X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man Tournament July 29 - August 12

Spider-Man Tournament on Pinball FX2!

High Score Tournament Runs July 29 – August 12, 2011

Spider-Man is one of the higher scoring tables in the Marvel Pinball lineup so this is a great chance to get a HUGE SuperScore and Hero Score boost. This is a high score tournament; the top three scores will win a Marvel Digital Comics Subscription, a Spider-Man Bass Skyline tee from MightyFine, and MSP’s!

1st Place –
    • 4,000 MS Points
    • Marvel Digital Comics annual subscription
    • Spider-Man Bass Skyline Tee Shirt from Mighty Fine

2nd / 3rd Place –
    • 1600 MS Points
    • Marvel Digital Comics annual subscription
    • Spider-Man Bass Skyline Tee Shirt from Mighty Fine

As always, there will be prizes for random players. To qualify, simply complete a full game on the Spider-Man table during the tournament period, will be open from July 29 – August 12, 2011. Winners will be notified via Gamertag following the conclusion of the tournament, and also posted in the Zen Studios forums. We make every effort to get in touch with the winners, so please be on the lookout for a message if you want to redeem your prize.
    To participate in the tournament, simply complete a game of Spider-Man on Pinball FX2 For Xbox LIVE® Arcade.

Special thanks to our friends at Marvel Entertainment and Mighty Fine for contributing to the prize packs!

P.S. We realize some of you will not like the fact that we are doing a Spidy tournament, so just think of it as a challenge to get a trillion.

I have zero chance in hell of winning but I can probably put up a score of a couple of hundred million .

Look for me somewhere near the bottom of the leader boards! xD

Comment

Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
      P.S. We realize some of you will not like the fact that we are doing a Spidy tournament, so just think of it as a challenge to get a trillion.
      I don't mind the Spiderman tournament per se as the best players will still be at the top in the end. It is just the fact that it is going to completely throw the superscore leaderboard out of whack with the build-up of villain scores over games and then the additional double score tournament bonus.

I sincerely hope that some plan is in place to revamp the leaderboards because after this tournament any decent pinball fx 2 player is never ever going to be able to get a better tournament score on any of the other tables. I'm so looking forward to the new tournament structure as well.

I just completed a game that took me well over an hour and I managed to score a Billion and in the process I also increased all of my villain scores so that the next game I will be able to get to a bigger score quicker. If I now have a really good game I can see that there is the possibility that I am going to be able to score over 2 Billion - but how long is that going to take me Long enough I would say not to want to really play it again... but for the sake of the tournament (and for hoping to keep my superscore in sync with my friends on the leaderboards) I will most probably give it a few more shots over the next two weeks.

With all said... I will be super impressed if anybody manages to get to 1 Trillion

PS: Can somebody please tell me why the J.J. Anderson mission sometimes doesn't activate even though you do the loop and the ball goes into the hole?
      Last edited by Cloda; 07-29-2011, 10:36 PM. Reason: added PS
      XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
        Spider-Man Tournament on Pinball FX2!

1st Place –
        • 4,000 MS Points

2nd / 3rd Place –
        • 1600 MS Points
        In the original tournament thread on the PS3 forum, you mentioned winners would receive "a gift card to purchase content on the system of your choice."

Is that still the case, or is it only MSP for the 360 tournament?

Thanks in advance you for the answer, and thank you for all the effort getting prize packs together.

Good luck to everyone.
        They took our pinball machines!
        Let's revolt, who's with me?
        Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
          PS: Can somebody please tell me why the J.J. Anderson mission sometimes doesn't activate even though you do the loop and the ball goes into the hole?
          After completing one of the three villain missions, the JJ mission hole will award a front page bonus.

Also, loop shots will not register when the ball is traveling at a low velocity.
          They took our pinball machines!
          Let's revolt, who's with me?
          Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

I've been waiting for a tournament as for some reason, my 'tournament bonus' was wiped from my superscore calculations
            MY BLOG: www.canuckistan.org

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
              the Spiderman tournament is going to completely throw the superscore leaderboard out of whack...
              With all due respect,

So what? We look at our superscores and I'm hella excited when
              mine goes up. I'm not worryin' about what your score is. I like
              seeing me increase mine. Thats it. Dont worry about what anyone
              else is doing. Some are doing the Flame trick, that inflates the score.
              Some are doing what you said, saving missions so you can get a
              bigger score quicker. That again is inflating the score. Think I care?
              Not a bit. As I said b4, I like watching mine rise.

This game is on track to be valued at $100 with all DLC plus the
              highest gamerscore to be gotten. Passing Halos 1750 or whatever.
              Now THATS exciting news.

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                After completing one of the three villain missions, the JJ mission hole will award a front page bonus.

Also, loop shots will not register when the ball is traveling at a low velocity.
                Thanks Blue... will keep this in mind. Wouldn't have bothered me if I was able to hit the loop more consistently though

Originally posted by Be4u View Post
                With all due respect,

So what? We look at our superscores and I'm hella excited when
                mine goes up. I'm not worryin' about what your score is. I like
                seeing me increase mine. Thats it. Dont worry about what anyone
                else is doing. Some are doing the Flame trick, that inflates the score.
                Some are doing what you said, saving missions so you can get a
                bigger score quicker. That again is inflating the score. Think I care?
                Not a bit. As I said b4, I like watching mine rise.

