This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rafie View Post
    Bottom line here.....get all consoles. That way you don't miss out!
    That does seem to be the option that solves the issue. I wonder if local governments will start building roads that are exclusive to GM or Ford vehicles. Then if you really want to take that road to get where you are going, you just had to buy that make of car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Everly View Post
      That does seem to be the option that solves the issue. I wonder if local governments will start building roads that are exclusive to GM or Ford vehicles. Then if you really want to take that road to get where you are going, you just had to buy that make of car.
      Touche Everly....touche!
      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
      Gamertag- RAFIE82
      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

verry true. i looked on the ubisoft on the wiivers yesterday and the complants are still going on and some of them wernt too pretty to read.
        feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK2017 View Post
          verry true. i looked on the ubisoft on the wiivers yesterday and the complants are still going on and some of them wernt too pretty to read.
          I would be pretty sore too if I were them. The devs bust their behinds working for 6 months straight to get the Wii U version for Rayman Legends out for February, just for the higher ups to turn around and delay it so that the PS3/360 versions can be done for Sept.
          PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
          Gamertag- RAFIE82
          YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
          Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafie View Post
            I would be pretty sore too if I were them. The devs bust their behinds working for 6 months straight to get the Wii U version for Rayman Legends out for February, just for the higher ups to turn around and delay it so that the PS3/360 versions can be done for Sept.
            Yeah, I honestly think it was a calculated move. If there is truth to the story that Microsoft won't allow a game on 360 unless it comes out first or at the same time as the others, then Ubisoft must have weighed it out and figured it was worth upsetting the much smaller Wii U population. Right now they are in the heart of the storm. We will see in September if it was a wise business decision or not.

Comment

• With both The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Grand Theft Auto V in the same time slot, I'd be more inclined to say no.

Comment

• Originally posted by GaryCXJk View Post
                With both The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Grand Theft Auto V in the same time slot, I'd be more inclined to say no.
                +1 They will lose their Wii U user base if GTA 5 makes an appearance for the Wii U. No doubt about it. Wind Waker HD is also a huge game that people wanted to see in HD. Any Zelda game for that matter. MS is known for tactics like making others wait or having exclusive stuff first before others.
                PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                Gamertag- RAFIE82
                YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

• What I really find odd is that there is a huge anticipation for the American release of Zen Pinball 2, considering pinball games are pretty much niche.

Also, I do hope American users are more sensible. The amounts of "It's not free, it's a demo" and "I was too lazy to read through the instructions to notice I also need the trials to play the tables" is a little bit too much to my taste.

Seriously, the first thing I did after purchasing was downloading the trials. You know, because it told me so during purchase. It's right before the "You need Zen Pinball 2 to use this content" screen, and after the "Are you sure you want to purchase these products" page. You even have to press "Accept" before you can see the aforementioned "You need Zen Pinball 2" screen, it's not even fine print.

But meh, perhaps it's because I'm already 27 and have enough time on my hands to do things and things. I need some sleep.

Comment

• Well most of us here are already experience ZP2 players, so we know what to expect. You have to remember that this is the first time Nintendo has ever had ZP2, so a lot of them were confused by the "free" term. Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, but I would have known that it wasn't "free" per se. Just the format is free. I knew that even before ZP2 dropped for the PS3. Zen didn't say anything about the tables being free. Otherwise it would have said: "Zen Pinball 2 is a free download, plus an added bonus of our Epic Quest table...absolutely free of charge" or something along those lines. Well I digress. No need to go further on about it.
                    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
                    Gamertag- RAFIE82
                    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
                    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Comment

What I really find odd is that there is a huge anticipation for the American release of Zen Pinball 2, considering pinball games are pretty much niche.
                      Well I am definitely looking forward to it regardless, but I think the fact that there isn't much out there for Wii U owners is fueling the fire. Wish NoA would stop dragging their feet and at least give us a release date.

Originally posted by GaryCXJk View Post
                      Also, I do hope American users are more sensible.

Seriously, the first thing I did after purchasing was downloading the trials. You know, because it told me so during purchase.
                      Ah, so you are one of those guys that reads the instructions huh? Don't see to many of those any more. Most just keep hitting the "Continue" or "Accept" button without reading anything, then it doesn't work and they are confused.

Comment

• i am one of those instruction readers too but only if i get a new toy and can't figure out where i am going wrong while setting it up.
                        feel free to add me in the wiiverse its FanOfMK20 and you can allways find me on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/#!/DerekColeman.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK2017 View Post
                          i am one of those instruction readers too but only if i get a new toy and can't figure out where i am going wrong while setting it up.
                          Well, after all instructions are just the manufacturer's opinion of how it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                            It's not that easy. It took Kojima 2 years to get the HD upgrades done for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. The PS3 development kit has a tool that reduces the cost to make one, but it's still quite time consuming to make it.

