hi barbieBoBomb

In the polygon article about Pinball Fx 2 on Xbox One, there´s a quote from a MS Spokesman saying that they are working with Zen Studios to bring the feature to transfer add-on content from xbox 360 to xbox one...

"Polygon reached out to a Microsoft representative to ask if the limitation facing cross-platform compatibility was in the hardware itself, the Xbox Live Marketplace or something else. This story will be updated with any response.

Update: A Microsoft spokesman replied that "with Xbox One, you are able to transfer add-on content from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for certain titles. We are working with Zen Studios to bring this feature to Pinball FX 2."

So, it´s true??? We can be happy about it now???

Sorry from my bad english
            Nothing to confirm at this point, but like I said, I'm optimistic we can make something happen. I'll post as soon as we have details on what we can work out. Stay positive

Comment

• SpieleNerd
              • Nov 2010

=(

So there will be no :

Speed Machine
              Extreme
              Agents
              Buccaneer
              Nightmare Mansion
              Rocky and Bullwinkle
              Street Fighter II Turbo

??

Comment

• BBIAJ
                • May 2014

Zen are working on porting them over at a later date, according to the Polygon article.

Comment

• Rafie
                  • May 2012

If they are going to bring those tables to Xbox One, then that means that they are completely redoing those tables. They have different coding than the more recent tables. I hope that we see all tables from PBFX1 and 2 (except for Ms. Splosion Man) on the PS side.
                  PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                  Gamertag- RAFIE82
                  YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                  Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Thefly0810
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Rafie
                    I hope that we see all tables from PBFX1 and 2 (except for Ms. Splosion Man) on the PS side.
                    The completionist in me agrees with you in wanting to see all those tables but I would just be happy with the PBFX2 Core pack coming to PSN, like with the Xbox 1.

Comment

• Rafie
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Thefly0810
                      The completionist in me agrees with you in wanting to see all those tables but I would just be happy with the PBFX2 Core pack coming to PSN, like with the Xbox 1.
                      I say that because about the PBFX 1 tables because if they are going to re-release them on the XBox One for PBFX2, then that means that they would have the same coding as ZP2 and could be compatible with a release on the PS side. However, I do agree with you. If I had to choose, then I would rather have the PBFX2 Core pack.
                      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                      Gamertag- RAFIE82
                      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• OrangeCrush
                        • Jul 2014

Hugely Disappointed!!

I was really excited that this was coming to Xbox One as I have bought every table released to date and am a HUGE fan of Pinball FX2. I cant even estimate how many hours I have put into it. That being said, to expect everyone to rebuy all of the tables is absolutely ludicrous. You say this wasn't something that MS would allow with XBox One, but I am just not buying that. There has to be some way to issue tables to people that already own them, at the very least for a heavily discounted price. You could issue refunds on your end, outside of MS. At the very least, that would give some of our money back on tables already purchased. I am just not buying that there is no way to go about doing anything about this situation. Again, to expect people to buy all 40+ tables again is just absurd. Your talking about a significant amount of money and I for one just refuse to do it. All this policy is going to do is push loyal customers away.

If you really were forced into going this route then you should just bite the bullet and release your entire past library as a single package for $19.99, to everyone, regardless of wether someone owned the tables on the 360 or not. Release everything as a single package and start fresh. You can go on to make money on your new tables that get released after the fact. Its not like you haven't already made money on the vast maority of your tables. Sure, you would be losing some potential income, but in my eyes that is VASTLY preferable to losing a significant portion of your fanbase, which you most certainly will if you make everyone rebuy the tables. Just look at some of the responses in this thread. Going this route, your going to lose in the end. Release your entire library up to this point, with the exception of maybe your newest tables, for a price like $19.99 and not only do you make your installed Xbox 360 fanbase happy, but you will also bring in a lot of new people as that would be an amazing deal to anyone new to the series. Its a win win scenario in regards to making gamers happy, at the cost of losing some potential income. You would probably wind up making that loss of potential income back anyways, as any new tables that you do wind up releasing will just sell that much better if you wind up going the single package route that I described as your fanbase would be intact and more than willing to buy new tables. You go the route your going and any new tables you release are going to make just that much less, due to people boycotting the franchise altogether. Again, its a win win scenario for gamers if you go the single package route, which in the end is a win win for you on any new tables you release.

Oh well, this is the very reason why I have absolutely no plans to ever sell my 360. I will continue to play FX2 and the tables I already own on my 360. You wont be seeing penny one from me for XBox One, and possibly any new tables that come out from this point forward. As much as I love your game, I just can't support this kind of business model. Not only is it wrong, it sets a TERRIBLE precidence in the gamig market.

You push someone long enough and eventually they will push back. That is a fact! The gaming industry has been very greedy as of late in regards to remakes and HD updates. Last of Us for PS4 is the latest example. $59.99 for an updated game, one that has already gone on to be HUGELY profitable. Its as greedy as greedy gets and the fact that they ultimately dropped the price to $49.99, due to people complaining, is 100% proof of that fact. Even $49.99 is an insult and anyone that winds up paying that price is only hurting the industry as it will show other companies that they can do the same thing and get away with it. But again, you push people long enough and they will push back. Developers have been pushing gamers for some time now. Making people buy all of the tables again for the Xbox One is just another perfect example. Just don't be surprised when gamers start pushing back!!

