For the Wii U faithful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tech101 View Post
    I don't quite understand why the Wii U can't be included in this. It's not like they have to release new tables. We're talking about a sale of exsisting product. You would think they would want to promote their product even more so now that The Pinball Arcade is out at least here stateside. I don't think theyve had a sale in well over 2 years now. Glad i got a majority of mine in that last sale.
    You guys are spot on. Whether they are gonna publish more more on the system or not (which they haven't ruled out), this content is already there. And, as Everly suggested, no problems pushing a sale through to eshop. The eshop is still a profitable area for the Wii U. The last profitable area.

Since they are throwing this sale out there for virtually every platform, it is understandably somewhat irritating to the people who have invested in Zen/SW on this system.

Since the content is already out there, what on earth do they have to gain by excluding? What does it matter now if an old table sells at price X or Y on one platform when it's full sale on all the others?? Unless Everly's theory is right. But, my impression with a few communications I have had with the company over the last months, it is probably a case of prioritization from someone who is in charge of resource allocation in the areas of development (why we see no new tables) and also someone in marketing (which is why nobody wants to bother with a sale on the system either). My PC way of saying what you guys have. They just don't see the value . I think this may be wrong. SW tables in particular have brought alot of younger, Wii U only players to the game of pinball... They ought to keep that door open. A sale may get more interest in the game at virtually no cost. My $0.02
    Last edited by steven120566; 04-30-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I don't quite understand why the Wii U can't be included in this. It's not like they have to release new tables. We're talking about a sale of exsisting product. You would think they would want to promote their product even more so now that The Pinball Arcade is out at least here stateside. I don't think theyve had a sale in well over 2 years now. Glad i got a majority of mine in that last sale.
      Sorry guys. I wish things were different with Wii U. We can't always do every sale on every platform. If it worked that way, we absolutely would. I have let the team know you guys really want a sale, so hopefully we can work something out in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
        Sorry guys. I wish things were different with Wii U. We can't always do every sale on every platform. If it worked that way, we absolutely would. I have let the team know you guys really want a sale, so hopefully we can work something out in the future.
        I just think it is sad. Informed Nintendo owners know the policies of the eShop. This is from an interview with Dan Adelman in 2013 regarding the control developers have on Nintendo's digital store.

Independent developers completely control the price of their game; in fact, the price of your game can be set per region and even per country, and developers can even provide free-to-play models if they desire. You can set your own initial price and can even choose when you want your game to go on sale. If you want to permanently discount your game, you can do so.
        Zen Studios made the decision to run a platform wide sale on Star Wars themed tables and although they have the ability to include Wii U owners in that sale they opted not to. It is actions like this that make me feel valueless in Zen's eyes. Barbie is then left with a frustrated, albeit small, group of forum member that feel slighted and overlooked. Kudos to her for responding on the matter but I honestly have no faith that "the team" cares about how we feel.

I brought up the subject of a sale up back in Sept of last year and that landed on deaf ears. I feel we have been let down by a company we like, support, and want to see succeed...and that is why this hurts.
        Last edited by Everly; 04-30-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I actually really like the Aliens tables! If ever they came to the Wii U I would definitely purchase them again. Now the Fox ones I can do without.
          Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

I actually really like the Aliens tables! If ever they came to the Wii U I would definitely purchase them again. Now the Fox ones I can do without.
            Yeah, the Fox pack did nothing for me when I tried them. I did a run on each of the new Alien tables.....I don't know, just didn't thrill me. I think I'm tired of the dark and muted color pallets that games and movies (I'm looking at you Zach Snyder's BvS) insist on using. There are colors other than grey and dark grey you know. Castlestorm has a bit of that going on, but the light hearted theme brightens the mood.

Iron and Steel are on my wish list and AoU I would pick up because I like the franchise. I remember the last sale we got (fall of 2013) I decided I would pick up a couple tables and ended up getting 9.
            Last edited by Everly; 05-01-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Well, I didn't bother to wait and already bought a PS4 some months ago. But due to the way ZEN has handled the whole Scoreboard issues, bugs, release of tables on the WiiU, I have decided not to buy any of their products anymore.
              Have bought all the 4 seasons and also the season 5 pass on the PS4 for the Pinball Arcade. No ZEN software for me anymore in the future.
              https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
              https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

Originally posted by Everly View Post
                Yeah, the Fox pack did nothing for me when I tried them. I did a run on each of the new Alien tables.....I don't know, just didn't thrill me. I think I'm tired of the dark and muted color pallets that games and movies (I'm looking at you Zach Snyder's BvS) insist on using. There are colors other than grey and dark grey you know. Castlestorm has a bit of that going on, but the light hearted theme brightens the mood.

