Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey cloda

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
    Managed to add 6000 to my superscore (8000 - 14000) in one day and I'm quite confident that I can at least double that amount by the end of the tournament with my Villain scores now being much higher. If I was a sadomasochist I am pretty certain that I would have been able to break 100 Billion before the end of the tournament - but I'm not

Reason why I'm highlighting these delightful scores and other titbits is because I am now convinced that ZEN is going to abandon superscore for some other more superior leadeboard system once the tournament is done - RIGHT ZEN

It is not fair that one tables contribution to superscore can so dominate that the slow and steady improvement that I have made over the last 9 months or so and the nice challenge that I had with some of my pinball friends, now amount to nothing.

OK - enough said... I'll leave this whole matter now into ZEN's capable hands to sort out.
    Well said. IndyRcRacer sent me a(my dog just died) series of messages when he saw what we had done so far. Zen is hurting people that have put so much time into this game. I play everyday looking at cloda and indys scores to stay ahead by a few million. it makes our weekly superscore battle useless. extra ball to all.

Comment

This is played on a loop as I play this Table
      Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 07-31-2011, 04:45 PM.
      sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
      Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
      *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
        Managed to add 6000 to my superscore (8000 - 14000) in one day and I'm quite confident that I can at least double that amount by the end of the tournament with my Villain scores now being much higher. If I was a sadomasochist I am pretty certain that I would have been able to break 100 Billion before the end of the tournament - but I'm not

Reason why I'm highlighting these delightful scores and other titbits is because I am now convinced that ZEN is going to abandon superscore for some other more superior leadeboard system once the tournament is done - RIGHT ZEN

It is not fair that one tables contribution to superscore can so dominate that the slow and steady improvement that I have made over the last 9 months or so and the nice challenge that I had with some of my pinball friends, now amount to nothing.

OK - enough said... I'll leave this whole matter now into ZEN's capable hands to sort out.
        I hope you're right,Cloda. I sweated for a couple of months over this game and i had almost reached 4000 points ( my previous Spiderman high score was only 200 millions, almost nothing...), now in a couple of days i doubled my superscore.With a single,easy table. The superscore sistem is gone to hell, still i have to give my best to stay ahead of my friends.Mmm... It surely doesn't sound right, does it?
        "The heart reveals what smiles betray" - Rise against

Comment

I'm well happy just doubled my original score very pleased with 253 million

Comment

Wasn't this the reason why Rocky & Bullwinkle got gimped (super high scores... breaking the superscore system)?
            MY BLOG: www.canuckistan.org

Comment

Rocky & Bullwinkle was reset because of a bug with the ramp combo system that allowed players to score in the billions within a small time frame. The table was not designed to function in this manner, so Zen reset its leader board after a title update was released that corrected the bug.

The developers intended Spider-Man to be a very high scoring table due to its memory feature and ease of play. Blade might have been a more balanced choice for the tournament, but Spider-Man garners more attention (especially at nerd cons).
              They took our pinball machines!
              Let's revolt, who's with me?
              Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                Rocky & Bullwinkle was reset because of a bug with the ramp combo system that allowed players to score in the billions within a small time frame. The table was not designed to function in this manner, so Zen reset its leader board after a title update was released that corrected the bug.

The developers intended Spider-Man to be a very high scoring table due to its memory feature and ease of play. Blade might have been a more balanced choice for the tournament, but Spider-Man garners more attention (especially at nerd cons).
                Was it a bug? I never owned FX1, but from my understanding pre-update R&B scoring was the same as it was in FX1. I was under the impression it was updated not because of a scoring bug, but because it influenced superscore too much.

Comment

Originally posted by heathenSauce View Post
                  Was it a bug? I never owned FX1, but from my understanding pre-update R&B scoring was the same as it was in FX1. I was under the impression it was updated not because of a scoring bug, but because it influenced superscore too much.
                  That is the bug. All the old tables had the scoring reduced to keep them inline with the newer table scoring systems. R&B still had its "old" scoring so it made it easy for seasoned table owners to rack up ultra high superscores on it to the detriment of the system and those not owning it.

Comment

r+b

I never had a glitch on rocky but it was a frustrating table for sure. Once I got the ball saved timing down I could go to town. I posted a crazy six hour score just hours from the big reset, I wish I had just paused my xbox for the night and went to bed. Now the ball saved timing seems quicker but there is a strange multi ball "glitch" that keeps one of the multiballs stuck and will come out if your balls drain or you nudge. I think of it as insurance. I will put some time into it when this tourney is over but, you have to really want it, and for a long time. If things go well points come quickly, if they go bad you can play for a long time and be left with crap.

Comment

Rocky & Bullwinkle had its score adjusted along with the other eight tables when they were redesigned for FX 2.

Originally posted by Solitude View Post
                      As you may have noticed (and as I hinted earlier), the Rocky and Bullwinkle leaderboard was reset, and changes were made to the table rules.

The official statement:

"Dear Pinball FX2 owners, we’ve discovered an error in how the Rocky & Bullwinkle table awards points, a problem that has resulted in some astronomically inflated scores and had a disproportionate effect on Superscores. As part of the update to fix the problem, we must reset the Rocky & Bullwinkle leaderboards. We apologize to all the players who have put time and effort into improving their score. All other leaderboards will be unaffected; this should be the last time we have to do a reset."
                      They took our pinball machines!
                      Let's revolt, who's with me?
                      Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

Comment

Blegh.

superscore already was almost fully based on spiderman high scores..
                        I'll play this when im done with williams pinball classics..

Still, R & B shouldn't have changed if I knew this was gonna happen..

Comment

Originally posted by blue View Post
                          In the original tournament thread on the PS3 forum, you mentioned winners would receive "a gift card to purchase content on the system of your choice."

Is that still the case, or is it only MSP for the 360 tournament?

Thanks in advance you for the answer, and thank you for all the effort getting prize packs together.

Good luck to everyone.
                          We are going to stick with MSP's for this one, it's much easier to award these as codes work independently of region, whereas for PSN we need to buy SCEA or SCEE tokens based on where winners are located. It's a royal pain in the butt.

Comment

One bad thing with tournaments - they make you hate the table by the end of it xD...

I put a score of about 200mil up on my first try; and haven't been about to come close to that since. Think I will play some more Captain America for a couple of days xD.

(jesting by the way - Love the tournaments keep them coming! xD)

Comment

Originally posted by Lepruk86 View Post
                              One bad thing with tournaments - they make you hate the table by the end of it xD...

I put a score of about 200mil up on my first try; and haven't been about to come close to that since. Think I will play some more Captain America for a couple of days xD.

(jesting by the way - Love the tournaments keep them coming! xD)
                              The thing about if for me is that I only do well on a table when I "feel it". That is to say sometimes I have a game where I just storm a table because Im "in the groove/zone" as it were. Most of the tourneys so far have been when Im not "feeling it" for pinball so my scores are lacking in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by crackervizzo View Post
                                Here is the official top 3 scores from the Spider-Man Tournament:

1) noKane - 673,902,843,741
                                2) Hypno74 - 356,479,161,431
                                3) Dicepticon79 - 238,186,382,411
                                So, the PS3 tourney has concluded. Are you X360-ers kicking our top PS3 heroes' asses, or not?
                                Trophy Guides

Comment

Working...
                                X