Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: Pinball FX 2 crashing issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default Pinball FX 2 crashing issues

    Hi

    Since friday, each time i want to play with pinball fx 2, it crashes at Zen Studios logo. Even after hard reset or reinstallation, i got same issues. The game was fine on thursday. I was able to import all my x360 tables without problems.

    Anyone got the same issues ?

    thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Exclamation

    Right in the middle of a Twitch stream, Xbox One of course, I was just up to 40 million on Paranormal which is legendary for me, then the game buzzzzzed then froze up and crashed.

    Now like this guy above, even after a cold boot. The game gets to the ESRB fine, then crashes to Xbox One dashboard. Game won't start. Ok Zen, you owe me 40 million ;p At least hot fix the game so it will start again.

    SBVIPER

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9

    Default Mines the same... crashes at ZEN logo and wont start.

    Quote Originally Posted by T1MEK0DE View Post
    Hi

    Since friday, each time i want to play with pinball fx 2, it crashes at Zen Studios logo. Even after hard reset or reinstallation, i got same issues. The game was fine on thursday. I was able to import all my x360 tables without problems.

    Anyone got the same issues ?

    thanks.
    It happens the same with mine, it wont get past the zen logo. it worked fine yesterday then today it wont load at all. ive tried everything but still wont work.
    bloody annoying as ive just bought every table on the game.

  4. #4
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Unhappy

    Believe it or not, this is actually a good thing for all of us. If it were an isolated incident, Zen might take their time to correct it, however, the more people that have this issue, the more Zen is going to have to jump on this and get our games working.

    It also helps if any of the Zen staff can reproduce the problem otherwise if could be difficult to find a fix.

    The really odd part of this glitch is the fact that AFTER uninstalling and downloading again, it still won't start up. So that brings up the question; What did the game do to our Xbox One's that's keeping it from working? I really don't want to have to download ALL the tables again, but that couldn't be a solution.

    Come on Zen, please acknowledge this problem.

    Cheers!

  5. #5

    Default

    Well aware and investigating - just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean we aren't listening!

  6. #6
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Well aware and investigating - just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean we aren't listening!
    Sorry Barbie, my impatientness is only superceded by my anxiousness to play!! You are as always, The BOMB! ;p

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Well aware and investigating - just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean we aren't listening!
    Thanks for investigating.. I look forward to the problem being ressolved, as this was one of my best games on the 360 and it made my day when i saw it available on the xbox one

    Thanks again

  8. #8
    Member UseLessUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Greetings,

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Well aware and investigating - just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean we aren't listening!
    Happens with all the women in my life... vision but no sound... I know... I must be gifted

  9. #9
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Hey Barbie! I don't think it would be related to FX2 crashing in same spot every time but I should let you know that I am
    part of Microsoft's early access dashboard preview program.

    Might want to cross-reference that with the others who are experiencing the same thing.

    Please tell them it would be super if they could have us back up and running in time for The Walking Dead release!

    Cheers!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    yeah same here, i'm a member of the preview dashboard program

    I installed Pinball FX2 on the 1408 version of the dashboard. I was able to play one day and after it crashes at every boot
    Then I updated my xbox one to 1409 version and Pinball FX 2 is still crashing at Zen Studios logo.

    greets

    .TK

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBVIPER View Post

    Now like this guy above, even after a cold boot. The game gets to the ESRB fine, then crashes to Xbox One dashboard. Game won't start. Ok Zen, you owe me 40 million ;p At least hot fix the game so it will start again.

    SBVIPER
    Same for me. Tried everything - cold boot, emptying cache, unistall and reinstall. Really random as I played, then walked away for about an hour and then came back and it was crashing.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T1MEK0DE View Post
    yeah same here, i'm a member of the preview dashboard program

    I installed Pinball FX2 on the 1408 version of the dashboard. I was able to play one day and after it crashes at every boot
    Then I updated my xbox one to 1409 version and Pinball FX 2 is still crashing at Zen Studios logo.

    greets

    .TK
    O yeah im a member of the preview program, I wonder whether that is what is causing the problems. Ive sent it back as feedback on the xbox as well. so make sure you all have then at least the preview team can look at it from there end.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    317

    Default

    I'm in the September preview and have only had one hard crash mid-game, and that was when I was in last month's August dash.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBVIPER View Post
    Hey Barbie! I don't think it would be related to FX2 crashing in same spot every time but I should let you know that I am
    part of Microsoft's early access dashboard preview program.

    Might want to cross-reference that with the others who are experiencing the same thing.

    Please tell them it would be super if they could have us back up and running in time for The Walking Dead release!

    Cheers!
    Thanks!!

