Happy Community Manager Appreciation Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Community Manager Appreciation Day

So believe it or not, there is a day that has been designated to pay recognition to those in this tough occupation (the 4th Monday of January). Since we have such a great one taking care of us I thought it would be nice for us to let her know how much we appreciate her work....then we can go back to abusing her. Not being a CM myself, I can only imagine the challenges Barbie's position demands. I assume the job listing would read something like this:

Community Manager Wanted

Fast growing company is looking for a energetic individual to fill the position of Community Manager for their forums. Qualified persons would possess the following skills and talents

Desire to interact with a loyal yet fickle fan base (seriously, some of these people are emotionally charged in their sleep)
    Convey news that may be disappointing and be willing to take the backlash of delivering it, even though you had nothing to do with it.
    Good writing skills is a must, as you at times must appease the masses with little to no information. So the ability to construct well organized blogs and tweets that actually have no new details is essential.
    Be the face for the company when a new product or update goes terribly wrong and the fan base mentioned above is organizing a lynch mob. You will be responsible for providing your own hiding shelter and provisions during this time (we recommend 2 weeks of supplies)
    Although the current community members can be a handful, we expect the applicant to actively seek to make it grow, thus adding more work, stress, and unstable elements to the position.

Interested people should question their life choices. After doing so, if there is still interest, please respond at the address below.

Thanks for your hard work and willingness to deal with us Barbie. Hope you have a great day! I'll send you a package of dried fruit and nuts for your shelter.
    Last edited by Everly; 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM.

Originally posted by Everly View Post
    So believe it or not, there is a day that has been designated to pay recognition to those in this tough occupation (the 4th Monday of January). Since we have such a great one taking care of us I thought it would be nice for us to let her know how much we appreciate her work....then we can go back to abusing her. Not being a CM myself, I can only imagine the challenges Barbie's position demands. I assume the job listing would read something like this:

Community Manager Wanted

Fast growing company is looking for a energetic individual to fill the position of Community Manager for their forums. Qualified persons would possess the following skills and talents

Desire to interact with a loyal yet fickle fan base (seriously, some of these people are emotionally charged in their sleep)
    Convey news that may be disappointing and be willing to take the backlash of delivering it, even though you had nothing to do with it.
    Good writing skills is a must, as you at times must appease the masses with little to no information. So the ability to construct well organized blogs and tweets that actually have no new details is essential.
    Be the face for the company when a new product or update goes terribly wrong and the fan base mentioned above is organizing a lynch mob. You will be responsible for providing your own hiding shelter and provisions during this time (we recommend 2 weeks of supplies)
    Although the current community members can be a handful, we expect the applicant to actively seek to make it grow, thus adding more work, stress, and unstable elements to the position.

Interested people should question their life choices. After doing so, if there is still interest, please respond at the address below.

Thanks for your hard work and willingness to deal with us Barbie. Hope you have a great day! I'll send you a package of dried fruit and nuts for your shelter.
    This is awesome! Thank you so much! Definitely made me laugh because it really does take a certain kind of (crazy) person to be a CM... which reminds me, it's almost been a year since I started here at Zen!

Comment

Really now? Well, it's not that far fetch I guess considering that there is a International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19th.

Comment

Well then, thanks Barbie you do a great job! And since I missed the b-day thread, Happy belated Birthday, and congrats on your upcoming anniversary at Zen Studios!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
          Well then, thanks Barbie you do a great job! And since I missed the b-day thread, Happy belated Birthday, and congrats on your upcoming anniversary at Zen Studios!
          Thank you! Some days I feel like a total jerk when I don't have good news to share, glad you guys are happy to have me around!

Comment

Working...
          X