Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Mars positionned between Pasha and Rome ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Mars positionned between Pasha and Rome ?

Everything is in the title. I know this might be the most stupid thread ever created on this forum, but I wonder why the "Mars" icon stands between Pasha and Rome, I don't see any reason to separate those two... ?

Also, couldn't there be a new feature to be able to choose the location of the icons in our table collection ? The current layout isn't natural at all to my mind. And, even more interesting, couldn't we have folders ?

- "Marvel" folder
    - "Classic" folder (old tables)
    - "Modern" folder (PFX2 core and Mars, and later we can add Earth Def and Excalibur when they get updated one day, getting hot-seat and local scores)

We would choose which few "favourite" tables would be available directly. For example, if I mostly play Rome and Excalibur, I would only have those two icons on the screen. Other tables would be accessed through folders...

The best would be to be able to create our own folders and organize tables as we saw fit...

Everything is in the title.
    Originally posted by Vincent View Post
    I know this might be the most stupid thread ever created on this forum,
    Epic!

So far this is my Favorite thread here
    Want to play some PINBALL FX2? Add me as a friend on Xbox 360! My Gamer Tag is Tryton1000

Comment

Oh, you're just rubbing it in that you got the table early....can you tell I'm jealous?

Comment

I just want to hurt you right now Vincent!! You listening, HURT YOU!!

Other than that, I'm wondering how the games icons will look when there are 30+ tables, super dinky?

Comment

It's possible the tables are in the order they were developed, separated by period (Marvel, FX 2, FX). Mars was released last October; development on the 360 version may have begun after Pasha but before Rome.
          They took our pinball machines!
          Let's revolt, who's with me?
          Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Maybe ZEN should think of making the order a live attribute (that is constantly updated like the leaderboards) where the tables are ordered from the most played to least played tables over the last couple of weeks (or in total). In this way even if you have 50 tables, the "best" tables will be shown first. One problem with this though is the tendency for new players to then also mentally believe that these tables are the best and then to start focusing on them, rather than playing through all of the tables and this will end up with some of the tables artificially staying at the top. In the end I think that wouldn't matter too much and that it will actually work well though if the time period that is being looked at is chosen correctly.

If this is too complicated to implement... some ordering, along the lines of what has been discussed above, will be appreciated.
            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton1000 View Post
              Everything is in the title.

Epic!

So far this is my Favorite thread here

Thanks lol

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
              I just want to hurt you right now Vincent!! You listening, HURT YOU!!
              lol I deserve it a little...

Comment

The content will likely change position once full release occurs. Right now you are seeing a 'pre-release' arrangement. Expect Mars to show up in a different location on the 20th.

Comment

Hmmm, my theory was that it would be tournament order (SOTD, Biolab) followed by a Pasha Tourney and then Mars. Seriously, Zen doesn't do a Mars tourney to boost its sales about 2-3 weeks after its release, they are missing the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by rapierdwit View Post
                    Hmmm, my theory was that it would be tournament order (SOTD, Biolab) followed by a Pasha Tourney and then Mars. Seriously, Zen doesn't do a Mars tourney to boost its sales about 2-3 weeks after its release, they are missing the boat.
                    That is a great marketing idea. Boost new table sales with a tourney planned about 2-3 weeks after every release. It gives everyone enough time to get used to the new table and learn the rules.

After downloading MARS, I booted up FX2 and at first glance couldn't spot the new table. I assumed it would be at the top near the Marvel tables, not sandwiched in between the FX2 core tables. I figured that was some sort of prerelease quirk.

Comment

Originally posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
                      I figured that was some sort of prerelease quirk.
                      You're quicker than I am

Comment

Working...
                      X