Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castlestorm VR unplayable with 980 Ti?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Castlestorm VR unplayable with 980 Ti?

    I load up Oculus home with no problems, no latency, I can move and turn my head no problem. As soon as I load up Castlestorm VR (and only Castlestorm VR, no background processes running) I immediately start feeling sick. There's just something juddering and "off" about it that's making me feel nausea. I've played tens if not hundreds of hours of Pinball, I'm not sure why this game is so unpleasant at release when that game was excellently tuned to prevent nausea!

  • #2
    Testing

    I also did a little more testing, it doesn't appear to be framerate (unless fraps doesn't work properly with Rift), because it was displaying 90 fps with no dips. I still feel a little dizzy from the experience (less than 30 seconds), was really looking forward to playing this!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey, thanks for the report.

      Do you have this problem in the Movie Theatre main menu as well, or just in the first level? What about the second and third stages (Kingdom Arena and Dark Forest)? Viewpoints are a bit different there so let me know

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
        Hey, thanks for the report.

        Do you have this problem in the Movie Theatre main menu as well, or just in the first level? What about the second and third stages (Kingdom Arena and Dark Forest)? Viewpoints are a bit different there so let me know
        Thanks for replying.

        I played some more last night, as the game is quite a lot of fun. The issue seems to stem from turning my head too quickly.
        The Movie Theatre does seem to make it more pronounced, but after testing it last night as long as I didn't whip my head around I wasn't experiencing nausea. When I turn my head quickly it seems to introduce a judder or skipping issue which is very unpleasant.

        Every stage has the issue but is similarly "solved" (ultimately it still seems like some sort of camera issue, I know some games have a "comfort mode" which causes nausea for people, but am unable to say if this is a related issue) by not quickly moving my head.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wincy View Post
          Thanks for replying.

          I played some more last night, as the game is quite a lot of fun. The issue seems to stem from turning my head too quickly.
          The Movie Theatre does seem to make it more pronounced, but after testing it last night as long as I didn't whip my head around I wasn't experiencing nausea. When I turn my head quickly it seems to introduce a judder or skipping issue which is very unpleasant.

          Every stage has the issue but is similarly "solved" (ultimately it still seems like some sort of camera issue, I know some games have a "comfort mode" which causes nausea for people, but am unable to say if this is a related issue) by not quickly moving my head.
          Thanks for letting us know! I will send your feedback to the team.
          Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, I got the same problem.
            I'm having these microstutters when looking around. Almost like it's dragging behind and micro-lagging. I'm well above 90 fps and got no problem at all with other games. This is the first game from Oculus Home that I've experienced this. It makes me kinda ill very fast and it's not pleasant.

            Can I do anything about it? I got a 970 and a strong intel CPU, SSD harddrive and 16 gb RAM. So it's something with the software?

            i7-4790K @4.00Ghz
            GTX 970
            16 Gb RAM
            Samsung SSD harddrive

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stilfull View Post
              Yeah, I got the same problem.
              I'm having these microstutters when looking around. Almost like it's dragging behind and micro-lagging. I'm well above 90 fps and got no problem at all with other games. This is the first game from Oculus Home that I've experienced this. It makes me kinda ill very fast and it's not pleasant.

              Can I do anything about it? I got a 970 and a strong intel CPU, SSD harddrive and 16 gb RAM. So it's something with the software?

              i7-4790K @4.00Ghz
              GTX 970
              16 Gb RAM
              Samsung SSD harddrive
              Thanks, I'll let the team know.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stilfull View Post
                Yeah, I got the same problem.
                I'm having these microstutters when looking around. Almost like it's dragging behind and micro-lagging. I'm well above 90 fps and got no problem at all with other games. This is the first game from Oculus Home that I've experienced this. It makes me kinda ill very fast and it's not pleasant.

                Can I do anything about it? I got a 970 and a strong intel CPU, SSD harddrive and 16 gb RAM. So it's something with the software?

                i7-4790K @4.00Ghz
                GTX 970
                16 Gb RAM
                Samsung SSD harddrive
                Can you send us a dxdiag log? Just email it to support at zenstudios.com Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  We've updated the game - please let us know what you think once you've installed the update

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Fixed

                    Much better now! I'm gonna dive into this tonight, thanks so much for the update!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wincy View Post
                      much better now! I'm gonna dive into this tonight, thanks so much for the update!
                      Yay!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        From reading reviews this game seems to be somewhat overpriced for what it is. Even if it has all the previous content it reportedly does not take full advantage of VR and the graphics are more 2D than 3D. Read a number of reviews including those on the Oculus Forums and this is a comment running through all the reviews I read including some video reviews on youtube.

                        I would pick it up if it gets some improvements or rather the price drops significantly, it is after all a port from mobile and PC with nothing substantially new and not particularly outstanding in VR.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X