Fantastic 4 top scores??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic 4 top scores??

As of 2pm EST (-5 GMT) on May 20, 2011 I have the top score on F4 and I have no idea how I got it. (Indy RC Racer2)

Wondering if something glitched, I checked the leaderboards and second place has a similar score to mine. I checked that person's high scores on other tables and they weren't anything spectacular.

This is leading me to believe that either there is some kind of glitch on the table or there is a way to score mega post-ball points.

------------

To recap my game, It started out fairly poor as I was just trying to get the 5 & 15 point achievements. Things started improving on either my 2nd or 3rd ball (wasn't really paying attention). I was able to active ball lock and locked 4 balls with Doom (and got the 5pt achievement). During multiball I was able to get all the ramp/orbit jackpots and the superjackpot by launching the ball back up the ramp to Doom. I think I hit a few more jackpots before getting back to 1 ball.

I really wasn't paying attention to my score at this point, but just kept playing. I activated Mr. Incredible mini-game. During Mr. Incredible I also activated Thing multiball, but I don't think I completed Mr. Incredible (got 5 out of 6). Eventually I got back to 1 ball in play.

Again I kept playing to see if I could get the 15 point achievement. A bit later I hit Thing again and got a Thing gift - 10x multiplier. After this I activated Human Torch mission. Eventually I got Torch up to 1 million degrees. However as I was watching the digital display to see my progress, I lost track of the ball and it drained down the middle. The drain happened almost simulataneously as the mission complete AND as the 15 point achievement popped.

At this point I was happy as I had reached the goal of the game - to unlock the 2 easier achievements. As I was watching the post game recap, I noticed that I had overtaken the few people on my friend's list. A few of them had decent scores, so I was a bit puzzled. I had to do a double-take when I saw I had over 900 million.

Since I hadn't expected to score big this game, I had just pressed buttons to scroll quickly through my final ball results. I have absolutely no idea how I went from what I thought was going to be a 40-50 million point game to a 900+ million point game.

Too bad I didn't get this score with my main account (Indy RC Racer),as it would have helped move me up a bit in my overall superscore rank as I'm stuck in the mid 20's overall.

-----------

Any thoughts, insights, or suggestions as to what happened would be appreciated. In the meantime, I am pleasantly baffled by my #1 score on F4 (for now).
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 05-20-2011, 06:32 PM.

Sounds like it has something to do with stacking certain missions and multiballs. Very interesting. I get to the wizard mode and barely score 150MM

I knew there were going to be some tricks to discover with this table that allow you to score HUGE! Hopefully the bright minds on the forums will crack this table wide open and let us know how to score big on F4. Lookin' at you blue

Comment

The more I think about it, I must have had an after ball bonus of around 90 million which multiplied by The Thing gift 10x multiplier would give 900 million.

Zen, is that even possible on this table with only getting some jackpots/super jackpots on 4 ball Doom multiball and completing Torch mission?

Comment

Did you have Human Torche's 40x ball bonus when you drained? It shouldn't work then, but you never know.

Comment

I have played this table so little (been playing Pinball Hall of Fame this week) that I haven't really learned the basics of F4.

I can say that the ball was "on fire" as it drained. Again, the drain happened about the same time as the spinner completed the Torch temperature goal and the 15 pt achievement popped up. They didn't all happen simultaneously, but within a second or 2 of each other.

Comment

It sounds like the 40x reward from the human torch mission applied to your EoB bonus, possibly AFTER the 10x was applied, effectively giving you a 400x EoB bonus. If so this is something that needs to be addressed by ZEN.

Comment

Originally posted by heathenSauce View Post
              It sounds like the 40x reward from the human torch mission applied to your EoB bonus, possibly AFTER the 10x was applied, effectively giving you a 400x EoB bonus. If so this is something that needs to be addressed by ZEN.
              If that's the case... it definitely needs to be addressed. You don't want to have your best scoring potential by a intentional drain

Comment

Well when I got my 700 million I was stacking multiball etc doing alot of crazy stuff.
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Jeez... I guess it must be the 40x multiplier that happened. I'm busy with a game at the moment where I have already got to Wizard mode twice (failed both times ) have activated both thing and fantastic 4 multi-balls at least twice and torch once, achieved two extra balls with my first ball, ended each of the first three balls (first + 2x extra) with 10x bonus and my score is currently on 460mil.... and I think that is about the best I can expect to do with three balls unless... 40x bonus happens

