For the Wii U faithful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I don't know, as I don't make those decisions. Sorry.
    So in post #37 when you said "yes, there is a conversation" what does that consist of?

I know you this is probably uncomfortable and I appreciate that you are still replying, but I feel I'm having to cut thru a lot of "company lines" to get to any hard facts.

Let's try this a different way. Do you feel that we have been left out and should have been included?

Comment

Originally posted by Everly View Post
      So in post #37 when you said "yes, there is a conversation" what does that consist of?

I know you this is probably uncomfortable and I appreciate that you are still replying, but I feel I'm having to cut thru a lot of "company lines" to get to any hard facts.

Let's try this a different way. Do you feel that we have been left out and should have been included?
      There is a conversation, it doesn't always involve me, but when it does I ALWAYS tell them how much you guys want more content/sales. I've said plenty of times before - I agree with you! It sucks that you aren't getting the same content that other platforms do. We can't always please everyone - and for that, I apologize.

Comment

There is a conversation, it doesn't always involve me, but when it does I ALWAYS tell them how much you guys want more content/sales. I've said plenty of times before - I agree with you! It sucks that you aren't getting the same content that other platforms do. We can't always please everyone - and for that, I apologize.
        This may seem hard to believe but that means something to me. Hearing you say you agree with us. Honestly I never felt anyone was speaking up in our behalf.

For content, hey it is what it is, so there is no sense in crying about it. I'm not happy about it but I've accepted it. I've always found being excluded from sales harder to stomach. Nothing you have said changes the fact that a decision is being made by someone in your company that affects us adversely. Considering the climate in this section of the forum, I'm sorry but that is a poor move. I know you can't please everyone, but maybe it's time you pleased us.

I want to tell you how much I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions as best you could. I still refuse to pay full price for anything that has been out on other platforms for months or a year. So Iron and Steel will continue to sit on the shelf. However, before today I had become so disappointed in your company that I wouldn't have supported it if they were a nickel for both. But just because you took time to acknowledge me and my views beyond the standard 1-line replies, I will continue to hope for a sale and if it happens I will be quick to take advantage of it.

As Neo said to the Matrix, "Where we go from here is a decision I leave to you."

Comment

I want to tell you how much I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions as best you could. I still refuse to pay full price for anything that has been out on other platforms for months or a year. So Iron and Steel will continue to sit on the shelf. However, before today I had become so disappointed in your company that I wouldn't have supported it if they were a nickel for both. But just because you took time to acknowledge me and my views beyond the standard 1-line replies, I will continue to hope for a sale and if it happens I will be quick to take advantage of it.
          Are you no longer a reviewer? Don't you get codes for all the Wii U tables?

Comment

Are you no longer a reviewer? Don't you get codes for all the Wii U tables?
            No. I've been volunteering on a construction project for the past 2 years working 12 hour days. It doesn't leave much time for games, or writing about them. I resigned the position so someone with more favorable circumstances could fill it, but no one currently is a pinball player so I don't think the site covers Zen anymore.

My wife got me a PS4 for our 21st anniversary back in December. Sent you a PSN friend request but never heard back. I've tried tables on the PS4 but they just don't seem to play as well as on the Wii U. Maybe I had just gotten used to the Gamepad and the PS4 controller didn't seem as natural. Plus I like the off screen play the Wii U offers if my wife wants to watch TV and I'm in the middle of a great run.

So right now I don't have Iron and Steel, Avengers AoU, and the Masters of the Force. Not sure why you allow PS4 to demo the Star Wars tables but make Wii U buy them to try them.

Comment

No. I've been volunteering on a construction project for the past 2 years working 12 hour days. It doesn't leave much time for games, or writing about them. I resigned the position so someone with more favorable circumstances could fill it, but no one currently is a pinball player so I don't think the site covers Zen anymore.

My wife got me a PS4 for our 21st anniversary back in December. Sent you a PSN friend request but never heard back. I've tried tables on the PS4 but they just don't seem to play as well as on the Wii U. Maybe I had just gotten used to the Gamepad and the PS4 controller didn't seem as natural. Plus I like the off screen play the Wii U offers if my wife wants to watch TV and I'm in the middle of a great run.

So right now I don't have Iron and Steel, Avengers AoU, and the Masters of the Force. Not sure why you allow PS4 to demo the Star Wars tables but make Wii U buy them to try them.
              Ah I see - I didn't realize you weren't writing anymore. I never play on PSN anymore, but I probably should check my requests at some point

Not sure if it's a first party preference or what, but not all platforms have demos (Xbox One, mobile, Win10, etc).

