Captain America - First Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIZARD MODE Completed

YAY!! Wizard Mode is completed, decided to give it another try before bed and I do it all with Ball 1. Ashame the leaderboard for Cap inst working. I do hope when the table officially releases the achievements are not removed.. becoz at the mo no one can see them but the earner.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

@ ShoryukenToTheChin

Congrats! I don't think the Cheevos will be removed. (Is it even possible for XBL to remove a Cheevo, except by an admin?). I am presuming that Zen will enable the leaderboards closer to the release date.

Anyone worked out what those red lights do on the Ambush minigame? (Apart from the 9 yellow bullet lights, there are also 8 red lights. One of them is sometimes lit, sometimes none.)

Originally posted by shogun00 View Post
      After spelling "SAVIOR", then it's "FRIEND". After that you just get a 10,000 bonus every time you hit the bumpers.
      Ah, I see. Hmm, that's a lot of work for such a little reward. Even if you turn 4X Bumper Scoring on, that's not much, relative to mission rewards.
      Last edited by Womble; 06-24-2011, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        @ ShoryukenToTheChin

Congrats! I don't think the Cheevos will be removed. (Is it even possible for XBL to remove a Cheevo, except by an admin?). I am presuming that Zen will enable the leaderboards closer to the release date.

Anyone worked out what those red lights do on the Ambush minigame? (Apart from the 9 yellow bullet lights, there are also 8 red lights. One of them is sometimes lit, sometimes none.)

Ah, I see. Hmm, that's a lot of work for such a little reward. Even if you turn 4X Bumper Scoring on, that's not much, relative to mission rewards.
        It's nice to hear you guys are enjoying the table. When's it come out again? LOL

Comment

Soon! The 29th for XBLA, I believe?

Can't say enough good things about this table. Enjoying every minute of it.

More factoids:

Commandos

Jim Morita rewards you with "Countdowns are slowed". Could be useful.

The currently active commando is indicated by a glowing medal at the bottom of the table. The medals are a bit hard to make out, but Bucky is the one on the far right.

It appears that when you gain a new commando, he is not automatically activated (unless it's Bucky from the Bucky Skillshot). You have to hit the captive ball to activate the newly acquired commando. A bit weird...

Possible Bug

After you make a successful skillshot plunge, the game gives you a shot to go for. At least three possible shots exist:

[edit -- this is completely wrong. Only the right ramp is the skillshot]

- Mine Entry ramp, or
          - ASSAULT ramp, or
          - Howlers sinkhole.

The Mine Entry shot is a bit queer. Firstly, the lamp for it flashes quickly, but dimly. It's quite hard to make out, particularly since the left ramp light will be flashing brightly as well. Secondly, and more problematically, the Mine Entry shot sometimes requires 1 shot during the Hurry Up, but sometimes requires 2 shots! This happened twice in a row for me tonight.

Supply Drop Mini-game

Every now and then, a Supply Drop symbol (black plane on red) will light above the Howler sinkhole (on the lower left of the table). You have a very short period of time (10 secs?) to hit the shot. If you do, you are taken to the Ambush mini-game.

[edit -- revised this info]

During the game, one of 8 small red icons will be visible in front of Cap. Win the Ambush round and you get a reward. Rewards include EXTRA BALL.

Fortunately, the Ambush rounds are a doddle. Cap faces 9 yellow lights. Randomly, one will light and then fire a "bullet" at Cap. You need to turn Cap so that his shield deflects the bullet. If you release the triggers, Cap will automatically return to the centre position, and you don't even need to turn for the front 3 lights. All you have to do is press the left trigger for the 3 left most lights, right trigger for the others. If you get hit, a shield symbol will light briefly at Cap's feet. 2 hits and the round is over; you failed. Complete the round, and you get 2 million points.
          Last edited by Womble; 07-01-2011, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info posted aobut this table. Wow... I am drooling over this one!

Everything about this table makes me think that it will be an instant favorite!

Here's to hoping that I win a 360 code in the Facebook drawing.

Comment

Zen, it's my birthday next month (21st), I'm gonna be 30, really would like one of them codes for whatever table come after the cap

Besides, it fills me with envy when I see someone playing a table before me

Anyway, only 4 more days, looks like a quality table.

Comment

Here's a version of Cloda's screenshot, with some annotation for the major targets and shots:

You may have to click on the shot to embiggen it.
                I'm going to point this out, since some are having a hard time understanding on how to get to the Supply Drop mini-game.

