• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Can I pay for it with fairy dust :3
    Now you're taking it too far.

Comment

And in the end we all know we would've bought it just becuase it's from Zen.

Comment

I'm sure I've seen this suggested before, but I'd like to reiterate it here. I want the option to choose which camera view is used during multiball modes.

Comment

Originally posted by mumva View Post
          I'm sure I've seen this suggested before, but I'd like to reiterate it here. I want the option to choose which camera view is used during multiball modes.
          I can understand why they are using camera 6 for the multi-ball modes, because it's a fixed camera. If anyone has Zen Pinball for the PS3, they know quite well with the Shaman table (too many ball locks) that the scrolling cameras (2,3,4 and 5) can't keep track of multiple balls. However, there is no excuse why they can't give us the option to switch to camera 1 or 1W during multi-ball modes. Those two cameras are also fixed.

Comment

Average score per table

I would like it if the score screen for each table indicated my average score for the table. Consistently improving my average score is a great goal to have for each game, and keeps me motivated even if it doesn't seem likely that I will get close to my high score.

I'm totally addicted to this game, but I'm still working to improve my skills
            >.<

Comment

Best table ever

A Mortal Kombat Table would be awesome and could make tons of money

Shao Kahn saying that was weak and pathedic
              Scorpion Get over Here
              Liu Kang gobblegobblegobble LOL

cage, Goro, Shang tsung all the ladies ECT

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyCAGE View Post
                A Mortal Kombat Table would be awesome and could make tons of money

Shao Kahn saying that was weak and pathedic
                Scorpion Get over Here
                Liu Kang gobblegobblegobble LOL

cage, Goro, Shang tsung all the ladies ECT
                A Goro 4 ball multiball seems apt. Still, MK is like the Mickey Mouse of fighting games, it's just not hardcore enough.

Comment

Honestly, if an MK table was anything near as atrocious as the SF2 table, I wouldn't even play it.

Comment

Originally posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
                    Honestly, if an MK table was anything near as atrocious as the SF2 table, I wouldn't even play it.
                    After playing it properly I can say it really is a decent table. If you exploit the multiball you can rack up point fairly quickly and safely. You do need to get the kickbacks up though.

Comment

Some more suggestions from my side:

Table Specific

Multiple Leaderboards: On-line Leaderboards should be available for all the pre-sets (easy, normal, hard) in a tables operators menu. This will allow players to test their scores more on their level of skill. Superscore can be calculated using a formula e.g. easy scores - 1/3 counts towards superscore, hard - 1 1/3 counts towards superscore.

ZEN response: None

Other

Table Reviews: ZEN should attempt to have skilled players officially review their new releases. In my opinion most of the reviews on-line e.g. for Fantastic 4, does nothing to show prospective players what they can expect from a table and if it is worth buying. It seems that most reviewers are not pinball players that can test the tables modes and path towards a tables Wizard Mode.

Video Reviews: To add to the above suggestion. A video review by a competent player (the ones I have seen are atrocious) will speak much more towards prospective buyers than any written review. This review can show the speed and flow of the table, examples of modes and multi-ball and some of the special features to look forward to on each table (without giving the table away).

Video Tutorials: Video Tutorials/Walk through for each of the tables that are similar to the ones presented by http://www.youtube.com/user/CGRpinballPAPA. I would suggest that this be done a couple of months after the release of a new table so that it is more as a tool to help new players to learn pinball skills and know-how and not to take away the magic of discovering a new table.

Last edited by Cloda; 05-24-2011, 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling
                      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

The new MK is a fantastic game. Good amount of depth, especially when taking into account enhanced specials, combos into x-ray moves etc... I'd love to see a table based on this game.

It's REALLY easy to imagine ideas for this...:

- Start of game quotes:
                        "TEST... YOUR MIGHT."
                        "WATCH THIS!!!" (Johnny Cage)
                        "You, are a pathetic weakling!" (Shao Kahn)

Game modes:

- GET OVER HERE!!! Hurry up mode, hit the scorpion ramp. Scorpion ramp has a model of his arm (similar to spiderman's websling), but the ramp itself is his spear.

- Sub Zero Clone Multiball: 2 balls, 1 turns to ice. Use the ice ball for a specific shot.

- Soul Hole: Shang Tsung's sinkhole for stealing souls. Choose a soul with the spinner then sink the ball to start soul stealing mode. On success, provides character-specific bonuses to the game.

- Saibot hole: ball enters a black portal and returns from various possible locations as a 'shadow ball' for a limited period, with added scoring potential.

- F-A-T-A-L-I-T-Y letters start game modes, or kickbacks

Other Game modes:

- The Pit "Send them to the spikes!"
                        - The haunted forest "Watch out for the trees!"
                        - Test your might - hit everything on the table in a limited time period.

- Wizard mode: Perform a Fatality on Kahn (Fight him, beat him, FINISH HIM!!! - timed FATALITY chance)

Liu Kang "Enter the Dragon", Sonya Blade "Boot Camp", Raiden "God of Thunder"... could do so much with it.

Comment

My suggestion:

- Please add an option to dim the light(s) of the room so the lights become pretty

- add glass on the table to make it more real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                            Table Reviews: ZEN should attempt to have skilled players officially review their new releases. In my opinion most of the reviews on-line e.g. for Fantastic 4, does nothing to show prospective players what they can expect from a table and if it is worth buying. It seems that most reviewers are not pinball players that can test the tables modes and path towards a tables Wizard Mode.

That is what I attempted to do with the MARS pinhead review. I saw a lot of the reviews from known sources were extremely lacking in letting you know how a table plays. Once I get a little more time on F4 I am going to post another "pinhead" review for it.

Video guides and reviews are a great idea Cloda... If I had some sort of video capture card I would be willing to do video reviews and tutorials on certain tables. Maybe in the future...

Comment

I know it would be madness but imagine a replay mode for the no1 score so you could watch what he/she did to get such a score, I know its not likely as scores can take hours and hours but it would be a fun feature imo.

A MK table is a must imo, MK has a very strong following and it is a hardcore fighting game, yes its not as technical as SF but it does have alot of depth to it. Its not just about the gore, MK does feel like you want to beat the opponent as fast as you can to see the fatality whereas SF kind of feels like chess where you have to think how would so and so pan out.
                              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                                I know it would be madness but imagine a replay mode for the no1 score so you could watch what he/she did to get such a score, I know its not likely as scores can take hours and hours but it would be a fun feature imo.

A MK table is a must imo, MK has a very strong following and it is a hardcore fighting game, yes its not as technical as SF but it does have alot of depth to it. Its not just about the gore, MK does feel like you want to beat the opponent as fast as you can to see the fatality whereas SF kind of feels like chess where you have to think how would so and so pan out.
                                Watch in replay how a table gets abused by grinding? No thx

Comment

Working...
                                X