• Sep 2014

Can't import

Can't import
      Gamertag = Chris Hertha

Can't import Marvel Pinball original, Excalibur

Comment

• peterkoz
        • Aug 2014

Walking Dead was released AFTER the compatibility transfer was announced as essentially working and we were told mainly the really old tables wouldn't import. okay i can understand that. But TWD was released afterwards with x1 and 360 versions the same day. They got up on a high horse and said they'd do everything possible to get as many tables to work as possible.

No warning on the digital marketplace and its been how many weeks since they said they'd work on it? They got the good publicity on giving the free next gen table transfer great. Now get to work on fixing it. I seriously suspect they are purposely slowing down and delaying this ability they said they'd do. In the meantime no disclaimer and i strongly suspect they will drag this on as long as people accidentally buy it or more likely get tired of the delay and swallow the cost

The fury and outrage over the inability to transfer went away and they are seriously hoping they can sweep this underneath the table. IT's really odd that the most recently released table out of all the tables on the marketplace after the fix apparently doesn't work

Comment

• Matt McLean
          • Jul 2014

Can't Import Earth Defense or Excaliber or Marvel Original Pack

Hey,

I haven't been able to import Earth Defense, Excalibur or Marvel Original Pack on my Xbox One. Gamertag: Azazel Hellion3

I'm wondering, in the case of Earth Defense and Excalibur is possibility due to the fact that I purchase them on Pinball FX (the very first version on the Xbox 360)?

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Hey everyone - I totally understand the confusion here, but again, like I have said, we do not control the Xbox Marketplace. No developer has access to post whatever messages they want on the Marketplace.

Keep in mind that we are working hard so that you do not have to pay for our product. We had a lot of issues with imports when we released Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and it took some time, but we got it resolved. Please be patient, and again, do not purchase tables if you have already paid for them on Xbox 360.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
              Pinball Wizard
              • Feb 2012

For those of you with leaderboard issues, we have just released a patch! Please update Pinball FX2 and let us know if you continue to have issues with the leaderboards.

This does not affect the import issues that have been reported, I will update as soon as I have news on that.

Comment

• BBIAJ
                • May 2014

Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                For those of you with leaderboard issues, we have just released a patch! Please update Pinball FX2 and let us know if you continue to have issues with the leaderboards.

This does not affect the import issues that have been reported, I will update as soon as I have news on that.
                Patch doesn't seem to be live here yet in the UK, I shall keep checking, and report back.

Comment

• draradda
                  • Sep 2014

help

hi i cant transfer marvel pinball original pack its trying to charge me, please help cheers, gamertag - TOS Dra Radda

Comment

• ashnine
                    • Sep 2014

Hello,
                    I cannot import Excalibur or the Marvel Pinball Original Pack.
                    Gamer tag: Ash9

Comment

• TV_Junkie
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by peterkoz
                      Implying Zen is some helpless idiot under its master's control and whim and has no ability to stand up for itself (sentence fragment). MS may control the marketplace but Zen is still a publisher and as such is valuable to them. Zen: "We are a helpless publisher. MS controls the marketplace! Yeah, we could technically ask them, but seriously, why? That's more money for us if some users have to buy it twice."

You're telling me Zen can't ask them to place a prominent disclaimer next to The Walking Dead DLC stating explicitly that it does not currently crossover? More like Zen doesn't want to and is hoping some ignorant buyers will still click buy because, well, that's [an] extra sale for them. Stop acting [as] if Zen has absolutely no control over the sale of their own product.

BTW, zen, how's the effort to see if you can suddenly make TWD transferable? Please take your time; [it's] not like some people won't probably break down and buy it, which is probably what you're really hoping for.

Also, TV, no they have not (sentence fragment, ???). If you're still selling a product and there's no disclaimer next to it, guess what? YOU'RE NOT DOING EVERYTHING! If I have to go into the back of the store to see a small list it doesn't count! Nor does digging for it on a FAQ section on a website or in a posted thread somewhere in a forum.

Where in the world do you get [the idea that] they [are] doing everything possible to inform consumers about this board not being transferable? Certainly not on the marketplace - where it should be, in theory - where you buy it. I bet there are tons of consumers who expected - rightly so - that this would transfer to X1 from 360.

Laughable [is] the comment [that] they have been doing everything to warn users, because that's flagrantly not the case.
                      First of all, that is just a nightmare hellscape of grammar errors and spelling mistakes. Joking aside, a quick proofread would go a long way toward helping you come off more like a cool-headed-yet-concerned member of this community, and less like a foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic.

I am not implying Zen is some helpless idiot. I am stating the fact that Zen has zero control over the marketplace. They cannot modify any items or their descriptions, even if they created the product. How exactly do you suppose they would post a "prominent disclaimer?" It's a digital storefront, not a message board.

Zen has no control of the sale of their own product. They are the developer of the product. In this scenario, Microsoft fills the role of distributor. I suppose technically, Zen could have never made an Xbox One version of Pinball FX 2, but then we wouldn't be having this sparkling conversation.

Zen clearly does not want people double-dipping. Otherwise, Barbie would not be urging all of us to remain patient and not purchase anything a second time.

If you think about it, the only reason any of this is an issue is because the tables are available at all. If they didn't even exist in the marketplace, you'd have no reason to be angry. Should the tables be removed from the marketplace? I'd say no. I see no reason why someone who never bought them in the first place, and would be making the purchase for the first time, should be denied them when they are available to download.

It's interesting that you complain that they are not doing everything possible, and in the very next sentence, suggest an excellent example of a solution which is perfectly impossible, as has been stated time and time again.

Also this.

Comment

• TV_Junkie
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by BBIAJ
                        Patch doesn't seem to be live here yet in the UK, I shall keep checking, and report back.
                        Seems to be working for me. I launched the game and promptly saw all but two of my tiny trophy icons disappear.

Comment

• BBIAJ
                          • May 2014

Hmmm, I've been checking the leaderboards for Epic Quest and TWD, and it's not showing my correct scores yet.

Comment

• shogun00
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2011

Zen: We are a helpless publisher MS controls the marketpalce! yeah we could technically ask them but seriously why? thats more money for us if some users have to buy it twice.
                            Microsoft actually benefits from it more than Zen, since Microsoft gets 30% of every transaction and just like you are doing, all of the anger goes right to Zen Studios. Microsoft gets an easy pass and continues to twiddle their thumbs doing nothing, while Zen loses customers left and right.

Your telling me zen can't ask them to place a prominent disclaimer next to the walking dead dlc stating explicitly that it does not currently crossover?
                            Correct! Every disclaimer and event (ie tournaments) that are ran on Microsoft's servers have to be approved by Microsoft. This rule also applies to Sony's PSN as well.

Zen is a really small game developer and they rely heavily on the first party companies' servers for both digital distribution and online functionality. What Microsoft (along with Sony, Nintendo, Google, Apple, Valve, etc...) says goes.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Feb 2012

Hey guys - I understand that this is a highly frustrating and bizarre situation, but please, let's try to keep this thread for people who need to report their issues, and leave it to us and Microsoft to worry about the details. Filling this feed with arguments doesn't help me to get your reports handled any more quickly. Again, those of you who have already sent us your gamertag, thank you! To those who have not, you can either post them here or send them to me directly via private message or email: support at zenstudios dot com.

Comment

• Kylehbocc
                                • Sep 2014

Yeah sure as rain there was a 60mb update when I started it today. So right off the bat I'm thinking that I can now import the tables I couldn't before. Nope, marvel original pack, Excalibur and earth defense STILL REFUSE TO IMPORT !! . Again my gamer tag is KyleHboc, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...