Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please check the FAQ at the top of this thread - I have made a couple of very important changes to it regarding the leaderboard issues and imports starting with The Walking Dead table.

    Comment


    • Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

      Cheers for the update Barbie, I don't mind buying it twice across both Xboxes, as you deserve some money for all the free stuff you have given us!

      It's interesting that TWD won't import though, whereas GotG did, any explanation?


      Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ
      Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-27-2014, 05:55 PM.

      Comment


      • Ooooh... I was waiting for TWD Table and it cannot be imported to Xbox One at launch. I'll wait until it would be possible, so I could pay it once and play in two platforms.
        I hope you'll find the way to import tables soon!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
          Please check the FAQ at the top of this thread - I have made a couple of very important changes to it regarding the leaderboard issues and imports starting with The Walking Dead table.
          I can´t believe that after 2 weeks i´m not able to import the core tables... I miss Biolab so badly, I don´t understand why it´s so difficult ...

          btw, i´m gonna buy the twd table today... but i still missing biolab anyway....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by joaomelo View Post
            I can´t believe that after 2 weeks i´m not able to import the core tables... I miss Biolab so badly, I don´t understand why it´s so difficult ...

            btw, i´m gonna buy the twd table today... but i still missing biolab anyway....
            We are still working on it. Keep in mind this is a very complex system on a new platform. We are still figuring things out, but we will get it fixed.

            Comment


            • Damned if you do... (you've released this too early there are too many glitches)

              Damned if you don't... (what's taking so long?)

              I personally think that Zen are doing a fine job juggling multiple tech, both old and new and doing there best to keep everyone happy, while running a company in a marketplace where others have struggled and fallen.

              Keep on keeping on Zen!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nod Nolan View Post
                Damned if you do... (you've released this too early there are too many glitches)

                Damned if you don't... (what's taking so long?)

                I personally think that Zen are doing a fine job juggling multiple tech, both old and new and doing there best to keep everyone happy, while running a company in a marketplace where others have struggled and fallen.

                Keep on keeping on Zen!
                Thanks!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
                  Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ – Updated 8/26/2014


                  What about the original Pinball FX Collection, Nightmare Mansion, Buccaneer and Rocky & Bullwinkle?
                  These are not coming to Xbox One. These were built in old tech, and cannot make the next gen jump.
                  isnt Excalibur and Earth Defence old tech as well ?

                  old tech or not, Agents, Buccaneer, Extreme, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Speed Machine, Street Fighter2 need to come!

                  i am counting on you guys!




                  -
                  Last edited by SpieleNerd; 08-28-2014, 12:11 AM.

                  Comment


                  • This is what I don't get, Earth Defense, Excalibur, and Street Fighter II were also "old tech", but are making the jump, so why can't everything else?

                    I call shenanigans!


                    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SpieleNerd View Post
                      isnt Excalibur and Earth Defence old tech as well ?
                      Yes, but they made two versions of the table at the time of development. One for Pinball FX 1 (Xbox 360) and one for the Zen Pinball 1 (PS3). The Zen Pinball 1 version ran on newer tech and it was easy to convert that one to the new physics engine found in Pinball FX 2 and Zen Pinball 2.

                      Street Fighter 2 should appear eventually, since it's in the same situation as Earth Defense and Excalibur. However, the other tables listed were solely made for Pinball FX 1. They lack several features that are impossible to apply without remaking the entire table from scratch again. That's 9 months per table btw.

                      Comment


                      • I can't see remaking a table taking as long as building a table from scratch, the design side of things has already been completed.


                        Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

                        Comment


                        • Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

                          *post deleted*
                          Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-28-2014, 03:18 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BBIAJ View Post
                            I can't see remaking a table taking as long as building a table from scratch, the design side of things has already been completed.
                            I'm just repeating what Solitude said on these forums last year. Solitude used to work for Zen and he was part of the technical side. If he says that it would be difficult, then I will take his word for it.

                            He noted that the tables would have to be redesigned for the geometry to work properly with the new physics engine. Not to mention the ROM portion will have to be redone to get a full functioning Operator's Menu.
                            Last edited by shogun00; 08-28-2014, 02:40 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

                              Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
                              I'm just repeating what Solitude said on these forums last year. Solitude used to work for Zen and he was part of the technical side. If he says that it would be difficult, then I will take his word for it.

                              He noted that the tables would have to be redesigned for the geometry to work properly with the new physics engine. Not to mention the ROM portion will have to be redone to get a full functioning Operator's Menu.
                              Fair play, and an interesting insight, cheers!
                              Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-28-2014, 03:42 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Interesting. I actually can relate with a similar experience. I used to make maps for Counter-Strike, and trying to rebuild them to work in Counter-Strike:Source just doesn't quite work the way you'd expect. Everything is just different enough.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X