No announcement yet.

Spiderman - What is your Villain level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiderman - What is your Villain level?

What is your Villain "Carry Over" Levels at?

A rough guess at mine (not logged on at the moment)
    JJ Jameson - 4
    Doc Ock - 14
    Mysterio - 9
    Green Goblin - 8

JJ Jameson - 39
    Doc Ock - 45
    Mysterio - 16
    Green Goblin - 10

I first played a game where I only went for Doc Ock and then played a game where I just went for JJ Jameson. I'm going to do my best to get a 10 Billion score by the end of the tournament but am not going to try specifically to increase any of my villain levels further - hopefully I'll have such a super game that I increase some of the levels just by playing.
    Last edited by Cloda; 07-30-2011, 10:14 PM. Reason: updated stats
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Here are my levels:

JJ Jameson - 17
      Doc Ock - 18
      Green Goblin - 9
      Mysterio - 10

Wizard Mode ramp/orbit value - 11 million

----------

For newer players, completing missions multiple times on Spiderman is the key to big scores. Here is some quick info.

- Each time you start a new game, each mission level is reset to 1
      - To improve your overall mission record, you have to improve it during 1 single game.
      - Your record number of mission completions is used to calculate ramps/orbit jackpot values during wizard mode.

For example if my record number of times I beat Doc Ock is 10, then every time I get to wizard mode that will be the number used to calculate jackpot values. Even if I only beat Doc Ock 1 time during that specfic game, Wizard mode will use my record number of 10.

I will post here how those values are calculated during wizard mode.

----------

Once you complete all 4 missions, you will have to lock 1 ball in the Doc Ock hole to enable the Pre-Wizard Party Mode. At this point, you have to lock the ball 3 more times in the Doc Ock hole to actually start the 4 ball Wizard mode. During the Party Mode, each specific ramp/orbit/capture ball shot will have a value based on your record number of mission completions.

Since many people struggle during multi-ball, an alternative strategy is to start pre-wizard party mode, never actually start 4 ball mutli-ball, and try to hit as many ramps/orbits/capture ball shots as possible before losing the ball. Since Spiderman is a relatively easy table to keep one ball alive, this can be a safer but slower option to score big points. The only drawback to this approach is that once you lose the ball you will have to complete all 4 missions again to be able to activate the pre-wizard party mode.

Based on my personal records, the pre-wizard party mode center ramp shot is worth around 4 million. This is a very safe, so I could just avoid starting wizard mode and focus on hitting this shot to improve my score.

Personally I find this tedious, and I would rather risk starting 4 ball multi-ball where every shot is worth more. My current high score came from starting wizard mode multiple times in one game. My strategy during wizard multi-ball is hit as many shots will the 4 balls are on the table. When I'm down to 2 balls, I try to trap 1 on the right flipper and use the left flipper to hit the center ramp as much as possible.
      Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 07-15-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

JJ Jameson - 55
        Doc Ock - 10
        Mysterio - 5
        Green Goblin - 6

I know my JJ level is correct. The rest of them are close guesses.

Comment

Doc Ock - 8
          Green Goblin - 8
          Mysterio - 5
          JJ Jameson - 7

As you can see, very low levels, my top score is 942m for the table so not great either.

Comment

Dock Oc = 12
            Green Goblin = 9
            Mysterio = 7
            JJ Jameson = 4

I actually find Doc and Gobby the two easiest to beat no matter the level. Table high score atm 450M.

Comment

Dock Oc = 23
              Green Goblin = 12
              Mysterio = 13
              JJ Jameson = 20

Going to be spamming GG and Mysterio in the next couple of weeks

Comment

Here are my (new) levels:

JJ Jameson - 17
                Doc Ock - 31
                Green Goblin - 9
                Mysterio - 11

Wizard Mode ramp/orbit value - 14 million

----------

The Spiderman Tournament was a good excuse to improve my overall performance on this table. I decided to focus on Doc Ock for one game and improved from 18 to 31. The game after that I improved my best score from 2.5 billion to 3 billion. With the tournament bonus, I have improved my Superscore this week 3000 pts!!!

I am impressed by anyone who can get over 9 on Green Goblin. There is very little time to complete the mission at that point. How the heck are you managing to complete that mode so fast?

I wish I could consistently hit the orbit to start JJ Jameson. If I could bump up that mode, I could really improve my overall score/rank on this table.

Comment

Mine were about 10 each. But since I changed 360's and the transfer kit mucked up I am pretty low:

J.J: 2
                  GG: 4
                  Doc: 2
                  Myst: 2

Just never had the energy to play Spiderman after switching hdd's as I put about 30 hours into it when I first got it; It was the table I learnt to play on at the start so.

Though I am finding it fun again but it is a bit easy. My top is only 200Mil but oddly I am much prouder of my 45mil on Iron-man than my 200Mil on spidey. Guess that's weird though.

