Guwange on XBLA!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guwange on XBLA!!!!

Alright, not really PFX related, but I assume if you are on this forum you most likely have already purchased the game. I also assume as fans of pinball you can appreciate old school arcade fun. Guwange was just released on XBLA. If you don't know Guwange is a classic scrolling shmup by the masters of the genre, Cave. If you like this kind of game please support Cave by purchasing it. Cave has taken baby steps in bringing their games to the US. First with Japanese only releases of Mushihimesama Futari and Espagaluda II, but with no region encoding on the discs. They tehn followed that with an actual north american release of Deathsmiles. This is the next step for them. Heres a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz0gGDRNCMc

Also, buy all the PFX2 tables if you have not already

I tried the demo. A full HD upgrade would have been nice, just adding a wallpaper is kind of cheap. I like the Japanese SHMUP genre though, maybe I'll purchase it in the future, especially if it goes on sale.

Comment

I played the demo, then immediately bought it.

Its a lot of fun, I'm not as good as I'd like to be, but its fun.

I painted my xbox purple to match the Deathsmiles faceplate. It looks absolutely amazing.

Comment

Purple huh...nice. Japan is getting all the great shmups. I really hope some more trickle our way, at the very least in region fee format, but preferable fully localized. I believe Cave is even releasing Pink rSweets and Muchi Muchi Pork together on one disc in Japan. Slim chance we'll gat that in the US. There's always hope for Akai Katana, which is still fairly new in the Japanese arcades, though. I tend to get my shmup fix from my Sega Saturn, which is loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Phiveball View Post
          Purple huh...nice. Japan is getting all the great shmups. I really hope some more trickle our way, at the very least in region fee format, but preferable fully localized. I believe Cave is even releasing Pink rSweets and Muchi Muchi Pork together on one disc in Japan. Slim chance we'll gat that in the US. There's always hope for Akai Katana, which is still fairly new in the Japanese arcades, though. I tend to get my shmup fix from my Sega Saturn, which is loaded.
          Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2 are region free... only ones too. I really hope we get muchi Muchi pork... if Muchi gets released and not region free, I am going to have to buy a JP xbox.

My xbox!

Comment

Saturn Ultimate Edition

I'm more excited about Radiant Silvergun in 11..but, I ran across something about a Saturn Ultimate edition earlier..can't find the better link..but here's the Sega forum where they are guessing on what games it will include..(I figure since I already have the shmups on Live, It may be a waste of cash..but I'll hold off on a few till they release what's in it) http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...3-amp-Xbox-360 ..that's wild..I need to find the site where they just announced it again, these posts look old..lol..I really did just find info on this earlier today, I promise..it was at one of the game sites ..lol
            Last edited by PinkLunarCamel; 12-27-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

There it is ..coming feb 11...http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1140186p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2 are region free... only ones too. I really hope we get muchi Muchi pork... if Muchi gets released and not region free, I am going to have to buy a JP xbox.

My xbox!

Looks like Muchi Muchi Pork will be region free.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkLunarCamel View Post
                  If its shmups I'll be all over it. My guess is it won't be though.

Comment

Working...
                  X