Williams Pinball Classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams Pinball Classics

Just making a thread to see how many of the PFX2 community is going to be purchasing the Pal release of PHOF Williams Collection which has been retitled for the Pal release as Williams Pinball Classics.

I preordered the game from GAME for £25 - http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360...nball+Classics

I had that on order since last year, with all the madness of the delays it seems this Friday is finally the day that UK/EU will get to play this. I wont be at ease till the status says dispatched.

So who else from the PFX2 community preordered this, and if you have the US release could you share some opinions with the rest of us.

My Order status is still at Preorder, so I assume that means no stock yet.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Just receieved an email from the publisher System3 which I asked if Friday's release is still on and this is their reply -

"Hi there. The game is due for release this Friday.The game has left our warehouses, however, due to the last minute nature of the date confirmation, it's difficult to say whether all stores will have it in place on day 1.You'll need to ask the store you've pre-ordered it from.

Best wishes,
    Chandra
    "

Seems it is on but might not get the game day 1
    Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM.
    sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

I've had it on pre-order for months, mate. Good news.

Comment

Just checked on "Game.co" website and it has this Fridays release date.I have also been waiting over a year for this to come to the UK..umm but with my car insurance and road tax to re-new i will have to hang on and see how my money goes

Comment

Yeh its so close, Il update you if m order status changes..... come on say Dispatched!

Still says status - Preorder

Whats the status of you orders?
          Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM.
          sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Had it pre-ordered from zavvi for a while, up at £17.85 I think. Fingers crossed for friday, although it only says processing at the mo.

Good price though, still time if anyone wants to jump ship.

Comment

I've been playing Williams PHOF on the PS3 again for the last few days.

Unless the WPC edition is changed -- and I suspect it won't be -- I probably won't be getting it for the 360. When I first got the game, the physics looked good in comparison to Pinball FX 1. But it compares poorly against PFX2.

For example, Medieval Madness is seriously out of whack, with moonball physics and shoddy flipper collision detection. And then there's the low resolution table artwork and poor texture filtering.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                I've been playing Williams PHOF on the PS3 again for the last few days.

Unless the WPC edition is changed -- and I suspect it won't be -- I probably won't be getting it for the 360. When I first got the game, the physics looked good in comparison to Pinball FX 1. But it compares poorly against PFX2.

For example, Medieval Madness is seriously out of whack, with moonball physics and shoddy flipper collision detection. And then there's the low resolution table artwork and poor texture filtering.
                I will be looking out for some reviews (hopefully some pinhead will get a review out soon as I hate these review-because-I-am-paid-to crap). From their web-site it seems that they have made some improvements from the original including improved physics, real 3D models of features and high resolution life-like artwork. My guess is, after pinball fx 2 came out, they realised (apart from the legal hold-up) that they couldn't release it as it is because people will rather buy fx 2 with the better physics and graphics and that they thus first have to improve their products standard before releasing it.
                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

As long as its enjoyable Il like it, I know it wont match Zens perfection but I must support the Pinball Genre any way I can.

My Order is still at status - Preorder

I hope GAME isn't one of those who wont have stock for day 1.
                  sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                  Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Im thrilled this is coming to europe at last. I dont really care that pb fx 2 is probably better. I just wanna see all those williams tables in action . (Although it would be much cooler if zen got the rights to do so )

Comment

Originally posted by jop87 View Post
                      Im thrilled this is coming to europe at last. I dont really care that pb fx 2 is probably better. I just wanna see all those williams tables in action . (Although it would be much cooler if zen got the rights to do so )
                      Yeh omg if they did I would cry with joy. They should really do a Terminator 2 and Lethal Weapon 3 table again I remember they where freaking epic.

Just view this vid to see Terminator 2 table in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8vV5HJK6VY

Lethal Weapon 3 in action............. MILLION!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tqDdBh0jU
                      sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

GAME just sent me this in responce to a question I asked about if they have stock etc and when the product will begin shipping -

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the current release date we have from the publisher is 17/06/11,

When a release date is not a Friday, this sometimes leads to a change in the normal process
                        Often payments are taken in advance, usually a few days before the release date and products are kept ‘on hold’ until publishers allow Game to send the product.

Regards,
                        Charlie S
                        The Team at GAME"
                        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Just orderd mine from zavvi, looking forward to it it'll keep me going until the nxt fx2 table arrives.

Comment

It's pretty tough to find pinball machines in good shape in Europe, so it's great that this game is finally coming out there.

BTW here is another picture of some of the tables we like to play at the office
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                              It's pretty tough to find pinball machines in good shape in Europe, so it's great that this game is finally coming out there.

BTW here is another picture of some of the tables we like to play at the office
                              Nice! So, when is the forum meeting?

Comment

Working...
                              X