Table tour and beginners hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table tour and beginners hints

What I think is severely lacking on Pinball FX2, is the ability to take a tour of the tables. One should be able to take a flight over the layout and zoom in and out where ever. Pinball arcade has this feature.

What also should be added are explicit markers for what you should hit next. In the heat of gaming, I can't afford to look away from the table to read the dot-matrix. And even so, when playing a new table the instructions on the matrix are more than often not clear enough because you don't know yet what the targets are called. Mind you, eventually all comes together so this is a beginners issue. But it would certainly be helpfull when learning the tables. Reading the guides the nice people here on the forum make, just isn't the same as having a big arrow pointing out where you should aim the ball next.

Originally posted by Rbox View Post
    What I think is severely lacking on Pinball FX2, is the ability to take a tour of the tables. One should be able to take a flight over the layout and zoom in and out where ever. Pinball arcade has this feature.
    There should be one there already. On the PS3 version, you just hold the square button and tilt the controller. I believe the 360 version they use the X button and the left analog stick. I'm not sure about the PC version, but it should work similar to the 360 version.

Comment

On mobile devices - press and hold the camera change button.
      Use the device tilt/gyros to pan around.
      You can do it in game as it pauses the action too.

Far superior to the Pinball Arcade one, where they charge you £2.50 on top of the table purchase price for the pro pack with operator settings. They have just introduced a tilt meter though in the latest beta (if you have the pro pack) which is pretty handy as I'm a heavy nudger, and terrified to do this in Zen as the default settings are tight.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
        There should be one there already. On the PS3 version, you just hold the square button and tilt the controller. I believe the 360 version they use the X button and the left analog stick. I'm not sure about the PC version, but it should work similar to the 360 version.
        Yes. Bummer that I missed that. Playing on X360 btw. Can't believe I fell into the RTFM pit.

Comment

Working...
        X