Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Wii U faithful!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For the Wii U faithful!

    While it seems they have no time for us these days... sigh...if it weren't for Zen Studios, us Wii U fans wouldn't have had the many hours of playing their great pinball game and awesome tables under our belts! We are thankful to them despite them clearly supporting our favorite console last. Their game is the best in the world!

    That being said, 99% of you are also familiar with the other major app. and 95% of you probably know that its release is eminent... very very soon. I call all of us to keep playing pinball on the Wii U! This app has over 60 tables releasing in 2016 on the Wii U. There is a Wii U teaser video on you tube by the developer of this app, and it looks to be an excellent piece of work! Like Zen Pinball, the Wii U version looks better lit and more detail, and a bit smoother than the xbox 360 version.

    The Wii U pinball community is getting another shot in the arm, and it's a fantastic one . Play on!

  • #2
    And here we were told it wouldn't look nearly as good on the Wii U. I call it lazy development. What's more surprising is after all this time they are actually following through and releasing this. They must feel there's a market out there for this otherwise it would be a complete waste of resources. Glad it's finally coming though as Zen has had zero competition for far too long.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tech101 View Post
      And here we were told it wouldn't look nearly as good on the Wii U. I call it lazy development. What's more surprising is after all this time they are actually following through and releasing this. They must feel there's a market out there for this otherwise it would be a complete waste of resources. Glad it's finally coming though as Zen has had zero competition for far too long.
      Agreed. Thing is, it seems this one was, from a technical standpoint, built some time ago. I literally went back and saw Farsight employees promising soon release around Jan- Feb of 2013...Probably had too much into it to not release it, Tech. It sat there, almost done, on the back burner. Getting it release ready was probably at the bottom of the list of to do's for 3 years worth of staff meetings LOL. Like that bag of chia seeds in your pantry that you keep saying you will use.

      I am no programmer but would guess that there were multiple factors in the delay. For example, this game is vitrually the same on Steam, PC, PS 3, 4, XBOX 360, one. Throw the Wii U and you have to make "alterations". How to work in the gamepad and other things that require additional programming routines. And then there is Nintendo itself. Years of promises to be better with 3rd parties but many will tell you, still behind the curve on that. And real tables were full of double entendra (spelling?) or whatever, so maybe Nintendo wasn't real happy with, who knows.

      But it will be a great time playing this on the system. The version looks, at least, awesome.
      Last edited by steven120566; 03-05-2016, 02:58 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        For me it's to late anyway... I am already playing these tables on my PS4.
        Decided not to spend any money on the ZEN tables though on the PS4, after spending to much money on the castrated WiiU version. Not spending any money on ZEN or my WiiU anymore.
        https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
        https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tfhfony View Post
          For me it's to late anyway... I am already playing these tables on my PS4.
          Decided not to spend any money on the ZEN tables though on the PS4, after spending to much money on the castrated WiiU version. Not spending any money on ZEN or my WiiU anymore.
          I take it you are not a Wii U faithful? LOL!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
            I take it you are not a Wii U faithful? LOL!
            LOL.. indeed. Decided to accept my losses and to continue...
            Though I still use the WiiU for some Nintendo only games iike Mario Kart 8... Still love it
            https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
            https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tfhfony View Post
              LOL.. indeed. Decided to accept my losses and to continue...
              Though I still use the WiiU for some Nintendo only games iike Mario Kart 8... Still love it
              Well there is alot of pinball competition to be had in the Wii U. I am gonna only buy pinball games, and probably all that Zen and Farsight put out on it, for as long as they do so. And will play the system till it goes dark or nobody at all is still playing along with me. Then whether it's NX or not will follow Zen and Farsight to whatever console most people I have on my friends list go to LOL.

              But I doubt I will ever use a touchscreen for flippers... and I won't ever put some bizarre apparatus over my eyes to play...my pinball fix needs a real system with buttons.

              As for the original subject... we still wait. I am starting to blame Nintendo for this pinball soap opera that we Nintendo players have had to endure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Release Date!