Iron and Steel are on my wish list and AoU I would pick up because I like the franchise. I remember the last sale we got (fall of 2013) I decided I would pick up a couple tables and ended up getting 9.
                It came at a perfect time for me as I just got the Wii U for that CHRISTmas. I bought a few tables then the next week they all went on sale and I spent like 40 to get the rest. Saved at least that.

I still love Zen tables and that will never change and I love my gamepad and really wish I could get all the tables there but I have to play these tables somehow so 360 for me I guess. I'm getting most of what I can't get on the Wii U but I would gladly buy all that I already have on 360 again.

Comment

Originally posted by tfhfony View Post
                  Well, I didn't bother to wait and already bought a PS4 some months ago. But due to the way ZEN has handled the whole Scoreboard issues, bugs, release of tables on the WiiU, I have decided not to buy any of their products anymore.
                  Have bought all the 4 seasons and also the season 5 pass on the PS4 for the Pinball Arcade. No ZEN software for me anymore in the future.
                  My wife got me a PS4 for our anniversary back in December. I grabbed a disc copy of TPA Season 1. I really like the challenges. There weren't too many tables in Season 2 that I liked, but Season 3 has some good ones. I'm really hoping they make Swords of Fury, that is a table I loved growing up.

I hear what you are saying about the support. I can appreciate that technical limitations and allocation of resources can result in all of the things you mentioned and while I am not happy about it I can't really hold Zen responsible for things outside of their control. It is when there are things they can do and choose not to that make me feel unimportant to them.

If you are aware that a section of your customers are being left out, the good business move is to make it up to them. Mel chimed in on your thread with the statement:
                  Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                  I hear your concerns and issues and agree that we have not supported you properly. We are working to make this right.
                  I hadn't been active on the forum for a number of months when that was posted, but that brought me back. It was really the first time I felt someone from Zen acknowledge there was an inconsistency and they wanted to address it. It made me feel like I was important to them. As it turned out nothing really changed since then. New content continues to come late or not at all and if I had a nickel for everytime we were told, "We have not stopped supporting Wii U" or "We will post when we have Wii U news to share", well I wouldn't need a sale to pick up the tables I'm interested in.

Like I said earlier, Zen is a developer that we support and we want to see do well so what is happening is like someone you viewed as a friend turning to you and saying, "Listen, I never really liked you and I've tried to drop you hints about that but now I'll just come out and say it. Go Away!"

It came at a perfect time for me as I just got the Wii U for that CHRISTmas. I bought a few tables then the next week they all went on sale and I spent like 40 to get the rest. Saved at least that.

I still love Zen tables and that will never change and I love my gamepad and really wish I could get all the tables there but I have to play these tables somehow so 360 for me I guess. I'm getting most of what I can't get on the Wii U but I would gladly buy all that I already have on 360 again.
                  Yeah, I dropped a chunk of change to fill out my library of Zen tables. I really like the PS4 but I'm not going to buy anything I already own on the Wii U and I prefer to play on the gamepad. For some reason it just feels natural.
                  Last edited by Everly; 05-01-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I think we have all stuck some good $ into pinball. I really like what both companies have done. I also get irritated when conpanies write off hardware too early. I see two years of play before I consider owning any other console and will buy tables on Wii u probaby until late 2017 if they are making them. May not buy another console until late 2018 unless they shut down Wii u online. I have no idea which one I'd get then. We'll have to see what the NX is all about for sure. I have played multi patform and it is best on Wii u. Other consoles better than PC and mobile, but Wii u best!
                    Last edited by steven120566; 05-01-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
                      I think we have all stuck some good $ into pinball. I really like what both companies have done. I also get irritated when conpanies write off hardware too early. I see two years of play before I consider owning any other console and will buy tables on Wii u probaby until late 2017 if they are making them. May not buy another console until late 2018 unless they shut down Wii u online. I have no idea which one I'd get then. We'll have to see what the NX is all about for sure. I have played multi patform and it is best on Wii u. Other consoles better than PC and mobile, but Wii u best!
                      Didn't really want to start a new thread for this, but I did want to make a statement on the Wii U support from Zen Studios. I mean...sometimes no news can be better than negative. For example one thing I have learned is that pinball fans are very smart! Seriously, hey The best case scenario as the Wii U moves towards its inevitable mortality (even PS 4 and xbone one are facing an inevitable mortality folks), but the best case is for us to assume they have stopped... then the worst that can happen is they surprise their Wii U fan base. Otherwise, we have already determined and accepted it. I see no need to force Zen to the mat on this issue

