Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America - First Impressions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vincent View Post
    "I was happy to give information that other people might IGNORE. Now I'm happy that people do the same for me as I did for them." Maybe you should learn how to read ?
    WTF???? I need to learn how to read? I'm not the one asking for release dates...

    Nice one, lol... I help you out, and you try to insult me TWICE!!!

    Just stop now, you are starting to look really stupid.
    Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
      Easy fellas.

      Have an hour or so under my belt. Some tough shots on this table.

      Oh yeah...and I haven't gotten one Howler yet, because I can't play that minigame for ****ing ****. I simply can't wheel Captain around in time once I see the flashing yellow light.
      Easiest Howler to get is Bucky. The only way to get him is perform a skillshot at launch, then hit the right ramp to find him (it will be flashing for about 20 seconds)...

      He is awesome because he provides you with basically a 1 in 3 chance to save your lost ball

      Comment


      • Originally posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
        WTF???? I need to learn how to read? I'm not the one asking for release dates...

        Nice one, lol... I help you out, and you try to insult me TWICE!!!

        Just stop now, you are starting to look really stupid.
        Yeah I stop.

        Comment


        • Yeh easy guys, no need to argue about release date information just a mild misunderstanding.
          sigpic

          Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

          PSN = SrkToTheChin
          Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
          *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
            Yeh easy guys, no need to argue about release date information just a mild misunderstanding.
            Yea, just a misunderstanding

            We both manned up and apologized to each other. Vincent and I are cool now

            Hopefully everyone is enjoying Captain America
            Last edited by KGSoloman8000; 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM.

            Comment


            • its a good table and i will give it lots of play, but i don't know if im just lazy but i prefer the more straight forward (easy to work out what your meant to be doing) tables like WOLVERINE

              Comment


              • Originally posted by satch View Post
                its a good table and i will give it lots of play, but i don't know if im just lazy but i prefer the more straight forward (easy to work out what your meant to be doing) tables like WOLVERINE
                This. LOL

                Wolverine is my kinda table. I think they specifically designed that table for an idiot like me. Lots to do, but pretty straight forward, with little clutter. I actually feel like I know what I'm doing. LOL That's refreshing for someone like me.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
                  This. LOL

                  Wolverine is my kinda table. I think they specifically designed that table for an idiot like me. Lots to do, but pretty straight forward, with little clutter. I actually feel like I know what I'm doing. LOL That's refreshing for someone like me.
                  WOLVERINE seems IMO to feel and play more like a 80s / 90s real life table with added modern fx. I hope ZEN will bring out a few more straight forward (idiot lol) tables in the future. Part of my problem is i don't read the table rules i just want to get in there learn as i go and give the old reflex a work out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by satch View Post
                    WOLVERINE seems IMO to feel and play more like a 80s / 90s real life table with added modern fx. I hope ZEN will bring out a few more straight forward (idiot lol) tables in the future. Part of my problem is i don't read the table rules i just want to get in there learn as i go and give the old reflex a work out.
                    I like Wolverine because the two ramps, and the orbits are a cinch to hit. The only thing I really had to learn, were the Samurai ramp, and the hole for the top saucer. Even the SNIKT hole is easy to hit. I'm at a point where I can get over 150M with my eyes closed. LOL Unless...I'm playing like an idiot. And, as much as I hate to admit, this does occur more than occasionally. LOL Don't get me wrong, some of the tables are real cerebral, and I like that as well. But when a table starts having 4-5 ramps, or more, and a cross-over shot that defines your success on the table (cough, Pasha), that's where I distinguish myself as a fraud. LOL I particularly struggle on tables like F4 and Ironman where there are two ramps separated by nothing by a post. I can drill that post until kingdom come, but I can't hit either ramp with any kinda regularity.

                    What I really need is an empty table with a hole at the top the size of a garbage can lid, with no outlanes and a center drain that is smaller than the diameter of the pinball. LOL

                    Comment


                    • Any luck on the last Supply Drop award anyone? I agree with Womble that all things point to it being Red Skull Multiball.
                      sigpic

                      Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

                      PSN = SrkToTheChin
                      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                        Any luck on the last Supply Drop award anyone? I agree with Womble that all things point to it being Red Skull Multiball.
                        I can barely even beat the minigame in question. LOL I've defeated it exactly one time. Can anyone suggest a trick? My eyes can't identify the yellow light fast enough to see it, then get the shield out in front in time.

                        Comment


                        • I don't focus on cap or the lights. Instead, I just sort of non-focus (if that makes sense) in the middle of them, breaking down the threat in to left, middle, right.

                          Of the 9 yellow lights, you don't have to move for the centre 3, if cap is already facing that direction.

                          When you release the trigger, cap will automatically rotate to the centre.

                          When a light is lit on the left, just hold the left trigger briefly. Then let it go as soon as Cap is rotated enough.

                          Repeat on the right.

                          If the light is lit on the extreme left or right, just hold the trigger slightly longer. Hope this helps.


                          Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
                          ... that all things point to it being Red Skull Multiball.
                          I think you mean Sleeper multiball? Yup, Red Skull Multiball is confirmed (red skull icon). Hopefully it is Sleeper: it's a good way to build the multipliers up.

                          There must be a weighting system for the rewards. Bonus Held seems pretty common.
                          Last edited by Womble; 06-30-2011, 03:55 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by KGSoloman8000 View Post
                            Cloda and I both need some tips on the other minigame on the table. The one where you activate the magnets. We have just been mashing the triggers, but we feel like we're doing it wrong... Anyone have any tips on how this minigame is supposed to be played? I'm sure once the table reaches the masses someone will find the "correct" way to play this minigame.
                            OK.. this is actually much easier than I ever guessed it could be (thanks ShoryukenToTheChin for the tip!!!). Rather than bashing both buttons, just bash one at a time until the one bank is completed and then repeat on the other side. Sometimes it falls through but you have more than enough time to shoot it up the ramp again... that's it!!!
                            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

                            Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

                            Discord server - PinStratsDan

                            Twitter - PinStratsDan

                            Facebook - PinStratsDan

                            Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

                            Comment


                            • first impressions

                              alloha pinballeros,

                              played the table yesterday a bit and just love playing it, maybe cause its just only a new one , but its a lot stuff going on on that table, the missions are lot of fun and not to hard, its easy to get highscores and the minigames are easy stuff, what i don´t like so far is the position of multplier targets and the fact that i didn`t know how to activate the ball save


                              thats all for now, can find me online going for round two! when i had cleared the table u will read me

                              Comment


                              • I really like the cube reward on this game. It came in handy a few times when playing a mission. I also like that most of the missions can be partially completed and you get bonus points for a partial completion.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X