Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LumaFan")
    replied
    No threat to Zen, Zen already has a wide fan base and stabilized in DLC and tables. They got more experience on the market.

Leave a comment:

• katschunka
    replied
    @chiralfox: Sorry to disagree but collision detection is part of the physics engine, especially in a pinball game where nearly the whole gameplay is about collisions basically. Please refer to the Wikipedia page about Physics engine. After reading that artice i guess Farsights problem is that they use discrete collision detection. And yes, I played a whole bunch of Pinball Tables. I played all the awsome ones by Williams back in the nineties like Funhouse, Earthquake, Whirlwind etc. among others. The first table i played was Centaur by Bally.
    Last edited by katschunka; 08-01-2012, 07:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• s-carnegie
    replied
    I agree, its been a while mainly because there so few around any more. I wish I could find a paragon table some where. Wide table from 77 or so. Bang special all day long with one quarter.

Leave a comment:

• chiralfox
    replied
    In my opinion, Zen and Pinball Arcade target slightly different audiences that have quite a lot of overlap if one were to draw a Venn diagram. I find it curious and inaccurate that some posts in this thread talk about problems with the physics in Pinball Arcade. The game is not without its issues; poor collision detection is certainly a huge problem when it loses the player a ball. I have experienced that bug myself on a fair number of occasions. However, collision detection and ball physics are, in my mind, two very different things.

Certainly, Zen has no issue with collision detection. Neither Zen nor Pinball Arcade get ball physics exactly right. Flippers in both games are unrealistically bouncy. Flipper movements that wouldn't kick a ball away like a full-on hit often do exactly that. Nudging in both games could be better, although for quite different reasons. I think anyone that says that any digital pinball game has "perfect" physics is either looking specifically for a game that isn't realistic or hasn't played enough real pinball to be familiar with how on location tables play.

I own many different versions of digital pinball (PBFX2, Zen, Marvel, Pinball Arcade on PS3 and iOS), and they're all good in their own right, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. But damn it, nothing, NOTHING is better than playing a pin on location. Well, provided everything works correctly!

Leave a comment:

• katschunka
    replied
    Pinball Arcade physics definetly need improvement

First of all, please excuse my poor english. I got Pinall Arcade last week for PS3 and played it for a pretty long time already. I must say there are many bugs in that game. sometimes the game will not start for some tables i. e. the ball does not come to play. The other big issue is the tables physics engine. Sometimes the ball travels right through the flippers especially if the ball moves at high speed and the flippers are moving when it is near them. It happens often if you try slap saves but not only in that case. There are some other odd behaviors that the ball is showing. If I have to name the problem then I would say that the physics engine has not enough performence to simulate the ball physics continuously enough to avoid such odd effects.
    It is a pitty that the experience of playing such awsome tables is spoiled by such insufficiencies. I regret that i spend the money for that game. Zen does a much better job. Thank you ZEN. I hope that Zen will get the licenses for some original tables eventually.
    Last edited by katschunka; 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• maink
    replied
    the ps3 demo for pinball arcade has finally arrived

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Oskari14 View Post
    Man, maybe I should give pinballistik a try!
    Go for it! When you buy the main game ($4 US, not sure for EU), it contains demos of the add-on tables.

I personally like the game. The only issue I have with it is that you can't change the controls* and two of the trophies are broken.

* The launcher and flipper buttons are the same as Zen's, but the nudging is stuck on the D-pad (very annoying).

Leave a comment:

• Oskari14
    replied
    Man, maybe I shoud give pinballistik a try!

Still nothing for EU yet!

Yesterday I downloaded the demo for this game in Xbox and I tried each table. The physics are way better and improved from their older games, but the ball still feels a little bouncy.

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    And some times it goes the other way around, especially with Creat Studios' games. For example, it took two months for the US to get Pinballistik after it released in Europe.
    Wow...now I didn't know that. I still have to finish Pinballistik! LOL

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafie View Post
    Hopefully EU's release will follow suit within that same week, or the following week. I really hope so. I feel bad on how much you all get shafted on release dates.
    And some times it goes the other way around, especially with Creat Studios' games. For example, it took two months for the US to get Pinballistik after it released in Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Rafie
    replied
    Hopefully EU's release will follow suit within that same week, or the following week. I really hope so. I feel bad on how much you all get shafted on release dates.

Leave a comment:

• Oskari14
    replied
    Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
    From their latest newsletter:
    Add-on pack #1: Medieval Madness™ and Bride of PinBot™ as well as add-on pack #2: Circus Voltaire and Funhouse are currently in submission and will be released in June in North America for PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. The European versions of PS3 and PS Vita are also in submission and will be released once they have been approved by Sony.
    Thats great news! Still no Europe release!

Leave a comment:

• shogun00
    replied
    From their latest newsletter:

Add-on pack #1: Medieval Madness™ and Bride of PinBot™ as well as add-on pack #2: Circus Voltaire and Funhouse are currently in submission and will be released in June in North America for PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360. The European versions of PS3 and PS Vita are also in submission and will be released once they have been approved by Sony.

Leave a comment:

• peglegp
    replied
    some more older tables

11 older tables I'd love to see:

WILLIAMS - Congo
    GOTTLIEB - Stargate
    DATA EAST - Tales From the Crypt, The Simpsons, Last Action Hero
    SEGA - Baywatch, South Park
    STERN - Lord Of The Rings
    BALLY - The Shadow, Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone

Leave a comment:

• ShoryukenToTheChin
    replied
    Originally posted by x Zot x View Post
    FarSight will be debuting 'The Pinball Arcade' as well as sponsoring a Kid’s Bump ‘n’ Win Tournament at the 'Texas Pinball Festival' this year (March 23-25).

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

George Gomez, the pinball designer of Monster Bash, and others (Revenge from Mars, Lord of the Rings, Transformers, etc) will be the Special Guest Speaker and will have an autograph session.

I'm seriously thinking about going this year. Anyone else from this forum going?
    Wow thats awesome, darn can't go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X