Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Spider on Mars count as a bug? JK.

There is a bug on mars though but I can't think of it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jop87 View Post
      on excalibur the right orbit often doesn't count..
      Are you referring to hitting the right orbit and having the ball fall on the rollovers instead of traveling all the way around ? I know this shot will not count. Seems like the exit point past the roll overs is where the table decides to "count" the orbit shots. Same thing happens with Iron Man.

Comment

OK - updated and rearranged the first post with the info and suggestions you made. I know Spiderman is missing but I can't remember all the glitches now. Please keep on adding to the thread until we have all the glitches, bugs etc. for all the tables.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by rapierdwit View Post
          Are you referring to hitting the right orbit and having the ball fall on the rollovers instead of traveling all the way around ? I know this shot will not count. Seems like the exit point past the roll overs is where the table decides to "count" the orbit shots. Same thing happens with Iron Man.
          I think the spot is indeed past the rollover for a right orbit shot...because shooting either of the left orbits you get credit even though the ball falls through the bumpers. So I'm inclined to believe they all use the same rollover to "give credit" for hitting the respective shot. A right orbit shot has to clear the bumpers, the left orbit shots do not. Just my obvservation.

Comment

I came across a glitch today while playing Extreme:

I had bungee jump/ball saver active. I then activated the 3 multi-ball mode (playground multiball). I got a bit careless and lost the last 2 balls at almost the exact same time. After the balls drained, the after ball bonus tallied up scores. When I launched the next ball the Bungee Jump/save count-down started, as if I had lost a ball (which I couldn't since I just launched the ball).

To recap, when I simulatenously lost the 2 balls ending multi-ball, bungee save didn't take effect until after I launched a new ball.

Comment

No, I actually do the entire orbit a bit slow.. It just doesn't count.
              Dont really have means to make a video, unfortunately.

Comment

Re Earth Defense and the multipliers, I don't believe that's a bug.

Instead of an Extra Ball, the multipliers can go up to X20.

Comment

Wolverine Issue/Bug? ;

During "Fast Ball Special" activating a ball save and then having to use it results in an automatic central drain. As there is no drag, the ball is launched form the plunger lane after the save at extreme speed, goes around the top and then straight down the middle with zero chance to save it.

Rome Bug ;

Upon activating the trebuchet, the ball can "fall out" of the rails leading to the weapon. This can leave the camera stuck off to the left side.

Hotseat bug (multiple tables) ;

Only several tables during Hotseat play, the tables fail to reset between players. EG on SotD with a 2 player hotseat game player 2 can start with the sub advanced and lights lit from player 1's game.

Mars Bug ;

On activating "Sunstorm" the ball can become trapped for several seconds underneath the ship resulting in an automatic mode failure.

The ball can at times also change rails from left to right/visa versa underneath the ship.
                  Last edited by lexandro; 07-15-2011, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Regarding the ASSAULT bug: I had this happen sporadically for awhile. Now, every single time that I spell ASSAULT, I am unable to play the mode.

Every time, the timed mission starts, the lights are lit, but the game doesn't activate when the ball enters the castle.

I hope that this gets patched soon. Thanks for starting this thread!

Comment

Speed machine has a glitch that can lead to infinite points if you have enough time on your hands. The hole at the top right of the board will intermittantly not kick the ball out with enough force for it to re-enter play, causing it to fall back into the hole, and score more points. Once it gets stuck like this you can just leave your console on forever, and continue to get points. It takes a nudge of the table to get your ball out.

Low quality video of the glitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkjP4lMKmM

Comment

Updated new info... will somebody that know Spiderman well please let me have the glitches so that I can add it? Also obviously any other glitches on any of the other tables that you are aware of.

Can we please also have the thread stickied so that all the glitches can be kept track of. Zen, please when you do an update again let us know what has been fixed. E.g. when the Rocky and Bullwinkle leaderboard wipe happened no official feedback was given on any of the other fixed made (Wolverine and Ironman).
                        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

BUCCANEER
                          Game Breaking: It is possible for the ball to bounce up/above the playfield on this table. During multi-ball I had the ball bounce up and land directly behind the wheel target/multi-ball lock hole. The ball is stuck and there is no way to nudge it out. If you drain any remaining balls, the game will not start a new ball. The only option is to restart the game.

