Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BBIAJ View Post
    From the top of the first post of this page:

    Update regarding new releases being added to Xbox One: The Walking Dead Pinball table will not be able to import from Xbox 360 to Xbox One at launch. We are continuing to work with Microsoft in regards to how new tables will transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but no decision has been finalized at this point. If we can make it happen, the imports/transfers would go from Xbox 360 to Xbox One only, as we are doing now with legacy content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ
    That isn't the point. This should have been on the page to read when the game was purchased. After everything that happened 99.9% of the people assumed this would be crossbuy too. I cannot help but feel I was mislead by Zen on this whole thing since it was not something they had made clear in any way shape or form when buying it. Please face reality, most people do not go on the internet searching out faqs on something like this, esp when they believed the issue was fixed to begin with. I only wish I could get a refund on 360. Sure its only $3, but its the idea of the whole thing with no warning when the table was bought. Its like Zen wants your money, but they don't want you to know there is a potential problem with the purchase first.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Phantasystar77 View Post
      That isn't the point. This should have been on the page to read when the game was purchased.
      Most publishers don't/can't list bugs on the purchase page. Nor can every retailer be liable for not giving correct information about game X you want to buy in a box in an actual store. You also don't find bugs/issues/errors on games that have been released weeks/months ago but not patched yet by the developers.

      The FAQ was well documented and updated before, during and after the release of FX2 to One; most sites I know even post links to the Zen-forums for additional info including http://majornelson.com/2014/07/29/pi...ox-one-update/ . Now, I might be very much mistaken but if "Mr. Xbox" himself posts about Zen, I reckon you could've known before purchasing.

      Sorry, but being on the internet might mean the internet can do something for you, like supplying information before you buy. This is not just for games but for any product/service you want to use after the day it was released; the internet is loaded with information, bugs, errors, fixes and other knowledge about almost anything.
      Last edited by OctagonQontrol; 08-29-2014, 08:15 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by programad View Post
        Hi, Zen Studios.

        Thanks for the awesome game that Pinball FX 2 is.

        Any news on the Core Pack import issues?
        I have the same issue, no core pack or Rome available for import despite owning them on my Gamertag on 360.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by OctagonQontrol View Post
          Most publishers don't/can't list bugs on the purchase page. Nor can every retailer be liable for not giving correct information about game X you want to buy in a box in an actual store. You also don't find bugs/issues/errors on games that have been released weeks/months ago but not patched yet by the developers.

          The FAQ was well documented and updated before, during and after the release of FX2 to One; most sites I know even post links to the Zen-forums for additional info including http://majornelson.com/2014/07/29/pi...ox-one-update/ . Now, I might be very much mistaken but if "Mr. Xbox" himself posts about Zen, I reckon you could've known before purchasing.

          Sorry, but being on the internet might mean the internet can do something for you, like supplying information before you buy. This is not just for games but for any product/service you want to use after the day it was released; the internet is loaded with information, bugs, errors, fixes and other knowledge about almost anything.
          Oh, so before I buy anything online I should be required to search the internet for faqs to make sure the company is not misleading me in any way? No, Zen SHOULD HAVE posted a warning on the page you buy the product off of. It would be up front, and direct. I assumed everything was good with crossbuy on the system after the major complaints last July. I was wrong. I've been a major support of Zen over the year with rebuying the same tables on various platforms since the original Pinball FX but this makes me question even buying on the PS3 anymore. They knew that the crossbuy thing was a major issue before and they should have known to post a warning on the page where you actually buy the table, and not hidden in a faq in their forums. You can defend them misleading people all you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that most of the gaming population does not search out forums to find a faq before they buy every little thing. This is especially true with something that cost $3. And again it is not about the price, its about the fact that they were not upfront with it on the page I bought the table on. You also notice the lack of responses from Zen themselves to forum comments about this? They were all over things a month ago when the crossbuy thing first hit.

          Comment


          • Zen don't need to respond to anything, they made us aware of the crossbuy issue BEFORE the table released on Xbox One.

