Official KickBeat Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official KickBeat Thread

We are very excited to announce our latest creation, KickBeat! KickBeat is an experimental music game for the PlayStation Vita, offering a fresh, innovative new spin on the music game genre.

KickBeat mixes a beat matching mechanic with hard-hitting music from well-known artists such as Pendulum and Marilyn Manson, and even indie projects like Celldweller and Blue Stahli, KickBeat offers several ways to interact with music and 3D characters! Our Creative Director, Neil Sorens shares a bit about the inspiration for this avant-garde game:

“Several years ago, we asked ourselves, ‘What would happen if we took a beat-matching game, replaced the abstract cues like bars, arrows, and button icons with kung fu fight scenes, and set it all to some incredibly intense music?’ We spent three years turning that idea into in KickBeat, and anyone looking for something fresh and exciting and the music genre is in for a treat."

Please see our post on the PlayStation Blog for a more in-depth look at KickBeat and feel free to ask questions!

I hope there is a chance that if this does well it will find its way to Xbox Live Arcade etc. because by what ive seen/read this is something that I would be very interested in playing.

I love these type of games like Rez & Boom Boom Rocket which I own on 360 of course.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Ah, so that's Zen Fu's new name.

Comment

That's fantastic news! I will certainly partake in this awesome endeavor!
        PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
        Gamertag- RAFIE82
        YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
        Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Comment

Well, render me very disappointed that this is a Vita exclusive. Would've bought this game very gladly if it came on the 3DS as well, or even xbla for all I care.

Game looks great though, my compliments. Too bad I ain't getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPanic View Post
            Well, render me very disappointed that this is a Vita exclusive. Would've bought this game very gladly if it came on the 3DS as well, or even xbla for all I care.

Game looks great though, my compliments. Too bad I ain't getting it.
            Thanks for the compliment! We're bringing the game to Vita right now because Sony was the most receptive to the game. It could end up elsewhere later. We can't self-publish on XBLA, and no publishers are interested in an unproven music game. If the game is successful, though, we could have an opportunity down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
              Thanks for the compliment! We're bringing the game to Vita right now because Sony was the most receptive to the game. It could end up elsewhere later. We can't self-publish on XBLA, and no publishers are interested in an unproven music game. If the game is successful, though, we could have an opportunity down the road.
              That's good news for Sony. I hear they're practically begging developers to create games on that platform.
              PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
                That's good news for Sony. I hear they're practically begging developers to create games on that platform.
                Sony is being a really supportive partner so far with KickBeat. Not a lot of 'traditional publishers' were into the game - but we wanted to make it anyway because we love the idea and once we got started we knew it could be great. If it does even remotely well, we will take it to as many platforms as possible.

Solitude deserves a lot of credit for this game. If you like KickBeat, make sure he hears about it!

Comment

Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                  Sony is being a really supportive partner so far with KickBeat. Not a lot of 'traditional publishers' were into the game - but we wanted to make it anyway because we love the idea and once we got started we knew it could be great. If it does even remotely well, we will take it to as many platforms as possible.

Solitude deserves a lot of credit for this game. If you like KickBeat, make sure he hears about it!
                  Its nice seeing his Baby come to life, well done my good sir.
                  sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                  *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                    this actually makes me pretty happy. seeing as i do not have a Vita, i can't wait to see if it gets a chance on the 3DS.

Comment

I'm disappointed with you Zen. A PS Vita exclusive.... really??? I was kinda excited for the game ever since the naming contest... But seeing that it's on a useless platform that I don't plan on buying made this game absolutely irrelevant for me. I wish you good luck with the Vita release. Hope you don't shoot yourselves in the foot sales wise by cutting out your PS3 and 360 fan base.

Comment

You must make this cross-platform with PS3, you can't have my money otherwise.

...and don't forget to add that feature (I mentioned this on the EU PS Blog) where the opponent AND the main combatant reacts to the music (in game and custom).
                        PSN: taurus82
                        Twitter: 17taurus82
                        Youtube: taurus170582

Comment

I just saw the demo a few moments ago and I will admit that before I hit play I was apprehensive. However, the premise looks unique and as long as the execution and song library are varied and, in the case of songs and stages, expandable through DLC, I will give this game the shot it deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by CMaverick444 View Post
                            I just saw the demo a few moments ago and I will admit that before I hit play I was apprehensive. However, the premise looks unique and as long as the execution and song library are varied and, in the case of songs and stages, expandable through DLC, I will give this game the shot it deserves.
                            Thanks! You'll actually be able to use your own music in KickBeat

Comment

Greatness

That is possibly the best news that I could have heard for this game. I was going to get this anyway, but now I am as eager for this as I am for ZP2 on the Vita and I bought 2 Vitas so that is saying something...

Comment

Working...
                              X