No announcement yet.

Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell yeah cracker, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought Moon Knight was the best.
    And good idea Shoryuken, let's keep all of the new Marvel discussion right in this thread. It'll be easier for cracker to research that way too, rather than having to sift through a million threads that are all the same.
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-08-2011, 10:26 PM.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
      Hell yeah cracker, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought Moon Knight was the best.
      And good idea Shoryuken, let's keep all of the new Marvel discussion right in this thread. It'll be easier for cracker to research that way too, rather than having to sift through a million threads that are all the same.
      In some ways your correct but we can't really have everything Marvel Pinball related in here, now just for the 4 Tables ok but when we start doing scoring strategies etc. it just wont fit.
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Yeah I know bro.

Comment

• Just watched all four trailers again. I'm really getting pumped man.
          ghost rider with that big shotgun is just badass.
          I Don know which someone said xmen was like a sequel to speed machine. That's insulting, there looks to be way more things going on there. Thor is so pleasing to the eye, it really is beautiful. Moon Knight is the table Zen seems most proud of, so that alone makes me anxious to get my hands on this pack of tables, all of 'em look like true winners.
          This is sort of a rambling message, but I just want to convey my excitement. This should be special guys(and gals).
          Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of pinball!

Comment

• Rule Sheet and Scoring Strategy direction

One thing that I can't wait to see about these tables (well one of many things ) is what direction Zen has taken with the rule sheets and scoring strategies. I really hope that they have kept the communities suggestions and opinions in mind for at least one of the tables. What I mean is a rule sheet and scoring strategy that requires you:

- to play and complete all the main modes for access to wizard mode
            - wizard mode that is hard work to complete
            - playing through wizard mode being your highest scoring strategy
            - no spammable modes where you can score more points that playing through wizard mode
            - all the scoring modes and bonuses capped to a certain reasonable score (like Ms. Splosion Man Jackpots) and per ball (unlike paranormals jackpot building)
            - other modes that give you reasonable points and other awards such as extra balls and kickbacks but not dominating scoring
            - permanent ball saves e.g. claw save if available must be hard to get
            etc.

So far for me Fantastic 4 is one of the most balanced and fun tables around with its mission based approach to wizard mode, wizard mode that needs some work to finish but give good points, various different but quite difficult ways to get extra balls, interesting multi-balls that give you decent points and are stackable, no mode that dominates the table and lastly a permanent balls save in NZ balls save that is a great help but are quite hard to keep activated on a regular basis. I have to add off course that the table at the moment is full of brilliant potential which will only be realised once the scoring glitch and game breaking bugs are fixed.

Another table that would have been closed to perfect for me is Sorcerer's Lair with its nice layout and varied missions and modes.... if only you had to actually complete the missions to get to Midnight Madness it would have been a very tough table. At the moment it is just too easy and it is not in your best scoring interest to play the table to its fullest as you just need to keep 12 Obsidian stones and play through to Wizard mode as quickly as possible. I do hope that Zen will one day make a hard option (and leaderboard) where the rule sheet and scoring of a table is adjusted and not just the angle of the table and objectives of modes etc. Sorcerer's can end up being a completely different (and much more enjoyable in my opinion) experience if you make the changes I suggest above.

Anyway... can't wait to see what has been done for these 4 tables. Even though I know I will enjoy whatever Zen conjured up, I would much rather have tough tables that you can repeatedly try rather than more Ms. Splosion Man's and Sorcerer's Liars where you score in the Billions and have to play for hours to get anywhere.
            Last edited by Cloda; 12-09-2011, 05:44 AM.
            XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• I said from the beginning that Moon Knight is a hundred percent eye candy. Cannot wait to play it. I think I'll still play GR first so I can just savor not playing MK for a bit longer,LOL. MK will most likely be my favorite.

Comment

• Get hype!

Wow its just 4 or so Days till the Pack touches down, Get Hype Pinballers!!!
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• I know the tables come out next week, but Destructoid posted a very in-depth preview. Thought you might like to take a read:

Pinball has to be one of the hardest hobbies to talk about. On the surface, it’s about hitting a metal...

Wesley actually spent over an hour with hands on a few weeks ago, he has a great feel for the new tables.

Comment

• Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                    I know the tables come out next week, but Destructoid posted a very in-depth preview. Thought you might like to take a read:
                    Man I am really looking forward to this. Early Christmas present for myself ^_^

Comment

• Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                      I know the tables come out next week, but Destructoid posted a very in-depth preview. Thought you might like to take a read:

Pinball has to be one of the hardest hobbies to talk about. On the surface, it’s about hitting a metal...

Wesley actually spent over an hour with hands on a few weeks ago, he has a great feel for the new tables.
                      I tried not to read that but I couldn't resist. Don't worry, there is only one or two minor spoilers. This article did confirm my intuition about playing GR first. " Marilyn Manson inspired soundtrack". HOLY CRAP BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!! It also said that MK has a very epic soundtrack. Seems like Zen is really upping the audio game more all the time. And X-Men has ACTUAL Marvel supplied voice talent. GR soundtrack is gonna RAAAAWWWWWKKKK!! And I'm not a big Manson fan, but I'm assuming that is just who the author thinks of when hearing any type of harder music,LOL.
                      GHOST RIDER FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      You really made my saturday night with this cracker, thank you so much. But I'm wondering why PS3 gets the tables a day early? 360 has many more pinbll players. We should get them a week early!!! Hell, even a month, lol.
                      Also, author found Thor to be the hardest table, so I was RIGHT about that one. But he also says that Thor may be the most elaborate table out of them all. Thank god it's not another Iron man in that aspect lol ( not having much going on in it, on top of being ridiculously hard and low scoring).
                      Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 12-10-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• What the hell is wrong with Cyclops stomach muscles?

Comment

• Where are the days that MS accidentally throws stuff on xbla to early, certainly not when you want them to...

Great preview btw, that actually got me pretty hyped now, seems like these tables might be the best that Pinball FX2 will have to offer from now on. I'm ready to no-life these tables.

Comment

• Will V & V be a stand-alone pack? Or will it be part of pinball fx2?

Comment

• Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
                              But I'm wondering why PS3 gets the tables a day early?
                              The US PS store updates on Tuesday evenings (around 7:00pm EST), so we get the titles roughly the same time as Sony Europe does (Wednesday mornings).

Comment

• Originally posted by celtic_illusion View Post
                                Will V & V be a stand-alone pack? Or will it be part of pinball fx2?
                                It'll be part of Pinball FX 2. It's just a new table pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X