I see it this way, and I am as frustrated as you guys are... I would rather have non-commital Zen than them saying they have officially abandoned it. Everyone seems to be pushing them to declare it done for. I would rather them NOT say that, frankly. Still alot of people playing on the Wii U and everyone is trying to kill it too early.
                      Last edited by steven120566; 05-25-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm the opposite. I'd rather have finalization and told one way or the other and not the company line we'll let you know when we have news. That's been going on for 2 years now. You either have something in the works, plan to do more, or are finished with the platform.

Comment

I guess I'm the opposite. I'd rather have finalization and told one way or the other and not the company line we'll let you know when we have news. That's been going on for 2 years now. You either have something in the works, plan to do more, or are finished with the platform.
                          I agree with Tech. It hurts credibility when words aren't eventually backed up with actions. It also takes its toll on those waiting. Proverbs 13:12 - "Expectation postponed makes the heart sick" This is exasperated by seeing content and amenities being offered to ALL other platforms but skipping ours.

Perhaps because a Wii U developers kit is sitting in the corner they feel they can say "we have not dropped support", even though no one has turned it on in over a year. The Star Wars sale was almost a month ago when we started asking for some attention again, but after being told the team was informed Wii U owners are feeling left out nothing has happened and no one from Zen has posted here since. That is an exact replay of what happened last September when I requested some love for the Wii U.

While Zen Studios may say they have not dropped support of Wii U I know several Wii U owners that have dropped support of Zen Studios. I used to be a huge Zen fan and supporter, but I would say I am indifferent toward them at this point.

Comment

I absolutely understand both your guys' points. And I don't even disagree. $3 a table doesn't seem like much of an investment. But certainly, when you "invest" in 40 tables, well, you have earned a certain level of support from the company. I am right there with ya.

But it seems as though by pushing for a commitment to say they will no longer publish, it may become more favorable for the company to do just that, rather than to keep their options open. And then what have we, we whom have invested, gained? Especially if the evidence already points to the probable event that they have already stopped anyway.... The need for a cut and dried answer, to me, isn't there. As I have already assumed it's a wrap on this console... unfortunately. My goal is when the Wii U goes dark to follow as many of my pinball friends as possible wherever they end up playing. (As long as it is a console hooked up to a TV LOL). But this time, we all may have to wait and see a little longer to see the level of commitment the game maker(s) have to whatever platform we wanna go to. I think many of the people I have met along the way are hoping for a successful NX and a better commitment there-in. But what keeps the Wii U players hopeful is that the nature of this console and Zen pinball do make it the best console to play the game on, and non commital statements from the company do make it more difficult for the pinball fan to know where to put their money, and to grow frustrated with Zen for that reason.

That being said, I certainly see it from your point of view. If a company does not meet your expectations, you should absolutely let them know
                            Last edited by steven120566; 05-26-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steven120566 View Post
                              But it seems as though by pushing for a commitment to say they will no longer publish, it may become more favorable for the company to do just that, rather than to keep their options open.
                              I am just pushing for them to say, "You guys are just as important to us as the other platforms" and then back that up with action. Whether that is new content (maybe something they can't do) or a table wide sale (something totally in their control)

Comment

We have paid the same amount of money as the users on the other platforms, so we should receive the same support. But we don't. ZEN continues in it's arrogance, which is indeed the reason why I will never buy a ZEN product anymore. You just cant trust them. They have proven this quite clearly.
                                I've bought a PS4 last year which I use beside my WiiU. I have bought ALL the Pinball Arcade tables, bot none of the ZEN tables. Although I have bought all the available ZEN Pinball Tables on the WiiU, I will not spend a dime on a ZEN product anymore.
                                At least they should have the gutts to say: "We are dropping the WiiU". Then at least we know where we're at.
                                https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
                                https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

Working...
                                X