Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FarSight launches new Pinball title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Alipan View Post
    Why was Solitude playing Twilight Zone - research?

    /likes starting rumours
    I think the Hungarian office has a Twilight Zone. You can see some of its influence in Sorcerer's Lair.

    Comment


    • #92
      You know what?

      Personally I don't see as "who makes better pinball games? who's physics are better?" I see both Zen Studios and Farsight Studios different flavors of pinball. I love Zen for making fun and fantastic tables that are near impossible to recreate in real life without breaking too much reality. I love Farsight for taking us down Pinball Memory Lane and letting us re enjoy the classic licensed tables that we grew up with. You take the old with the new. That's how I see it.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Silverway View Post
        Personally I don't see as "who makes better pinball games? who's physics are better?" I see both Zen Studios and Farsight Studios different flavors of pinball. I love Zen for making fun and fantastic tables that are near impossible to recreate in real life without breaking too much reality. I love Farsight for taking us down Pinball Memory Lane and letting us re enjoy the classic licensed tables that we grew up with. You take the old with the new. That's how I see it.
        Exactly. Plus, Zen is into making original tables. They will always be around. FarSight can only make so many real tables, especially the better ones.
        http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Solitude View Post
          Let him know that the rollover on the rocket launch on twilight zone is stiff. It keeps the ball from going all the way into the saucer and results in a weak launch - often straight down the middle.

          Or at least, that was the case when I went a week and a half ago.
          Will do. He's there at nights more than days it seems.
          http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

          Comment


          • #95
            It's not about Zen vs FarSight.

            It's about the playability of each game, and what can/should be done to improve those games.

            Plenty of people around here are pretty vocal about how Zen can improve. It's no different for FarSight, except that FarSight don't provide feedback or much in the way of communication.

            Competition is good.

            Having said that, I do hope that Zen have been able to secure some top-shelf licenses for a Zen Classics range. I think games like MM or Attack from Mars deserves better than current offerings, and I'm sure Zen will provide the necessary attention to detail.

            Comment


            • #96
              Wish they would put out a little more info on this. Those videos barely showed anything.
              Do they have a release date?
              Its not like pinball games can be compared to fps'(crowded as hell). We are all pb fans, there is plenty of room for more.
              I got that pinball jones man
              Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Alipan View Post
                Why was Solitude playing Twilight Zone - research?

                /likes starting rumours
                I wish we were doing a Twilight Zone table! But sadly, no. I just wanted to visit the place while I was on vacation in Las Vegas and play some tables we don't have in the office. Got to play some tables I hadn't seen in quite a while - Black Knight 2000, Revenge from Mars, Guns n Roses, Medieval Madness, etc. Great fun and quite cheap.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Twilight of happiness

                  Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                  I wish we were doing a Twilight Zone table!
                  You have broken my wombly heart.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                    I wish we were doing a Twilight Zone table! But sadly, no. I just wanted to visit the place while I was on vacation in Las Vegas and play some tables we don't have in the office. Got to play some tables I hadn't seen in quite a while - Black Knight 2000, Revenge from Mars, Guns n Roses, Medieval Madness, etc. Great fun and quite cheap.
                    RFM rules. Solitude, will Zen be making any real tables any time soon?
                    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                      RFM rules. Solitude, will Zen be making any real tables any time soon?
                      With all of the licenses already picked up by Farsight, do you think Zen would? Only one or two big companies that FS is missing. I, and others would rather Zen keep up with what they're doing, with OPs.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ShinobiSteve View Post
                        With all of the licenses already picked up by Farsight, do you think Zen would? Only one or two big companies that FS is missing.
                        Not quite! Stern Pinball owns the assets on the tables that Data East and Sega made. And FarSight released out a Gottlieb collection of PHOF in the past.

                        It looks like they have licenses with all of the major players, if you look at those two factors.

                        Originally posted by ShinobiSteve View Post
                        I, and others would rather Zen keep up with what they're doing, with OPs.
                        I agree, because that is one of the Zen's best qualities. They are really creative with their work.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ShinobiSteve View Post
                          With all of the licenses already picked up by Farsight, do you think Zen would?
                          Back in late July, cracker said in an interview that Zen was in talks with manufacturers of classic tables.

                          Hopefully it's still possible for Zen to pick up some titles on a table-by-table basis, though admittedly that does seem unlikely.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                            Not quite! Stern Pinball owns the assets on the tables that Data East and Sega made. And FarSight released out a Gottlieb collection of PHOF in the past.

                            It looks like they have licenses with all of the major players, if you look at those two factors.
                            Yeah, that's what I meant. With all the licenses Farsight has, Zen doesn't really have much for re-creating classics. Could always re-do some Capcom ones though I suppose.

                            Comment


                            • I think farsight can fill the void that many of you seem to express and put out a more "realistic" pinball experience.

                              While Zen can continue with its more fantastic approach(which I think I prefer). I like the exagerrated nudging and physics. It makes it damn fun to me.
                              Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

                              Comment


                              • Zen has a better approach if you ask me, Zen is more likely to get new players into Pinball then Farsight. I base this on Farsight is looking to supply the Hardcore Pinball lovers who remember the old skool tables, whereas Zen are trying to find the balance between the Hardcore & Casual. Now if Zen achieves this I believe they cant be touched.

                                I wont be surprised if Farsight delays this game so many times as they did the same thing with near all there titles. It will be an interesting battle regardless.

                                It will come down to the individual, I for one have the Williams Pinball Classics game, yes its a fun throwback but after a while it just doesn't have that edge that Zen has.

                                This is just my opinion, but yes I can agree 100% its a great time for us PinHeads for sure!!!
                                Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM.
                                sigpic

                                Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                                PSN = SrkToTheChin
                                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X