Comment

Ah I see - I didn't realize you weren't writing anymore. I never play on PSN anymore, but I probably should check my requests at some point

Not sure if it's a first party preference or what, but not all platforms have demos (Xbox One, mobile, Win10, etc).
                Yeah, after about 4 months I just deleted the request I sent.

Well Star Wars tables weren't available for demo on the Wii U from day one even though demos were part of ZP2 on Wii U. At least I got to try them out as a demo on PS4 but Im not buying anything on it because I prefer my pinball on the Wii U. I figured I would be able to pick them up on Wii U this Star Wars day because not in a million years would I have thought we would have been given the cold shoulder 2 years in row. Shows you what I know.
                Last edited by Everly; 06-01-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Glad everyone is getting along now!

Btw, a sale for me is pointless as I own all the tables. Now about that missing content???
                  Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

Originally posted by Tech101 View Post

Btw, a sale for me is pointless as I own all the tables. Now about that missing content???
                    I think a sale would provide a point that could prove to be made.

Comment

I think a sale would provide a point that could prove to be made.
                      True and I hope you get one. To me it's like they don't care anymore and yet Atlus does a sale every week just about. I don't think whomever is in charge even thinks about Wii U. If they wanted to they could most likely do a sale every week.

I really wish I could see sales results of all systems. If Wii U is getting consistent sales then I would totally understand why there's no sales but I'm going to guess they hardly get any and a sale could change that some what. Why not bring in revenue of any kind?? After all it is better to make 100$ on a sale then 20$ at full price right??
                      Last edited by Tech101; 06-02-2016, 01:24 AM.

Comment

To me it's like they don't care anymore and yet Atlus does a sale every week just about. I don't think whomever is in charge even thinks about Wii U. If they wanted to they could most likely do a sale every week.
                        I 100% agree with you Tech. I don't think we will see any new content come to the Wii U. Last year's AoU will be the last thing Wii U gets from Zen Studios in spite of the continual line that they have not dropped support. If the Wii U and Nintendo has proven so difficult for them to develop for then it is what it is.

What I keep pointing at is the inconsistency regarding sales. In looking back Wii U was actually excluded from the Star Wars sale in 2014 as well, meaning that not once has Zen felt the need to include us in that sale as it started that year. I can not fathom the reasoning behind taking a section of your consumer base that is already feeling slighted because of things you are claiming you can't control and adding to their frustration. If you can't do a sale on every platform as they claim, then rotate it. What is gained by excluding the same group year after year after year? Because we know the policies for independent developers and discounts, the comment that they can't always do sales when they want is a blind to mask their decision.

As I said before, you can't please everyone but Zen has disappointed us so often maybe they should give us some consideration. July 11 marks the 3 year anniversary of Star Wars Pinball coming to Wii U. Since Zen decided not to include Wii U in the Star Wars sale and they want us to believe they are still supporting Wii U they can take that opportunity to show it.

Comment

And I wouldn't say we are getting along, just talking. But if Zen decided to give us the same consideration they provide to their other customers then I would make use of it. Before this discussion I would not have bothered with them.
                          Last edited by Everly; 06-04-2016, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the next sale will be the Doctor Strange table when the new movie comes out. Let's see if Zen can follow suit and make that for all formats this time. I think this is more then enough time to make that happen.

While were at it maybe Barbie can let the powers that be know we haven't had any sales in over 2 years!

Comment

While were at it maybe Barbie can let the powers that be know we haven't had any sales in over 2 years!
                              That is something that is asked about. I foolishly hoped that somehow they just lost track of that fact. But in post #37 she clearly stated that both she and management are aware that Wii U was left out. The comment about not doing a sale whenever they like wanted to seemed to mean Nintendo has to approve any sale (just as I'm sure Microsoft and Sony need to be sign off on sales on their stores).

I have noticed that Zen typically plays the role of the victim of corporate policy. "We would totally do it if they would let us, but it doesn't work that way. Sorry." In some cases, like cross buy between platforms, that is the case. But at other times I feel it is said to try to get themselves off the hook for a decision they made that some don't like. At some point you have to man up and own the decision without claiming it is always out of your control.

Sadly, the issue isn't they don't know, it appears they just don't care.

Because of the spiritistic nature of Dr. Strange I wouldn't pick up that table. I have a very strong aversion to anything related to the occult.
                              Last edited by Everly; 06-07-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

July 11 marks the 3 year anniversary of Star Wars Pinball coming to Wii U. Since Zen decided not to include Wii U in the Star Wars sale and they want us to believe they are still supporting Wii U they can take that opportunity to show it.
                                Well, looks like we can stop holding our breath that this will happen. Not exactly sure how they feel they are supporting the Wii U.

Comment

Working...
                                X