No announcement yet.

Balls of Glory Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't spent a whole lot of time playing them yet, but so far I like them all. American Dad may be my least favorite, which I found odd after seeing Deep designed it as his are usually my favorite. I thought the two sinkholes on the right slowed the game down too much, but again, I haven't played much and maybe I just haven't figured out the tables flow yet.
    I'm on the fence about the more realistic slingshots. On some tables I don't mind them, even like them, but on more frustrating tables like Age of Ultron, I find myself wishing for the old ones.
    My only real problem with ZP2, and I've said this before and know it's not something that can be changed, is how the proscore leaderboard got messed up by including every version of the soccer table. Chasing scores on that was what had me playing every single day for a really long time, but ever since the soccer table messed that up I've lost a lot of my ZP2 enthusiasm. If at all possible, when ZP3 comes out, could some please change it so that this doesn't happen. Maybe just include the highest score across all versions if a person owns more than one.
    Sorry, I kind of went off topic.
    Anyway, good work to all involved. I'm off to play some more.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok Bob's burgers is growing on me. For me I think the challenge is making sure that your kickbacks are up. I usually don't have a problem doing bang backs but that left side seems nigh impossible to do so every time. I'm not sure what it is.

That said I think the best way to score on this table is Wizard mode which is somewhat simple to get to. Basically shoot the center ramp 4 times for self promotion (2m finish bonus) Do this again so you can server 3 customers.

Start orders hitting the sinkhole Bob's burgers 3 times. I try and shoot the right loop then the cross-ramp shot with the upper left flipper. Bob says 'I'd recommend the burger of the day' Each lane lit now gives a 1m bonus. Once orders is done basically shoot Lanes and combos in fry mode to rank up the cost of your burgers. I think the more you fry the bigger the delivery bonus is when the customer lanes are flashing. Or you can just wait till the timer goes down if you feel that some shots can be a risk of draining. If you drain mode, you'll have to start over again shooting the sinkhole 3 times.

Once done with fry mode Random lanes flash and you shoot appropriate lanes to keep them lit and server your customers. It's basically a hurry up for each lane hit. I had it up to 4m+ it decreases pretty rapidly so light lanes as fast as you can. Basically repeat the above steps and wizard mode is lit at the sinkhole. Wizard mode is lit both night and day I'm not sure if it's different for either.

Wizard mode is a 4 ball MB score jackpots then try and hit the super jackpot on the cross-ramp. Scores are random depending how many modes you finish.

Trick or treat MB (Night) shoot the right spinner till the mileage get's down to zer0. Jackpots are 250k which is kind of minuscule. I'm not sure if you can increase it so doing this MB seems kind of pointless. The daytime MB gives you bit more in scoring but not again seems like it's pointless as the scores aren't very high. Wizard mode is the best way to score. Other modes when completed give you a range of 2 - 5m. Stacking them can be rewarding them.

Fun table. I find it much more engaging than Family guy.
      Last edited by tenorhero; 10-30-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Not to derail the thread, but I agree with hunter328 that its too bad the proscore leaderboard got messed up by including every version of the soccer table. The players that exploited this advantage by buying and playing every soccer team should be ashamed of themselves.

OK, back on topic. American Dad is by far my favorite of the four. Family Guy is too easy and the other two seem incomplete. The 'threat level' part of AD is excellent and I like that there are several varying strategy decisions to be made according to game situations. (Which extra ball should I go for, or should I go for a kickback...or raise the threat level...or start a mission...)

As far as "mature" cartoons go, I'd just love a Squidbillies pinball, although I suppose its humor would be too dark and weird for many.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter328 View Post
          I haven't spent a whole lot of time playing them yet, but so far I like them all. American Dad may be my least favorite, which I found odd after seeing Deep designed it as his are usually my favorite. I thought the two sinkholes on the right slowed the game down too much, but again, I haven't played much and maybe I just haven't figured out the tables flow yet.
          I'm on the fence about the more realistic slingshots. On some tables I don't mind them, even like them, but on more frustrating tables like Age of Ultron, I find myself wishing for the old ones.
          My only real problem with ZP2, and I've said this before and know it's not something that can be changed, is how the proscore leaderboard got messed up by including every version of the soccer table. Chasing scores on that was what had me playing every single day for a really long time, but ever since the soccer table messed that up I've lost a lot of my ZP2 enthusiasm. If at all possible, when ZP3 comes out, could some please change it so that this doesn't happen. Maybe just include the highest score across all versions if a person owns more than one.
          Sorry, I kind of went off topic.
          Anyway, good work to all involved. I'm off to play some more.