Comment

Doc Ock: 10 -> 18
                    Green Goblin: 9
                    Mysterio: 9
                    JJ Jameson: 4 -> 15

I can't hit the little orbit to get to the JJ Jameson stage, and when I do, I panic and can't hit the right orbit. I'll have to improve that by the end of the tournament. Does anyone have any tips on trapping the ball on the left flipper after starting JJ Jameson?
                    Last edited by baseballprodigy16; 07-31-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballprodigy16 View Post
                      Doc Ock: 10
                      Green Goblin: 9
                      Mysterio: 9
                      JJ Jameson: 4

I can't hit the little orbit to get to the JJ Jameson stage, and when I do, I panic and can't hit the right orbit. I'll have to improve that by the end of the tournament. Does anyone have any tips on trapping the ball on the left flipper after starting JJ Jameson?
                      I nudge the table in the opposite direction whilst raising the flipper to stop it. Traps it 100% every time provided you aren't on your second warning. Might be an easier way though.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post

I am impressed by anyone who can get over 9 on Green Goblin. There is very little time to complete the mission at that point. How the heck are you managing to complete that mode so fast?
                        I wish I could say skill. Well, some skill mixed in with a lot of luck. Some of these JJ mission levels are nuts. Looks like I should be concentrating on that.

I'm up to 13million+ per ramp in wizard mode. My goal is at least 4 wizard modes per ball (including extra balls).

Comment

Originally posted by Lepruk86 View Post
                          I nudge the table in the opposite direction whilst raising the flipper to stop it. Traps it 100% every time provided you aren't on your second warning. Might be an easier way though.
                          So, hold the left flipper up while the ball is coming down the lane, and as soon as the ball hits the flipper, nudge it left? I'll have to try that. Thanks!

EDIT: I finally figured out where to nudge it and improved my JJ Jameson score to 15!
                          Last edited by baseballprodigy16; 07-31-2011, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Can someone please explain exactly how the JJ loop/hole/light system works?

What is that needs to be done, exactly, to start the JJ mode? Sometimes it starts when the JJ light is on, sometimes off.

I can't hit the (supposed) JJ loop shot with any regularity; most balls just jump up to the house. Is there a diverter in there?

Also, is there a reliable way to get the ball to light T-H-W-I-P?

do not get me started again on the bugs and misfeatures with this table.

Comment

One of the keys to scoring big is building up your Villian defeats. Your all-time record of villian defeats will become your multiplier to the base value of specific ramps, orbits, and capture ball shots.

Here is the breakdown (using my current scores) for the pre-Wizard party mode.

Mode: My score / Completions = base score for pre-Wizard party mode
                              ---------
                              JJ Jameson: 5,100,000 / 17 = 300,000
                              Doc Ock: 10,850,000 / 31 = 350,000
                              Green Goblin: 3,600,000 / 09 = 400,000
                              Mysterio: 4,400,000 / 11 = 400,000

During the pre-Wizard party mode (single ball), each ramp(s) score is tied to a specific villains?? TOTAL score. Therefore (for me), hitting the right orbit (IIRC) will currently give me 5,100,000 pts. Because the various ramps, orbits, and target ball are tied to different villains??; the points for each shot will vary. I haven't paid that close attention to which ramp is what.

Here is the breakdown (using my current scores) for Wizard mode (4-ball multi-ball).

Mode: My score / Completions = base score for Wizard mode
                              ----------
                              JJ Jameson: 2,550,000 / 17 = 150,000
                              Doc Ock: 6,200,000 / 31 = 200,000
                              Green Goblin: 2,250,000 / 09 = 250,000
                              Mysterio: 3,300,000 / 11 = 300,000
                              ----------
                              Total: 14,300,000

During Wizard 4-ball multi-ball the value for all ramps/orbits/capture ball shots is the combined score of the mode totals. In my case, I get (2,550,000 + 6,200,000 + 2,250,000 + 3,300,000 =) 14,300,000 pts for every ramp/orbit/capture ball I hit.

-----------

There are 2 strategies you can take during the lead-up to Wizard mode. If you are better at keeping one ball in play, you can just focus on the pre-wizard Party mode. This is safer, but will take more time to grow your score. If you are better at keeping 2+ balls in play, then Wizard mode offers better reward vs. risk.

During Wizard mult-ball even though the capture ball is missing, you can still hit that shot and get the points. A fairly safe defensive strategy here would be to trap/hold a ball on the lower right flipper, then use the middle left flipper to launch the ball up the apartment ramp. The ball will fall out where the capture ball normally is, bounce over the upper right flipper, and over to the upper left flipper. You can then shoot the ball to the "missing" capture ball and repeat the process.
                              Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 07-31-2011, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X