Scoring Strategy for Ms. Splosion Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring Strategy for Ms. Splosion Man

Zen has created a well-balanced table that caters for their whole range of players. I believe that everybody will be able to have one of their highest table score on this table and as they get better with the game, they will get to a point where time and barrel save is the limiting factors on what they score on the table. Irrespective of how you approach your games, you must have a strategy when playing this table if you plan on having long and high scoring games.

I have found a safe strategy that works really well for me and thought that I would share it so that everybody can join in the Fun!!! It basically boils down to the following; protect the ball against draining and systematically complete all the missions and modes…

I prefer to play a table to its fullest but for the Ultimate high score strategy wednesday, the current high score holder by quite a margin on the table, employs an alternative strategy focussing on End of Ball Bonus as explained in this post.

ShoryukenToTheChin’s guide for the table is available on the Pinball FX 2 web-site so I will not go into detail on how to do any of the missions and modes. Lower down in the thread is some videos I made to try and demonstrate some of the strategy as well as some additional thoughts/tips. Here goes:

Systematic Scoring Strategy

- Start your game off by activating your Barrel Save, Tread mills and by maxing out your multipliers.
    - For each of the first three missions decide on how many times you are comfortable with playing each of the Award modes before activating the next mission. I always play the Zipline Award 3 times (except when going for an extra ball) the Splosion Award twice and the Directional Cannon Award once.
    - After your third mission you should be close to having been awarded 2 extra balls… if you lose a ball before 2 extra balls, consider restarting your game.
    - If you use the Barrel Save at any point before you have completed the first 2 missions and don’t have the Splosion Multiball hole ready for a lock before the third, reactive the Barrel Save (see below)
    - After the second mission – get you Splosion Multiball hole ready for a lock.
    - If before or during the third mission you lose your Barrel Save… don’t reactivate it. As carefully as possible start the mission if it isn’t active already and start the Splode Multiball - it can be played during the second and third missions. The reason why I do it this way is because during Splosion Multiball or the Wizard mode Multiball you will use the Barrel Save so it is not worthwhile going through all the effort to reactivate it if you are anyways going to start a Multiball.
    - If you don’t lose the Barrel save and manage to complete the third mission, first do the Award modes according to your plan before continuing.
    - Once you are done with that, start the Wizard mode (Mission 4 and 5).
    - When the Wizard mode is completed start the Splosion Multiball if you haven’t played it yet. The reason why I play the Splosion Multiball after the Wizard mode is because it has happened to me before that I managed to get through the Wizard mode without using the Barrel Save… it is then better to just start with the missions and Award modes again rather than playing the multiball and losing your Barrel Save.
    - Then you are back to the start of the strategy again… rinse and repeat to your hearts content!

Reactivating the Barrel Save

- Initially this is not difficult at all but as your game progresses, you need more and more shots into the Barrel Saver hole to reactivate it.
    - I have found that once I changed my mind set to seeing it as a brilliant scoring opportunity, rather than a frustration that I have to reactivate it again, it actually became a lot of fun.
    - The way I do it is by keeping it simple… I just keep on going for kicker combos no matter how long it takes to reactivate the barrel save. This is very important as it is your best chance not to lose a ball while you are reactivating it. Do not go for any other shots than the ones required for the Kicker Combo and to reactivate the tread mills… don’t say I didn’t warn you!!!
    - There is a second advantage of going for the kicker Combo… if you miss the Mighty Eternal Ramp the ball will often go into the tread mill mini-orbit – for every two shots in there you increase your Chill Out Bonus (see below) and the ball gets kicked out by the kicker into the right inlane from where you can take a late right flipper shot into the Barrel Saver hole.
    - With regards to the Kicker Combo – once the ball gets shot around the left orbit out of the barrel saver hole, let the ball hit your dead right flipper from where it will bounce onto your dead left flipper and bounce up such that you just need to raise the left flipper to catch the ball, ready for your shot around the right orbit.