I'm surprised that you guys are surprised. All you have to do is look at TV series on Blu-ray. If the TV series was made in HD or it's was from a film source, then it's very easy to do a transfer onto Blu-ray. If the series was made digitally in SD, then they have to do an upscale. Upscaled shows never look that good compared to native HD shows.

Heck even Blu-ray players have the ability to upscale DVDs to HD and downscale Blu-ray discs to SD. Again, an upscaled DVD is inferior to a native HD Blu-ray. However, a downscaled Blu-ray looks the same as what it would look like playing the DVD counterpart.
                            When you're talking about code working on a weaker processor I'm not sure video transfer to better medium is relevent. What would be though are computer games. Look at how long old games can be played on increasingly better tech and how many really old games are still available to play. Then think back to all the people who had relativley new machines and couldn't run Crysis when it first came out. Or try getting any new pc game to run on five year old hardware.
                            I'm not sure if you've played on 3DS, but having one myself I think the slow performance, frame rate, and features that had to be cut on tables testify to it being harder all by itself.
                            sigpic

Comment

What I really find odd is that there is a huge anticipation for the American release of Zen Pinball 2, considering pinball games are pretty much niche.
                              A general pinball note here - I recently read that, in the last year orders for physical pinball machines from Stern has gone up by 30%.

In addition, there's a demand for pinball machines in the UK with a new company starting up there.

One theory I've seen tossed around is that we're actually due for a pinball revival in general. The majority of the 1990's pinball tables that are still in circulation at commercial venues around the world are now 15-20 years old and simply put, are wearing out. When they get removed or sold off due to lack of functionality, there's nothing to replace them from retail amusement machine vendors.

Besides that, the resurgence of video game pinball may have created a slow burn. Farsight deserved credit for working to preserve classic machines, but to their credit Zen has sat here for five years now slowly grinding the market, keeping pinball talked about with regular table releases. Maybe it's not surprising awareness is increasing.

Comment

I see your point, but don't you think it's a little extreme to compare something essential that we pay taxes for to a luxury item like a video game? Also - I'm very curious as to why people assume that each console should inherently get the same releases. Why is this? As a dev, we try to release all of our tables onto each platform when it makes sense to and is financially feasible. I feel like maybe we've spoiled some players by doing this and now they expect it from every company.

As for Nintendo, why are we all so shocked that there aren't many games for the Wii U right after launch? Looking back at the first year of the 3DS, I feel like we (gamers, not devs) should have known better than to expect Nintendo to deliver much this early on with Wii U. They haven't had a great track record for launch games, if memory serves, their original Japan launch of the NES only had three games. Three. It took a couple more years to come to NA and even then the list wasn't huge. I realize this was the mid 80s, but I think it does say something about how they time releases.

Originally posted by GaryCXJk View Post

Also, I do hope American users are more sensible. The amounts of "It's not free, it's a demo" and "I was too lazy to read through the instructions to notice I also need the trials to play the tables" is a little bit too much to my taste.

Seriously, the first thing I did after purchasing was downloading the trials. You know, because it told me so during purchase. It's right before the "You need Zen Pinball 2 to use this content" screen, and after the "Are you sure you want to purchase these products" page. You even have to press "Accept" before you can see the aforementioned "You need Zen Pinball 2" screen, it's not even fine print.

Originally posted by Rafie View Post
                                Well most of us here are already experience ZP2 players, so we know what to expect. You have to remember that this is the first time Nintendo has ever had ZP2, so a lot of them were confused by the "free" term. Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, but I would have known that it wasn't "free" per se. Just the format is free. I knew that even before ZP2 dropped for the PS3. Zen didn't say anything about the tables being free. Otherwise it would have said: "Zen Pinball 2 is a free download, plus an added bonus of our Epic Quest table...absolutely free of charge" or something along those lines. Well I digress. No need to go further on about it.
                                Yep. People see "free" and ignore everything else and then get mad because they didn't read the directions and aren't used to Nintendo offering a free download w/paid DLC.

Originally posted by Dinosaur Toy View Post
                                A general pinball note here - I recently read that, in the last year orders for physical pinball machines from Stern has gone up by 30%.

In addition, there's a demand for pinball machines in the UK with a new company starting up there.

One theory I've seen tossed around is that we're actually due for a pinball revival in general. The majority of the 1990's pinball tables that are still in circulation at commercial venues around the world are now 15-20 years old and simply put, are wearing out. When they get removed or sold off due to lack of functionality, there's nothing to replace them from retail amusement machine vendors.

Besides that, the resurgence of video game pinball may have created a slow burn. Farsight deserved credit for working to preserve classic machines, but to their credit Zen has sat here for five years now slowly grinding the market, keeping pinball talked about with regular table releases. Maybe it's not surprising awareness is increasing.

I saw that as well and even posted the article I read in the general forum. Kind of crazy how home video game systems took down arcades, but now video game pinball is pushing the real pinball machine market back up!

Comment

Working...
                                X