This game is on track to be valued at $100 with all DLC plus the
                highest gamerscore to be gotten. Passing Halos 1750 or whatever.
                Now THATS exciting news.
                Good for you... enjoy your superscore. I'm sure Spiderman will make it go up some for you...

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

I didnt really want to play this table again but I DO care about other peoples superscore as my ultimate goal is to break into the top 100.

Anyhow I racked up 800 million last night pretty easily. This now means of my super score of 3700, 1600 came from Spiderman - thats doesnt make me proud. In fact it feels a bit cheap

Comment

it's broken

So I spent a few hours on each of two games only to get shut down that i could not continue. One game had 5 glitches, I was able to up my mode scores but could not cash in when the ball dissapeared. I drained a ball after hitting the goblin ramp. He threw the 2 red balls out, but my ball still drained. I held the red balls as I launched ball 1.2 , I had a score of 1,070,000,000. Doc ock got a ball stuck in his hand so any ball sent up the middle or upper left playfield ramp hit his ball and came crashing back at me. I could complete it only by hitting the upper playfield and right ramp from it. not ideal. I could not activate goblin, he would throw out balls but they dissapeared. This entire time I had 3 balls in play, they would change color from white to red and back. Ever play with 3 red balls? very stressfull. I played like that for another hour or so and got to 1.5 bill. The honey im home ramp broke so I could not use it to get to the upper play field. Then the captive ball dissapeared. This happens almost every time I play. after more play something blocked the goblin ramp, wtf, It all ended when my ball replaced the captive ball and I was at a standstill. no ball in play, no way to tilt.I had to lose my score and my upgraded mode foe mysterio, witch was to only mode I could finnish. All said I played that playthrough for 3 hours and got nothing. I was able to post a 1.2 bil score last night, Actualy let ball 3.2 and 3.3 drain so my score could post and I could go fishing. My second good game was glitchy but not as bad, doc ock got a ball stuck and the goblin ball problem happened but after ball 1.3 drained the goblin reset and I was able to continue. But an hour later I had no ball in the playfield. More wasted time, and had to reset. I did this all on 3 hours of sleep, because when I woke up at 6 am i started playing. I avoid this table for those reasons, but I feel that my game play on this table is better than ever. I have been able to do the jj jameson mode much easier than before. In fact I hit that first and the other modes and get to final mode in just a few minutes. Then if I have around a billion and an extra ball I will continue to ball 1.2 It sucks to put hours into a table only to get shut down. I will get some good sleep this week and kick this tables but. after i up my jjameson mode score.
                    All said, this is a bad table to have a tourney on. The people i talk to that get scores in the billions, even think it is bad. The superscore will be even more out of wack.
                    Why not have a superscore of your best score put together. nothing else. Does that not make sense. I am thankfull that this table is very fluid and effortless for me, but unfair for most people. I also have a trick to stop your glitches, because after banging the table like i do it always breaks. I put some hurt in that captive ball.
                    Only do each mode once to get final mode. If you activate an unneeded mode just hold the ball and let it run out. that way it will be easier to get the mode when you need it. that way you wont have to hit the goblin so quikly.
                    Send me a friend request ihearawitch. Ball saved to all.

Comment

I thought I would give this tournament a spin and I got 100 million! It's the first time I've ever got 100 million on any table in Pinball FX!

I know it doesn't test the super scores that most people on this forum can get.. but for a pinball novice like me, it feels really great!

Comment

it works

Had a no glitch game, 7 balls with a screw up on ball 3.1
                        5,400,000,000 I must say again this is a bad tournament table. To see my friends scores go by so fast was crazy. This is screwing up the leader boards. I am going fishing, but after i sleep I will up my score. Hey CLODA and INDYRCRACER. suckers, just kiding,

Comment

Originally posted by jibblypop View Post
                          I thought I would give this tournament a spin and I got 100 million! It's the first time I've ever got 100 million on any table in Pinball FX!

I know it doesn't test the super scores that most people on this forum can get.. but for a pinball novice like me, it feels really great!
                          Agreed, i was hoping to see our next tournament feature a table anyone can get a decent score on and this is exactly that. Considering i just frustated with Rome and Iron Man etc this gives me a chance to not only submit a decent score (for me) but actually enjoy repeated plays of the tournament instead of get frustrated with it. Mars was the same for me - tables which are accessible for all being used as tournament choices is a chance for everyone to enjoy the experience instead of just the pros.

Comment

Superscore turned into Pooperscore in 24 hours!!!

Managed to add 6000 to my superscore (8000 - 14000) in one day and I'm quite confident that I can at least double that amount by the end of the tournament with my Villain scores now being much higher. If I was a sadomasochist I am pretty certain that I would have been able to break 100 Billion before the end of the tournament - but I'm not

Reason why I'm highlighting these delightful scores and other titbits is because I am now convinced that ZEN is going to abandon superscore for some other more superior leadeboard system once the tournament is done - RIGHT ZEN

It is not fair that one tables contribution to superscore can so dominate that the slow and steady improvement that I have made over the last 9 months or so and the nice challenge that I had with some of my pinball friends, now amount to nothing.

OK - enough said... I'll leave this whole matter now into ZEN's capable hands to sort out.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

cloda is right

What I will do to this table overshadows the 2 hours of play to improve my pasha score by 20 mil. ZEN you must make the superscore just a sum of everyones high scores. this is getting stupid. Today i will play extreme perfectly for a few hours to improve that score by a few million. NOT

Comment

Working...
                              X