                The Pinball Arcade releases on Wii U this Thursday, April 21st according to this Nintendo link:

                http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...l-arcade-wii-u

                This is North America only at this time, apparently. As Ripley's Believe it or not says.... Time to rock!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
                  The Pinball Arcade releases on Wii U this Thursday, April 21st according to this Nintendo link:

                  http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail...l-arcade-wii-u

                  This is North America only at this time, apparently. As Ripley's Believe it or not says.... Time to rock!
                  Well since this is the Zen forum I will make a final post in this thread....

                  The said game is out. Solidly bug free, excellent eshop integration, and promised updates. Lots of tables! Really enjoying it.

                  Enough about the NX! Who cares, man? It won't be in a single person's ownership for a long time, let alone 13 million like the Wii U. Between TPA and Zen/Star Wars, the Wii U is again the perfect home for my pinball habit. Cheers!
                  Last edited by steven120566; 04-23-2016, 12:36 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
                    Well since this is the Zen forum I will make a final post in this thread....

                    The said game is out. Solidly bug free, excellent eshop integration, and promised updates. Lots of tables! Really enjoying it.
                    And somehow working leaderboards are a feature in TPA. How is that possible with Nintendo? So confused.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Everly View Post
                      And somehow working leaderboards are a feature in TPA. How is that possible with Nintendo? So confused.
                      Well... TPA s servers are more reliable, but there are some differences between the two games' server functions...

                      Zen's leaderboards are more complex. They allow for Miiverse friend integration, TPAs do not. Zen's interaction allows real time updates on friends weekly all time in game, TPAs do not. TPAs are cool in that they flow into the farsight servers. They allow you to play with, and see your scores over the cross platform database. I believe this will facilitate tourneys on the Wii U as easily and android/steam Pros and cons either way I suppose. Zen's are more featured, TPAs are more stable.
                      Last edited by steven120566; 04-23-2016, 01:45 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well we now have the two great games. I can't see a pinball fan saying that both are not must own on the Wii U.

                        Although I do like the cross platform leaderboards, I miss the Miiverse integration that Zen put in. Zen also has more options for game control and gamepad integration, although that is a promised update on the TPA now, confirmed.

                        Like I said, the point of the thread was that pinball is alive and well over here on the Wii U. Thanks for the games Zen and Farsight and thanks for chiming in!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow, every platform got a Star Wars sale except Wii U. Even though (most) of those tables are available on the eShop. If memory serves the same thing happened last year and Wii U owners were left out in the cold.

                          We all understand the Wii U is hard to design for and things take longer, but you either decide to include us in a sale and make us feel valued or you don't.

                          That's just..........sad.
                          Last edited by Everly; 04-29-2016, 08:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't quite understand why the Wii U can't be included in this. It's not like they have to release new tables. We're talking about a sale of exsisting product. You would think they would want to promote their product even more so now that The Pinball Arcade is out at least here stateside. I don't think theyve had a sale in well over 2 years now. Glad i got a majority of mine in that last sale.
                            Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tech101 View Post
                              I don't quite understand why the Wii U can't be included in this. It's not like they have to release new tables. We're talking about a sale of exsisting product. You would think they would want to promote their product even more so now that The Pinball Arcade is out at least here stateside. I don't think theyve had a sale in well over 2 years now. Glad i got a majority of mine in that last sale.
                              I agree, there is no real reason to leave Wii U out of the sale, esp since Nintendo allows publishers free reign for sales and patches on the eShop. Just seems they want the Wii U and its owners to go away. Even though I have a PS4 I just personally feel the game plays better on the Wii U, probably because that is what I'm used to. I enjoyed the trials of the Iron and Steel tables but I'm not buying them at full price. I might pick them up if they ever go on a decent sale. The Family Guy tables and the new Aliens ones just didn't feel that exciting to me when I played them on my PS4. I don't know if it was because I was playing them on a different platform or if I just didn't care for them. I did like the the final set of Star Wars tables and I would have picked those up on the Wii U, but seeing how they were released late and now a year old, sorry not paying $10 when the guy behind me can get them for $5.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X