Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Also, I am sure everyone will be posting their thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what you guys think of the Moon Knight intro animations / cut scene. It's a whole new approach, and we could take it even further. We could even do this type of thing in the middle of the game when an objective is met or a mode is completed. I'll be sure to ask this again once the game is out - we should probably start a whole new thread as well to discuss.
    I guess it's hard to tell just from the trailer. Moon Knight seems to be moving around a lot during the game.
    It seems pretty cool and dynamic, but the question is, if there is enough time to watch/enjoy those scenes. I sometimes feel that I don't have the time to look at the scoreboard and I miss a lot of animations there.
    The hard part -I assume- is to have the scenes happening somewhere near the ball -like if you hit a hole and have 2-3 seconds until the ball appears again- without drawing off your attention from the game.

For actual cut scenes, you have to make sure that the ball will be given back fairly after the scene. Many players pointed out that they sometimes loose balls after starting a save game. For a whole cut scene you need to have enough time afterwards to get the ball back savely.

On the other hand, it would be pretty cool, if you see your actions/successes on the table reflected in the positioning/behaviour of the models on the table. I look forward to see how Moon Knight handles it and give feedback.
    Last edited by Verjigorm; 12-07-2011, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Also, I am sure everyone will be posting their thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what you guys think of the Moon Knight intro animations / cut scene. It's a whole new approach, and we could take it even further. We could even do this type of thing in the middle of the game when an objective is met or a mode is completed. I'll be sure to ask this again once the game is out - we should probably start a whole new thread as well to discuss.
      Interesting can't wait to check this out, Oh how is the Table icons going to fit surely they aint going to shrink any further are they?

I think Folders should be implemented like Favourites, Marvil Pinball etc.

Would that be even possible? what do you think of the idea?
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
        Interesting can't wait to check this out, Oh how is the Table icons going to fit surely they aint going to shrink any further are they?

I think Folders should be implemented like Favourites, Marvil Pinball etc.

Would that be even possible? what do you think of the idea?
        Yes folders good sir
        Clean up that mess Zen
        Wow, cracker's got me really interested in Moon Knight now.
        Now I'm even more confused.
        BTW, Thor looks badassssss
        My favorite design visually so far
        I don't even like Thor, but in the end. It doesn't even matter.
        This is gonna be great.
        Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
          Folders?
          what about just making the other stuff around the tables
          a little smaller. I just hate opening doors after doors to
          get to where I want to go.

Comment

• Like Samara said in "The ring"...

Seven days!

"The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

Also, I am sure everyone will be posting their thoughts, but I would be really interested to hear what you guys think of the Moon Knight intro animations / cut scene.
              omfgbbq Zen has made the Metal Gear Solid of Pinball!

Comment

• Originally posted by Womble View Post
                omfgbbq Zen has made the Metal Gear Solid of Pinball!

Well, if that's the case..let's hope they're skippable!

Comment

• I'm going to try each table once, keeping Moon knight for the end ... cos' that's the one i'm expecting the most

Comment

• I know it's wrong to judge by the trailers, but that's all we got for now...The tables looks amazing, but the weak one in my opinion is the x-men. I mean, it dosen't look bad, just...ordinary.

Which, considering Zen's standard, will mean surely enjoyable.But still...Maybe it's the colours, maybe the layout, i don't know...

Comment

I like the idea of it, especially for the trailer for the table, as I didn't know anything about Moon knight but now I do because of the trailer . I would like it if it is used to tell more of the story of a table e.g. Captain America was around a specific comic; Ed Brubaker’s CAPTAIN AMERICA 65TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL. I read the comic on the internet prior to playing the table so I could see how strongly the missions etc. were linked to the comic book. What though would have made it really nice for me, would have been if the table was started with an intro cut scene and if the different elements of the table was linked either with a cut scene so that you could actually make sense of the story without having to read up on it. Once you have beaten the Wizard mode it will also be very nice if the table can end with an outro before the table resets again. A style that I think will work very well for the cut scenes is the comic book style I remembered they used for a game called MDK 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClVGx9R-fzo)

One very important consideration though for me (which would be the deal breaker/maker) would be that you must have the option to be able to skip it permanently (On/Off option in table settings). In my opinion this must be done for any in game animations for missions as well e.g. Captain America's animations quickly gets very annoying and can take long. Pinball is all about flow for me so anything that unnecessarily break the flow is not good in my book e.g. kickback animations on Mars.

This is also only an extra for me... as long as Zen studios focus on producing quality, bug free tables with rule sheets that challenge my abilities I will be happy but I can think that many of the Marvel first, pinball second group of players would love these kind of cut scenes that tells more of a story.
                      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                        One very important consideration though for me (which would be the deal breaker/maker) would be that you must have the option to be able to skip it permanently (On/Off option in table settings).

This is also only an extra for me... as long as Zen studios focus on producing quality, bug free tables with rule sheets that challenge my abilities I will be happy
                        I agree about those 2 points.

Comment

I'm largely with Cloda on this one. I certainly wouldn't mind cut scenes to add more flavor to a table and give back story on characters players might not be familiar with like Moon Knight, but being able to skip them or turn them off completely would be necessary. Nothing breaks the flow of a good game like having to wait on something you've already seen a hundred times before you can play again.

What really has me interested though, is if this is an approach Zen is considering, might we get a full-blown pinball campaign involving multiple tables and challenges all tied together by a common story arc?

Comment

• Originally posted by heathenSauce View Post
                            What really has me interested though, is if this is an approach Zen is considering, might we get a full-blown pinball campaign involving multiple tables and challenges all tied together by a common story arc?
                            Sounds great !!!

Comment

As a Marvelite, I like the idea of cut-scenes to see more of my favorite hero actually doing something.

B U T, the pinball fan in me is wary. All to often I've been distracted by something going on on the table and not noticed the ball being "snuck" back into play. If your going to do this more (and while I like Cloda's thoughts above on a permanent turn on/off switch, I realize implementing this may be a pain), please, please, at a minimum, let it be clear that the ball was safely "caught" somewhere before the scene and give a countdown or similar warning when it's in play again.

..... or would this just break the momentum, disrupt the flow....? thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by heathenSauce View Post

Sorry for posting two in a row... don't know how to quote twice...

... just wanted to weigh in on this one as a groovy idea. I'm excited to see how Epic Quest is going to do with the idea of a continuing campaign... and Heathen's idea of having a campaign of some sort continue across several tables... groovy. Gets us closer to fleshing out how a Marvel Event could actually work out; as a pack instead of a single table.

Comment

Working...
                                X