Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Ars Technica Article About Console Certification Process

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...onsole-gaming/

Excellent read! That certainly explains a few things regarding ZP2 and other releases. This just gives me another reason to not like Microsoft. Thanks for sharing!
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
      Excellent read! That certainly explains a few things regarding ZP2 and other releases. This just gives me another reason to not like Microsoft. Thanks for sharing!
      LOL Oh Bearded!
      PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
      Gamertag- RAFIE82
      YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
      Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Thanks for posting this! Our experience working with Microsoft has been generally good, but I have heard similar stories from indie dev friends who've tried to go console (and usually end up just publishing on PC). This article brings up the Fez issue, and I was wondering if any of you had played it and were effected by the original patch that came out. I played the game, loved it and never had issues, but I can see why people would be upset after hearing that their issues would not be fixed after all.

Comment

What I found most interesting is the "tens of thousands" of dollars in recertification fees just to release a patch! I can understand the initial fee so that you can get display space on psn and marketplace. But a patch? It makes no sense. I have a better understanding of why zen is so slow in fixing bugs. Paying tens of thousands of dollars to fix bugs that slipped through QA every time you release a table(s) can definitely impact the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
          X