• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by The Albin0 Rhin0 View Post
    Are there any minigames?
    There are at least two.

1. In the upper left -- where the trompe l'oeil is -- there's a shield/bullets minigame. It's quite easy and fun. It only gives you 2 million per completion, but I think it can also award goodies (see below).

2. Below that is a ramp return corridor, lined with drop targets. You have to knock down all the drop targets by spamming the flippers; it's sort of a magnet game. Not sure if there are awards (other than points and mission completion) for this yet.

In the top middle there's the Cosmic Cube. You get random (?) awards when you knock out its defences and hit it. It seems to work like The Thing's Gift in FF.

[edit -- sorta, but not true. See later posts]

Other awards include things like starting a mission, bonus multipliers, extra ball.

One award is interesting: 30% chance of a ball save when you drain. May explain why Bucky says "Saved you Captain" even when the Ball Save light isn't on...

Originally posted by fubar View Post
    did you get an advance code?
    Yah. crackervizzio posted a message earlier today asking people if they wanted a freebie. I got lucky.

and is the table high scoring or no?
    Seems to be, yes. I've only scored 80 million so far, but haven't been trying.

You get bonuses in the millions even if you don't complete missions. A typical mission will give you 12 million or so for completion. Completing B-U-C-K-Y will give you 200K, compared with the 20K in MARS.
    Last edited by Womble; 07-01-2011, 03:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cloda
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt_Sideburn View Post
    Sounds great! I'm really looking forward to a new table, my time with F4 got cut quite short because of the scoring glitch. Most unfortnate since i really liked the table. Oh well, here's to hoping that CA won't suffer the same fate.
    I share you sentiments... sounds very similar to my experience and misgivings.

Leave a comment:

• Cloda
    replied
    Can't wait to play this table... it looks really awesome. I read the 65th anniversary edition of the comic the other day and from reading it I got a very good idea of what all is going to happen on the table. The rule-sheet also clearly indicated through its length that there is plenty happening...

Leave a comment:

• Sgt_Sideburn
    replied
    Sounds great! I'm really looking forward to a new table, my time with F4 got cut quite short because of the scoring glitch. Most unfortnate since i really liked the table. Oh well, here's to hoping that CA won't suffer the same fate.

Leave a comment:

• The Albin0 Rhin0
    replied
    I have always wanted to see a war type table. I got a question.

Are there any minigames? and is the table high scoring or no?

Leave a comment:

• fubar
    replied
    Originally posted by Womble View Post
    Really impressed!

There's a lot going on with this table; feels like Blade in terms of complexity and depth, but the table layout is cleaner and has a bit more flow to it.

Got 2 Cheevos so far, but haven't scratched the surface. (Haven't even started multiball yet).

The artwork is great.

The audio design is a noticeable improvement, and the music is stirring. None of the voiceovers have grated.

(Possible audio glitch: the Howlers sink-hole sounds like the TILT!)

Big plus: no hidden rollover lanes for bonus multipliers. Hooray! Instead, I think you have to a semi-hidden bank of three targets from the mid-right flipper.

Outlanes are a breeze. Lighting B-U-C-K-Y will light the left Kickback. (Which really does kick-back, for a change.) Repeating the sequence will light the right Kickback. The left ramp is an easy shot, returning the ball to the left-most inlane. Better yet, the Kickbacks remain lit across balls.

A nice feature: you get a mode scoring tally even if you fail a mode.

FWIW, this doesn't feel like a "superhero" table. It feels more of an action-adventure-war game. This is a good thing!

Thanks for the early play, Zen! You guys are great.
    did you get an advance code?

Leave a comment:

• Womble
    started a topic Captain America - First Impressions

Captain America - First Impressions

Really impressed!

There's a lot going on with this table; feels like Blade in terms of complexity and depth, but the table layout is cleaner and has a bit more flow to it.

Got 2 Cheevos so far, but haven't scratched the surface. (Haven't even started multiball yet).

The artwork is great.

The audio design is a noticeable improvement, and the music is stirring. None of the voiceovers have grated.

(Possible audio glitch: the Howlers sink-hole sounds like the TILT!)

Big plus: no hidden rollover lanes for bonus multipliers. Hooray! Instead, I think you have to a semi-hidden bank of three targets from the mid-right flipper.

Outlanes are a breeze. Lighting B-U-C-K-Y will light the left Kickback. (Which really does kick-back, for a change.) Repeating the sequence will light the right Kickback. The left ramp is an easy shot, returning the ball to the left-most inlane. Better yet, the Kickbacks remain lit across balls.

A nice feature: you get a mode scoring tally even if you fail a mode.

FWIW, this doesn't feel like a "superhero" table. It feels more of an action-adventure-war game. This is a good thing!

Thanks for the early play, Zen! You guys are great.
    Last edited by Womble; 06-23-2011, 06:10 AM.
Working...
X