Additional Tips

Chill Out bonus

Each time your ball rolls down one of the outlanes, even during multiball (if your treadmills aren’t activated), you receive the chill out bonus that you have built up since the previous payout.

Combo’s

Combo’s and Kicker Combo’s on this table are so much fun and also brilliant for scoring so always try to focus on stringing combo’s together in a safe way. A combination of shots that works well for me is to shoot the ball around the left orbit, hit it with the top right flipper into Mighty Eternal Ramp and as the ball comes out of the right inlane shoot it up the left orbit again etc. Once you get the timing down it can become quite a healthy scoring opportunity.

End of Ball Bonus (EOB)

This can get quite huge during a long game (200 million plus) as it builds for just about everything you do on this table. A nifty award for both the Splosion Award and Directional Cannon award is that your EOB value at that point is awarded to you!!!
    Last edited by Cloda; 10-13-2011, 10:07 AM.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Very nice Cloda, this will sure help alot of players out when going for the highscores.
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Ms. Splosion Man Video Clips

Here is some video clips I made to demonstrate some of the features on the table (more or less according to my strategy). I use a video camera so the quality and sound is not so good... I hope the usual video makers with the right equipment will also make some videos for this table. As always when making these video's you tend not to pull the shots off as nicely as you would while you are in the zone while playing the table... just saying

I enjoy the sound on this table (always play with music off) but I feel that they missed a few tricks here and there. Scoring is at such a frantic pace on this table that you barely have a chance to figure out why you earned a certain score so a few more "Attention" announcements would have been great. I would also have preferred if the extra ball announcement was that the light is lit (such as on Wolverine) because then you will have a better chance to know why you actually achieved it. It also seems that the DMD stacks messages in this table so often times you get a message long after you have completed something e.g. tread mills, Chill Bonus increase etc. Anyways...

This clip starts off with a nice 10 million Kicker Combo. After that I focussed on restarting the Barrel Save but realised half way through that I was actua...

This first clip starts off with a nice 10 million Kicker Combo. After that I focussed on restarting the Barrel Save but realised half way through that I was actually building a nice combo so I tried to continue with that. So with a bit of luck I managed to complete the combo (2x 10 million in the end... don't exactly know why the second one) and reactivated the Barrel Save. If I continued with the combo (which I didn't) I would have received 1 million for each additional shot completed... don't know why the Extra Ball light didn't come on for completing the combo - possibly because I already got it earlier in the game. I think the second 10 million was a replacement score for not being able to get the extra ball again.

In this second clip I complete the ZIP line Award 3 times, the Splosion Award twice and the Directional Cannon Award once. #PinStratsDan #StrategyCommentary ...

In this second clip I complete the ZIP line Award 3 times, the Splosion Award twice and the Directional Cannon Award once.

In this clip I managed to start the Splosion Multi Ball and locked and added balls until there are the maximum 5 in play. After that I managed to get each o...

In this last clip I managed to start the Splosion Multi Ball and locked and added balls until there are the maximum 5 in play. After that I managed to get each of the 5 Jackpots (max 3 Million) by shooting the Orbits and Ramps before I completed the Splosion Super Jackpot. After that I get one or two more Jackpots before I lose all the balls bar one - kinda fizzled out badly in the end. I did manage to score an extra ball as well during the multi ball - can't really tell why, might be for something I did just before starting the multi ball (Edit: Figured out it was for a Kicker Combo).
      Last edited by Cloda; 09-03-2011, 03:57 PM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Nice vids. They look very good considering its filmed straight from the telly. Also last time I looked, which was yesterday you were world #1 by quite a margin. The player you beat is actually the #1 Pac-man CE player in the world (thats just a fun fact for you). Congrats on the world record and by such a margin to #2.

You kept your multiball going for ages, even with 'crazy' style. Whenever I try to play them like that now it always ends bad. Nearly always two balls colliding and going down outlanes.