See the little red plain icon below the "Zemo's Castle Mini-game"? That's the Supply Drop target I was talking about. When the icon is lit, just hit the target and you start up the Supply Drop mini-game.

I played this a little more last night and found out how to light the target. You need to hit the bumpers and spell out a word. You have roughly about 10 seconds to hit the target before it goes off.

If you win the mini-game, one of the rewards is the ball save.
                Last edited by shogun00; 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                  Ashame the leaderboard for Cap inst working. I do hope when the table officially releases the achievements are not removed.. becoz at the mo no one can see them but the earner.
                  The PS3 version's leader boards are up and running. For some reason, I find it a little amusing.

First place is me with 516 million, second place is only 31 million and it goes down from there.
                  Last edited by shogun00; 06-24-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

They are for the Supply Drop mini-game. It's the same mini-game as the Ambush one, but each one of those icons are a reward. One of those is the ball save and another is to lit the extra ball.

Each word you spell out, lights the Supply Drop target to activate the Supply Drop mini-game.

I should also note, that if you found all four of the Howlers. The supply drop target is constantly lite.
                    Last edited by shogun00; 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I honestly believe this is Zens best work, the Table feels so fricking great. Oh and for defo the hardest part of Wizard Mode is Stage 3, Stage 4 is the easiest for me since I hit Ramps for fun on this Table.

I got alot of juice for my guide now with my longer playthro's etc.. should start the write up next week.

Well lets hope our Achievements update so our friends etc can see them on Weds, I remember with Marvel Pinball I have early entry 2 and I lost my achievements etc when it went live. Its like it was there but like wasn't active had to recover my profile and re-achieve them.
                      sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Just got the collect all the commandos achievement, thats the last 1 I needed. But it seem that achievement updated my gamerscore and is visible by others, tho the other 2 achievement have not updated. Guess that means come release Il have to recover my Tag and do the other 2 again.

Anyone else experiencing this?
                        sigpic

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                        Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Comment

Interesting.

I got the Cosmic Cube and Reunited cheevos on my first game, but yeah, they're not showing in my XBL profile.

I haven't gotten anywhere near the wizard mode yet. This game is a bit strange; I spend a lot of my time going for arbitrary goals (like Red Skull multiball) rather than trying to complete everything. I'm having a lot of fun just tooling around and learning shots.

Part of me doesn't want to get the wizard mode, because then I think I've "done the table". (Like MARS: once I got the wizard Cheevo, I lost a bit of interest in it.)

Comment

I just got a code for the PS3 version and I'm also really enjoying the game.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it's a glitch, because it doesn't do it all the time. I thought I tilted the table on more than one occasion because of it.
                            Oh but of course people like you gets a code. I notice the codes are being sent out to all the big shot internet dudes. And us normal people haven't a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by celtic_illusion View Post
                              Oh but of course people like you gets a code. I notice the codes are being sent out to all the big shot internet dudes. And us normal people haven't a chance.
                              Here we go again! FYI, this is the first time that I've ever gotten a code. I was just at the right place at the right time. That is all pal!

If you want a chance in getting a code, then be more active online so you can see the opportunities.

They give away these codes through various ways. Some on these forums, some through Facebook, some through Twitter, some through certain podcasts and some through tournaments. You just need to be at the right place at the right time. It's not my fault that I'm active on these forums and have a Facebook account. Sheesh!

I just saw a post from crackervizzo (Zen rep) on the PS3 section saying the following.

Send me a private message if you want a Captain America code for some pre-release action.
                              I sent a PM and he gave me one. It's not that hard. Any newb could have done that. I actually saw the post five hours after it was posted and he still had codes left when I PMed him. That's telling you something right there.
                              Last edited by shogun00; 06-25-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I sent a PM and he gave me one. It's not that hard. Any newb could have done that.
                                Same here.

Zen should be applauded for their consideration of fans. Of course it's disappointing when you don't get a freebie in a contest, but crackervizzio did ask forum-goers if they wanted a freebie... And that's pretty cool for any company.

Frequent these fora, get involved, and you have the same chance if and when Zen release the next round of codes/tables.

Or head over to Facebook before Saturday night (US time); they're giving away codes there. Also, on Twitter.
                                Last edited by Womble; 06-25-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X