Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Physics different on two different XBOXs video included.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physics different on two different XBOXs video included.

Those of us who play Captain America know one of the nice features of starting a mission is that you can easily trap the ball on the right flipper, then direct it where you want it to go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CvkORwtkhY (video recorded with a 1st gen Elite 120GB, running at 1080i, default operators menu settings, view setting 4)

Well, i recently got a new Xbox Slim for upstairs, and much to my surprise, the table physics are not the same playing on the new XBOX. When starting a mission, the ball always overshoots the right flipper when starting a mission.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRn1EyXF74 (recorded on new 360 slim, upgraded to 250GB HD, 1080P, default operators menu, view setting 4)

This is the only table i've played on my new Xbox so far, but i'm wondering if there are some advantages playing on some tables with my new xbox over my old xbox. Also of note, the only difference is the XBOX and the TV resolution. I used the same gamer tag, stored on the same flash drive for both videos. What's going on here???

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JASF7lmd0g4 this shows me installing factory settings in the operator's menu, then still not getting the ball to catch on the right flipper.
    Last edited by fubar; 07-21-2011, 12:32 AM.

Could you please confirm the tables on both systems have been reset to their "default" settings.

Much like the local high scores, it may be possible that any table customizations are specific to the xbox hard drive and not the profile. For example, I have 2 xbox live! accounts on 1 xbox. Regardless of which profile I use, when playing Pinball FX2, both accounts see the same local high score list (for newer tables that support this feature).

If you happened to adjust the tilt angle on one system and not the other, it might account for the differences.
    Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 07-20-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I think Indy might be on to something. The second video the ball moves at a much faster speed than in the first video... I can't think that the difference between two XBox's can be that much
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
        Could you please confirm the tables on both systems have been reset to their "default" settings.

Much like the local high scores, it may be possible that any table customizations are specific to the xbox hard drive and not the profile. For example, I have 2 xbox live! accounts on 1 xbox. Regardless of which profile I use, when playing Pinball FX2, both accounts see the same local high score list (for newer tables that support this feature).

If you happened to adjust the tilt angle on one system and not the other, it might account for the differences.
        Here is video of me setting factory settings to the operator's menu then still having the same problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JASF7lmd0g4 Sorry for the quality, it's difficult to record video from a phone and play pinball at the same time.

Also of note, i got this XBOX last friday, and have yet to even put a disc in the drive, all i did was download my recent purchases to it, then start playing pinball and watch netflix. i have not been in the operator's menu at all in pinball FX 2 on the new XBOX, as far as the old xbox, i only messed with the operator's menu in the first 4 core tables. After i found out that leaderboard scores don't count with modified settings, set everything back to default and left it there. Marvel tables were not even released last time i messed with the operator's menu.
        Last edited by fubar; 07-21-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

The playfield angles are different.

The first thing I looked at was the spirit level in the bottom right corner. The air bubble is slightly higher in the first video.
          They took our pinball machines!
          Let's revolt, who's with me?
          Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
            The playfield angles are different.

The first thing I looked at was the spirit level in the bottom right corner. The air bubble is slightly higher in the first video.
            Another badly shot video. But i've got factory angle being installed, then i miss a bunch of shots but i finally start a mission and again it overshoots the right flipper.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Since it isn't the table settings, my next step would be to try to make each setup as identical as possible.

- Make sure both setups are using the same type of video connection.
              - Make sure both setups are using the same video resolution
              - Try hooking up the new xbox to the tv that the previous xbox was using

One other thing that we can do as a community is compare how our individual setups react. I currently am using a white Arcade 360 with a 120gb hard drive hooked up to a 32" LCD NTSC TV with a VGA connection. When I get a chance, I will see how my system behaves.

Comment

I have the older model black 360 and my friend has the new slim 360. One time when I was over at his house, (I take my 360 with me because it's a royal pain to swap HDs between phat & slim), I noticed that for some reason the controls were maybe a second less responsive on his system. When I hit the triggers on my controller on my 360 the flippers react instantly, but when I hit the triggers on my friend's controller/360 there's like a 1 second delay between when you hit the triggers and when the flippers react. We tried using a 2nd controller of his (which was also a different design) and I got the same 1 second delay. I even went back and forth a couple times between my 360 and his to make sure I wasn't imagining the 1 second delay.

He uses component video on an HDTV (one of the cheapo models though), I use HDMI on my HDTV at home, and the standard yellow RCA video on an old TV at his house. I was thinking it might have something to do with his video setup, but after reading this thread I'm wondering if something is screwy with the slim 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Startropic1 View Post
                  He uses component video on an HDTV (one of the cheapo models though), I use HDMI on my HDTV at home, and the standard yellow RCA video on an old TV at his house. I was thinking it might have something to do with his video setup, but after reading this thread I'm wondering if something is screwy with the slim 360.
                  Next time, check the TV settings. There's a feature that most TVs have a feature called "Motion Enhancer". This feature can create controller delays among other things on consoles, when it's not set to "game" or turned off. Also, the affect of the delays can vary depending on how the system is hooked up to the TV.

Comment

Possible reason

I have often wondered if the game would perform differently on different set ups as I've made my own pinball style game and experienced varying physics performance.
                    The reason mine came about was because it was frame rate dependant, hence if the framerate dropped there would be a jump in dt (time difference between frames). Seeing as this dt value was used in working out the velocity of the ball, it would not give consistent results.
                    I would have thought zen would have counteracted this by locking the framerate. Perhaps this isnt the case. Would be interesting to find out

Comment

Ive got a xbox360 fat and my physics react like on your xbox slim (the ball is not trapped by the right flipper)

Comment

any chance of hearing something from ZEN? does this only happen on CA or are the physics different for everyone on every table? is this the reason some people get giant scores(their xobx physics are more forgiving)?

Comment

Working...
                        X