Comment

• BBIAJ
                          • May 2014

Wow, that was quite the anger fuelled rant.

Whilst I can appreciate your frustration, you don't once acknowledge the fact that Zen have said that they are working closely with MS to try and come up with some kind of solution, what that might be, no-one outside of Zen and MS themselves know yet.

And from what Barbie has been posting these past few days, they are close to announcing something good soon, hopefully.

But feel free to carry on ranting and raving, going off topic, complaining about Sony and TLoU, because that's all totally relevant to the subject at hand here ;o)

Fingers crossed that even if a total crossbuy feature can't be implemented, at the very least, some sort of discount sales bundle package can be, as you suggest.

Comment

• Rafie
                            • May 2012

Well the gamer had to vent his frustrations somewhere, why not Zen? However, I hope he/she did the same thing on the MS side (not that anyone needs to be yelled at or anything). There's a lot of holes in that rant that should be addressed. However, I won't be the one to address them. Also have to agree about the TLoU which is totally irrelevant here. Still, I'm actually going to oblige it. Now I won't get into a debate about it or anything in that nature.

The game is 50 bucks. Okay. It's not a ripoff because the FANS demanded the game be on the PS4. It's an okay deal. You get a game that's retailing on Amazon for 30 bucks for PS3 with DLC included that prices at 20 bucks along with higher res and framerates,etc on the newer platform. This game is for those *like me* who haven't played the game at all and is playing it for the first time. So we'll be playing the definitive version. Xbox gamers who switched over to PlayStation will get a chance to play the game as well. The value of the game is subjective to the gamer. Everyone's taste is different and those who have the game on the PS3 already may not see this as good value. Just saying it's another way to look at it. Tomb Raider, GTAV, etc have gotten or is getting the same "definitive version" treatment, yet I don't see a lot of people hating on that.

My apologies for the off topic post. I just wanted to give this person another way to look at how that particular game is being marketed.
                            PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                            Gamertag- RAFIE82
                            YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                            Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by OrangeCrush
                              I was really excited that this was coming to Xbox One as I have bought every table released to date and am a HUGE fan of Pinball FX2. I cant even estimate how many hours I have put into it. That being said, to expect everyone to rebuy all of the tables is absolutely ludicrous. You say this wasn't something that MS would allow with XBox One, but I am just not buying that. There has to be some way to issue tables to people that already own them, at the very least for a heavily discounted price. You could issue refunds on your end, outside of MS. At the very least, that would give some of our money back on tables already purchased. I am just not buying that there is no way to go about doing anything about this situation. Again, to expect people to buy all 40+ tables again is just absurd. Your talking about a significant amount of money and I for one just refuse to do it. All this policy is going to do is push loyal customers away.

If you really were forced into going this route then you should just bite the bullet and release your entire past library as a single package for $19.99, to everyone, regardless of wether someone owned the tables on the 360 or not. Release everything as a single package and start fresh. You can go on to make money on your new tables that get released after the fact. Its not like you haven't already made money on the vast maority of your tables. Sure, you would be losing some potential income, but in my eyes that is VASTLY preferable to losing a significant portion of your fanbase, which you most certainly will if you make everyone rebuy the tables. Just look at some of the responses in this thread. Going this route, your going to lose in the end. Release your entire library up to this point, with the exception of maybe your newest tables, for a price like $19.99 and not only do you make your installed Xbox 360 fanbase happy, but you will also bring in a lot of new people as that would be an amazing deal to anyone new to the series. Its a win win scenario in regards to making gamers happy, at the cost of losing some potential income. You would probably wind up making that loss of potential income back anyways, as any new tables that you do wind up releasing will just sell that much better if you wind up going the single package route that I described as your fanbase would be intact and more than willing to buy new tables. You go the route your going and any new tables you release are going to make just that much less, due to people boycotting the franchise altogether. Again, its a win win scenario for gamers if you go the single package route, which in the end is a win win for you on any new tables you release.

Oh well, this is the very reason why I have absolutely no plans to ever sell my 360. I will continue to play FX2 and the tables I already own on my 360. You wont be seeing penny one from me for XBox One, and possibly any new tables that come out from this point forward. As much as I love your game, I just can't support this kind of business model. Not only is it wrong, it sets a TERRIBLE precidence in the gamig market.

You push someone long enough and eventually they will push back. That is a fact! The gaming industry has been very greedy as of late in regards to remakes and HD updates. Last of Us for PS4 is the latest example. $59.99 for an updated game, one that has already gone on to be HUGELY profitable. Its as greedy as greedy gets and the fact that they ultimately dropped the price to $49.99, due to people complaining, is 100% proof of that fact. Even $49.99 is an insult and anyone that winds up paying that price is only hurting the industry as it will show other companies that they can do the same thing and get away with it. But again, you push people long enough and they will push back. Developers have been pushing gamers for some time now. Making people buy all of the tables again for the Xbox One is just another perfect example. Just don't be surprised when gamers start pushing back!!
                              While I appreciate you letting us know how you feel - please see my responses above - we are working on a way to get content transfers from 360 to Xbox One. As soon as we have news on how that will work, I will post it. We are working with Microsoft to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Comment

• BBIAJ
                                • May 2014

Well said Barbie, it's as if he just didn't read or see anything you had written, despite referencing other responses in this thread.

I look forward to any incoming news you have to share with us, release day is just over a week away, so hopefully something can be sorted before then!

Comment

Working...