Free Play Mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Play Mode?

Hey there. First off, I just want to say that since I was a kid, I've loved playing pinball and Zen's collection of tables are all really fun to play. I think Guardians of the Galaxy is my absolute favorite for just sheer atmosphere and fun factor.

Trouble is, I'm not a kid anymore. A decade of data entry and professional illustration work have given me a real bad case of carpal tunnel, and though with exercise and care I can play for a little while, I just can't put in the hours needed to genuinely get good enough to beat multiple modes on one play anymore. The options certainly help, but after a while, I reach my ball limit and I realize that I'll probably never see Ultimo on Iron Man, or any of the endgame modes for the tables. That leaves me wondering: Will Zen ever offer a free play mode? Obviously I would expect it to be disconnected from online scores/achievements and what have you, but I would really love to just be able to play an ongoing game until I beat all the table's modes and reach the 'end.'

Now, I know the spirit of pinball is competitive, and there's going to be a natural impetus to gate certain things behind difficulty, but I genuinely don't think I can get much better than I am now, which is far inferior to how good I used to be. Would this ever be considered?

If so, or if not, I would also like to ask if we could remap the buttons for flippers a bit more robustly? I would greatly love to be able to use my thumbs for the face buttons rather than fingers for the bumpers on the PS4.

Originally posted by Norithics View Post
    Hey there. First off, I just want to say that since I was a kid, I've loved playing pinball and Zen's collection of tables are all really fun to play. I think Guardians of the Galaxy is my absolute favorite for just sheer atmosphere and fun factor.

Trouble is, I'm not a kid anymore. A decade of data entry and professional illustration work have given me a real bad case of carpal tunnel, and though with exercise and care I can play for a little while, I just can't put in the hours needed to genuinely get good enough to beat multiple modes on one play anymore. The options certainly help, but after a while, I reach my ball limit and I realize that I'll probably never see Ultimo on Iron Man, or any of the endgame modes for the tables. That leaves me wondering: Will Zen ever offer a free play mode? Obviously I would expect it to be disconnected from online scores/achievements and what have you, but I would really love to just be able to play an ongoing game until I beat all the table's modes and reach the 'end.'

Now, I know the spirit of pinball is competitive, and there's going to be a natural impetus to gate certain things behind difficulty, but I genuinely don't think I can get much better than I am now, which is far inferior to how good I used to be. Would this ever be considered?

If so, or if not, I would also like to ask if we could remap the buttons for flippers a bit more robustly? I would greatly love to be able to use my thumbs for the face buttons rather than fingers for the bumpers on the PS4.
    If you open up the operator's menu, you can increase the number of balls per game (up to 10 max), you can play much longer and get some good practice in. This disables the leaderboard but it's definitely worth checking out if you are looking for a kind of free play or practice mode. Here is a guide that walks you through how to use it: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...vigation-Guide

Also... booooo carpal tunnel! (I have it too).

Comment

Working...
    X