Also regarding what you said about filming and playing, its very true. I am always dissapointed in some ways with all my gameplays because of what look like 'noob' errors and have scrapped tonnes of gameplays because of it. When the laptop is off and no video capture I just play normal again. I still do make the same sort of mistakes from time to time but I don't think about it as much because its not something I am conscious of in relation to the video.
        So basically I only capture when I am looking to make a certain video. When I am playing for scores like normal, no capture.

I may make a vid for this table but to be honest I'm just not feeling this table. I mean it is a very nice table and I don't think its as 'easy' as alot of players seem to be saying. Not the hardest but certainly punishes for bad shots. I don't know but now that I hold Blade in such high regard as my clear #1 favourite table, its very hard to top and its always the table I want to go back too. I think this is why the last few tables haven't 'wowed' me. They are very solid tables but in my eyes Blade is king and can't be topped (all just my opinion, of course).

You should look into getting some sort of game capture Cloda. Your gameplays would be good to watch.

Edit- just one other question. Don't you find the DMD in the bottom left a massive distraction? Obviously not since you use it but I would think that would get in the way alot, particularly as you are using a moving view. I just ask because I have never seen that before, in what way does it help for you?
        Last edited by OzV1; 09-03-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks Oz for the feedback.

That multi ball was actually just a bit of showing off I never play with 3,4 or 5 balls when I normally play because as you say it is just too risky, you can very quickly go from 5 balls to nothing. I usually play with two and try to use controlled shots except for on a table like Wolvarine where they have features on the table like the Sabertooth plate (can't remember what it's called) and the saucers that holds some of the balls for a while during the multi ball.

I agree that the table is short and quite easy but I still think it is a very well planned and laid out table especially if you consider that Zen aims to make tables that are worth playing for all their players - from the beginners to the Wizards. I think they reached a good compromise on this table... especially like that the Barrel Saver becomes harder to activate (not like Wolverine SNIKT) and that it is difficult to get 6 extra balls. Blade though is still the king... got so much variation and it is worthwhile playing each and every mode and mission on the table.

With regards to the DMD... I usually have it off once I know a table well. I get distracted too easily. If I have it on (e.g. SotD with the mini-games), I have it in the same position but on medium or even small. I sit close to the TV so if it is at the top I have to look up to see it and that takes my eyes away from the flippers (even if it is just for a millisecond). I absolutely love the new view 7... it gives me the feeling of standing over the table and following the ball with my eyes as it moves across the table... just perfect for me. I really hope they put it in all the tables from now on (and also all the existing tables).

I have a bad chest infection at the moment so I have been off sick at home for the last couple of days... just in time for Ms. Splosion Man (really... I am off sick... doctors orders )
          Last edited by Cloda; 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
            Thanks Oz for the feedback.

That multi ball was actually just a bit of showing off I never play with 3 or 5 balls when I normally play because as you say it is just too risky, you can very quickly go from 5 balls to nothing. I usually play with two and try to use controlled shots except for on a table like Wolvarine where they have features on the table like the Sabertooth plate (can't remember what it's called) and the saucers that holds some of the balls for a while during the multi ball.
            No probs.

Yeah it definitely is more exciting to watch when done well, like in your vid. The times I have tryed to play multiballs like that in mine=instant failure. I am also concious of not trying to be 'boring' when recording and this also hampers my game, although some of my play is still quite boring and slow. I noticed over all your 3 vids you play the table pretty fast overall.

I agree that the table is short and quite easy but I still think it is a very well planned and laid out table especially if you consider that Zen aims to make tables that are worth playing for all their players - from the beginners to the Wizards. I think they got a good compromise on this table... especially like that the Barrel Saver becomes harder to activate (not like Wolverine SNIKT) and that it is difficult to get 6 extra balls. Blade though is still the king... got so much variation and it is worthwhile playing each and every mode and mission on the table.
            Yeah don't get me wrong, I think what Zen was aiming for here, they have hit the mark perfectly. Its just to me Blade is just so far ahead I always find myself comparing tables to it, which I know I shouldn't, but always do..The barrel saver is a great feature and does make you sort of plan when you want to have it up and always have a multiball opportunity ready for when it goes. I have seen you write in another thread thats its almost impossible to keep the entire time (unlike SNIKT) which is true. In my high scoring game I remember losing and then trying to start again only to see "20 hits for barrel save" and just thought 'stuff it' so it can be a deterrent, again unlike SNIKT where I just wouldn't do anything else till I had it done, which essentially means that the only time you can lose a ball on Wolverine is a mishit to the SNIKT target.

With regards to the DMD... I usually have it off once I know a table well. I get distracted too easily. If I have it on (e.g. SotD with the mini-games), I have it in the same position but on medium or even small. I sit close to the TV so if it is at the top I have to look up to see it and that takes my eyes away from the flippers (even if it is just for a millisecond). I absolutely love the new view 7... it gives me the feeling of standing over the table and following the ball with my eyes as it moves across the table... just perfect for me. I really hope they put it in all the tables from now on (and also all the existing tables).
            Yeah I always have it on, I just found it odd you had it in the bottom left corner but after watching one of your vids again, it actually never gets in the way of anything. I tryed the new view but I hate any moving view. I use View 6 for every table but wish there was just a straight top-down view. I wish I could use a closer view because it does look way better than from a distance.

I have a bad chest infection at the moment so I have been off sick at home for the last couple of days... just in time for Ms. Splosion Man (really... I am off sick... doctors orders )
            I normally go with a dead non-close distant relative for time of work. The death often means no questions asked and the distant relative thing leaves me not feeling bad for using a fake family member death to get time off work, but chest infection can work too.

Comment

I'm no Cloda, and I'm only up to about 1.2 billion, but here's my scoring strategy: Hit any possible ramp/orbit over and over again as quickly as possible, occasionally saving Splosion Man a few times along the way.

I'd like to say I'm just kidding (I wish I had Cloda's pinball precision, but I don't have the patience for developing the skill) but this is pretty much exactly how I broke a billion. There were, of course, multiballs and spiral/cannon award collections along the way, but these were opportunistic events arising from hitting the applicable ramps while combo building. Those million-point combo awards stack up and are broken up by fairly frequent 10-million point awards.

In fact, in my highest scoring game I didn't activate the ZIP even once (I might now that I see how it's done); I may not have even advanced it to "Z."

Anyhoo, thanks for the videos, Cloda!

Comment

Excellent thread, cloda this will help alot of players... with the videos even more so. These things truely help people get more into pinball and understand that its not just hitting the Ball, its as strateg' as war games lol.
                Last edited by ShoryukenToTheChin; 09-03-2011, 08:03 PM.
                sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
                Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
                *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

Originally posted by OzV1 View Post
                  No probs.

Yeah it definitely is more exciting to watch when done well, like in your vid. The times I have tryed to play multiballs like that in mine=instant failure. I am also concious of not trying to be 'boring' when recording and this also hampers my game, although some of my play is still quite boring and slow. I noticed over all your 3 vids you play the table pretty fast overall.
                  The only reason why I can now get it right occasionally to keep all the balls in play during multi-ball is because of Mars pyramid mission. I had to completed to many times that I started to approach multi-ball much more casually.

I guess fast play comes from having a good idea of how the ball will bounce and having a clear idea of what shot I want to do next - I haven't noticed before that I play fast... might just be on Ms. Splosion because it flows so nicely.

...unlike SNIKT where I just wouldn't do anything else till I had it done, which essentially means that the only time you can lose a ball on Wolverine is a mishit to the SNIKT target.
                  Yesterday, on a score of around 1.5 Billion on Wolverine I had the most excruciating and torturous half and hour yet playing FX 2 (or any game for that matter). I made the decision to save my game on ball 1 extra ball 2 when I decided that I must just make sure I start again from a safe position (Claw Save and Left Kickback and one Extra ball in tow). As soon as I made that decision I lost the Kickback. Between the Kickback and Claw save being lost regularly and trying to reactivate one or the other, I managed to lose my remaining balls for just about no addition to my score. Each time while going for the extra ball in the Amnesia saucer, losing Claw Save in the process and the ball being shot straight up from being "saved" and falling straight down the middle... that was the closest I have come yet to throwing my controller to smithereens... my poor wife and neighbours must have thought that my chest infection had gone to my head and that it was misdiagnosed... it surely must be Rabies that I contracted

Yeah I always have it on, I just found it odd you had it in the bottom left corner but after watching one of your vids again, it actually never gets in the way of anything. I tryed the new view but I hate any moving view. I use View 6 for every table but wish there was just a straight top-down view. I wish I could use a closer view because it does look way better than from a distance.
                  My eyes are not good enough for the far away views. I believe my instant success on this table is to a large degree as a result of the new views available (I use 7 for normal and 1W for mutli-ball)

I normally go with a dead non-close distant relative for time of work. The death often means no questions asked and the distant relative thing leaves me not feeling bad for using a fake family member death to get time off work, but chest infection can work too.
                  Try Rabies next time... they will escort you out of the office and send you home on the companies account
                  Last edited by Cloda; 09-04-2011, 06:02 AM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Originally posted by Cloda View Post
                    The only reason why I can now get it right occasionally to keep all the balls in play during multi-ball is because of Mars pyramid mission. I had to completed to many times that I started to approach multi-ball much more casually.
                    Theres a table I must go back too, as it is quite a carefree, flowing table but it inevitably turns into a game of trying to beat the pyramid mission alone. Its amazing how one mission can ruin whats a perfectly good table but yeah I have to admit too that the constant "trying" over and over did make me better at multiball overall.

Yesterday, on a score of around 1.5 Billion on Wolverine I had the most excruciating and torturous half and hour yet playing FX 2 (or any game for that matter). I made the decision to save my game on ball 1 extra ball 2 when I decided that I must just make sure I start again from a safe position (Claw Save and Left Kickback and one Extra ball in tow). As soon as I made that decision I lost the Kickback. Between the Kickback and Claw save being lost regularly and trying to reactivate one or the other, I managed to lose my remaining balls for just about no addition to my score. Each time while going for the extra ball in the Amnesia saucer, losing Claw Save in the process and the ball being shot straight up from being "saved" and falling straight down the middle... that was the closest I have come yet to throwing my controller to smithereens... my poor wife and neighbours must have thought that my chest infection had gone to my head and that it was misdiagnosed... it surely must be Rabies that I contracted
                    Man this is funny probably because I can relate to it so well. It amazes how I can seemingly go along for hours sometimes without feeling like I will ever lose the ball, then something happens that shouldn't and it just completely falls apart, turning into a bumbling comedy of errors. You feel the frustration build and no matter what you do, those shots you could hit with your eyes closed 10 minutes ago are now impossible. I have let out quite alot of loud "[email protected]#%s!!!" when playing this game. Its funny because now I can play multiplayer games without alot stress (these are often the most frustrating games for alot of people) because whenever something BS happens, I always have the thought of "thats nothing compared to losing a ball as a result of missing the easiest shot on a table and missing out on a high score you have spent hour going for". Anyway that became a rant but reading what you wrote made me laugh

Try Rabies next time... they will escort you out of the office and send you home on the companies account
                    I think we erradicated that here in the 1950's or something. They wouldn't just send me home, I would be taken away by some government "officials" and put in some sort of quarantine and never allowed communication with the outside world again.

Comment

Cloda thank you for tips and insight. Time to try to beat my old high score

Comment

Thanks Cloda and Oz for your tips and vids. You are helping a noob like me to enjoy this game more and more. Keep them coming please!

Comment

Further Revelations

I just finished another long game (around 4 hours) and kind of fizzled out in the end again... played well to about the first ball of ball 2. I should learn from my mistakes and take long breaks once I get tired...

I made about 3.5 Billion which is well short of the high score on the table which currently stand on about 5.1 Billion. Even though the game felt good and as if I was making good progress I realised afterwards that there was one big difference between this game and my high score game. In that game I had one really good ball where the EOB built up really high (400+ mil) and it paid out twice during the game and again when I lost the ball. In the game I just played I had quite a few in-game EOB awarded but not once did it build up high enough to have a significant influence on my score. With that in mind, here is some further thoughts I had while playing:

- As explained, the in-game EOB can make a significant difference to your score. Your first ball thus really needs to count... do everything you can, while the Barrel Saver can still be quickly activated, to keep that ball alive as long as possible. Don't take any risks... e.g. if you start a mission without the Barrel Saver activated, let the timer run out.
                          - I'm beginning to think that you can only score a maximum of 5 Extra Balls.... please let me know if you have been able to score 6. To try to make it easier to get that fifth extra ball when you get to ball 3 I suggest you try and plan how you get your first extra balls. The easiest ones to get is Multiplier x10, ZIP Line and Combo Kicker. Combo is not too difficult once you get the shots down, but the one (or two?) that you can get from the Cannon Surprise Award (Spiral Award?) can sometimes really take a while... and that's not what you need when you are on your last ball. My approach is to try and get at least one of my first two extra balls with a Surprise Award and the second one with a Combo. Later in the game you will then have the easier extra balls to get when you need it and then you can work at getting that mysterious 6th extra ball that has eluded me so far
                          - Once the amount of Barrel Saver shots get really high (20+) it is worth starting Splosion Multi ball if it is ready. The reason why I suggest this, is because during Splosion Multi ball, any hits to the Barrel Saver hole counts towards the reactivation of the Barrel Save. Earlier in the game it is not an option because the chance is then too big that you will reactivate the Barrel Save while the multi ball is still going and lose it straight away again. EDIT: The Barrel Saver light to the right of the Barrel Saver hole starts to blink when you only need one more shot to Reactivate the Barrel Saver... at that point drain the rest of your balls so that you don't activate it by mistake and lose it again.
                          - Also, when the amount of Barrel Saver shots get really high, I suggest that you up the amount of times that you complete the two Award modes and ZIP line before going on to the next mission. This is especially worthwhile if you have kept the ball going for long and your EOB bonus is high.
                          - When you lose all but your last ball during the 4th stage (first Wizard mode stage), I have found that the safest (and quickest) shot to shoot the remaining barrels is to shoot at the Barrel straight up in front of the Splosion Ramp (middle ramp)... there is a good chance that the ball will come down and hit the barrel just below it to the left (especially if you shoot from the left flipper). EDIT: This is very risky from the right flipper if you hit the middle barrel directly, but if you aim for Mr. Destructoid the ball lands on the barrel below it and often blows up to hit the middle barrel as well... safest option though is not to lose the other balls!!!
                          Last edited by Cloda; 09-07-2011, 09:25 PM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Comment

Regarding 6 extra balls:

I was able to receive 6 extra balls in game, for a total of 9 playable balls, Although it was certainly through a peculiar circumstance. Let me explain:

On ball 1, I earned the combo, and 10x multiplier balls.

On ball2, I earned the kicker combo extra ball first, and the directional cannon one second. After i earned this 2nd one, i elected not to receive it from ball lock location immediately, and rather waited to get it. This is because i had my barrel save, and the multiball was ready with a ball locked, so i didnt want to want to "waste" my barrel save going for it. Recall that at this point, i already have 1 extra ball. Well then I do the zip line award, and it awards me another chance at getting an extra ball! So immediatly I shoot the extra ball and sure enough, it's still blinking and allows me to shoot it again. However, I still only have 2 extra balls, not 3! That was kind of upsetting.

On ball 3, I shoot the directional cannon a few times, and low and behold, it lights up the the extra ball! so seemingly, the "zip line" extra ball overrode the cannon. However, not even 1 minute into this ball 3, the extra ball lights up for seemingly no reason, almost as if it carried over my 3rd earned extra ball and plopped it down for me to use next ball!

So that's my surely unconventionable way of doing it, it happened completely by surprise, and im not sure if it's a glitch or not! But.... 6 balls IS possible!

edit: it's possible, i guess, that i earned the last extra ball doing something that i don't remember, but it definitly seemed like it came "out of thin air" and i'm pretty attentive to when i earn extra balls.
                            Last edited by wednesday; 09-05-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I'm going to add a few tips for a high scoring game that people might find useful by request from the man himself :P

Zipline combo: (per completion) 2million, 5million 10million, 10million. (note, 4th 10 million will be an extra ball instead, the first time.)

Combo: It takes 10 shots without breaking combo to receive an extra ball.
                              5K,25K,50K,75K,100K,150K,200K,500K,1million,10mill ion. If you keep the combo going, you receive 1million for each completed shot until it is broken.

Kicker combo: 2million,4million,10million. You receive an extra ball on the 1st 10million shot.

MULTIBALL

You should avoid lighting the splosion letters, and definitly avoid starting the multiball when you have the barrel save out, since it's an inevitable use of your barrell save. As soon as you lose your barrell save, (the splosion letters have probably been lit, since it's almost inevitable) I start the multiball. An advantage to this is that you can work on getting your barrell save back during the multiball, as well as getting the jackpots! If you only have 2-3 balls, you should be able to direct a ton of shots into the barrel save hole before losing the multiball.

"COMBO" EXTRA BALL

Now for me, this is definitly the hardest one to get, since i seem to have a lack of skill in regards to stringing these huge chains together. I'll lay out what works for ME best. I hit the left orbit, and subsequently (attempt to) hit the Mighty Eternals ramp. This lets it quickly drain down to my right flipper where i repeat the process. If you mess up the initial right flipper hit mid combo (ie: miss the eternals ramp), it will often go into the barrel save hole if your shot is "late", but you still have time to hit the mission ramp before the combo timer resets. Best to have a late shot than an early one, because the treadmill kickback shot is too slow, and your combo will be reset.

BARREL SAVE

Like Cloda said, a Kicker combo is the safest way to obtain it. But I'd like to mention another important factor here. Early game, it is CRUCIAL not to use your Barrel save very often, since every time you use it, it becomes harder to obtain the next. If i find that i only have a couple hundred million on my first ball but i've used the Barrel save a few times, I recommend thinking about restarting your game, because your setting yourself up for an extremely difficult late game. It's inevitable that you will eventuall have a giant amount of shots you have to hit the Barrel save hole with, but don't let it happen early!

TRICKS

These tricks are important in all tables, but they are even more important on this table than average in my opinion.

Dead ball bounce: Example: the ball is coming down the right orbit at a slow speed after having hit the bumpers. You want the ball to be on the left flipper, so you let the ball bounce off the right with no action from you, and it safely lands on the left flipper.
                              Nudging: I'm sure everyone knows how to do this by now, you push up on the joystick, and the ball will pass from one flipper to another. You get 2 nudges per average, ( DMD displays DANGER, DANGER and the audio cues ( watch the hair, WATCH the HAIR). The reset is very fast, meaning you can use this trick a LOT. There's no penalty for using it, so Nudge liberally, Nudge often!

FINAL THOUGHTS

Extra balls are really important on this table, due to the longevity of the game you have. I had a game where each ball lasted an hour (on average). Clearly, you can rack up a lot more points in an extra hour, so becoming a master at obtaining ALL the extra balls, (note, max 2 per "real" ball) is the biggest key to success!

Hopefully someone found this addition helpful, I'm loving this table, it's easily my favorite so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X