Edit: I chocked - after this post I went out for dinner with friends, had a good nights rest, got up relaxed, started up computer and xbox, looked at messages and forum... loaded up game in progress... and then started feeling the stress in my neck... last two balls a total of 3 million (even with negative energy ball saver and fantastic 4 multi-ball with 10x multiplier in the mix.... 463million. Go figure!!!
                  Last edited by Cloda; 05-21-2011, 04:10 AM. Reason: added Sad subnote
                  XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Im just waiting till someone freaking 40x my score of 700 Million and something, trust me I beat it will happen sooner then later.
                    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
                      If that's the case... it definitely needs to be addressed. You don't want to have your best scoring potential by a intentional drain
                      Now THERE is a mission I can get down with! Drain the ball for 500 million! I smell a leaderboard reset in the near future...

Comment

I think I had something similar happen to me. I got into human torch mission (my first) after 3 minutes or so of play. I had no bonus multiplier. I completed the torch mission and when the NOVA came on screen and the whole table lit up, my ball drained.

I didn't see my post drain bonuses because I didn't care. Next thing I know I had a score of 43 million.

I tried to reproduce this before posting so as not to point out a massive scoring glitch. I restarted, completed human torch and let the ball drain. No massive score increase. If this is a glitch related to human torch, it seems to be only when it happens before the DMD shows the countdown. Either when NOVA is onscreen or when the table lights up.

I hope people don't exploit this and cause a score reset!

edit: some simple math shows that it is likely the 40x on the drain. Because I sucked and had a small bonus score, we can assume the bonus would have been my usual:

400K mission
                        80K (forgot what this is for but I see it a lot..workshop maybe?)

= 880K * 40x = 35 million.

Add 1M for skillshot and various other points (does beating torch give you points?) and that is getting close to the 43 million I saw. Again, this was after 5 to 6 minutes of play total.
                        Last edited by Numanoid; 05-21-2011, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Okay, my high score is 965 million. After playing a bit more yesterday, I can say my skills on this table in no way could have netted an after ball bonus of 900 million. So using a bit of logic and math, I think we can determine that the 40x multiplier applied to the end of ball bonus.

Using 900 million, here is the math:

- 900 million divided by 40 = 22.5 million (40x Human Torch multiplier)
                          - 22.5 million divided by 10 = 2.25 million (10x bonus multiplier from Thing Gift)

It is perfectly realistic for me at this point to have achieved a base end of ball bonus of 2,250,00.

----------

It looks like the top 3 scores for F4 at the moment may have had the same thing occur. Note that none of the top few players have gotten the 30pt achievement for beating wizard mode. While this alone isn't a definite indication of a problem, another hint that this may be a bug is the high scores for other tables of the current F4 leaders are lower than what I would expect. Even my best scores between both of my accounts fall far below the scores of the elite Pinball FX2 players.

I think that we can conclude that there "may" be a glitch. While I can enjoy holding the top spot, I would much rather have gotten it through skill or genuine luck. Hopefully Zen can identify if there is a problem and correct it.

Comment

I went out of my way today to recreate this glitch, and it's a fact. The 40x Human Torch multiplier does indeed impact the EOB bonus. I only had a 2x multiplier going, and my EOB was over 80M. Needs fixed immediately. Leader boards will need a reset.

EDIT: Did this again, and it did NOT apply. Now I have zero idea what's up.
                            Last edited by UranusIsBroken; 05-21-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
                              Okay, my high score is 965 million. After playing a bit more yesterday, I can say my skills on this table in no way could have netted an after ball bonus of 900 million. So using a bit of logic and math, I think we can determine that the 40x multiplier applied to the end of ball bonus.
                              I've intentionally drained multiple times during the nova flame phase with a large end of ball bonus. The 40x reward has not applied. Hopefully we can figure out what triggers this so Zen can fix it.

Fantastic Four was released too early. There are a variety of bugs in the table logic, especially pertaining to multiball.

It looks like the top 3 scores for F4 at the moment may have had the same thing occur. Note that none of the top few players have gotten the 30pt achievement for beating wizard mode.
                              I completed the wizard mode on my first full game. ancient of war (currently in first) also has the Power Cosmic achievement. It looks like this may have happened to four players in the top ten: you, Big Thunder 53, CorinthianUK, and POWERSCHRIST. You are the only person of the four to earn the Flame On! achievement, so we can presume unlocking it is unrelated.
                              They took our pinball machines!
                              Let's revolt, who's with me?
                              Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Working...
                              X