Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FarSight launches new Pinball title

http://www.pinballarcade.com/

Available for pretty much every platform except Wii U.

The big news: they've snaffled up some big licenses including Bally (Williams) and Stern. The video shows Ripleys and Theatre of Magic.

Games will be added through DLC.

Visuals aren't overly impressive so far. Hopefully they've improved the physics and overall UI.
    Last edited by Womble; 10-23-2011, 09:09 PM.

So we are gonna be able to download this on the 360 as we do with Zen? Theater of Magic and Ripley's, that is pretty bad ass.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

Nice. I can only see good things from this. Competition will push both companies to compete with better and better products.

I will support both games 100% as long as the quality stays high.

Also, didn't Zen Studios say in an interview that they would be adding some classic tables? If that comes through, I wonder if there will be some overlap between the two games?

Comment

looks interesting.....i just wonder why ZEN couldnt remake these classic tables?? depending on DLC pricing, they may have some competition on there hand's, but with V&V coming out in the winter, i would'nt sweat it.....ZEN will still most likely be my top choice!!! but nice too know, good fyi...

Comment

Awesome, I'll get to play Tales of the Arabian Nights, probably my all time favourite table. Never really played Theatre of Magic very much so that will also be nice. I'll be happy to drop my points on this product.

Still, don't worry Zen, I'll still be getting all your tables as they come out too.

Comment

well, i was exicted untill i googled farsight.....SMH...there past line up of games does'nt impress me....i mean i havent played many of them, and there's a reason for that....but it seems as if they are re-releasing a hand-full of recycled table's from there past pinball attempts (PBHOF,Gottlieb,ETC.) and then charging for so called DLC.....which again looks to be recycled tables. I guess they will have enhanced visual's for current generation consoles, but takeing a retail release, converting 1/2 it to XBLA, and then charging DLC prices for the other 1/2 is just crazy....I think ill stick wit ZEN for now.....i do desire to play some CLASSIC tables, but i dont like farsight's marketing strategy so far.....

Comment

Damn I knew farsight sounded familiar. Their tutorials CRUSH Zen's. Zen, please make rules/tutorials like Farsight did on Williams Hall of Fame. Can't wait to see Theatre of Magic and Ripleys from Farsight. Maybe Farsight is ready to throw down with Zen. BTW, I have a thread going where you can let Zen know what real machines you would like to see them make. Glad to see that thread was ahead of it's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
                Awesome, I'll get to play Tales of the Arabian Nights, probably my all time favourite table. Never really played Theatre of Magic very much so that will also be nice. I'll be happy to drop my points on this product.

Still, don't worry Zen, I'll still be getting all your tables as they come out too.
                Farsight already included Tales on the Williams HOF disc. One of the best tables too.

Comment

Holy crap those tables look JUST like their real life counterpart. Theatre of Magic looks amazing. Black Hole looked so good too. Note the message at the end of the video, lots of tables coming to you for years. Man Zen is gonna have some competition. They should really get on the ball about making real life machines. I can't believe I can play Theater of Magic and Ripley's on my tv SOON.

Comment

On their Facebook page they stated that they are going to start of with the 4 tables shown in the video and want to add another table every two weeks. That would be an amazing rate, so I guess they already finished quite a few, so they'll be able to keep that promise at leat for the first few weeks.
                    30 tables after the first year would probably bring them up to the amount of available Zen tables around that time.
                    But still, 2 weeks a table for all those plattforms seems to be very optimistic from my pov.

Comment

Originally posted by Verjigorm View Post
                      But still, 2 weeks a table for all those plattforms seems to be very optimistic from my pov.
                      As you say, they've probably got a catalogue of PHOF titles already in the bank. But yeah, a title every 2 weeks is probably not only optimistic, but overdoing it.

I'd rather they spend the time getting a table right. Sure, the table logic and AV packages are emulated, but it takes a long time to get the art, geometry and whatnot done, not to mention playtesting and QA. Above all they have to fix the moonball physics. It's a deal breaker for me. I'm not playing Medieval Madness with PHOF physics.

Also, keep in mind this is FarSight we're talking about. Their calendar has traditionally run on ValveTime. ;-)

It will be really interesting to see what Zen do with their Classics lineup, and what licenses they manage to score.

Comment

Wow! I'm really impressed. It seems that pinball is really making a come back.

Comment

As Womble said, if the moonball physics are fixed, I will get every table, otherwise, I'll just play PHoF.

This is exciting news for pinball fans
                          MY BLOG: www.canuckistan.org

Comment

The visuals are alright, but the ball movement looks very unnatural. I guess the only reason to get this over fx2 would be nostalgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gegliosch View Post
                              The visuals are alright, but the ball movement looks very unnatural. I guess the only reason to get this over fx2 would be nostalgy.
                              You and womble don't really know what you're talking about. Farsight goes to GREAT lengths making sure their tables are picture perfect in EVERY way and detail. Farsight's tables replicate their original's counterparts in every single way. Thus it is much harder to get huge scores on Farsight's tables. Their tables are checked out by Pinball wizards/pros/designers. The big difference is that their tables feel kinda stiff compared to Zen's. Farsight's tables can be just as exciting and fun as Zen's. In fact WPHOF is what got me into video pinball. I played that a few years before Zen. I've only had Zen's tables for about seven months now. I'm guessing you will have to own the William's disc to download the new tables? Maybe not, if Farsight really wants some new customers. A new table every two weeks is sick. With Farsight's DLC and Zen's, my pinball fever will be fed in very new ways. This is one of the biggest announcements of the year.
                              Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 10-24-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X