Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX2 VR won't launch

Hi ,

thrilled about the concept , but all fails here...
    Im running Windows 7 SP1 with an Oculus DK2 , running the latest 1.3.
    All Oculus apps run fine , once installed FX2 VR will not launch from the HOME app , nor will it run from the monitor screen once i click START. (it shows it's starting for a millisecond , but then quits)

No error messages, just back to a solid "START" position again.

My rig runs a GTX960 with the latest drivers, and again. all others seem to work fine , except this fine piece of art..

could not find any log/exit file with errors ,

[UPDATE: Even upgraded to Windows 10 with DX12 , no sigar :-( ]

please assist

Dennis
    Last edited by denniz78; 05-11-2016, 03:13 PM.

Originally posted by denniz78 View Post
    Hi ,

thrilled about the concept , but all fails here...
    Im running Windows 7 SP1 with an Oculus DK2 , running the latest 1.3.
    All Oculus apps run fine , once installed FX2 VR will not launch from the HOME app , nor will it run from the monitor screen once i click START. (it shows it's starting for a millisecond , but then quits)

No error messages, just back to a solid "START" position again.

My rig runs a GTX960 with the latest drivers, and again. all others seem to work fine , except this fine piece of art..

could not find any log/exit file with errors ,

[UPDATE: Even upgraded to Windows 10 with DX12 , no sigar :-( ]

please assist

Dennis
    You need to install DirectX older runtime. See my post in another similar topic thread. Sorry I am on my phone right now and cannot write more.

Comment

Originally posted by Zantetsu View Post
      You need to install DirectX older runtime. See my post in another similar topic thread. Sorry I am on my phone right now and cannot write more.
      thanks for your reply , much appreciated .. Since the upgrade i'm on windows 10 and DX12.
      Not sure if there is a separate DX installer for W10 , thought it was embedded ..

any thoughts , since i dont get any errors (non DX related , actually no errors at all)

thanks again !

Dennis

Comment

ok , on top of my Windows 10 DX12 , just downloaded DX enduser runtime:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=7087

successfull install , rebooted the machine.....

same result :-(

Are you guys running 1.3 oculus , or an older version ?

Comment

Originally posted by denniz78 View Post
          ok , on top of my Windows 10 DX12 , just downloaded DX enduser runtime:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=7087

successfull install , rebooted the machine.....

same result :-(

Are you guys running 1.3 oculus , or an older version ?
          Hm, that link doesn't look like the one I used, and I think that link you posted only installs DirectX 9. I think you need DirectX 10. I can't remember exactly where I found the link to the one I installed.

I believe the file that I needed was d3dcompiler_43.dll. Anyway, I believe that I got it by using this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

When you run that installer, it asks you to extract it to a directory; I created a temporary folder on my desktop to extract it into. Then if you open that folder, there is a setup.exe to run to install the DirectX runtime.

You'll know you got it right if you end up with a file called:

D3DCompiler_43.dll

in your

C:\Windows\System32

directory.

If you already have that file and are still getting the error, then I guess you have a different problem than I did.

You can try starting Pinball FX2 VR directly instead of from the Oculus Home ... I can't remember where Oculus stores its programs though, it's on the C: drive somewhere under an Oculus program install ... and I'm not at a computer that has Oculus installed at the moment so I can't find it for you. But look for the Pinball FX2 VR install in there, and double-click to run it. I was able to see a dialog that helped me figure out what the problem was (missing D3DCompiler_43.dll), whereas when launching from Oculus Home you don't see anything, Pinball FX2 VR just exits.

Comment

[SOLVED]

Ok , thanks for the tip , really appreciated !

i found (by starting the game manually) that MSVCP100.DLL was missing , This is a C++ library

installed some Visual C++ libs and all was fine !

Dennis

Comment

Working...
            X