Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii U Multiplayer Controls?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wii U Multiplayer Controls?

    Just picked this game up today from the Wii U e-store.

    I tried to start a local multiplayer game but the 2nd player cannot join by pressing A on a Wii U Remote. Is the 2nd player limited to a Pro Controller and not a Wii U Remote?

    I cannot find any documentation on the 2nd player controls, nor in-game on the help menu. If there's a trick to it let me know.

  • #2
    Originally posted by JunoReaktor View Post
    Just picked this game up today from the Wii U e-store.

    I tried to start a local multiplayer game but the 2nd player cannot join by pressing A on a Wii U Remote. Is the 2nd player limited to a Pro Controller and not a Wii U Remote?

    I cannot find any documentation on the 2nd player controls, nor in-game on the help menu. If there's a trick to it let me know.
    Just purchased Castlestorm for Wii-U .... Cannot get Local multiplayer to work either!!

    Using the Wii U gamepad and Wii Classic Gamepad controller...

    What gives?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sonicHeart View Post
      Just purchased Castlestorm for Wii-U .... Cannot get Local multiplayer to work either!!

      Using the Wii U gamepad and Wii Classic Gamepad controller...

      What gives?
      Sorry! Classic controller won't work - only the gamepad and pro controller for local MP.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
        Sorry! Classic controller won't work - only the gamepad and pro controller for local MP.
        Any plans to support wii remote in the future? I assume a lot of people would pay extra for such a feature.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by legolas_ro View Post
          Any plans to support wii remote in the future? I assume a lot of people would pay extra for such a feature.
          I don't think so - at least not that I am aware of. I'd certainly post if that were to change.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
            I don't think so - at least not that I am aware of. I'd certainly post if that were to change.
            Respectfully, this is a fail. Just bought this game with my son, got ready to play multiplayer, finished a singleplayer level to make sure we didn't need to unlock multiplayer somehow... then had to Google search to find out we needed a Wii Pro controller? $50 controller we don't need for any other Wii-U game? Looking back through the various game info pages, it doesn't describe this requirement anywhere I see. Maybe I missed it.

            You absolutely have to make this requirement crystal clear. It's essentially like not having multiplayer at all, which is okay if we knew that -- but this seems an obvious thing to have missing in the game requirements.

            I respectfully request a free game update which enables Wiimote/nunchuk controls, or even classic controller. I understand if you cannot do that, but it would be disheartening.

            Comment


            • #7
              Disappointed with the lack of classic controller support for Zen Pinball 2, as well. I hope it gets added in a patch.

              Comment

              Working...
              X