Note: I have had this issue occur during the week of July 17-23, 2011. I have had this issue occur before. I am not sure if this issue can occur during a single ball, but I have had balls jump over obstacles or onto ramps on this table.

Misfeature/bug/hidden feature??: 10x mutliplier is not attainable from bumpers.

Note: 2x,4x,6x,8x, extra ball are all attained from hitting the "mushroom" bumpers on the left side of the table. The table never rewards 10x from the bumpers, regardless of the number of times you hit them. 10x is shown on the table playfield, so we can assume there is a way to activate/light 10x. Perhaps you have to hit a different shot(s) to activate 10x. If this is the case, a clue/hint would be appreciated somewhere on the table or in the rule sheet.

EARTH DEFENSE
                          Misfeature/bug/hidden feature??: Cannot achieve max of 20x bonus multiplier from targets.

Note: The max after ball bonus multiplier that you can achieve from hitting the 3 targets on the playfield is 10x. The game shows that it is possible to achieve a multiplier of 20x. Perhaps you have to hit a different shot(s) to advance past 10x. If this is the case, a clue/hint would be appreciated somewhere on the table or in the rule sheet.

EXCALIBUR
                          Game Breaking: Remaining Ball becomes stuck behind hidden path targets after failing the Sir Percival Mission. There is no way to nudge the ball back into play. The only option is to restart the game. Brief description below.

Note: I have only ever had this happen once. I don't think I had opened up the hidden path prior to starting Sir Percival. What I do remember happening is that when I failed Sir Percival, the remaing ball in play was in the area around the hidden path targets. As the targets returned to their "normal" position on the left, they trapped the ball behind them. I was unable to nudge the ball from behind the targets and had to restart the game. All I recall is that both targets were together (either on the right or left).

This is a very rare/unique set of circumstances that I've never seen anyone else comment about. I don't recall if the stuck ball came from an orbit shot to the right or a failed orbit shot/hidden hole shot on the left. Perhaps this issue has occurred to someone else and they can add additional info before we add it to the master list.

SPIDERMAN
                          Game Breaking: During Doc Ock mission, Doc will mistakenly grab the capture ball instead of a live ball. When this happens, Doc will never release the ball (The few times it happened to me the ball was in one of the left claws). You can continue the game, but eventutally when you drain the ball the game will become stuck and won't start a new ball. Only choice is to restart the game.

Note: it has been a while since this occurred to me so it is possible that this issue has been fixed.

Here is a Zen forum thread discussing Spiderman bugs (xbox 360 platform)
                          - http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...piderman+stuck

----------

Cloda, thanks for maintaining this list. Hopefully Zen is reading and will at least fix all the game breaking bugs. Nothing is more annoying than having your best game ever be foiled by the machine and not the "man" behind the flippers.
                          Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fubar View Post
                            Speed machine has a glitch that can lead to infinite points if you have enough time on your hands. The hole at the top right of the board will intermittantly not kick the ball out with enough force for it to re-enter play, causing it to fall back into the hole, and score more points. Once it gets stuck like this you can just leave your console on forever, and continue to get points. It takes a nudge of the table to get your ball out.

Low quality video of the glitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkjP4lMKmM
                            Actually, that Table is Extreme, not Speed Machine.

Comment

Actually, that Table is Extreme, not Speed Machine.
                              And now we know how the top scores in this table were made...
                              "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post

EARTH DEFENSE
                                Misfeature/bug/hidden feature?? - Cannot achieve max of 20x bonus multiplier from targets.

Note: The max after ball bonus multiplier that you can achieve from hitting the 3 targets on the playfield is 10x. The game shows that it is possible to achieve a multiplier of 20x. Perhaps you have to hit a different shot(s) to advance past 10x. If this is the case, a clue/hint would be appreciated somewhere on the table or in the rule sheet.
                                I've reached X12 before, but don't know how. I don't think it was for direct shots on the multiplier target bank.

Also, I had X8, then I shot the Subway hole, and my bonus multiplier was advanced to X16.

Comment

Working...
                                X