Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch and DLC news (patch out now worldwide!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Solitute for listening to our feedback!

"% display as an option" - just to be clear here, we are talking about the whole Direct swing mechanics, which now are completely different than the original version of the game, and not only the actual display of the % on screen?

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by spacejumper View Post
      Thanks to Solitute for listening to our feedback!

"% display as an option" - just to be clear here, we are talking about the whole Direct swing mechanics, which now are completely different than the original version of the game, and not only the actual display of the % on screen?

cheers!
      Right. We don't want to make a knee-jerk decision on the mechanic itself, though - once people have had time to get used to the change, then we have a better idea whether it needs to be reverted. Old players will obviously have a preference for the mechanic they have been using, even if it is not as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
        Right. We don't want to make a knee-jerk decision on the mechanic itself, though - once people have had time to get used to the change, then we have a better idea whether it needs to be reverted. Old players will obviously have a preference for the mechanic they have been using, even if it is not as good.
        Solitude, thanks for clearing this one up!

Still this one does not put my mind (and I am sure other people feel the same) at ease. Why just not offer both mechanics into the Options menu? You can make the one you feel it is better the default one and have the second one as an option for the crowd that got initially used with it. This in my oppinion would be a fair compromise.

Because right now the game feels unplayable for many, I am not really sure how much time the old players will spend going through all the frustration the new mechanic causes. Probably you have some stats and reporting on the back end and hopefully they will give you an accurate image of what is actually going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler View Post
          i have one question about the new patch.
          you said it adds 3-person MP, but i can't find that option.
          when i want to set up an local game it still only shows 2, 4 and 6 player options.
          how can i set up a game for 3 ppl?
          I have the same problem. I'm using Move, maybe 3-player local multiplayer is not supported by Move (that would be stupid :P)?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler View Post
            i have one question about the new patch.
            you said it adds 3-person MP, but i can't find that option.
            when i want to set up an local game it still only shows 2, 4 and 6 player options.
            how can i set up a game for 3 ppl?
            This may have been an oversight on our part. I'm looking into it.

Comment

How do I set Left-handed controls with Move

I like the Move support, but one problem. How do I set it up for a left-handed person?

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                I like the Move support, but one problem. How do I set it up for a left-handed person?
                If you are playing alone just go into game options (press Start, and then options) and change stance (you will see small silhouette with move). Regarding multiplayer, you choose stance, as you would choose a controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhu View Post
                  If you are playing alone just go into game options (press Start, and then options) and change stance (you will see small silhouette with move). Regarding multiplayer, you choose stance, as you would choose a controller.
                  Thanks for the helpful info! One small addition: to change this in game options, I believe you need to do so before you start a game, rather than during the game.

Comment

memorable aftsili

Very strange. I looked all over the place for it. I could not find it. I wonder if there was an issue with the update. I will try to re-install the game. I had bought originally the first day it came out.

Comment

User courses and Online gaming gone!!

Hi,

As i wrote in http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=2478
                      I can neither access any user-defined courses (they are not even showing up, it just says "communication failed") nor can I play Online-Multiplayer any more.
                      On the top-level menu, it says "Entfällt" for the user courses what can be translated to English as smthg like "not applicable".

This is since I installed the patch today!! And yes, my Internet connection is ok.

What happened here?
                      Please help!

Btw, I have the German version of the game, country setting "Switzerland".

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info! One small addition: to change this in game options, I believe you need to do so before you start a game, rather than during the game.
                        This is correct. I was looking in game at the options.

Ok, I got it. Thanks.

By the way, any chance Zen is going to do a Planet Minigolf pinball table for Zen Pinball?

Comment

3 player local?

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                          This may have been an oversight on our part. I'm looking into it.
                          I really hope the lack of 3 player local play will be fixed. I even bought the stronghold island addon because it supposedly has 3 player local... no dice. Seriously frustrating. I don't want to have to play the fourth player when there is only 3 of us playing.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyeight View Post
                            I really hope the lack of 3 player local play will be fixed. I even bought the stronghold island addon because it supposedly has 3 player local... no dice. Seriously frustrating. I don't want to have to play the fourth player when there is only 3 of us playing.
                            I informed the team last week that it wasn't working properly in local mode - should be fixed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HoleMan View Post
                              Hi,

As i wrote in http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=2478
                              I can neither access any user-defined courses (they are not even showing up, it just says "communication failed") nor can I play Online-Multiplayer any more.
                              On the top-level menu, it says "Entfällt" for the user courses what can be translated to English as smthg like "not applicable".

This is since I installed the patch today!! And yes, my Internet connection is ok.

What happened here?
                              Please help!

Btw, I have the German version of the game, country setting "Switzerland".
                              Is there any news on this?
                              Unfortunately, the problem persists. In the meantime, I also purchased and installed the new Mediterranean courses (great fun, btw!), but no change. The user courses and online gaming remain unavailable. Please help!
                              Thanks.

Regards

Comment

Thanks & Suggestions

Hi Solitude,
                                First of all, well done and thanks for addressing peoples complaints/issues. Its always good to see fans getting supported by the game makers.

Secondly, about the offline multiplayer.
                                Is there any more news of when 3-player will be supported, ie, when the next patch is coming?

I also have some suggestions you might want to consider for improving the offline MP aswell.

It would be good to be able to name the players instead of having to remember which friend is P1, P2, P3, etc.
                                It would also be nice to be able to create and play my own custom courses with friends without ever having to go online. (I dont have much download quota). Ie, create holes offline, save to HDD, create course offline, save to HDD, go into local multiplayer, and have the option to play a custom course from the HDD.
                                These changes would make the game so much more fun for playing with friends.

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X