Just cancelled Pinball Pass - It isn't ready for Consumers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just cancelled Pinball Pass - It isn't ready for Consumers

UPDATE: They fixed the table access feature on 4/5 - Follow the steps below to get back to enjoying Pinball Pass.

Original post:
    I figured Pinball Pass would be a good way to see the state of the game. Turns out the game is good but Pinball Pass itself isn't ready for Prime Time. It requires a new "Xsolla" login and 2 factor authentication each time I run Pinball Fx even when "remember this device" is selected (more than about 30 minutes apart). Now its stuck in a half logged in state where it doesn't register the Pinball Pass part of my user but when I go into the pinball pass menu it says I'm logged out. Logging in from there prompts 2 factor but sign in fails after it has been 2 factor authenticated. I can't force a sign out so each time I boot up I am logged into my account but unable to access any of the games on Pinball Pass. Kinda confirms my worst suspicions' about this subscription model; Zen isn't ready for it logistics wise. They aren't ready to even handle the logistics of login for a service which is priced at a premium.

No responses from support going back to day of launch; again for an active subscription that isn't exactly aggressively priced to begin with.
    Last edited by Pinballdad34; 04-06-2022, 06:24 PM. Reason: Updated because issue with not having access to tables has been fixed

Thank you for your report and we are sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on this issue at this very moment as well, hopefully, we will be able to resolve this as soon as possible.
    In the meantime, we have an update on this situation. Our team has released a fix just now, which should help with accessing the tables.

- Please make sure to start up the game fresh (if you have it running, please close it and restart it)
    - Please also make sure that you are logged in at the Pinball Pass Menu

The next step for us, we are working on solving the issue of having to log in on more occasions than intended. Hopefully, we will have a fix for this as well soon!
    Community Manager
    Zen Studios

Comment

Thanks for the update. The support representative got back to me today as well and it appears the fix has worked. The problem of not being able to access tables has been fixed.

It now works if you follow the instructions written above.

I will be renewing with the Annual Pass now that it has been resolved.

The support agent was great. I don't want to use a name on the internet but initials A.G in email support was great.
      Last edited by Pinballdad34; 04-06-2022, 06:13 PM. Reason: wrong initials

Comment

At least you were able to subscribe. Every time I try to subscribe, I get the xsolla login page which goes to a white screen.

Comment

Originally posted by UnnDunn View Post
          At least you were able to subscribe. Every time I try to subscribe, I get the xsolla login page which goes to a white screen.
          Hi UnnDunn, could I ask if you still experience this issue? You should be able to log in if you click on your Profile->Pinball Pass-> and Sign In in the top right corner.
          Community Manager
          Zen Studios

Comment

Working...
          X