  15. #15

    Default

    I've had one crash occurrence with myself, it was at the bit at the end where it's totting up the scores etc., only thing I could say that might have had something to do with it is I made a huge leap up the leader board and indeed when it was about to visual the move up is when it bombed out, an additional thing I noticed is I wasn't showing at the bottom of the leader board ready to show the move up, it a was duplicate entry instead, in this case the player at 5th position.

    Fortunately it didn't completely kill out the game and my score came away intact.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandSpirit View Post
    I've had one crash occurrence with myself, it was at the bit at the end where it's totting up the scores etc., only thing I could say that might have had something to do with it is I made a huge leap up the leader board and indeed when it was about to visual the move up is when it bombed out, an additional thing I noticed is I wasn't showing at the bottom of the leader board ready to show the move up, it a was duplicate entry instead, in this case the player at 5th position.

    Fortunately it didn't completely kill out the game and my score came away intact.
    Are you also part of the preview program that others have mentioned above? Let me know

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Pinball FX2 crash

    This has happened to me as well. I was in the middle of the game (doing rather well,I might add ) , when the game froze with a loud buzz. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but to no avail. When I load it up, it gets to the ESRB screen, then goes back to the dashboard. I am a member of the preview program as well., if that makes a difference.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Are you also part of the preview program that others have mentioned above? Let me know
    Sorry yes, I am part of the preview program.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    317

    Default

    This is the weird thing, I'm also a member of the preview program (1409 now), and have only ever had one mid-game crash.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

  20. #20
    Member UseLessUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Greetings,

    Just a FYI.

    I am also in the preview program and have had no issues at all, with the game crashing etc, other than a single instance of the game stuttering once and it's not happened since.

  21. #21
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Red face

    Ok Barbie, I have an update for you. I was able to get the game working again by:

    1: Go to Settings
    2: Go to System
    3: Clear local game saves.

    People won't lose their place in Xbox One games because all your saves are on the cloud! (Thank God)
    When I booted back up, FX2 came up. I played a full game of Paranormal (55 mil) and no issues.

    This might not be a permanent fix as to what's causing everyone's buzz crash but it did get me going for now.

    Here's an oddity, when I brought FX2 back up for the first time, under the Zen Original tables list, at the bottom
    were three of the oldies Zen hasn't transferred yet, (Excalibur, Earth Defense) etc. the icons were grayed out then
    2 seconds later they disappeared like they weren't suppose to show up yet. Very odd indeed.

    Until Zen figures out what's causing the crashes in the first place. I hope this technique will at least get people up and running
    again.

    Good Luck,

    SBVIPER

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9

    Default this has worked for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by SBVIPER View Post
    Ok Barbie, I have an update for you. I was able to get the game working again by:

    1: Go to Settings
    2: Go to System
    3: Clear local game saves.

    People won't lose their place in Xbox One games because all your saves are on the cloud! (Thank God)
    When I booted back up, FX2 came up. I played a full game of Paranormal (55 mil) and no issues.

    This might not be a permanent fix as to what's causing everyone's buzz crash but it did get me going for now.

    Here's an oddity, when I brought FX2 back up for the first time, under the Zen Original tables list, at the bottom
    were three of the oldies Zen hasn't transferred yet, (Excalibur, Earth Defense) etc. the icons were grayed out then
    2 seconds later they disappeared like they weren't suppose to show up yet. Very odd indeed.

    Until Zen figures out what's causing the crashes in the first place. I hope this technique will at least get people up and running
    again.

    Good Luck,

    SBVIPER

    This has worked for me, ill report back if any further issues occur. Cheers SBVIPER

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBVIPER View Post
    Ok Barbie, I have an update for you. I was able to get the game working again by:

    1: Go to Settings
    2: Go to System
    3: Clear local game saves.

    People won't lose their place in Xbox One games because all your saves are on the cloud! (Thank God)
    When I booted back up, FX2 came up. I played a full game of Paranormal (55 mil) and no issues.

    This might not be a permanent fix as to what's causing everyone's buzz crash but it did get me going for now.

    Here's an oddity, when I brought FX2 back up for the first time, under the Zen Original tables list, at the bottom
    were three of the oldies Zen hasn't transferred yet, (Excalibur, Earth Defense) etc. the icons were grayed out then
    2 seconds later they disappeared like they weren't suppose to show up yet. Very odd indeed.

    Until Zen figures out what's causing the crashes in the first place. I hope this technique will at least get people up and running
    again.

    Good Luck,

    SBVIPER
    YAY thanks for letting me know!

    If anyone else is able to get it to work this way, please let me know!