            They're in the clear as far as I am concerned.


            Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

            Comment


            • Their pinballs maybe.


              Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

              Comment


              • yes because they mentioned it in a forum that barely anyone who plays the game actually visits theyre in the clear lol.

                i wonder how many people who already owned the core pack on 360 have already bought it again on X1 not knowing it was supposed to be free if you owned it already since its taking them weeks to fix the issue. sad thing is i had renewed interest in the game after not playing for a couple years and i was ready to buy the newer tables but waiting for this to get fixed my interest is now gone,thanks Zen!

                Comment


                • Please, bring back all the old tables. They are classics! Pinball history! They can't be lost. Specially Nightmare Mansión, Bucaneer and Agents. You say that they are in "old tech". But you can rebuild in "new tech". Pinball FX is not only Star Wars and Marvel, we like the "independent" tables. For older players, Pinball FX are that tables, living classics that cannot be lost. So please, bring back them. It couldn't be so so so difficult to do it.
                  Thanks, and sorry for my english
                  275 x ThumbsUP!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by OctagonQontrol View Post
                    Most publishers don't/can't list bugs on the purchase page. Nor can every retailer be liable for not giving correct information about game X you want to buy in a box in an actual store.
                    Ah, but pretty much all publishers do add "Do not purchase this if you already own _____" messages on XBL all of the time. The only time they don't is if you use the in-game store links, which is totally on the studio/publisher. So, really, there is an onus on Zen for clearer communication with the customer base. That said, there's also an onus on the customer to verify things for themselves.

                    Comment


                    • Sorcerer's Lair table

                      I've been having problems with the achievement Pathfinder-25G. This achievement has popped up twice during gameplay. When I tab over to the achievements column it shows I haven't unlocked it. I've unlocked other achievements on this table like normal. Is this one achievement glitched? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the whole game and table. Any info on this subject would be appreciated.
                      Last edited by SuperScorpio24; 09-02-2014, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
                      $$24

                      Comment


                      • I actually unlocked this one no problem on day one, although a couple of other Sorcerer's Lair achievements were initially glitched for me, they did get fixed eventually, whether by Zen or Microsoft, I'm not sure.

                        I hope that this issue resolves itself for you soon!


                        Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

                        Comment


                        • Greetings,

                          Originally posted by jmt77mad View Post
                          Please, bring back all the old tables. They are classics! Pinball history! They can't be lost. Specially Nightmare Mansión, Bucaneer and Agents. You say that they are in "old tech". But you can rebuild in "new tech". Pinball FX is not only Star Wars and Marvel, we like the "independent" tables. For older players, Pinball FX are that tables, living classics that cannot be lost. So please, bring back them. It couldn't be so so so difficult to do it.
                          Thanks, and sorry for my english

                          Originally posted by BBIAJ View Post
                          Seconded!
                          Originally posted by SpieleNerd View Post
                          275 x ThumbsUP!
                          Would also really love to see this happen, I would even buy them due to the work/time involved in rebuilding them, I did after all get them free once from FX to FX 2 on 360.

                          Would not have a problem with it at all, and I did buy The Walking Dead twice...

                          Comment


                          • As long as it gets fixed eventually, gravy.

                            Comment


                            • Upset

                              So what do we do if we had to buy the core set but had already owned it on 360. Talked to MS support already and they said to take it up with you. Wouldn't even offer a credit to buy tables I had never owned.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ozbuffinatic View Post
                                Unfortunately it wants to charge me for the tables on the marketplace as well. I will just wait for them to correct the problem.

                                I did check the marketplace for the 360 version of the game and according to it I have purchased the Core Collection and Fanastic Four but haven't purchased Captain America (this is strange because I have played it on the 360 and have a high score showing).
                                The Core pack issue is still being worked on, but the others should import if you go to ‘Manage Game' on your Xbox One, scroll to the right, and you will see content listed as ‘Ready for install.' Let me know if that does not work!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X