Well, now I look stupid. That's what I get for giving my opinion too early. American Dad is now definitely my favorite of the four. Whenever you all decide to make it, I hope DEEP is the one to design the Twin Peaks table.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, now I look stupid. That's what I get for giving my opinion too early. American Dad is now definitely my favorite of the four. Whenever you all decide to make it, I hope DEEP is the one to design the Twin Peaks table.
            I knew it was just kind of a misunderstanding Glad to hear you explored the possibilities in this table.

Comment

Funny, I had the same experience. First impressions of this table weren't good so I played all the others, I went back to it and realised how good it is! A fun, solid table. My one complaint would be I wish the two main multiballs were more interesting.

Comment

I had a small glitch earlier this week in the helicopter ( if ferget his name)((Bertram?) anyway I had a freeze up when missles collided and it was the 'last point to be had- I'm running 99% on PS4 now, ( where it happened). I just hit the reset button on the controller to quit game, went back in and optioned 'not continue' previous game- all is good
                You youngin' go right ahead and complain about the table simplicity- I'm havin' just too much fun! I get amazed @ the origins and how all the electrics "under the table" and sequencing is done! I'm tellin' everybody by werd of mouth about Zen Pinball!- Started with primary on the app store with Apple, now I'm not fighting with a keypad on a rolling sub desk! just a sticky left R1 switch!
                BTW, I'm Captivethumb on the PSN.
                Johnny

Comment

yk8mnq

I'm a pinball noob.. But Family Guy has me hooked !!! Put 20hrs in since buying it. Its hilarious. The sound effects are spot on !

Well done Zen 10/10 for me... Hardly touched the other tables. So can't comment on 'em. Just loving Family guy.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
                    I'm a pinball noob.. But Family Guy has me hooked !!! Put 20hrs in since buying it. Its hilarious. The sound effects are spot on !

Well done Zen 10/10 for me... Hardly touched the other tables. So can't comment on 'em. Just loving Family guy.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Would love to read a strategy guide on the best way to achieve a high score on FamilyGuy. Not that i'm probably good enough to hit everything i'm supposed too, when against the clock, most of my high scores are probably attributed to luck more than anything.... After 25 or so hrs, the best score i've been able to acheive is 97mil, but most my games end around the 30mil

I know you all say its too easy. But I don't think anything in Pinball is easy. Whilst i continue to practice, would you all agree Wizard mode is the best way to mega points? So with that being said, should players always aim to complete each mission one by one to get to wizard mode or just go with other missions.
                      Last edited by thedoc46; 02-11-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoc46 View Post
                        I know you all say its too easy. But I don't think anything in Pinball is easy. Whilst i continue to practice, would you all agree Wizard mode is the best way to mega points? So with that being said, should players always aim to complete each mission one by one to get to wizard mode or just go with other missions.
                        In pinball it's all about the risk/reward factor. Wizard Mode isn't always the best way to score points because it's so hard to get there on some tables and make it work in a way that big points are actually possible. Sometimes wizard mode is best but other times it's better to go for multiballs, spam ramps or repeat the same side mission over and over again.
                        As far as Family Guy is concerned I honestly can't even remember. I think I did go for wizard mode on that one though.

Comment

The only Zen Pinball DLC I haven't bought so far because I hate the cartoon look of the tables, especially the ball and flippers.

Comment

Lois and Meg Griffin should be used like Francine was

Wonderful wonderful American Dad pinball. Francine a delight on it
                            Then you have Family Guy. Why wasn't Lois and Meg used the same way ?
                            Why the worst characters - Joe Swanson (not the worst), Peter and the tedious Brian - used, while no Lois, no Meg, and precious little Quagmire ????
                            Archer and Bobs Burgers I have no interest at all
                            A Rick and Morty INSTEAD of Archer and Bobs Burgers and more Lois/Meg/Quagmire would have me buying this for my PC (refusing to pay full price for stuff like Bobs and Archer, I already have American Dad on my Sony Z2)
                            Last edited by PhilK; 08-25-2016, 05:00 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                            X