  24. #24
    Senior Member SBVIPER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SenileElf View Post
    This has worked for me, ill report back if any further issues occur. Cheers SBVIPER
    Greetings, my pinhead Brother! Welcome to the forums and Cheers to you as well.

    Glad you got your game working.

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    well, i didnt try the "clear cache" thing yet but if i uninstall all my tables (i own 12 packs) the game is not crashing anymore.

    I think i ll try to install each table one by one to check which one is causing troubles.


    .TK

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandSpirit View Post
    I've had one crash occurrence with myself, it was at the bit at the end where it's totting up the scores etc., only thing I could say that might have had something to do with it is I made a huge leap up the leader board and indeed when it was about to visual the move up is when it bombed out, an additional thing I noticed is I wasn't showing at the bottom of the leader board ready to show the move up, it a was duplicate entry instead, in this case the player at 5th position.

    Fortunately it didn't completely kill out the game and my score came away intact.
    Thought I would mention that it has crashed on me again, again same position with significant movement up the leader board, showed positions 1-4 and then me in 10th which was my old position, my new position being 7th and when it came to showing my movement up the board my name and score slowly moved down and bam, back to dash.

  27. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Question XB1 Pinball FX ((( non working / Crashes )))

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Well aware and investigating - just because you don't get a response right away doesn't mean we aren't listening!
    I contacted Microsoft / XBOX Division.., and was referred to here. All My games and Apps work 100% fine on my XB1 Except ((( Pinball FX 2 ))).

    The game loads and says PRESS ( A ) Button to Start.., Been there.., done that...

    Then XB1 asks me to select Profile to play the game.., Only My Profile on My XB1.., thus.., I selected my Profile...

    Then it goes to the Pinball FX 2 Loading Profile screen and simply Freezes up and a couple of seconds later returns me back to my XB1's Home page...

    I've done everything I can think of: Uninstalling, Resetting my console, Deleting all my game saves.., I'm out of ideas...

    Does anyone have a solution ???

    PLEASE HELP ...

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Have you tried a factory reset? Bit drastic, especially if you don't have your games stored on an external HDD, but it's an option.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

  29. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy XB1 Pinball FX ((( non working / Crashes )))

    Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    Have you tried a factory reset? Bit drastic, especially if you don't have your games stored on an external HDD, but it's an option.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ
    I've already been informed that if only one Game or App is not working but all the rest of your Games and Apps work fine.., then RESTORING your console to the factory settings will not solve the problem.

    The issue simply is the Programming within the one Game or App that is having problems.

  30. #30

    Default

    This game randomly kicks me back to dashboard as well at the first logo (the big logo with the several characters and a pinball layout in the background). Once it passes that graphic and shows the Zen Studios logo, it's smooth sailing from there.

    I am always signed in to my One & always online.

  31. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy Pinball FX2 STILL NOT WORKING on Xbox One

    Quote Originally Posted by Adama64 View Post
    I've already been informed that if only one Game or App is not working but all the rest of your Games and Apps work fine.., then RESTORING your console to the factory settings will not solve the problem.

    The issue simply is the Programming within the one Game or App that is having problems.
    I just restored my console to Factory Settings tonight at 12:20 AM AUGUST 28 2014 and reinstalled Pinball FX2 as my last extreme option I had available to me.., Sorry to inform every one.., but that extreme measure FAILED as well...

    Does ANYONE have a SOLUTION to this problem ??? PLEASE HELP... Thank You...

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adama64 View Post
    I just restored my console to Factory Settings tonight at 12:20 AM AUGUST 28 2014 and reinstalled Pinball FX2 as my last extreme option I had available to me.., Sorry to inform every one.., but that extreme measure FAILED as well...

    Does ANYONE have a SOLUTION to this problem ??? PLEASE HELP... Thank You...
    Did you try the suggestions listed a few comments up in post #21?

  33. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy Pinball FX2 STILL NOT WORKING on Xbox One

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Did you try the suggestions listed a few comments up in post #21?
    I followed even the suggestion in number 21, as you suggested; I've deleted everything on my console, I've restored it to factory settings; I've Uninstalled everything several times; I've cleared the cache several times.

    I can't even get this game to work by itself.., with no other downloaded tables and with no other games on my hard drive.., and it still will not work...

    I even paid for new tables for the XB1, and it still will not work...

    I GIVE UP !!! I'll just have to deal with not having PINBALL FX2 on my XB1...

    At least all of my other games that I download and install work with not one single problem.., Got to look at the positive..,

    CHEERS EVERYONE...

  34. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I had the same issue today, make a hard reset, reinstall, nothing work.

    Delete my pinball fx 2 save on xbox and tried again, everything works fine.

    I am NOT in any MS beta program.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •